Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 1,502 reviews matching the search
Kindred is a large company
REHAB SERVICES DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Sweetwater, TNApril 22, 2017
I did not feel connected to the leadership at Kindred. It was difficult to find ways to grow in the environment as it was impersonal and distant. I learned much from having to work on growth on my own.
Great
Rehab Tech (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 21, 2017
Great job to be apart of, very good teamwork and also great people to work with including managers and team members. very happy to be apart of that hospital.
I would never refer anyone to this company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 20, 2017
I was very unhappy with my job management was terrible they have no respect for the help and they over work you and under pay you also building smell.
Pros
They would give us free lunch often
Cons
No breaks always short staffed
Excellent opportunity for growth and work experience
LPN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2017
Great job opportunity providing for multiple learning experiences with great staff. Worked with a variety of health cases allowing for skills training and competency.
Stressing nursing very sick patients
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAApril 14, 2017
Working at kindred is not for the lazy or relaxed nurse. You are on your feet the whole shift and barely have time to get all your work done in the 12 hour shift. A majority of the patients have come from a short term hospital with complex medical issues and required high level of attention. Many on breathing machines and complicated wounds. Family is very needy and involved in the care. Usually short staffed with high turn over rate due to the stress of jon and low pay. GREAT place to learn and expand skills just very draining.
Pros
experience, learn alot
Cons
poor management support, low pay
Typical for profit corporate driven entity
Clinical Dietitian-Long Term Acute Care (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 14, 2017
One department: many hats worn. Position focus is a fair. You will be involved in other departmental issues. Good benefits and potential for greater compensation. 401K grew fast.
Pros
benefits, health coverage, incentives
Cons
workload
Eye opening experience
Student Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Green Cove Springs, FLApril 13, 2017
As a student, I learned how to accomplish exams on patients who were not always responsive. I learned a lot about contact precautions from the techs here and every employee treated me like I belonged there.
Decline in work environment
Clinical liaison (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 13, 2017
This use to be a great place for career growth.. Management changed and the work environment changed. Employees not supported to succeed at this company.
Maintenance Mechanic
Plant operations Technician/Security (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXApril 12, 2017
The place is clean, nice to work at, good people. Everything is fine. Bla bla bla bla, Just apply and see if you like it. Ok gotta go tired of writing reviews just because I have to.
Over all it is a great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant I and II (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 12, 2017
The typical work day starts out with receiving report on your patient and the doing a round on that patient. Checking that patient to make sure the he or she is acceptable for the next shift. Making sure that the room is order. then preparing the patient for their day routines working in the hospital is learning experiences and it makes you want to further your education to learn more about health care and medicine. Management their is great to work for, they come around to check on the patient and the staff on a regular bases. The hardest part of the job is the 12 hour shifts. The best part is the friendly staff.
Pros
you will learn a lot about the medical field and want to advance you skills
Cons
12 hour days
Kindred
Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 12, 2017
It was ok. I loved my co workers and I really miss my patients tgere. There was some favoritism in the rehab department, but I tried not to let it bother me.
the hours
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2017
I only work 2 hours Monday through Thursday and Friday I work 3 hours when I first started working there they told me I could pick up more hours they lied when I called for more hours my manager told me no
poorly run,management change every 1 - 2 years
RN- ICU (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAApril 10, 2017
Poorly managed, insufficient funding from corporate headquarters. Patients families not given enough information as to choosing this place. Staff changes, no continuity with management. Lovely nurses though, and from all over the world.
Pros
able to work out perfect schedule
Cons
missing, broken equipement. Blame always on staff.
It was okay
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2017
It was okay to work for Kindred. Nothing special that stands out. I had a good patient load and the work was not bad at all. The food was great! Some of the supervisors need to work on their people skills.
Very good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 10, 2017
I would recommend Kindred as an employer. They are very conscientious of life outside of work. Management staff is great. They are very interested in professional growth.
Pros
Great environment
kindred is a good place to work ,if you are dedicated type they will apprecite you.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2017
kindred hospital is sort of conducive working enviroment,Dealing with mature and good management,they listen to the workers need and try to heip in any way as much as possible.
Works with students
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXApril 8, 2017
Great place to work while you are in nursing school. Offers student nurses position while they are on break. Great place to learn long tern care facilities.
Pros
Learning
Cons
staff
Great Work Environment
Intern, Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 7, 2017
Kindred Healthcare provides a great working environment and an opportunity to grow and improve both your professional an technical skills as well a the opportunity to develop new ones.
Kindred
Charge LPN (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INApril 6, 2017
This is a great unit to work as far as variety of patient conditions and experience in different skills to learn and use. It is very fast paced and busy. Time management is key to a good day. The other nurses are great to work with and the CNA's are amazing.
Pros
great pay, always hours to work
Cons
stressful, not much help from management. too much work to complete in one shift
A typical day at work included the following duties
Prn Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2017
A typical day at work included the following duties: I’m familiar with computer order entry (PHARMNET, PYXIS CONNECT AND RX CONNECT) of oral, intravenous, chemotherapy, COMPOUNDING, and TPN medications. This also includes interacting with the regular nursing units, emergency department, CVICU, MICU, NICU, and ICU areas (extremely familiar with Critical Care and Emergency Room medicines and protocols). I am also familiar with Pyxis and Med Dispense dispensing machines. I also do Patient Consultations on a regular basis (hospitalized and out-patients).
Pros
i do what ever is needed to satisfy the patient's medication requirements.
Cons
no comments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindred Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.