Kinder Morgan

Kinder Morgan Employee Reviews

Productive and active workplace
Operator (Current Employee), Geismar, LAAugust 14, 2015
Working for Kinder Morgan is hard work, it is a very active and fast pace workplace. It has given me the experience I need to further my career in the chemical industry.
When It's Good It's Good but When It's Bad It's Bad
Plant Operator (Current Employee), Haughton, LAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Company truck, company fuel card, company cell phone, company laptop, travel to and from plants at different locations throughout the day.
Cons: The workshift (10 on 4 off), the working away from home and missing out on time with my family
The days at Kinder Morgan as an amine plant operator are somewhat normal. I am responsible for numerous amine plants and dehydration units that are used to treat natural gas on the pipeline. The amine plant is used to remove CO2 and H2S from the natural gas, and the dehydration unit is used to remove H2O from the natural gas. I am required to keep the plants running sufficiently and properly. I am responsible for retrieving daily readings, entering the daily readings on a spreadsheet, filling out monthly forms, submitting monthly forms, inspecting pipelines for leaks and other infractions, monitoring gas flow on the pipeline to ensure I am treating the correct amount of gas, troubleshooting problems with the units I have to take care of, and resolving issues within my power after the troubleshooting has been performed. A lot goes into the mental and physical part of the job.
Kinder Morgan is an excellant company to work for, their compensation and benefits are top of the line and the management team is amazing.
Senior Dispatcher (Current Employee), Sauget, ILAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, Safety Bonus Awards
Cons: None
A typical day of work is very fast paced with minimal down time. As a Sr. Dispatcher there are high standards that are constantly changing and must be followed. The best part of working at Kinder Morgan is the fact that they give training on a regular basis to keep all employees up to date.
Instrument Technician/Electrican Technician (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, laAugust 6, 2015
Family environment, great management. I have recommended working here to a few of my friends/family. Only down fall is the pay is really low. Benefits off set that.
really enjoy working by the lake
Heavy Equipment Operator/ Stevedore (Current Employee), Ashtabula, OHAugust 3, 2015
Great company to work for. Great co-workers. Good management. Great balance job work/ life balance. I loved the work we did and i personally love working on the lake.
Terrible
Operator (Current Employee), Galena Park, TXJuly 26, 2015
Pros: ??
Cons: Pay
For the Houston area this company will pay you well below the area salary by $10,000 per year by operators standards. Plus you work way more with less of a crew and with management for mid to upper not even caring about its employees. Now if you do anything wrong your gone but if they mess up will its ok. Would not recommend this job to anyone accept for someone that is old or new a need a start.
Okay pay
Pipeline Controller/Scheduler (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXJuly 20, 2015
Pros: hard to say
Cons: see review
The pay was okay. Communication, organization, and management was horrible..... Coworkers were good for the most part.
Professional caring company
gauger (Current Employee), Williston, NDJuly 20, 2015
I have enjoyed my work time here so far. I am still accessing the overall job experience. Time will tell if we are perfect fit.
Payroll is terrible
Building Tech Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 13, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: pay / hours
as a former employee I can say the payroll department is rude, unhelpful and not worried about you.
management is only worried about saving money.
I do not recommend anyone working there always working weekends, after hours and not recognized.
wharehouse
Warehouseman (Current Employee), St.Louis Mo.July 9, 2015
load an unload trucks work with others to keep up warehouse work in a timely manner to keep up production pick an stage orders drive forklift to move product around warehouse
Great envrionment
Project Safety Coordinator (Current Employee), Galena Park, TXJuly 8, 2015
Management is very supportive of the safety culture. Pay is fair and great benefits. There is only minimal advancent but the work is steady, consistant and the job security is there.
Productive Workplace
Engineer - Pipeline II (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 7, 2015
Kinder is company with good benefits and and good work environment. I enjoy working with my coworkers. I would like to see more team building activities from upper management.
A great workplace and excellent benefits
Accountant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 2, 2015
The atmosphere is great, employees are friendly and helpful. There is always a chance for advancement. The company provides lots of incentives for employees.
Great Company to work with
Utility Inspector (Former Employee), Honesdale, PAJune 24, 2015
Pros: will work with you
Cons: Not many i can speak of
Kinder Morgan is a large company and has many things and projects going but still takes time to speak with its team in or out of the field and works close with 3nd party inspections to insure the projects are completed safely and on time and under budget, so over all they are one of the best to work for in this industry.
Overall Review of Kinder Morgan
Operator (Current Employee), La Porte, TXJune 23, 2015
Pros: Salary and benefits
Cons: Micro-Managment and unorganization
KInder Morgan is a great job for financial security but it has bad management and they micromanage so much that workers feel uncomfortable.Very unorganized.
Mismanagement
Facility Operator (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Management
You will only go far here if you are family or who your drinking buddies are hard work is not awarded here,if you're not in the click you get kicked to the curb,this place is ran by idiots I have not seen a place ran like this in the 37yrs in the work force.This place needs a good House cleaning (Pier 9).
Great people to work for and have good beneifits
Chemical Operator (Former Employee), Galena Park, TXJune 19, 2015
Shift change is at 5 o clock. Dock workers discuss what happened during there shift and what needs to be down. I learned how to load and unload vessels, barges, tank cars, and railcars. Management is good. Hardest part was climbing shore tanks during inventory time and gauging each one.
Monotony is extremely boring
Loader (Current Employee), Baltimore MdJune 12, 2015
the schedule is beyond unpredictable. Regularly unsure of our schedule less than 24 hours ahead. The work is monotonous and boring. Same thing everyday
Very professional and challenging place to work
Manager IC CO2 Accounting (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJune 1, 2015
Relax environment but very clear directions from Management. Strong policy compliance. Good compensation package.
great benefits, safety focused
Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: work schedule, benefits
Cons: iving paycheck to paycheck
The bulk side of Km start your pay at 14 to 18 an hour because it's non union. They give you a pay raise as a lump sum so your pay stays the same and the check is taxed at 38% .If you know how to run other pieces of heavy equipment you might make a few dollars more. Working the dupont schedule is great more family time only work like 16 days a month . Terminal management has a open door policy, Co workers really make the 12 hours go by.. if possible try your luck at the liquid side the pay starts around 21 to 23 an hour topping out at around the mid 30s I hear that. What a difference a union side makes over non union
Industry