Kindred at Home Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and respectful place to work.
Hospice Specialist Account Liaision (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 12, 2016
Marketing hospice services to physicians and staff for patients with a terminal illness. Responsible for developing new referral accounts and maintaining current accounts with 100% customer service.Providing clinical assessments for patients to meet hospice criteria prior to admission. The marketing team worked together to support each other in daily activities. Support and education on the corporate level was available to employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping patients in need of end of life care. I would rate this company as a 4 star.
Pros
Respectful and supportive place to work.
Critical Culture Change with acquisition of Gentiva
Area Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 9, 2016
The company became Gentiva. They had a plan developed prior acquisition. My partner and I were never granted access to the new system to Lead our territory.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Culture and Philosophy change
Good company to work for if you dont mind constant conference calls
SENIOR HOMECARE (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 8, 2015
Company provides extense trainings for sales staff, good pay and benefits. Really enjoyed the variety on the workflow on a daily basis.
Pros
Lots of training
Cons
Management not organized
Kindred at Home
Talent Acquisition Manager, CA, NV, CO, AZ (Former Employee) –  Oakley, CAJanuary 23, 2016
Great company to work for, lots of resources and growth potential. Strong Management team, open to ideas, flexible hours, promotes team efforts.
Regional is not qualified
account manager (Former Employee) –  athens. TexasSeptember 15, 2015
starting working as marketer in a very hard territory and dealing with bad reputation. Doctors told me straight out they would not. Refer to Integra Care. Regional didn't train me and didn't care and didn't give me enough time to break down barriers. Sent me to Atlanta was a waste of time since they let me go right after. IT issues were crazy. So much confusion and no support from office. They treat people horribly. Leadership for that region is bad. She had no business in that position. Not effective. Didn't care dint even try to listen. Good marketers don't make good regional at all.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
leadership. IT, support
Nice place to work
CNA-caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CADecember 3, 2015
Fun place with supportive management.The office started to ged crowded as the company grew and it was more difficult to get to know the new people.There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from taking patients to appointments, etc.
Pros
great schedule
Cons
Lack of communication
Generous Company
Senior Billing Specialist & Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 2, 2016
Fantastic company.
Very generous in their bonus and incentive plans.
Great group of people.
Highly recommend.
CBO in Grapevine best place to work
Pros
Bonus/ Incentives
Great Opportunities!
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Gahanna, OHJuly 7, 2016
Kindred at Home has given me a wonderful opportunity to expand my skills and learn new aspects of the healthcare industry.
Helping pt. with daily needs
LPN After Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 14, 2016
I contacted pt. post discharge 30 60 and 90 days. evaluated quality of care and need of further care. If need presents I work hand in hand with AM and MD to obtain further orders. I follow up daily with MD and AM on status of orders and update PT. I obtain on an average of 60-90 admits monthly.
Pros
I loved helping my pt. when they don't know it exists
Cons
having a hard time obtaining orders at times and the pt. is in need
Very large healthcare company in the country
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gahanna, OHSeptember 23, 2015
Kindred is a very large company with many divisions. It's a good place to get your foot in the door, like I had the opportunity to. Lots of positions to move up and grow.
Pros
Supportive Management
Cons
Pay freeze
Pca
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAJanuary 25, 2016
Bathed patients, prepared breakfast and lunch, light house cleaning, keeping patient company. I learned how to be helpful to those who were in need of someone. I worked from their homes so I didn't really see any of my coworkers.
Stressful poor communication from Corporate leaders
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ruston LAOctober 21, 2015
This was the most unorganized company I have ever seen. Enjoyed working along side my colleagues but overall Steer clear.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
corporate managers
Company promotes medicare fraud
Rn (Former Employee) –  Lake charles laSeptember 10, 2015
Regardless of your assessment the corporate "coders' will adjust the assessment to another acuity level in order to get more money even if the level charted is an outright lie. Question the changes and you are told to just accept the changes or to use "creative charting"
Pros
Not hospital hours
Cons
Unorganised, little support, terrible training
If you love autonomy and hard work this is the place for you
LPN HOME HEALTH (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAAugust 9, 2015
If you like to be independent and self motivated this is a great job. Requires a lot of hard work you will be required to work weekends and oncall
Pros
AUTONOMY
Cons
HARD WORK ON CALL AND WEEKENDS
Home care/ Lying HomeCare aide
PCW Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Denver, CoOctober 18, 2014
I worked in HomeCare PCW, I was lied to by a women name Cimone. I applied for the CNA position ended up doing HomeCare as PCW so my pay was only $10.00 a hour. No time in a half, no holiday pay, no over time. Just straight pay. Private duty over worked under paid. Never had my back when ever their were conflicts. All about the money and the clients, expected you to travel all over colorado . Racking up mileage on your car, burning gas. Horrible, if I needed a day off, it was hard to staff, so if they did not find anyone that's on you. Don't do it. Did CNA work, but pay you like a house keeper. I was overly qualified for the work they expected you to do.
Pros
guaranteed work/ that's if you don't mind traveling to get to it.
Cons
underpaid cna/housekeeper duties.
Don't recommend this company. Cannot get paid for hours worked.
RN Case Manager PRN (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 1, 2015
Worked on Jan 7 as a PRN RN and still have not been paid for the work. Have been told several times that the company is looking into this, but it has been almost 2 months now. Have tried calling corporate office. Still waiting on answer
Diversed and pleasant place to work
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 13, 2014
love what I do, going t different clients to engage in conversation, and getting to know my clients past and future. Getting up everyday is a joy for me because I have a job where I can make a difference in someone's life and they make a difference in mine. Learning everyday something about myself as a person and where I want to be. what is difficult for me is seeing someone sick or in pain.
Unstable work environment
worker (Former Employee) –  denver coMarch 6, 2015
High turn over in staff due to unstable work environment. Bottom line only matters with this company, employees are not valued. If you are looking for a short term commitment you would be a good fit.
Growing Company
OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CAOctober 24, 2014
This company is constantly growing and changing, sometimes that can be difficult for everyone to keep up with. The growth does provide a lot of opportunites though.
clpn
clpn (Former Employee) –  bedfordSeptember 7, 2014
I was staff (outside) who refereed to office personnel ,it houses the mean girls club.no mileage is supplied nor time between calls. wage appears grand till day is done and hrs. spent and travel equal 12.00 dollars hrly. assignments are made but pt. are shown no respect ,during interview ask how many personnel were lost since the last don was hired .home office staff sent heads the mean girls club.

2.9