Kindercare Learning Centers

Two year old Learning Room
Two's Teacher (Former Employee), Green, OHMarch 26, 2015
Interacting with 7-14 two year old children
Helped meet state standards
Worked on making sure children learned basic skills
Wonderful staff
Great learning environment
a fun time with kids
care provider (Former Employee), cranberry twp pa.March 25, 2015
a well run organization, all routine based system with teaching and caring for kids. clean and fun, a great job of having the children beat interest in mind based on thier age
Busy Workplace
Assistant Director (Former Employee), Norcross, GAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: free lunch, benefits, friendships
Cons: expensive benefits, upper management, shifting schedule
I started out as a teacher and was promoted within 9 months to management. I learned a lot about working with young children and their families. The most enjoyable part is the children, their excitement is contagious and infectious. The hardest part is upper management demands and a company who ever changing how they want things.
Famil
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), East Norriton, PAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Great Administrative Staff
I loved KinderCare! A typical work day at KinderCare was very easy going and enjoyable all around the board because the communication was always at an all time high. I learned how to do a different form of lesson planning and I also learned how to prepare for national accreditation. The management was excellent from the director to the group supervisors. Th e communication was key. The hardest part of my job was getting adjusted to working with infants. The most enjoyable part of my job was the family environment. We all had one another's back when needed.
Kindercare
Teacher (Former Employee), st.charles moMarch 25, 2015
Kindercare is a higher end day care, not pre school. There management is very unprofessional and there corporate polices aim to protect there staff and not the children
Lead Teacher
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Gastonia NC 28054March 24, 2015
I am the lead teacher for the older one younger two year old classroom! I have six student. My goal is to enhance children's minds and to encourage growth!
If you love working with kids, this is the place
Teacher (Former Employee), Slidell, LAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
KinderCare is a fun place to work. The management works with you on issues that come up with the children and their parents. I learned a lot about myself working here. The only hard part about working at KinderCare is trying not to get attached to the children.
Productive and good environment
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Auburn HillsMarch 23, 2015
It has been a rewarding experience and management was great. Although there are good benefits, the pay is not worth the hassle. We earn less money than people that work at McDonalds.
I loved working with the customers
Director/ Assistant Director (Former Employee), Norman, OkMarch 23, 2015
Pros: good benefits, great schedules
Cons: not about the customers needs
I loved working with the customers and children. The company itself (Knowledge Universe) was great to work for but the individuals in charge of the region needs more training in the field they are working in.
great pay and benefits!
Discovery Preschool Teacher (Former Employee), ohioMarch 21, 2015
Kindercare is a great corporate company to work for. As far as the centers, it just depends on the director there. Everyone is not director material.
They had great kids at kinder care
Self-Trained Infant Teacher (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: half off day care
Cons: no scheduled lunch
Typical day started off feeding 8 babies cereal and some fruit or vegetable, then changing the babies every hour. After breakfast , we have to give 8 bottles before we change again and lay down for nap, they would all wake and diapers again and lunch time food preparation. Then clean up and circle time, were we sing songs, play games, or do art projects. There were daily, weekly, and monthly progress charts to fill out.As a teacher you have to provide curriculum every month. Also had to do goals sheets for each child, and create portfolios.
I learned so much.
Teacher/Health & Safety Coordinator/Trainer (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNMarch 18, 2015
The days varied, the hardest part of this job was just not knowing who would be in the room and most enjoyable moments were seeing the children everyday and receiving hugs and their day to day activities.
Rewarding job
TEACHER (Former Employee), Virginia BEach, vaMarch 11, 2015
Great job to get into the Early Childhood Education Arena. Plenty of room for advancement. Consistent daily schedules. Under the right management you can excel as a teacher and hopefully into district
short hours
Teacher (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSMarch 11, 2015
I loved working there in the beginning, then they started to drastically cut my hours and move me around the facility. I loved the children and other teachers
Busy environment requiring initiative
Lead teacher for Infant & Two Year Old (Former Employee), Reston,VAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: relationship with children
Cons: lack of support & resources from management
My day began between six or eight am and ended between three and six-thirty pm. Mornings began with breakfast, morning circle & activity. The children were taken outside before lunch and after nap time. We also provided lunch for the children and performed basic care taking needs such as changing and nurturing. Curriculum was emphasized heavily and it was expected the themes be present without the need for explanation.

I learned that teaching and care taking requires multi-tasking. In a day care or school environment you are expected to provide what the child needs as far as attention and security. I have also learned that learning begins at infancy and can be fostered through independent play and teacher guided activities.

The management was lacking in support. There was a lack of organization and completion which left questions unanswered. It created situations in which you had to use initiative and intuition to figure out how to complete a task. My co workers were sociable and knowledgeable. The high demands placed on each employee made it difficult to utilize each other for extra help.

The hardest part of my job was meeting expectations without having needed support or resources. Although things were accomplished, it was challenging having to work with so little. The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationship with the children. Early childhood is such a critical time in a child's life therefore being a part of that is extremely special.
Toddler Lead Teacher
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 9, 2015
As a lead teacher in a child care facility I learned how to manage a classroom professionally all while providing quality care for the children in my classroom. I implemented sanitation, safety, curriculum, classroom goals, and transitions, all while providing a fun and loving environment for families.
Fun and loving Environment
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: everything. a loving environment.
Properly fed and changed children's diapers Supervised children's safety and well-being Responsible for keeping classroom up to Virginia licensing standards Communicated with parents on child's daily activities and sent reports home concerning child's meals, naps, diaper changes and overall disposition Helped to enhance child's language, intellectual and emotional development and his/her large and small motor skills Lead children in various art activities and circle time Prepared children's food for lunch and snack time meals Instructed children in daily habits such as eating and washing hands Worked with children from variety of different cultures from ages 6 weeks-24 months. They helped me further my education and i got my CDA. The hardest part not having enough time in the day to explore longer in certain activities. The most enjoyable part is bonding with the children and the parents. Having a mutual understanding and respect level. My co-workers was the best. Management made us feel like a family more than anything.
THE WORK INVOLVEMENT WAS NOT THE GREATEST DUE TO THE LACK OF MANAGEMENT HELP
LEAD TEACHER (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZMarch 7, 2015
I LOVED THE STAFF BUT THE MANAGEMENT WASN'T THE GREATEST. they have a great curriculum for the children and schedule for the children from day to day activities.
Great place for learning about child development
Teacher I (Former Employee), Louisville, kyMarch 7, 2015
Pros: learning about child development
Cons: there were not proper breaks
would engage with children and staff. Create lessons plans for youth. I learned a great deal about child development, routine and consistency for youth. Everything has a place where it belongs. The management was supportive. The co-workers were not as supportive. The hardest part of the job was working with out proper breaks. The most enjoyable part was engaging with the youth.
Admin
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2015
 Welcome, assist, and greet visitor of center in a courtesy and professional manner.
 Establish a rapport with prospective clients, determines his/her needs and desires.
 Conduct tours and market center for enrollment.
 Responsible for enrollment, payment, concerns vendors, ordering of supplies, payroll, answering of phones, appointment setting, and staff management.
 Assist Georgia Pre-K and Aftercare Lead Teacher.
 Led staff to achieve performance goals and maintained the lowest turnover rates in the region

1 2 3 4 5

About Kindercare Learning Centers

Knowledge Universe Education (KUE) sees a world of opportunity in education. The company operates more 3,700 schools and child – Read more

Kindercare Learning Centers Photos