Kinder Morgan Employee Reviews in United States

Was ran like a military bootcamp.
Ethanol Loader. (Former Employee) –  Curtis Bay, MDJuly 28, 2016
The worst job I ever had. Management at the terminal was horrible. They treated you like children most of the time. 4 employees left in 4 months. They ruled by intimidation not motivation. Human Resources was in the plant on numerous occasions because employees would call the ethics hotline to make a complaint on management. Nothing was done. Bottom line. Don't work here unless your willing to take verbal abuse on a daily basis.
Pros
There are none.
Cons
To many to list.
Long hiring process, good company benefits.
I/E controls and maintenance technician II (Former Employee) –  Helena, TXJune 10, 2016
Well, they posted a position with a requirement of living within an hour from the station so, I met requirement for that posted city. I applied, got the phone call, received email to continue the process, I had to reapply but, it was the same position in other city. long hiring process, one condition of job offer was, relocate to that city. Accepted offer. started working, I couldn't relocated within 30 days. Anyway, they let me work for almost 6 months. driving 3 hours every working day on my own time and vehicle. They and myself looked for transfer but, it was no openings at that time so, I had no option than resign. And get the job at CEC..
It was great people.
Poorest mangement team encountered in my career. No real commitment to process improvement or data management.
Senior Reservoir Engineer (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 6, 2016
Management wants "yes men". Any disagreement with management viewed as negative attitude. No commitment to process improvement - content to do things "the same old way". No attempt by company to build camaraderie - no company softball/bowling/etc. teams.
Pros
Good CO2 projects
Cons
Management, use of technology, office enviroment
Kinder Morgan is a strong company.
General Manager - Mid Atlantic Region (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 9, 2016
Kinder Morgan provided great opportunity for my family and I. I was able to excel and utilize my management skills to break terminal tonnage thruput and revenue records during my tenure. KM safety records during my tenure were well below the industry standard. TRIR below 2.0.

I separated voluntarily from Kinder Morgan and my work performance can be referenced by contacting listed KM "professional references" on my resume...both of whom I directly reported to.
Pros
Employees and Compensation
Dangerous work environment; low morale; little opportunity for future opportunity
Deck Hand (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALMay 2, 2016
Kinder Morgan is a scrap metal operation located on the Tennessee River. The company is well known in the area for its tendency to compensate workers very sufficiently for their employment. However, the position I held, deck hand on a tug boat, was incredibly dangerous. Therefore, I felt it in my best interest to terminate employment.
Pros
Compensation, Life experience
Cons
Dangerous environment, Work hours, time away from family
love this company and miss working there
Safety Admin (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 22, 2016
• Full charge processing of all training for the Source & Transportation (S and T) North and South
• Manage all expense reports
• Reconcile company credit cards
• Run STARS reports for all spills/releases/DNV analysis reports
• Weekly Reports for S and T North and South
• AP for 5 locations. Midland, Odessa, Wink, El Paso, and Snyder
• Regular interactions with Mangers for all locations
• Monday morning meetings with locations, safety issues, outstanding bills
Pros
great people to work with
busy and maintanment of facility production
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2016
I would get every operator situated on what there task is going on for the day. From what is going on in the refinery with the crane, how many cars we have to unload, to loading a bulk ship and getting paperwork started or closing on a ship. Nightshift consist of same operations, but align switches and prepare to receive inbound train for the next day. I got along well with employees and management throughout terminal and other facilities. I enjoyed coming in to work there was always something new to experience and learn from in the oil/gas industry.
Traffic Management System
.Net Architect (Current Employee) –  austin, TXMay 9, 2016
Traffic management system tracks and maintains inventory related information across Kinder Morgan Inc. terminals. Terminal managers and supervisors are key people to use this application. This application also serves to creating and maintaining admin related tasks such as adding/modifying/deleting checkpoints, assigning checkpoints to terminals, manging delay reasons and manage gang labour related information. This application serves better to the terminal managers and supervisors by replacing manual work. This application manages inventory information and keeps track of every point from vehicle (Truck, Rail or Vessel) arrive till it departs. Manager also has capability to record reason for delay of arrival or departure. SSRS reports are used to generate periodical reports.
I Loved it here!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHMarch 29, 2016
I enjoyed Kinder Morgan. Working as a Security Officer here was interesting and sometimes boring but yet never a dull moment. I enjoyed working with the crew, and along side of the huge vessels. I also enjoyed working side by side with both Boarder Control, and Homeland Security. The only problem was that the position was seasonal and part time. No benefits at all. But I couldnt ask for a better company in a nut shell. We were all family no matter what position or title you had. I miss it a lot!
Pros
Being an on call Officer, I could work when I wanted to, and it was an exciting position!
Cons
Low pay, part time hours, no benefits and SEASONAL WORK!
Its work, but if you dont care to get dirty.. Its a good job.
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJune 29, 2016
Kinder Morgan strives to be one of the safest company out there, i think very highly of that. Its a lot of hard work in extreme conditions but its a good job, great benefits and decent job security.
Pros
Great pay, set schedual, great benefits
Cons
Equipment used can be lacking luxuries such as air or heat.
Its all about the bottom line
Environmental, Health and Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 8, 2016
Upper management is not too concerned about appearance or sustainability of infrastructure. Most business units are short term gain focused while other are long term.
Pros
Several diversified business units stretching across the energy industry
Cons
Compliance is performed as quick and economically as possible
Very stressful work envinronment
Measurement Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 23, 2016
management does not do a very good job of stopping their out of line employees. Aside from that, the actual work itself is enjoyable. You are always working and upgrading flow computers to the latest technology.
Pros
Company truck you can take home
Cons
management and short lunches if any
Very fun place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAFebruary 16, 2016
On a normal day, I would either load or unload ships, barges, or trucks with chemicals that we stored in the storage tanks. I learned how important job safety is, since the chemicals I handled were very hazardous. The hardest part of the job was working many nights and very long hours. I say it was the hardest part, but it was also good money and I will work as much as I can to help support myself.
Pros
free lunch once a week
Cons
long hours, working nights and holidays
Great place to work. Trust worthy co-workers. Good pay and benefits.
Operations Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJuly 27, 2016
Trust worthy and intelligent co-workers. Work primarily at natural gas compressor station, switching gas flows and maintenance on equipment. Also work on pipeline performing one calls and sitting in on digs.
Ops SR Administrator/Payroll
OPS SR ADMINSTRATOR/PAYROLLADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJJune 2, 2016
Worked directory under the terminal manager of facility. Responsible for payroll for almost 200 employees. Dealt with vendors, new employees, HR liaison.
Pros
Great to work for
Cons
Work load is abundant when meaning wearing multiple hats.
Like most places to work there are good things and bad things
Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 28, 2016
My Terminal with employees I manage is a great place to work, the corporate politics tend to hinder the business. Safety is number one priority, however egos tend to hinder progress for a solution to resolve an issue.
Pros
employees
Cons
no comment
Safety Awareness is beyond compare
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Kinder Morgan strives to be the best with the safety culture in all aspects and operations involved. The company has put in to practice of allowing employees to stop a process/operation/job if a safety or operation concern arises without any repercussions from management. This type of structure has allowed the company to earn respect from employees due to putting them before the company.
Pros
Employee Safety is the main priority
Cons
Possible location/contractual shutdowns at all locations
Family enviroment great compensation
IT Specialist- Field Support (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2016
Environment where they work hard and play hard; very family oriented and focused on family bonding. Willing to compensate and very understanding that family comes first
Pros
great boonus and perks
Great Company
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2016
The people and culture at Kinder Morgan are really great. Everyone seems to care about you and the entire team is professional and wants to get the job done right and professionally and on time.
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
no overtime so far
Great organization to work for
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 3, 2016
Awesome professionalism, safety oriented, and a firm believer is education. Should the energy economy turn around or reverse itself, I would gladly return to work for this company.
Pros
Applies lessons learned