KINDNESS ANIMAL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Kindness is not the word.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLMay 17, 2016
Staff is friendly and mostly knowledgeable. Turn over rate is extremely high for both Veterinarians and support staff. Many of us were told by the owner, " any single one of you are replaceable."
Best Place ever
Kennel Room Cleaner/ Vet Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ossipee, NHSeptember 24, 2014
My days always started with greeting all the animals that were there for check-ups or surgeries. Many of the employees even brought their own pets in to hang out. I learned loads about different types of animals. I can even run blood and urine tests and take and develop x-rays. I had known my boss since I was a kid, he is the vet for my own pets and that of my parents. Both he and all the other employees are fun and energetic, all in all a great bunch to work with. The only part that took a while for me to get over was during surgeries, I fainted once. But being around such great people and a wide assortment of pets coming through the door makes the job totally worth it.
Pros
cool pets to see and meet
Cons
if weak stomach, blood
exciting and great experience
Kennel assistant (Former Employee) –  2130 University Blvd W, 13, MD 20902November 12, 2013
Working at Kindness provided a nurturing work environment. I was taught how to properly handle an animal, draw blood and how to identify abnormal symptoms and behaviors. The other kennel assistance, vet technicians and veterinarians help keep an open stress free environment. I got the most enjoyment from assisting vets with patients and observing the inside workings of an animals hospital.
Extremley tense atmosphere
Office Manager/ Veterinarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durango, CoMay 7, 2013
A normal day would start off by opening the office an turning all machines on, checking phone for messages an then returning the critiacal ones at that time if needed, then look at schedule book an go to the kennel room an set the cages up accordingly. After that I would set up surgery room to the days schudled events an wait for the firts clents to show up. Call the Dr over from her house to start the day, then start surgies when all patients had arrived, while answering phone calls an taking care of front office needs simataniously. I would assist the Dr. with all surgies an was in charge of clean up an sterilzation after. The Dr would leave after three hours of work to attend personal schedule in town while we cleaned, monatared patients after surgery, answered phone calls, scheduled appointments, sent patient reminders an called on critical patients progress, also followed up with owners on previous surgery patients an note the progress on computer an paper files, filing, making copies, general office work , as well as training any new employees if there are any at that time.
Co workers were easy to get along with for the fact there are only two to three employed at a time due to the Dr schedule.
Managment was disfuctional an changed rules an regs on a regular basis. No incentives at all, no paid vacation, no sick leave, no health or dental benifits, no paid holidays.
Hardest part of job was working with the Dr who has a brain injury an so has constant short term memory loss, an can't remember her own rules an polices in the office.
Most enjoyable part of the job was helping
  more... the animals an making there owners feel confedent in leaving their pets in our care. Saving a animals life was very rewarding, or even fixing issues that weren't so life threating.  less
Pros
nothing
Cons
no bennifits, bounuses, sick leave, or vacation, no paid holidays.
Private animal hospital
Kennel Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 9, 2013
Kennel Technician. Did bathing and grooming of dogs and cats. Cleaned exam rooms and front lobby. Cleaned all kennels.
Busy workplace with plenty of things to keep you busy.
Kennel Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Corak, flMarch 4, 2012
Home Depot is a great place to work, especially for someone like me who loves to stay busy and do something different everyday.

2.8