Kindercare Learning Centers

Kindercare Learning Centers Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,086 reviews matching the search
Kindercare
Teacher assistant (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, ILJuly 23, 2016
Great place to work if you love children. It is all about making a difference in their lives at such a young age. You will develop strong relationships and grow as a person. You will help children succeed and learn new things.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Can be stressful
You only do it for the children
can someone please tell me? (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 22, 2016
the job is easy and very satisfying if you love working with children and want to impact the future, however management is not supportive they are very stressed out by their managers. in the beginning everything is going to be great they will get /give you everything you need but soon you will see the truth! Money is the main concern!
I loved the kids
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJuly 21, 2016
A typical day at work is making lesson plans for the kids two weeks in advanced. Talking to parents about their child's development. Making sure to follow state and company procedures about building safety and classroom safety. The turnover rate for the daycare was high. Half the employees quit on their own. The two years I was there I had at least 3 managers come and go. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the kids because sometimes you had kids with disabilities in your classroom and they were a hand full. The most enjoyable part is being with the kids almost everyday and watching them grow and develop.
Pros
The flexibility
Cons
The turnover rate
Great Place to work !
Infant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJuly 19, 2016
A typical day includes interacting with children and caring for their needs. Management is really nice and they seem to work with you through out the day. I have learned that if you do your job the right way and follow the laws that you will not have any issues. Co workers are really nice, they smile and help you out alot. The hardest part is leaving the kids for the day because you become so attached or when a child moves and leaves the school who you became very close to. The most enjoyable part of the job is how the staff celebrates the employees birthday , they buy you a cake and everyone chips in for a really cool gift which is nice and recognizing.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no break room
Working with chidren was great.
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 17, 2016
I was a teachers aide. Helping out with the children from 0 months to 12 years of age. I had the babies first thing in the morning and work my way around the center and would end with the after school kids. Having to change pampers and feed kids.
Pros
Working with children.
Cons
Too many young girls working there.
Incredibly unprofessional
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 16, 2016
The amount of favoritism is outrageous. The kids needs are not taken care of. The parents are not notified if the kids are sick or hurt. I have witnessed employees try to hide their phones and use them when the management is not around which results to kids unsupervised and getting hurt. There is no respect and employees are frequently ignored by management and not given BATHROOM BREAKS.
I would highly recommend finding somewhere else to work because working for this facility was a huge waste of my time and money.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
understaffed, unprofessional
Children were always the light of my day, management wasn't the best
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 13, 2016
I love working with children, it has been the best job I've had so far! Management could not hold it together, went through 4 directors in less than 1 year.
Pros
children and teachers
Cons
management and pay
Adorable children, Tons of patience
Lead Teacher/Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAJuly 12, 2016
Tons of self responsibility. You really have to take care of everything on your own and figure things out on you're on. The children help with your mood with the funny, curious things they say.
Pros
The children help your mood and also help with your level of patience.
Cons
Standing on your feet tons
active , caring and clean place
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 12, 2016
my days at work were very great , the kids loved when I stepped inside. I learned how to deal with children and how to cooperate with parents in bad situations. my co-workers were very nice and took their time with me and made sure everything was understandable. The hardest part was getting the kids to stop crying , since I was new I still had to build a relationship with some of the children so it was hard to cooperate with some of them. the part I liked the most was just being able to understand some of the kids and being able to have some of them play with me and just relate too. the kids were very active which is something I really enjoyed because it gave me something to do.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks
Love kids
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJuly 12, 2016
I would care for toddlers. My helper spent most of her time in the infant room with her baby so I was on my own. The parents were great about their daily report.
Pros
Loved the kids
Cons
Co worker that would not help in the room
exciting to teach kids and help them achieve a goal
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJuly 11, 2016
depending on what age group you work with their will be different challenges. but all age groups as a teacher want to help achieve a goal, rather if its teaching a baby to walk or a 5 year to tie its shoe. giving those children the confidence is exciting. their are some days when management gives you to much stress not only being a teacher but doing other work that takes away time from actually being a teacher
Pros
training and award ceremony's
Cons
sometimes can be under staff
Umm!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INJuly 11, 2016
Managment is stressed half the time
staff overturn is really bad
very understaffed
mangement will give cold shoulder is mad
parents and students are the bed!
Good for first job
Mobile Infant Lead (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MI 48336July 10, 2016
This job is very up in the air with low staff. This job is great for someone looking to start a new job. It gives you experience but DO NOT plan on working there for ever. It is a family own restaurant with no BREAKS. VERY floppy business

Kindercare
School Age Teacher (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXJuly 10, 2016
Kindercare learning center is a great job for people who love and enjoy children and enjoy teaching children things they do not know and being able to understand what they say to you and being patient with them and watch what they do and show them what is right from wrong
Being a Second mother to 106 kids.
Head Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 7, 2016
When I would come in to work I would immediately get to the daily routine. I was in the infant room that was filled with about 11 small babies. There was never a slow moment. Diapers would have to be changed every hour because there were so many children to tend to. My jobs was to be a mother of 11 for 8 hours. I learned different ways to handle parents that were first timers to child care. I learned how to fill out paperwork for accidents, learned to make lesson plans for children that really couldn't do much on there own. The director I worked under I absolutely loved her! She was amazing she was always there for me, she never made work feel like work. She would jump into any child care room when needed. In the infant room I had a co-teacher. She was like my best friend we had our own system we worked together as one. The one draw back from the job was working a 8 hour shift of children that were between the ages of 6 weeks and 10 months. It was the hardest for me to handle at times because I'm a mother of 2 small children, there was never much down time. Overall I loved my job the children at the center became my children, I would be emotional when a child took there first steps, move to another class because they aged out, first day of school. I loved it all! I got to watch so many small life's grow and change within a matter of a year. That by far would supersede any job I have ever had.
Pros
Playing at work all day, making lesson plans, taking class trips
Cons
Low Pay
Productive environment
Lead Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chamblee, GAJuly 6, 2016
Many chances to learn and grow in this environment, they paid for you to go to school Friendly environment with strong emphases placed on education.
Enjoyable work environment
Representative (Current Employee) –  Harbor Beach, FLJuly 5, 2016
I have enjoyed working for Kindercare Learning Centers. The normal day is challenging but full of life learning experiences and memories. Everyday brings new adventures and challenges and I am happy to meet with the parents and provide them with security.
Great kids and great colleagues
Pre-Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 30, 2016
I loved the ladies I worked with, they were nice, caring, and made me laugh everyday! They welcomed me right in the day I was hired. My only problem is some of these ladies treated the kids, too much, as if they were their own. I didn't agree with the way some treated the children and lunch/activities were unorganized and chaotic.
Productive work environment
Pre-K Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lilburn, GAJune 29, 2016
Great! The company is a awesome place to be if you would like job security. This company has some very brilliant directors on board in certain centers.You will love it.
Assistant Discovery Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 29, 2016
Great place to work and get your foot in the door at childcare centers. I miss working there. The bonds with workers you form are awesome,.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindercare Learning Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Kindercare Learning Centers Reviews by Location