Kindred Healthcare

1.0K reviews

Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews

great place to work
Rehab Aide (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAAugust 3, 2015
fun, fast paced environment. great staff. connected with patients. work together with management. learned how to use techniques acquired from school and apply to patients.
knvlsnfkl
Biller /Collection Specialist (Former Employee), houstonAugust 2, 2015
Pros: kjbkbkjs
Cons: nhvnsn
iushfksehfuh ioheofhouewh oihowehofhewn ufoiehfh ohfouewh ouhfuo ouhfou uigfiug iugfiuw iugfiuqb iugfiq iugdfiuw iugfiyb iugdf iugdb ihfuhfubwiugfiuwrh boiuhfuhweiuof iugefiugwiufb iugkufgiugwfb iygfugwiukbf
Needs Improvement
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 30, 2015
The Nursing staff was great to work with. Management needs to be improved. Very poor in making sure things need to get done. Single out people instead of stating to the whole nursing staff.
Staff Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Elizabeth City, NCJuly 29, 2015
I was part of the management team. It was a great learning experience. It was just not enough teamwork from the management team as a whole.
Friendly Interaction
Environmental Services Supervisor (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJuly 29, 2015
During my time at Kindred, I experienced interactions with the patients and their families that made my job feel special. I enjoyed building relationships with my coworkers, which created a friendly atmosphere.
Working is rewarding/staff and management are awesome
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FloridaJuly 29, 2015
Pros: awesome, caring staff
Cons: large workload
Sometimes it can be overwhelming but the work is rewarding and the therapist are respected. The management is awesome and the friendly staff are a plus.
HORRIBLE
Nursing (Current Employee), TexasJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Staff (what is left)
Cons: Management, food, lack of team work, benefits, etc
This company is HORRIBLE to work for. Terrible benefits and even worse management. You can dedicate your life to them and give it your all and it will not mean anything to them. They use and abuse staff. It is all about money. They cut too many corners putting staff and patients in jeopardy.
Everyone that has tried to stay and wait it out have only done so due to the friendships that have been made.
Excellent place to work!!!!
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Great work environment and a great place to grow educationally and personally.
Cons: N/A
Working for Kindred Healthcare is very rewarding and the staff is excellent. The lives that are changed through the home health facilities and hospitals gives me great joy, in that I help provide the equipment that the staff of this facilities need to perform their jobs. The work place is just awesome and my co-workers are really great to work with, we work hard and have fun all at the same time. Being able to be a part of a company that genuinely cares not only for their staff but for every patient is a great pleasure.
mainly about numbers for this company
nursing (Former Employee), arizonaJuly 27, 2015
Pros: nursing team delivers great care to the patients
Cons: POOR supprt from management
co-workers stick together. Poor support from mid and senior management. Phoenix staff really do care about the patients and their families
Miracles happen every day
Director of Quality Management (Current Employee), Ontario, CAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Free Coffee!
Cons: Down side --- SoCal Traffic!!!
We admit patients on vents and watch them walk out. For some patients it is providing comfort in their final days. Our families are a central part to our patient safety and quality team. Leadership in our facility is a growing team as many are new so we are learning what works (and other things not so much). The best part of working here is that people really do care and that makes all of the difference.
Fair
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee), Aurora, COJuly 25, 2015
Pros: enhancing my abilities as a therapist, lunch breaks
Cons: low census, drop in productivity numbers
typical day at work - busy
I learned about trach care and the variety of diagnosis we come into contact with
Management - ---- ok
co workers are awesome
the hardest part - mental exhaustion
most enjoyable part - seeing the progress
While working at night all employees work together
Customer Service (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2015
A wonderful company to work for, the benefits were fair. I learn a lot from my team members while working at Kindred Health Care.
Great place to work for with a lot of opportunities to grow
Patient Assessment Coordinator (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHIOJuly 22, 2015
Kindred is a great place with great people. If you need anything, they are there for you. The hours and flexibility makes it a great job. My boss is pretty terrific too.
not the most friendly nursing staff to work with.
CNA (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaJuly 21, 2015
patients are always willing to learn, and do what is asked of them to be able to return home. Very few co-workers who are willing to help one another, poor teamwork with in nursing staff. Management does not show interest or concern when it comes to what staff members have to say.
Rehab Hospital
Staff Nurse PRN (Former Employee), St Petersburg, FlJuly 21, 2015
This facility has opportunities for advancement and has great benefits if needed. The company really cares about its staff. They give you plenty of trach and vent care experience.They also offer plenty of continuing education
good
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Whiterock, TXJuly 21, 2015
good friendly atmosphere.convenient duties.co-workers are very good.all the work I can manage easily.i got my first experience in us
Great Busienss
Clinical Liaison (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2015
Been great opportunity and learning curve. Kindred has been a great move. I recommend to anyone looking for employment.
Great Experience
Facility Relations Administrator (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 18, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: support
Trained with this institution traveled alot and learn alot about the world of a pharmacy almost thought about going into that healthcare feild but chose nursing instead.
Kindred, Dietary Aide
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: work environment
Cons: per diem
This was a per diem job. Would have been great if I was provided more working shifts. Interaction with the patients at this hospital greatly helped with my bedside mannerisms.
Terrible company to work for
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee), Wayne, NJJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Nothing at all
Cons: Everything: From the benefits to the overall care of the patients and especially the management
I am an admistrator at Kindred hosspital in wayne NJ. All I need to say is that this is the most poorly managed facility I have ever been apart of. It's abysmal how they treat the staff as well as the patients, stay away from this company at all costs! Absolute nightmare of a hospital!
Headquarters