Kindred Healthcare

Kindred Healthcare Employer Reviews

Bad management
Nursing (Former Employee), TucsonJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: nice coworkers
Cons: management and work load
12 hour shifts rarely a getting lunch breaks. You must punch out for lunch or you will be written up. Many employees punch out for lunch and work then punch in so they do not get in trouble. CCO negative and minimal interaction with staff. CEO not intersted in patient care or staff. Nurse to patient ratio makes it difficult to provide the care needed
management disorganized
Registered Nurse, Staff (Former Employee), Hammond, INJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: shifts were great
Cons: management changing frequently
Very high stress hospital which was very understaffed and a disorganized management. No consistency or did I feel i was working in a safe environment. Too many critical patients to care for at one time. Unsafe facility to work in. No computers to document care, charts were missing important information, patient confidentiality was abused by staff and family.
Greatest Job with the greatest people!
Senior Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: very flexible boss
Cons: expensive healthcare, job security.
I experienced a lot with this company. The good and the bad. We started out a group of four or five and grew to over 10 people at a time. Job security was awesome. My boss was amazing and still is. She was and still is like a mom to me. Over the years job security began to drop as did our number of employees. We obviously had co-workers that had conflict but most of the time things were great. Towards the end of my time working there, there was only three of us left. I love both the ladies I worked with and several other women I worked with. The greatest part of my job was getting to meet new people and building a relationship with my co-workers and everyone outside the office I spoke with.
Greatest Job with the greatest people!
Senior Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: very flexible boss
Cons: expensive healthcare, job security.
kindred Healthcare
State Tested Nursing Assistant- The Greens (Current Employee), Lyndhurst, OHJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: the building is modern very nice foundation outside
Cons: understaffed high turn overrate
When i arrive to work i am the first aide to arrive my staff is usually 15-20 mins late everyday.I go to get my assignment if there are any printed.I then proceed to stock my linen cart for my shift most of the time the linen cart is empty.I will say that the staff on my unit are helpful but the facility within it's self is very unorganized and typically there should be 4-5 aides on a unit we only have 3.yesterday i had to work short meaning 2 aides for 38 residents i would have to say this is the hardest part of my job because i cannot give quality care to each of my residents.the enjoyable moments are being empathic to my residents needs helping them with there daily activities and knowing im making a diffrence in their lives.
top-notch company
District Director of Clinical Operations (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 14, 2015
Kindred provides a very organized and professional structure to each employee on which to care for their residents. The company's commitment to each resident is evident at all levels of the organization.
Productive and I enjoyed my time there
Dietary Manager (Former Employee), Loudon, TNJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: ability to move forward
I loved the facility I worked at, I was there for 6 years. I would love to go back.
Busy but rewarding.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 13, 2015
Busy but rewarding. Heavy patient load. Full patient care. Co-workers are wonderful. Management is outstanding.
Work here only if you enjoy being bullied and humiliated by mgr
Medical Biller (Former Employee), Stoughton, MAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: free parking, good supervisors
Cons: poor management
Business office manager is a narcissistic, arrogant bully who enjoys humiliating people. He expects brown-nosing and will make your life miserable if you don't, and has no respect whatsoever for others. He also uses people as his scapegoat for his own screw-ups.
I had worked for this company when it was owned by Commonwealth Communities and loved my job, got along well with my manager until it was bought out by Kindred. Actually, we ALL liked our jobs back then, and all of us hated it after Kindred took over. A few people quit and told me that if the company was still owned by Commonwealth, they would still be there. So clearly the problem isn't me.
There is a clique, an "inner circle" that is favored, and they are allowed to bend the rules, but you will be held in strict adherence.
The billing itself is difficult because it is bogged down with bureaucracy and is very inefficient. Getting a problem fixed is difficult at best and not possible at worst.
The supervisors are very knowledgeable and fair.
Humble experience
Volunteer; Activities Assistant (Former Employee), Abington, MAJanuary 9, 2015
In my role working with the geriatric population it is important to be compassionate, respectful and empowering. From simply listening and engaging the elder residents in social activities I learned so much more from them than what I felt I could bring to the table.
Good Critical Thinking
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: pharmacists were just as involved in the patient's medication therapy as the nursing staff and dr.
Cons: the benefits, pay and hours were not so good.
This place overall was good in that I was able to use my pharmacy thinking skills to make recommendations to the Dr. on medication therapy and even convince them to change dose/dosage form or name of medication taken by the patient. The Dr. would for example would write an order "begin a dose of Vancomycin 1gm Pharmacy to dose." At that point the pharmacist was able to order labs and evaluate as well as consider the wieght and age of the patient to determine the dose and dosing interval of Vancomycin as well as other iv meds like aminoglycosides. It was a comfortable atmosphere with the other pharmacists, technicians, Doctors and nursing staff all working together for a positive patient outcome. In some cases however going up to the patient's room didn't have an environment of complete care from the nursing staff. The benefits, pay and hours were not so good.
Enjoyed the residents.
House Keeping (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: payed minimum wage
* Perform general cleaning assignments in residential rooms, hallways and common areas
* Prepare rooms for move-in and/or move-out as assigned
* Participate in annual cleaning schedules
* Utilize cleaning chemicals properly and safely in accordance with department guidelines
* Inform supervisor of any pertinent resident issues or concerns
Was an OK place to work. Not flexible on schedule. Good hours.
Dietary Aide/Server (Former Employee), Lakewood, WAJanuary 5, 2015
Was a nice place to work. a new field of work i became accustomed to. Great hours were offered. Not flexible on scheduling when it came to 'sick days'
Great experience
LPN (Former Employee), Wayne, NJJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: management and benefits
My typical work day is non stop from start to finish. I learned great clinical skills which motivated me to return to school to receive my RN degree. Management is always changing. The hardest part of my job was caring for up to six total care patients, and not having a chair to sit in for 12 hours. The most enjoyable part was doing good work with a great team of people.
LPN
LPN (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 27, 2014
my work experience was excellent.I always welcome patients with a wounder full smile on my face.My day start off with taking vital signs and passing out medication to the patient .I regularly check on my patients through out the day and acquire their needs as needed
Not a good place to work
Student Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 26, 2014
I didn't like being there a as a student. the staff was rude and very dirty! Some was nice but others was not. the were not happy to show you anything. Management wasn't nice to us wither. I never felt welcome there
assisting with visitors
Receptionist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZDecember 26, 2014
Greet visitor and answer phones call. Assist with any local information.
Not a bad place to work.
Rehabilitation Therapy Tech (Current Employee), Vineland, NJDecember 26, 2014
For the most part, a typical day consists of helping patients with therapy goals and some secretarial work.
Now Closed
Pharmacy Exemptions Desk (Former Employee), Yorba Linda, CADecember 24, 2014
It was fun while it lasted but the company was bought out by another pharmacy.
RN ICU/HOUSE SUPEVISOR (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 17, 2014
Management are very cooperative, there is team work and a very friendly environment. I am very satisfied with this company, they just need to improve on employee benefits, especially health insurance and paid time off.

1 2 3 4 5

About Kindred Healthcare

The word "kindred" has many meanings, including allied, similar and family. We believe the name reflects our business – Read more

Kindred Healthcare Photos