Kinder Morgan

Kinder Morgan United States Employee Reviews

Nice environment
Petroleum Reservoir Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 28, 2015
good place to work, good culture and people. Company provides good benefits as well as competitive pay. Highly recommend this company
Great company to work for
Operation specialist (Current Employee), Kinder, LAApril 22, 2015
I operate our gas compressor station. I make rounds throughout the facility to ensure everything is in proper working order. I have learn many things as an operator.
Culture of fear
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 21, 2015
Pros: Outstanding compensation and benefits
Cons: Fear of losing job at a moments notice
A culture of fear and dysfunctional management
Health and Safety (Former Employee), LouisianaApril 13, 2015
Pros: I like what I did at KM. That was a challenge and very enjoyable
Cons: Worst corporate and upper management of any company I have ever observed.
The company pays decent but if you look up and down the street I think you will find they predominantly under pay. The upper management at this company are in my opinion, ineffective leaders. You will be asked to work extremely long hours so be ready for sacrifice.My own experience is I was faced with the worst of the worst when it comes to corporate yes men who spent more time covering for each other than productive management. Worse yet they are controlled by a team of reactionary Directors who manage solely from a place of fear. A healthy work environment is extremely important anywhere. Lets face it in O&G or a huge Midstream, safety is paramount and the people who drive safety are supposed to be about changing/maintaining a culture that fosters an ever safe effective workplace where everyone has respect for the job and coming home in one piece. Horrifically this outfit from my experience is more about punish and fire anyone who even appears to be having a problem vs. mentoring and correcting behavior. I saw this happen time and time again. My upper management did not council or document the issues, they just replaced people with no warning. Think about it for a moment, how do you grow a person into a safe operator if they are so scared they hide everything? I observed that he management is scared of themselves as well. In summary my honest assessment is that the above is the general operating culture at Kinder Morgan. I hope you find this helpful I was very excited when I came there but after all that I observed, I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Good benefits
E&C Technician (Current Employee), Middleton, TNApril 4, 2015
Pros: Good working conditions.
Cons: Hard to make advancements.
Good benefits with competitive pay. From my experience it is hard to make advancements. Kinder Morgan purchased El Paso Corp. Kinder Morgan's pay and bonuses are not as healthy as El Paso's.
Tremendous work environment with welcoming and supportive atmosphere
Consultant, Public Affairs (Current Employee), Tucson, AZApril 1, 2015
I really enjoy working at Kinder Morgan, as it has truly been a place where people love to work with each other and help each other with whatever tasks they are doing. The people that I work with directly have been extremely helpful in my progress during my time here at Kinder Morgan.
Good company, difficult to be a successful employee
Manager (Former Employee), TexasMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Good Company overall
Cons: Poor work life balance, long hours, no recognition unless you are in the right circles.
A typical day at work is filled with juggling what you need to be doing against what your manager or manager's manager thinks needs to be done. We are not talking priorities rather preferences. What I learned is most facilities within my group had a practical monopoly and many guaranteed contracts with customers and groups structured with no guarantees are unfairly measured the same. Management is mostly concerned with how they are perceived by their manager and not so much with operational reality. My co-workers were akin to fellow soldiers in a doomed platoon that keep attacking none the less with no assistance or reward in site. All we have is each other. The hardest part of the job was having your creativity, imagination, open mind, energy, charisma, and personality removed from your job and body which eventually wears you down until you stop using these traits only to find out your labeled a non participant because of it. The most enjoyable part of the job was identifying individual motivational triggers and placing employees in a situation that pulled those triggers and then sitting back and watching the self induced improvement around the triggered employee. To see the employee's increased involvement and positive infection on others. Also enjoyable was recognizing others needs and getting them the materials or upgrades to make their work day better. Good company, very sad.
Upper mgt. catered to. Working emp. second class citizens.
Corrosion Technician (Current Employee), Snyder, TXMarch 18, 2015
Pros: Not a lot
Cons: If emp. asked and is safe from scrutiny and retaliation will tell you company is messed up bad.
Prejudice when I comes to placing blame on lower echelon employees. No one in upper mgt. wants to take responsibility for mistakes made. Always placed on employees. Mgt. is no qualified to do the jobs they are assigned. The Peter Principle is eating this company up.
Worked for the company as a temp
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Concord, CAMarch 11, 2015
The company is a pipeline company, so the environment was industrial. Few perks, my break room did not have a sink, and the water cooler was filled from the tap. I was kept on as part time, even though I often worked 40 hour weeks, no benefits, no paid time off, no sick time. I worked through a temp agency. A typical day at work involved turning on the instruments and running the standards, then testing samples. Gasoline, Diesel, and jet fuel with ASTM protocols.
Great benefits and compensation with plenty of overtime.
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Huger, S.C.March 10, 2015
Pros: great benefits and compensation and great group of people to work with.
Cons: the company is understaffed. not knowing when or if you will have time off, makes it hard to make any kind of plans.
Kinder Morgan has one of the best Benefit packages I have seen for companies in this area. No problem getting overtime, sometimes more overtime than you want. The team of employees at Kinder Morgan all work very well with each other. There is definitely a Team Atmosphere, where everyone looks out for each other and works with each other.
over worked and underpaid
Senior Contract Administrator (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 4, 2015
Pros: casual environment
Cons: low pay
Kinder Morgan believes in running the groups very lean. You will have a very heavy workload and each year there are new acquisitions or projects that continuously add to your list of responsibilities. There are not very large bonuses and raises are below standard.
Great place to work.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good work environment.
Cons: n/a
A typical day of work was driving trucks from port to port. I learned to be vigilant. Management held many safety meetings. Co- worlers communicated well. The hardest part of the job was running out of hours to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was driving.
Outstanding Company with significant opportunites for advancement
Terminal Operations Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: quality company
Great company to work for. Provided outstanding benefits and compensation package. Outstanding safety culture and comfortable work environment.
Company promoted a team work concept with core values of Safety Quality Honesty and Efficiency.
Great Company
Operator Level 1 (Former Employee), Pasadena tx 77503February 17, 2015
line up conveyour belts
get laoded hopper cars and unload them in the shaker house
clean up the shaker house of all debris
Solid job
Pipeline Operator (Current Employee), Concord CaFebruary 11, 2015
I enjoy my job and am greatful to be working close to home. 12 hour rotating shifts. 3 man crews. Great pay good benefits. No retirement package...only a 401k.
Very Safety Oriented company
Laborer/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Ashtabula, OHFebruary 3, 2015
Working safely & knowing the company has trained effectively all asspects of working safely around open water, ships & dock operations.
Excellent Hours; questionable management
Scale (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: hours and pay
Cons: management/personnel issues
Hours are great, and you are off on the weekends. Most employees are very helpful and professional. As with any office setting, you always have a few bad apples that ruin the bunch. A few office employees were exceptionally unprofessional and rude to the point of face to face arguing with other employees while customers witnessed said events.
Scheduler
Scheduler Senior (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: learned a lot and loved my coworkers
 Manage shipper imbalances, reconcile pipeline interconnect balances, managed daily customer calls and assisted with any discrepancies.
 Assist in training new schedulers.
 Monitor both Passkey and Appworx and other batch jobs to identify system problems and seek resolution so that all NAESB deadlines are met
 Continually volunteer for additional trips and training sessions to gain further knowledge
 Team player
 Special Projects and Accomplishments
 Developed and presented Customer Relations procedures and ideas.
 Assisted with development of Nom Upload
 4Sight Jan 2011-May 2012
 EP2DART June 2012-present
Very Stressful work place
Customer Service (Current Employee), Bedford Park, ILJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great insurance
Cons: buisness always first
Very fast passed days, management not aware of everyday duties of their employees nor have most ever even done the duties, and co-workers are the best
Great Place to work
Accounting/Finance (Former Employee), Carteret, NJJanuary 17, 2015
Great Place to work
People are great to work with
Job Security is very good
Culture at this company is great

1 2 3 4 5

About Kinder Morgan

This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the – Read more

Kinder Morgan Salaries