Kindred Healthcare

Kindred Healthcare United States Employee Reviews

Not the greatesst place to work
CNA (Former Employee), Fall River, MAApril 20, 2015
When I got hurt, they didn't help me out too much. When I was ready for light duty, they gave me duties that I couldn't do. So I had to go on unpaid leave.
Warm And friendly work place
CNA/PCT (Former Employee), Chicago CentralApril 17, 2015
Pros: Provide Customer Sercive, Quailty patient care
 Provide patient care such as bathing, dressing, toileting, feeding
 Competent in collecting, measuring and recording of liquid output
 Assists in care of patient/client with external or internal urinary catheters; nasogastric tubes; intravenous tubes and oxygen therapy
 Administer various types of enemas and laxative suppositories
 Apply non-medical topical ointments to intact skin surfaces
 Apply non-sterile dry dressings and bandages
career advancement
Rehab manager (Former Employee), NCApril 15, 2015
although a contract company, they had a very "inside" persona, productivity was a definite focus for the treating therapists they allowed the managers to manage and have a full relationship with the building and the corporation.
Exceptional learning facility.
RN, Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 15, 2015
Pros: Great environment to advance experiences in nurse practice.
Cons: Intervals for evaluations.
Assignment of 4-6 patients, complete or assisted nursing care, including but not limited to; admission, transfer, discharge, physical examination.
Medication and blood products administration,wound care and emotional support. Interaction with family members, doctors and other disciplinaries.Worked acute care and step-down. I learned to work with VAD, and transplant patients and patients on vents.
Mentored new RN grads, L.P.Ns and Nursing Assistants. performed numerous tasks with other team-members.
The hardest part was saying goodbye to patients who did not make it. Most enjoyable part was discharging a patient home.
Good Pay
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Needs a few updates
This hospital pays well. The staff is nice, easy to work with. Flexible with hours. No issues with management, do your job and you'll be fine.
It was ok
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 11, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: cut hours then closed
This company closed the office in our city and did not help to relocate the employees. While working with this company they tried to keep the atmosphere happy while we were closing.
They gave us a turkey at the holiday time.
Great environment
Certified Nursing Assistant II (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 8, 2015
Competitive salary. Team oriented environment. Position advancement. An array of patients with various medical illness. Nursing skill utilized. Updated equipment.
Cleveland Clinic not all what it seems
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 7, 2015
Pros: their technology
Cons: paying for parking, have to have a certain weight or you get taxed
Worked there for 4 years. CCF is the lowest paid for nurses. You gain tons of experience but it is a physicians hospital,, . The doctors are arrogant and mean. They do not lay off bedside nurses which is good a little more job security than most hospitals, but you do have to be fit or pay higher premiums for insurance.. Best advice.. get experience then get out
the management mostly un trust worthy watch your back
CRMA (Former Employee), Cape Elizabeth, or Scarborough, MaineApril 7, 2015
Pros: Most staff are Great
Cons: Scarey Management, and poor company.
The floor staff is great! But the company has poor benefits, no raises worth anything, like maybe .17 cents per hour. Head nurse may give you a difficult time. She has questionable behavior towards doing things correctly. Also some staff get away with stuff (and aren't talked to) a lot has to do with the care of residents. It's amazing how dedicated most of the staff is. They really care and take good care of the residents. But most residents are unhappy with some of the nurses, and management. The director will be nice to your face and turn around and stab you in the back. Like I said most CRMA's,CNA's, and PSS's some nurses are great. Beware of management and the company Kindred!
Nice place to work
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Lima, OhioApril 7, 2015
Pros: working 3 days a week, 3 weekends off
Cons: long shifts
It's s nice place to work. Nursing staff full time is only 3 12 hour shifts per week and you only have to work every fourth weekend.
Good Environment with great staff.
ICU RN (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 6, 2015
A typical day of work consist of long hours and a great staff . Its a very good place to work . I myself especially enjoying to work with co - workers due to unity & manageable to work with different patients .
Rehabilitation Technician
Administrative Assistant/Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee), Jamaica Plain, MAApril 6, 2015
My favorite part of this job was working with people. I love making people smile and making them feel comfortable in uncomfortable atmospheres.

As a Rehabilitation Technician, I typically was the first point of contact for the patient before they came down to the rehab gym. The point of the patients attendance in a SNF is to get healthier/stronger and go back to their homes. I was able to assist in that situation which made my job extremely rewarding.
A good stepping stone
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Havertown, PAApril 4, 2015
Pros: Teaching Job
Cons: bad benefits
A typical day consists of cleaning up the horrid mess left by dayshift
I learned to improve my people skills
Management is ok
My Co-workers are the best
The hardest part is dealing with consist mess left by dayshift
The most enjoyable part is taking care of the patients
Required to be on your toes and focused
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 2, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule
Cons: Change in productivity requirements.
There were no typical days. I learned about the versatility that is required to work in long term acute care settings. Management for the most part were quick to listen and act. Co-workers were awesome. The most difficult part of the job was juggling the Rehab schedule with all the other disciplines. It always seemed to work out though. Working on an interdisciplinary team that were all on the same page regarding patient care/outcome.
LONG term acute care
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 2, 2015
High acuity with multiple co-morbidities, difficult family dynamics, for profit hospital. High patient ratio with minimal staff, employee longevity
Radiology
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 31, 2015
I work as a PRN/on call tech. It's an rehab care hospital.. I don't work with any co-workers. I work alone, the job is fine looking for something full-time.
Resonable
Program Director, Rehabcare (Current Employee), MassachusettsMarch 31, 2015
A typical large company with the benefits, and problems, common to most. Not outstanding - but not atrocious. Worth the effort, as long as you are comfortable working with an organization of this size.
challenging but rewarding at the same time
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: staff compensation, free food
Cons: short breaks, very busy
A normal day at work is a day without new patients. I learned that I should be patient and attentive. Management is not consistent there are too many changes. Co-workers are good with teamwork. The hardest part of the job is during code: Blue. The most enjoyable part of the job is staff recognition and compensation by patient, ,patient family, and administration.
I wouldn't recommend working here
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 30, 2015
There were multiple times over the course of employment (3 years) that I felt that my RT license could be in jeopardy. RT Manager would not stick up for RT.
new employee
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Dyer, IndianaMarch 28, 2015
Pros: awsome orientation and introduction period
Cons: the pay
I have been trying to work for this company for a long time, and just recently was call for an position as a LPN charge nurse. And the orientation process was everything I was expecting it to be. It was the most informational orientation i've had since I was hired to work for Advocate Healthcare Systems, earlier in my career when LPN were utilized in Acute Care Hospitals. I was very pleased with the introduction process, the background checks and etc. It gave me hope that there are still companies out here that care about who they hire and the safety of the residents and patients they care for.

The Educator who taught the orientation class was amazing, she knew everything there was to know about the company, their mistakes and their currections, she inspired me and gave me hope, that their are healthcare companies out here that truely care about both the employees they hire and the residents. They feed us for the entire time we was in orientation, and she (the educator), didn't play with you, for example, if you had an appointment, or was late, you had to attend the next orientation. She was serious about us learning everything we needed to know about this company, before hitting the floors to take care of the residents.

I felt appreciated and wanted, and it made me very emotional, because i was seriuosly thinking of changing my career. Thanks to Kindred Transitional of Dyer for showing me their is hope, compassion, and dedication in long-term care. I feel ready to due what i love, care for people.

I plan on workig for this company for a long time, I feel I have found my place, to do what I love, and to grow.

1 2 3 4 5

About Kindred Healthcare

The word "kindred" has many meanings, including allied, similar and family. We believe the name reflects our business – Read more

Kindred Healthcare Salaries

Registered Nurse
$28.50 per hour

Kindred Healthcare Photos

William K. Schifferli
Our mission to helping others without discrimination. And much Love TLC :-)
Our "A" team.  I am in the bright blue scrubs.