Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,204 reviews matching the search
Conflict in management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INMay 29, 2016
There is no teamwork. Employees run the place with no real guidelines enforced by management. It's a very difficult place to work with no proper structure.
Pros
Come and go as you please.
Cons
They promise things and don't stand behind their word
Good Learning Experience
Ct. Director of Staff Development/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 25, 2016
I worked as a Director of Staff Development in Oakland, California and was asked to transfer to Stamford, Connecticut to "clean house" because the Connecticut facility was in trouble with the State.

My Executive Director highly recommend me for the job and I did not mind relocating because my Facility was very stable and my staff members were very competent.

I decided to remain in Connecticut because my entire family lives out here.

I managed 97 employees at the Oakland facility and in Stamford 70.

Kindred was the kind of employer that gave you an opportunity to grow within the company. They offered a lot of support as far as education goes.
Pros
Opportunity to Grow in Company
Loved this job
RN Float Nurse in Med/ Surg & ICU (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40204May 25, 2016
I worked prn 8-10 days per month. It was great to have a flexible schedule. Patient load was heavy at times but we all pitched in and it got done. I floated to many areas which added a variety to the work.
Pros
Great people to work with. Flexible schedule.
Cons
Had to quit when pregnant and on bed rest r/t pre-eclampsia.
Typical work day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMay 24, 2016
I would work the register at times, clean my zone of the store that assigned to me at the beginning of my shift, help customers when needed, and stocked for a little bit.
LOW employee retention
Staff Respiratory therapist, ICU (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 24, 2016
Peers and other staff are great, senior management not effective , cut clinical staff and increase administrative staff , freeze in 401k, benefits, tuition reimbursement, cost of living increase, and horrible at employee retention.
Pros
peers, other staff
Cons
management, benifits, 401k, cost of living increases, employee retention
in the scale of 1-10 , I grade 5
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rossmoor ,walnut CreekMay 24, 2016
busy

nothing to learned

Good management

no teamwork

some Nurses are lazy

when you give your very Patients for the patients.
Pros
when you work double shift free meal .
Cons
nurses not answering call light .
Kindred review
Data Processor/Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 23, 2016
This is a nice small hospital dedicated to helping and healing patients with respiratory and wound care medically complex diagnoses.
Pros
family atmosphere
benefits
enjoyable
Business Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAMay 23, 2016
Job is fast paced and very detailed. Always busy. Interaction with the residents is a plus. Training can be improved but overall a great company
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 19, 2016
Nice place to work. On a normal day I would come in with a positive attitude and get my assigned cleaning duties done before my shift ends.
Last Option
Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2016
No Comment. Let my silence speak the loudest. If you have to pay your bills, know that is what it is and continue to look for something better.
Communication needs improvement
Payroll Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 14, 2016
Most mid level or higher managers do not communicate with their employees. Several times a day I find out there is important information I did not receive to be able to do my job. When I email someone at the district or regional level I don't get a reply. Same if I call and leave a message. I feel disrespected and unimportant. I have been told by immediate supervisor to contact these people but I have never received a reply to requests.
Pros
I have a job.
Cons
Too many to list
Productive and friendly yet slightly boring
Financial Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 12, 2016
I have enjoyed my time working at Kindred for the most part. Though the environment doesn't fit my personality all too well. MY days are quite boring and I am stuck at a cubical where I don't really have much social interaction with others.
fun to work at this company
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAMay 11, 2016
I enjoyed working for kindred because of their passion for patients. Nurses are on time with meds and narcotics. Over all I think is a good place to work.
Pros
free classes to all employees to improve our education
Cons
night shift don't get to do activities like morning shift.
Typical Healthcare company
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 10, 2016
The good with the bad - would recommend to those already familiar with healthcare - nothing too exciting or extremes in any direction.
steady paced with advancement readily acceptable in facility, not so much beyond.
Pros
job security
Cons
Nothing Innovating and Exciting
Good place to start
Director of Business Development - Western Region (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 10, 2016
Company is a great place to start if you are a recent college graduate. It is a good place to work with nice people. have fun when you start.
Poor
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 8, 2016
I am very thankful they gave me my nursing start. very poor job culture. no true leadership. no compensation. nursing is the lowest paid in Cleveland. the upside is you will see alot of different things will add to nursing expierence.
okay to work
CNA/Senior Restorative Aid (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 6, 2016
worked close with clinical staff.
while working at this facility I learned how to work close with management for the well being of the patients.
Hardest part of the job was the constant turn over with management and the pay was not well.
Pros
watching residents improve and or maintain their level of care
Cons
poor management
Short of staff
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMay 6, 2016
Nursing and Rehab department need to work more as a team. The different departments do not seem to compliment and properly update each other about the patients.
it was my 12 hrs shifts i like alot
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 6, 2016
i like working there for many reasons
i learn more about a hospital cna care and treatments.
my daughter was a RN there so i had the best of two world as to learn more.
the problem i had there was jealous from the other co-worker.so there for i had no help with some of my assignment, like help with lifting or pulling they up in bed
Pros
some good friends
Cons
breaks was good
I enjoy working here the staff is amazing.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 5, 2016
We have a very friendly staff and the nurses listen when we have something to say and the nursing supervisors are very helpful.We get busy at times and get a few residents that need one on one care and its hard to do when we have a full group and people always on the call lights wanting pain pills. we work 12 hour shifts and are exhausted after 8 hours but we still smile and get the job done. but over all its just like a nursing home very demanding and you must be afficiant. I can say I am looking forward to working in a vent unit again though.
Pros
very friendly staff
Cons
no smoking policy is stupid and unfair.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindred Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.