Kinder Morgan

Kinder Morgan Employee Reviews

Okay pay
Pipeline Controller/Scheduler (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXJuly 20, 2015
Pros: hard to say
Cons: see review
The pay was okay. Communication, organization, and management was horrible..... Coworkers were good for the most part.
Professional caring company
gauger (Current Employee), Williston, NDJuly 20, 2015
I have enjoyed my work time here so far. I am still accessing the overall job experience. Time will tell if we are perfect fit.
Payroll is terrible
Building Tech Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 13, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: pay / hours
as a former employee I can say the payroll department is rude, unhelpful and not worried about you.
management is only worried about saving money.
I do not recommend anyone working there always working weekends, after hours and not recognized.
wharehouse
Warehouseman (Current Employee), St.Louis Mo.July 9, 2015
load an unload trucks work with others to keep up warehouse work in a timely manner to keep up production pick an stage orders drive forklift to move product around warehouse
Great envrionment
Project Safety Coordinator (Current Employee), Galena Park, TXJuly 8, 2015
Management is very supportive of the safety culture. Pay is fair and great benefits. There is only minimal advancent but the work is steady, consistant and the job security is there.
Productive Workplace
Engineer - Pipeline II (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 7, 2015
Kinder is company with good benefits and and good work environment. I enjoy working with my coworkers. I would like to see more team building activities from upper management.
A great workplace and excellent benefits
Accountant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 2, 2015
The atmosphere is great, employees are friendly and helpful. There is always a chance for advancement. The company provides lots of incentives for employees.
Great Company to work with
Utility Inspector (Former Employee), Honesdale, PAJune 24, 2015
Pros: will work with you
Cons: Not many i can speak of
Kinder Morgan is a large company and has many things and projects going but still takes time to speak with its team in or out of the field and works close with 3nd party inspections to insure the projects are completed safely and on time and under budget, so over all they are one of the best to work for in this industry.
Overall Review of Kinder Morgan
Operator (Current Employee), La Porte, TXJune 23, 2015
Pros: Salary and benefits
Cons: Micro-Managment and unorganization
KInder Morgan is a great job for financial security but it has bad management and they micromanage so much that workers feel uncomfortable.Very unorganized.
Mismanagement
Facility Operator (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Management
You will only go far here if you are family or who your drinking buddies are hard work is not awarded here,if you're not in the click you get kicked to the curb,this place is ran by idiots I have not seen a place ran like this in the 37yrs in the work force.This place needs a good House cleaning (Pier 9).
Great people to work for and have good beneifits
Chemical Operator (Former Employee), Galena Park, TXJune 19, 2015
Shift change is at 5 o clock. Dock workers discuss what happened during there shift and what needs to be down. I learned how to load and unload vessels, barges, tank cars, and railcars. Management is good. Hardest part was climbing shore tanks during inventory time and gauging each one.
Monotony is extremely boring
Loader (Current Employee), Baltimore MdJune 12, 2015
the schedule is beyond unpredictable. Regularly unsure of our schedule less than 24 hours ahead. The work is monotonous and boring. Same thing everyday
Very professional and challenging place to work
Manager IC CO2 Accounting (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJune 1, 2015
Relax environment but very clear directions from Management. Strong policy compliance. Good compensation package.
great benefits, safety focused
Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: work schedule, benefits
Cons: iving paycheck to paycheck
The bulk side of Km start your pay at 14 to 18 an hour because it's non union. They give you a pay raise as a lump sum so your pay stays the same and the check is taxed at 38% .If you know how to run – more... other pieces of heavy equipment you might make a few dollars more. Working the dupont schedule is great more family time only work like 16 days a month . Terminal management has a open door policy, Co workers really make the 12 hours go by.. if possible try your luck at the liquid side the pay starts around 21 to 23 an hour topping out at around the mid 30s I hear that. What a difference a union side makes over non union – less
Kinder Morgan
Procurement Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2015
A Great Place to Work. The culture, training, and people are like a second family working together to achieve a common goal!
Challenging but rewarding place to work on multiple levels.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee), Galena Park, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: Very good retirement program
Cons: Cant think of one
One of the best places I have ever worked. I enjoyed almost every aspect of the experience. ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Excellent company engaged in midrange Oil business transporting oil to refineries
Compliance Paralegal (Former Employee), Lakewood, COMay 20, 2015
Pros: Processes in place and easy to follow.
Cons: Management did not communicate well.
I enjoyed working at Kinder Morgan as a Compliance Paralegal. Kinder Morgan was under a Debarment Agreement that it would report environmental leaks to the EPA and NRC within ten days of the incident. – more... I tracked these events and instructed employees how to report incidents. I learned a lot about the oil industry. I enjoyed tracking the incidents, setting up the database and working with people. I was there for seven months. – less
Good environment and interesting work
Measurement Supervisor (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 16, 2015
Overall, Kinder Morgan is a stable company for which to work. Given their business model, they do not have issues with layoffs. They recognize and reward talented employees.
Kinder Operations
Houston Control Center Manager, Liquids (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 11, 2015
Kinder Morgan was a good company to work for a typical day was focus on the liquids pipeline operations. Making sure schedules were followed. When I left we had mostly new inexperienced pipeline controllers. The operations group was a good group and I enjoyed working with them.
They don't practice what they preach. Don't make upper management mad.
Clerk (Former Employee), TexasApril 30, 2015
I have learned through working a contract job on two KM projects that the upper management does not practice what they preach. If you make certain people mad then forget about ever working for any KM – more... projects.

Overall I enjoyed my time working with most folks on the projects but learned very quickly there are a lot of folks married to upper KM employees and that they have the power to blackball you from working on any KM jobsites. – less
Industry