Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 1,139 reviews matching the search
high turnover, dont trust anyone!
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  kindred centralFebruary 7, 2016
You will always be understaffed and continue to have a full patient load and they will continue to accept admissions. worked there for 18 months, sewage flooded first floor twice, sewage smell in icu. there were also three fires, two nurses fired for stealing drugs. no hospital security, so night shift your on your own. Reports of RN's sleeping on the job go unrectified, even though we have several pictures of them sleeping, they promoted one to nightshift charge nurse!!!
Pros
paychecks dont bounce
Cons
you could loose your license
I learned a lot working at Kindred
Certified Nurse Aid/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 7, 2016
You worked from 6am to 6pm.Same hours every shift so you knew your hours.Good insurance,There was room for advancement I went from just CNA work to doing also Phlebotomy.Id have to give it an excellent rating.
Pros
Used my Phlebotomy, good hours, Nurses were awsome
Cons
We were short handed so it was tough getting all the bed baths done.
High turn over in staffing
Wound Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJFebruary 6, 2016
My experience, I was there for one year without a proper orientation, no support from management , short staffing, horrible working environment, everyone was stressed out, and over worked.
Pros
nursing co-workers were wonderful, hardworking
Cons
poor management
Worked with alzheimer and dementia patients.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAFebruary 5, 2016
Worked with alzheimer and dementia patients. I also worked in the kitchen as a dietary aide and helped provide food for the residents. I was an Activity Assistant as well, where I helped the residents enjoy their day.
Enjoyable
Student (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 5, 2016
Be there very early around 4am. Prepare your cart for your rounds. Obtain the patient list and the type of blood test needed to be drawn. Obtain the blood from patients. Label the blood specimen. Take the specimen to the lab in a timely manner. Centrifuge or Aliquot the specimen. Process the specimens into the computerized system. Loved the Laboratory Staff. They made me feel like family. Would definitely love doing this again.
Pros
Making money
Cons
having to get up very early to do this kind of job
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2016
This is a good place to work. Everyone for the most part gets a long great and works together. There is room for improvement however on all levels. Good place for medical heath.
Good company to work for.
Floor Nurse, LPN (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Good company to work for. Nice group of nurses. Good support staff. Good hours. Good benefits. This is a post acute setting that requires critical thinking skills.
Tough business
Program Manager IS PMO (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 31, 2016
The post acute care business is a very tough business. Most of the revenues come from Medicare and Medicaid which are highly regulated. It seems that every year brings new challenges due to reimbursement rate changes. Normal less than more.
Not a good place to work at all...
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  dillon.mtJanuary 30, 2016
always understaffed, under appreciated, give write ups like they go out of style. no structure in management, management will lie straight to your face, bottom line they will throw you under the bus, just to cover their butts, even if you didn't do anything wrong.
Pros
no pros
Cons
management, write you up for every little thing, really bad pay for the work you do, unapprieciated.
Kindred Healthcare
PAYROLL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 29, 2016
A typical day goes fast pace, my co-workers are wonderful. The hardest part about the job is delegating the work. I loved my job because I knew the payroll system like the back of my hand. I could not make the overall review higher because the site would not let me.

Want to know more about Kindred Healthcare?

Ask a question
ok
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAJanuary 27, 2016
Great staff but no cohesiveness teamwork between nurses and unit managers. Good benefits. Way too much unnecessary paperwork/documentation.
Kindred Healthcare.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Havertown, PAJanuary 27, 2016
I really enjoy working with this group. Very classy and they care for their patients as well as their employees. I really enjoy meeting all of the new people be it physicians, patients, family members or new employees. Kindred is the place to be.
Very fast paced & productive.
Patient account clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2016
I stay busy all day, which I love. I know what needs to be done and won't leave until it has been completed. I like that I am able to work at my own pace.
Pros
the Benefits they offer us & the people I work with.
Cons
no cons
Very nice place to work, residents are amazing, but the management is a little off
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kaukauna, WIJanuary 25, 2016
serve dinner, clean dishes, play an activity with the residents, get residents ready for bed, give out medications before and during dinner, and again before bed, also showered residents if needed and cleaned the rooms and did laundry. management changed halfway through my time working there and the new RD didn't really know what she was doing, we knew more than she did. she fired people because she wanted a new set off staff so she wouldn't feel compared to the old one. played favorites. co workers were amazing except a few, i and other staff reported abuse and neglect and nothing happened and the once that we reported got promoted but still abused and neglected a bed bound resident they had there.
Pros
fun atmosphere, became friends with a lot of my coworkers, we were like a small family
Cons
couldn't take a break third shift, only one person on third shift, i felt that was unsafe, bad for those nights a bunch of call lights went off, management
very productive and fun place to work
Billing and Collection Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2016
I enjoy the place. the people the management , and my co-workers. they have so many different things to help there staff.
Fast paced evnironment with dedicated personnel
District Director of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 23, 2016
Solid company agile to adapt to market changes. Very hard working dedicated employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that patients are being connected with excellent care for a multitude of complex medical issues.
Pros
Company with vision and agility
Cons
No 401K matching, benefits somewhat limited
great place to work
Resident Assistant specialist (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIJanuary 22, 2016
Currently the RD is easy to work with. This is a rewarding job. The biggest down fall is finding staff members who are willing to work hard and consistently.
Pros
feeling good about helping another person
Cons
work weekends and holidays
Hardest part of the job.
Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Christiana/New Castle county , DelawareJanuary 19, 2016
Loved the job with Kindred, however,the facilities were to far from my assigned hospital. Families were not willing to travel from Newark, Delaware to any part of Philadelphia, Pa.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
To far for patients family to travel
Rewarding
Student Liaison (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, OHJanuary 18, 2016
Rewarding experience offered to me as a result of positive feedback from fellow staff and patients
I found working with students made an even better COTA (reviewing the fundamentals each day)
great work environment
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 15, 2016
Great place to work. Very fast paced and lots of activity. Team work is a priority. It is an excellent place to learn and gain experience especially for new graduates.