Kindred Healthcare

Kindred Healthcare Employer Reviews

Friendly Work Environment w/ Knowledgeable Staff
Physical Therapy Aide/Rehab Tech (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: long lunches. pto
Cons: needs room for advancement
Working for over two years as a Therapy Aide/ Rehab Technician for Kindred Healthcare has taught me useful skills that will benefit me in future positions in the healthcare field. I am thankful for this opportunity and would recommend this position to anyone who is interested in the Rehab field.
Productive and fun workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Oakland, CAJuly 23, 2014
Helping residents with there every need and activities of daily living.
Diverse and Friendly Workplace
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 23, 2014
Kindred has very friendly employees. The work load can get tough at times. The most enjoyable part is seeing patients that you have worked with get better and leave the hospital.
Very professional place to work. Took care of their employees
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTJuly 22, 2014
I enjoyed working for Kindred Healthcare. I took care of the Executive Vice President, Vice President of Finance, along with other Executives. I took care of their calendars, reports, calls and anything else asked of me. I planned conferences and training classes both on site and off. I also covered the Plant Operations department with back up for the – more... Capital Ordering process keeping track of projects to assure the paperwork was submitted correctly and vendors were paid timely. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the different personalities and keeping busy. The hardest part of the job was having to help them close the Utah office and losing the relationships I have with the people there. – less
hard
cna (Former Employee), TacomaJuly 18, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: pay rate, schedules, no free time
Super demanding. Hard work don't have time for lunches or 15 min breaks! Just terrible. We suppose to love coming to work. Pay rate is super low! We have great workers they just don't appreciate us cna there! I DO NOT RECOMMEND. I enjoy my co-workers. Hardest part is no breaks to rest and when I need to use the bathroom I need to hold it because someone – more... else needs my help. – less
great place to work
Project Coordinator - Data Center Operations (Former Employee), louisville,kyJuly 18, 2014
everyone was very nice and helpful. couldn't ask for a more professional work place
productive
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 18, 2014
The staff I worked with was great the Director Edmonia Evans is the best ever.
Staff member (Former Employee), Sycamore, ILJuly 15, 2014
Worked for the Sycamore facility learned a lot was able to grow in the company. Left due to relocation
Here we go again
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2014
I had to draw every patient in the hospital (morning rounds). I did all the lab work alone. The institution is very small so there is only one position in my field of work. I came into work we hours in the morning if the workflow would be significantly heavy. Management was very poor. Had no help in that department. I kind of had to make my own decisions – more... and what I thought would be best in certain situations. The hardest part of my job was working alone. – less
Productive and fun workplace
ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR / COMMUNITY LIAISON (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 15, 2014
Pros: marketing hospitals
Cons: no cons i enjoyed my job
I loved working with a great staff and patients. Meeting with Case Managers, Social Workers regarding patients coming into our facility.
Making A Difference in the Communty
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJuly 13, 2014
Pros: great pay, advancement opportunities, friendly staff
Kindred Healthcare is a great place to work!! The benefits are great and the company rewards you for going above and beyond your job expectations.
Wonderful place to work
RN (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: hard, long hours
Great rehab hospital to work. Really cared for their employees, patients, and families.
Great company to work for
CPhT Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Westwood, MAJuly 10, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Kindred. Lots of friendly employees and an all-around comfortable working environment.
Great Healthcare company to work for
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYJuly 10, 2014
As a Dietary Aide, I had very little patient interaction. At the time I was enrolled in school full time and worked part time. The company was able to work with my schedule with ease.
not bad
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 4, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: people
cool place to work , everyone get along a small family, party and talk to each other. everyone is a team player
busy
Rehab (Former Employee), Folsom, CAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: supportive manager
Cons: nursing managers put pressure on rehab staff
This is a tough place to work because the population is so delicate.
The Rehab manager is great- very supportive.

Nursing staff is a combo of great and so-so.
Tough yet rewarding
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2014
Pros: compensation was equal to the tasks being performed
Cons: i broke my foot shorty after i started and kindred had to replace me.
Kindred was a nice place to work. This position consisted of all patient care. These patients were extremely sick people who needed a lot of attention. My night would consist of constant monitoring of patients on ventilators with Foley catheters, drains, colostomies, urostomies ect. My night also consisted of vital signs, daily weights bed bathing, – more... specimen collections and reporting any observed changes in the patients condition.

The hardest part of this position for me was not having time in my night nor enough hands to juggle all of the compassion I had for these people. – less
I am currently an employee at kindred st. anthonys and I hate it here, they are very racist and race in-sensitive.
cna (Current Employee), 10016 kennerly rd st. louis, moJuly 3, 2014
Pros: is that they serve the patients meal trays (sarcasm)
Cons: nurses are lazy, disrespectful, racist to black workers and black patients, and when you tell management, its like talking to a brick wall
In my opinion I do not like working here and neither does the majority of the African American staff. We have all came across racism in this place from the nurses and unfair treatment from management. Its awful when you aren't able to come to work on a peaceful note without being harassed and the environment made hostile for you.
Awesome employees; great teamwork
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: energetic environment.
Cons: lunch menu is always the same.
Everyone is ready to help each other, and are always smiling even on a stressful day.
If you're interested in Kindred New Orleans, RUN as far as you can
... (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 30, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: hmmm... still thinking
Kindred New Orleans is not what it used to be. It used to be a great place to work. Leadership, if you can call it that, since the former CEO left, leave so much to be desired. Since the current CEO begin his tenure at the New Orleans facility, many first rate employees (including management positions) have left the company. It's unfortunate.

1 2 3 4 5