Kindred Healthcare

1.0K reviews

Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews

Fast paced, supportive Environment
Charge Nurse/ RN Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Concord, CAAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Lots of experience and skills
Cons: High patient care load
Kindred Bayberry is a great place to start as a new graduate nurse. I have gained many new skills and have gained the more knowledge and confidence in my nursing abilities. I have learned so much and feel I am ready to start in an acute care setting.
A valued member of the nursing staff
RN BSN Wound Care Clinician (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 30, 2015
Pros: There is Fun Fridays every Friday. There is funnal cake, ice-cream, or cakes.
Cons: I have not experience anything negative so far, knock on wood.
The patient to nurses ratio is workable. Management is approachable and fair. If you are looking for a work family then this is the place to be.
large corporation
Department Manager (Current Employee), CAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: due to favoritism, some unsafe co-workers
Great potential to be a great healthcare company. Currently with too much difference between facilities. Local administration will tell you to do follow policies that are clearly against corporate guidelines. Alot of favoritism. Open door policy yet if used, then your supervisor is told and you learn, the hard way, to keep your mouth shut. Generally well run but be careful and don't try too hard to play by the corporate rules.
Challenging
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Learning opportunities abound
Cons: Hard to get and keep staff. Always shorthanded.
Kindred requires everything you have all the time. The patients are very ill and brittle. We run from the minute we hit the floor to the minute we leave.
Needs Improvements
LVN (Former Employee), Gardena, CAAugust 27, 2015
Needs improvement. Administration constantly changing. Facility just got union voted in so hopefully new changes coming for the better.
N/A
Admissions Coordinator/Sales and Marketing (Current Employee), Bay Area, CaAugust 27, 2015
Pros: helping families
Cons: stressful work environment
This job is extremely stressful, there is alot pressure but it is also rewarding if you have heart for patients and families. Sharing neccessary information with those who can use it the most.
Productive and fun place to work
HR Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 27, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Productive and a fun workplace
Area Business Office Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 26, 2015
Great organization with committed management in place. Co-workers were easy to get along with. Challenging and exciting work opportunities.
very people friendly
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 25, 2015
Pros: 12 hour shifts
Cons: not enough backup help for nurses
has great potential with proper leadership and goal minded individuals.
employees need polishing, more leadership with medical background is needed
nurses need a go to or rescue person during shift
Kindred is challenging and educational.
Care Partner / Cook (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 23, 2015
Pros: This could be a university.
Cons: Could be a little cleaner.. I would like to cook!
One cant help but learn new skills and experiences when working at Kindred Health Care, our patients required specialized care. Trechs, Foleys etc.
Productive and focus in helping the clients make a good transitions to their Home
Home Senior Home Care (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 23, 2015
This company help clients transition from the hospital to their home by providing hospital quality care. I am a part of a growing filed in Home care. It is so rewarding to help clients gain their independence back in the course of 60 days.
Routine day is never routine
Executive Director (Current Employee), Mayfield, KYAugust 21, 2015
Kindred is a great company, but ready to explore my options. I have been with the company since 2008. I am very happy, but willing and hoping to relocate to the West.
Review, bill and collect for multiple customer accounts. Worked with knowledgable team of billing professionals. Team members willing to assist.
Biller/ Collector (Former Employee), La Mirada, CAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Regular staff meetings with CEO and Department Director and Managers. Excellent Benefit package.
Cons: Crunch time during month end, heavy caseload and collection volume.
Excellent Administrative staff and Central Billing Dept.
Provided continued on-job training for necessary billing programs.
Open door policy with department director and managers.
Flexible management team worked with staff to adjustment schedules as needed and to offer suggestions to reduce overtime.
good working environment
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee), Baldwin CAAugust 20, 2015
Fun workplace with a very supportive management. High caliber mentors and friendly colleagues. The most enjoyable part is that i was working alongside with my coworkers.
pretty structured and enjoyable people to work with
PD Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Perris, CAAugust 18, 2015
Cart fill and med delivery to Patients rooms.
the hardest part of the job they had one small hood to work in and many TPN and antibiotics to mix very small clean room that was not up to code.
Needs Imporvement
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Corydon, INAugust 18, 2015
Pros: clean, great experience
Cons: under staffed
I had a great experience working here, but towards the end we were very under staffed. Good coworkers, good residents, but too stressful.
hospital CNA
Caregiver (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 18, 2015
At this hospital I learned the most. I worked with vents, wound vac's and I helped the nurses with sterile fields when they had to change dressings on certain IV lines as well as draw blood when needed.
Good working environment and team work
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 18, 2015
Always an opportunity to learn and has a lot of versatility in daily responsibilities. It is a pleasant work environment and very supportive.
Great Company to work for
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 17, 2015
Pros: CFO worked out of state, friendly environment, bonus, great health insurance
Cons: Company relocated
The company was very structured and the CFO was very down to earth. Even though our unit was small and located inside of the Regional Medical Center, the employees were always nice and easy to get along with.
Productive work place
Respiratory Therapist Student (Former Employee), Baldwin Park, CAAugust 13, 2015
All medical personnel is very professional. They provided safe and effective care in respiratory therapy in the pediatrics unit, ER, medical surgical units and adult ICU.
Headquarters