Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews

Good
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 18, 2018
It is a safe and professional work environment. Management was always approachable and listens to the employee's concerns. Management provides support to all employees equally.
I would not recommend working for this company
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INFebruary 18, 2018
My biggest complaints: 1) The director of rehab at my facility was beyond incompetent. So much so, that over 5 people that I worked with had complained directly to his boss within a few year period. I did the same expecting something to change; however, I quickly learned that corporate will always take the side of someone with a higher job title. If I had 5 complaints about me from patients/coworkers, I would have been fired. I felt ignored, and all of my complaints were pushed aside.
2) I was told I'd be given a 7% raise nearly a year ago. I sent emails, made phone calls, and even set up meetings in attempt to make sure Kindred followed through. I never received a dime of this raise and was made out to seem like a difficult employee every time I followed up about it.
3) For the most part, management does not care about the patients. They are business people who would have rather have their employees spend time marketing than striving to improve the quality of life of their patients.
cleaness of faculity
EVS Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 17, 2018
I recommend for the faculity to be in a an order that is easy to function. Orderly time fashionedd no half rush jobs. I maintain 3 level floors. I work alone. I have my mandatory breaks. I like the work i do
Good Experience
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INFebruary 17, 2018
Kindred as a Corporation was great to work for. Many opportunities for advancement, great communication within Corporate, and a strong Clinical team. Would definitely work with them again.
February 18, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. Please consider sharing your experience with friends who are looking for a career in healthcare!

Great company
MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Pickerington, OHFebruary 16, 2018
I have worked with Kindred for 18 years. I enjoyed working with the skilled nursing facility but they transitioned out of the industry so I transferred to the home health side and it is not the same, I have learned and gained so much experience in my time with Kindred.
February 18, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate you sharing feedback with us.

Very stressful environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 14, 2018
Kindred is a very stressful company. The Law Department is a very stressful position within the company. Most employees there are long time employees with the company. It makes it difficult to become a team member there because of that.
February 15, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience. Would you be willing to talk with our team? The impact of sharing your concerns is crucial to the future experience of other employees. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you prefer to remain anonymous.

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

overall good place to work
Registered Nurse, CWOCN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 13, 2018
environment is welcoming and small, work load is heavy for long-term acute patients. Administration has favorites. Worked here for 10 years and advancement is impossible even when you further your education to exceed the other staff.
February 15, 2018

Would you be willing to share more about your experience? It will only take two minutes, but the impact of sharing your successes with future employees is priceless! http://www.questionpro.com/t/ALUdMZaH9I

Student
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  las olasFebruary 13, 2018
I was a student, some of the nurses are exceptional and some were just plain cruel. The patients are often unhappy and very excited to see students. I wouldnt send my loved ones there
Pros
people
February 15, 2018

We’d love to learn more about your experience. We know your input is critical to any potential improvements we need to make. Please reach out to me at experience@kindred.com.

good work enviormnet
Multi-Site Director of Rehab (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2018
great palce to work not the place for me. trying to manage op clinics with long term acute care mind set didnt work very well. had too many emplyees stuck in their ways
February 15, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your experience working on our team.

productive and professional workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2018
Working at Kindred was a very professional experience. It prepared me more for the real world and what an actual adult job would entitle. I loved the people i worked with and the doctor that i shadowed was very intelligent.
February 15, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you sharing feedback with us.

Feelings
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 12, 2018
I enjoyed this job as far as working for and helping people that couldn’t help themselves however the nurses in charge were very rude and out of line when dealing with staff
February 14, 2018

Would you be willing to share your experience in more detail? I can be reached at experience@kindred.com.

Best place to work if you aer Respiratory Therapist
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 11, 2018
the job can be stressfull only because our patient are very sick kindred is a long term acute care hospital with that being said our patient has coded one or more times before they came to us. If you want to learn respiratory that is the place to work. It is like an big ICU. It helps to know your pulmonary disease and how there function on the body . And most of all have a kind heart because you are seeing family at the worst time in there life
Pros
good place to work
February 14, 2018

We appreciate your thoughtful words. We know this special calling requires special people, and we’re glad you’re here.

Emotional attachment to patients
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYFebruary 10, 2018
Kindred was a great company I enjoyed taking care of all my patients the hardest part was their suffering and passing. I was able to meet a lot of people
February 12, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your experience working on our team.

Please take this two-minute survey to share your experience and allow us to continue to provide the best support to our Kindred team members. http://www.questionpro.com/t/ALUdMZaH9I

Family -Like atmosphere
Payroll and Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 9, 2018
Kindred Place is a retirement community. I worked as a receptionist until I was promoted to Payroll/Benefits coordinator and Billing and Accounts receivable Specialist. There is such an enjoyable work environment here. However it is a small company with lack of advancement. I would like to use the many skills I've acquired here to further my career.
February 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We value every piece of feedback we receive and we know it takes time out of your busy day to complete.

company sold
Charge Nurse/LPN (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAFebruary 9, 2018
Stressfull environment, patient to nurse ratio, overwhelming, no consistant direct leadership, no open door policy, conflicting work with responsibilies
February 11, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience. It goes without saying, but our employees play a critical role in helping Kindred deliver quality care. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to discuss this further. Providing your contact information will help expedite our communication. If you prefer to remain anonymous and report your concerns, call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412.

Productive and positive
Menu Clerk (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXFebruary 9, 2018
Productive and positive place to work.
Managers work closely together to provide excellent care of patients.
Patients are put first.
Managers provide good training.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
work area at some locations is loud and no temperature control
February 10, 2018

We are happy you shared your positive experience with us. Our employees are the center of our mission – we couldn’t do it without you!

The Best long term Hospitals in the Nation
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXFebruary 9, 2018
a typical day and life at Kindred was steady. every one is family orientated with staff and patient. best thing about working was a team supported. every one worked hard.
Pros
every one is a team player willing to help get the job done.
Cons
Health Benefits wore kept basic.
February 10, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you sharing feedback with us.

Great staff
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Staff is great, always willing to help. A lot of teamwork, can get very busy and stressful, people call in sick a lot so there is a lot of overtime. Wage can be better.
Pros
Breakfast and luch for $5
Cons
wage
February 9, 2018

We are happy you shared your experience with us. Our clinicians are the heart of our company.

Please take this two-minute survey to share your experience and allow us to continue to properly serve you and future Kindred caregivers. http://www.questionpro.com/t/ALUdMZaH9I

review
Wound Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 7, 2018
I have worked for Kindred for years. Only downfall is the pay. They area not as competitive as other companies with pay. I stayed with the company due to the flexibility. The management was not all that wonderful but they did work with employees when they need time off.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
low pay
February 9, 2018

Thank you for sharing. To ensure your concerns are heard and to serve future employees better, it’s important for us to talk to you more about your experience. I am available at experience@kindred.com so we can talk in detail.

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

difficult to rate because I was prn and did not get many hours
prn Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 7, 2018
I was a prn employee and got to work very few hours, but I did enjoy working there. I was "timed out" after 3 months as there were not enough hours available for me to work.
February 9, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindred Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.