Kindred Healthcare

Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews

Fell Comfortable with The Co workers and Supervisors
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 23, 2015
Pros: I Have To pay For Lunch
Cons: Short Brakes
At morning Co worker gives me report of the unit and take Vital Signs Check Computer Orders and Past Food Trays Start to give bed bath answer the call light working as a Team with my Co workers as a unit. Also Stand by in the unit
Advancement opportunity
Business Clerk & Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 22, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: personnel dissatisfaction
Administration is prejudice, workload is never evenly distributed, no team players. Respect to personnel lacking on behalf of some employees and administration
The best job I've ever had!
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLMay 20, 2015
Pros: Periodic free lunches, raffles, staff very nice
Cons: Periods of low census may result in few hours
I love working at Kindred Hospital! It is small and mostly easy going. Most of us get along with each other and it makes for a great work environment!
great nurses, poor management
Care Technician (Former Employee), Wayne, NJMay 20, 2015
co-workers were great.we made a great team together. working on the ventilation unit could be very stressful at time. the patients at kindred were critical. working at this facility was very educational.
no room for advancement and management wasn't very good
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 20, 2015
Kindred hospital San Diego is a horrible place to work for. The management does not care about it's employee's. for one year the snuffed us on raises. Hr is baised and really doesn't have the employee's interest at hand. this place is a hostile environment. If you read around these reviews you will see this is a reoccurring problem for all of Kindred.
Always room for improvement
RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Current Employee), Hammond, INMay 20, 2015
Pros: Most times the staff gets along and communicates well
Cons: Too often short staffed and short on equipment/resources
As with any place of employment or anything in life actually, there is always room for improvement. There is often times not enough staff or resources to do the job that is needed/expected. However, there are those times when things go according to plan and you actually get to see the patient improve well enough to return home to family. That in and of itself is worth the frustrations every single time.
hostile environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 14, 2015
POOR MANAGEMENT AND NOT ENOUGH HELP ON A DAILY BASIS. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND WORKING AT KINDRED HOSPITAL, LOW PAY. POOR BENEFITS.
Former Employee
CNA (Former Employee), Tampa FLMay 10, 2015
Pros: Nice nursing staff
Cons: Horrible Management
Before I cam to kindred worked in a skilled and regular nursing facility. Kindred is not a hospital but a longtern acute care nursing home. There is no room for advancement here if you are trying to move up. The managament sis rude and does not care about your back when you have to take care of a 600 + patient. I stayed at this facility for too long met great people, but the end result for this facility is drying the pt out of their money and sweeping ALOT of things under the rug. DO NOT EXPECT A RAISE
DON'T EXCEL
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Westminster, CAMay 8, 2015
Don't let your talent show! When your co-workers and supervisors notice they will do everything they can to get you fired, Even though every single one of your patients loves you and makes positive comments about you to supervisors.
If you value your license or sanity stay away.
Nursing (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 7, 2015
Just a big meat grinder. One big ICU but w/o the staff to adequately care for pt's. Nursing with up to 7-8 pt/day. RT up to 16/day. Upper management insensitive to what goes on on the floors as long as census is up. They know state won't shut them down because who else is going to take these patients? Physicians not aggressive to wean; too much money to be made on on sick, ventilated people.
keeping a health and happy environment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Havertown, PAMay 6, 2015
working as a team to keep the patients happy and health learning new thing and going the extra mile. Working hand and hand with the nurse to find out the patients everyday needs and wants
productive work
cna (Current Employee), Mansfield txMay 5, 2015
Pros: patients
Cons: high turn over rate, understaffed, there is no team work what so ever, nurses are very rude, very unorganized
This place is understaffed
Heavy work load
You will have 30 patients
Help with bariatric patients you will not get any help at all from other team members
fun place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAMay 4, 2015
kindred is very caring to their employees and pays OT,
they value employees hard work and opinion
i enjoyed working for this company
they gave us a good health benefits
Love my job
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 3, 2015
I love working at Kindred Healthcare. I have been very loyal to this company. I have been there for 6 years and I have learned a lot of things there.
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 2, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company. They are nothing but incredible. They go above and beyond for their patients. I would be reassured to have a loved one in the hands of the staff. They are all knowledgeable.
poor workplace
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Cheyenne, WYMay 2, 2015
do not care about employees or residents, management was very poor they did not do their job to the fullest nor with their hearts in it and in the medical field that isn't possible.
Most management are dinosaurs
Reimbursement Analyst (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 1, 2015
I enjoyed my time at this firm. My role was challenging and I learned a lot. Management and coworkers can be temperamental.
Awesome Rehab Team
Patient Care Technician/Rehab Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 30, 2015
Pros: Patients make progress
Cons: Too much adminstration
The Rehab Therapist are very professional and know their trade. Being a part of their success stories was very rewarding.
Corporate Biller (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 24, 2015
Great place to work. benefits were great! They took very good care of their employees!! Numerous employee lay offs. parking was terrible was not in a very good part of town. Unsafe leaving after dark
Awesome co-workers and understandable managers
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Peabody, MAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Bounces
Cons: shorts breaks and not enough benefits
You get your assignment and login the computer to check the patient care plans. Go into the rooms and introduce yourself to the patients. serve breakfast and start patient care after breakfast. document as go about your day.

1 2 3 4 5

About Kindred Healthcare

The word "kindred" has many meanings, including allied, similar and family. We believe the name reflects our business – Read more

Kindred Healthcare Salaries

Registered Nurse
$28.50 per hour

Kindred Healthcare Photos

William K. Schifferli
Our mission to helping others without discrimination. And much Love TLC :-)
Our "A" team.  I am in the bright blue scrubs.