Kinder Morgan

Kinder Morgan Employee Reviews

Overall Review of Kinder Morgan
Operator (Current Employee), La Porte, TXJune 23, 2015
Pros: Salary and benefits
Cons: Micro-Managment and unorganization
KInder Morgan is a great job for financial security but it has bad management and they micromanage so much that workers feel uncomfortable.Very unorganized.
Mismanagement
Facility Operator (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Management
You will only go far here if you are family or who your drinking buddies are hard work is not awarded here,if you're not in the click you get kicked to the curb,this place is ran by idiots I have not seen a place ran like this in the 37yrs in the work force.This place needs a good House cleaning (Pier 9).
Great people to work for and have good beneifits
Chemical Operator (Former Employee), Galena Park, TXJune 19, 2015
Shift change is at 5 o clock. Dock workers discuss what happened during there shift and what needs to be down. I learned how to load and unload vessels, barges, tank cars, and railcars. Management is good. Hardest part was climbing shore tanks during inventory time and gauging each one.
Monotony is extremely boring
Loader (Current Employee), Baltimore MdJune 12, 2015
the schedule is beyond unpredictable. Regularly unsure of our schedule less than 24 hours ahead. The work is monotonous and boring. Same thing everyday
Very professional and challenging place to work
Manager IC CO2 Accounting (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJune 1, 2015
Relax environment but very clear directions from Management. Strong policy compliance. Good compensation package.
great benefits, safety focused
Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: work schedule, benefits
Cons: iving paycheck to paycheck
The bulk side of Km start your pay at 14 to 18 an hour because it's non union. They give you a pay raise as a lump sum so your pay stays the same and the check is taxed at 38% .If you know how to run – more... other pieces of heavy equipment you might make a few dollars more. Working the dupont schedule is great more family time only work like 16 days a month . Terminal management has a open door policy, Co workers really make the 12 hours go by.. if possible try your luck at the liquid side the pay starts around 21 to 23 an hour topping out at around the mid 30s I hear that. What a difference a union side makes over non union – less
Kinder Morgan
Procurement Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2015
A Great Place to Work. The culture, training, and people are like a second family working together to achieve a common goal!
Challenging but rewarding place to work on multiple levels.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee), Galena Park, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: Very good retirement program
Cons: Cant think of one
One of the best places I have ever worked. I enjoyed almost every aspect of the experience. ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Excellent company engaged in midrange Oil business transporting oil to refineries
Compliance Paralegal (Former Employee), Lakewood, COMay 20, 2015
Pros: Processes in place and easy to follow.
Cons: Management did not communicate well.
I enjoyed working at Kinder Morgan as a Compliance Paralegal. Kinder Morgan was under a Debarment Agreement that it would report environmental leaks to the EPA and NRC within ten days of the incident. – more... I tracked these events and instructed employees how to report incidents. I learned a lot about the oil industry. I enjoyed tracking the incidents, setting up the database and working with people. I was there for seven months. – less
Good environment and interesting work
Measurement Supervisor (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 16, 2015
Overall, Kinder Morgan is a stable company for which to work. Given their business model, they do not have issues with layoffs. They recognize and reward talented employees.
Kinder Operations
Houston Control Center Manager, Liquids (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 11, 2015
Kinder Morgan was a good company to work for a typical day was focus on the liquids pipeline operations. Making sure schedules were followed. When I left we had mostly new inexperienced pipeline controllers. The operations group was a good group and I enjoyed working with them.
They don't practice what they preach. Don't make upper management mad.
Clerk (Former Employee), TexasApril 30, 2015
I have learned through working a contract job on two KM projects that the upper management does not practice what they preach. If you make certain people mad then forget about ever working for any KM – more... projects.

Overall I enjoyed my time working with most folks on the projects but learned very quickly there are a lot of folks married to upper KM employees and that they have the power to blackball you from working on any KM jobsites. – less
Nice environment
Petroleum Reservoir Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 28, 2015
good place to work, good culture and people. Company provides good benefits as well as competitive pay. Highly recommend this company
Great company to work for
Operation specialist (Current Employee), Kinder, LAApril 22, 2015
I operate our gas compressor station. I make rounds throughout the facility to ensure everything is in proper working order. I have learn many things as an operator.
Culture of fear
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 21, 2015
Pros: Outstanding compensation and benefits
Cons: Fear of losing job at a moments notice
You will be asked to work extremely long hours so be ready for sacrifice.My own experience is I was faced with the worst of the worst when it comes to corporate yes men who spent more time covering for – more... each other than productive management. Worse yet they are controlled by a team of reactionary Directors who manage solely from a place of fear. A healthy work environment is extremely important anywhere. – less
A culture of fear and dysfunctional management
Health and Safety (Former Employee), LouisianaApril 13, 2015
Pros: I like what I did at KM. That was a challenge and very enjoyable
Cons: Worst corporate and upper management of any company I have ever observed.
The company pays decent but if you look up and down the street I think you will find they predominantly under pay. The upper management at this company are in my opinion, ineffective leaders. You will – more... be asked to work extremely long hours so be ready for sacrifice.My own experience is I was faced with the worst of the worst when it comes to corporate yes men who spent more time covering for each other than productive management. Worse yet they are controlled by a team of reactionary Directors who manage solely from a place of fear. A healthy work environment is extremely important anywhere. Lets face it in O&G or a huge Midstream, safety is paramount and the people who drive safety are supposed to be about changing/maintaining a culture that fosters an ever safe effective workplace where everyone has respect for the job and coming home in one piece. Horrifically this outfit from my experience is more about punish and fire anyone who even appears to be having a problem vs. mentoring and correcting behavior. I saw this happen time and time again. My upper management did not council or document the issues, they just replaced people with no warning. Think about it for a moment, how do you grow a person into a safe operator if they are so scared they hide everything? I observed that he management is scared of themselves as well. In summary my honest assessment is that the above is the general operating culture at Kinder Morgan. I hope you find this helpful I was very excited when I came there but after all that I observed, I would not recommend this company to anyone. – less
Good benefits
E&C Technician (Current Employee), Middleton, TNApril 4, 2015
Pros: Good working conditions.
Cons: Hard to make advancements.
Good benefits with competitive pay. From my experience it is hard to make advancements. Kinder Morgan purchased El Paso Corp. Kinder Morgan's pay and bonuses are not as healthy as El Paso's.
Tremendous work environment with welcoming and supportive atmosphere
Consultant, Public Affairs (Current Employee), Tucson, AZApril 1, 2015
I really enjoy working at Kinder Morgan, as it has truly been a place where people love to work with each other and help each other with whatever tasks they are doing. The people that I work with directly have been extremely helpful in my progress during my time here at Kinder Morgan.
Good company, difficult to be a successful employee
Manager (Former Employee), TexasMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Good Company overall
Cons: Poor work life balance, long hours, no recognition unless you are in the right circles.
A typical day at work is filled with juggling what you need to be doing against what your manager or manager's manager thinks needs to be done. We are not talking priorities rather preferences. What – more... I learned is most facilities within my group had a practical monopoly and many guaranteed contracts with customers and groups structured with no guarantees are unfairly measured the same. Management is mostly concerned with how they are perceived by their manager and not so much with operational reality. My co-workers were akin to fellow soldiers in a doomed platoon that keep attacking none the less with no assistance or reward in site. All we have is each other. The hardest part of the job was having your creativity, imagination, open mind, energy, charisma, and personality removed from your job and body which eventually wears you down until you stop using these traits only to find out your labeled a non participant because of it. The most enjoyable part of the job was identifying individual motivational triggers and placing employees in a situation that pulled those triggers and then sitting back and watching the self induced improvement around the triggered employee. To see the employee's increased involvement and positive infection on others. Also enjoyable was recognizing others needs and getting them the materials or upgrades to make their work day better. Good company, very sad. – less
Upper mgt. catered to. Working emp. second class citizens.
Corrosion Technician (Current Employee), Snyder, TXMarch 18, 2015
Pros: Not a lot
Cons: If emp. asked and is safe from scrutiny and retaliation will tell you company is messed up bad.
Prejudice when I comes to placing blame on lower echelon employees. No one in upper mgt. wants to take responsibility for mistakes made. Always placed on employees. Mgt. is no qualified to do the jobs they are assigned. The Peter Principle is eating this company up.

1 2 3 4 5

About Kinder Morgan

This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the – Read more

Kinder Morgan Salaries