Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews

Educational, and steping stone
Social Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  S.F. Calif.November 7, 2017
Kindred has given me the opportunity to advance under certain management. I find myself competing for positions that are promised yet when promotion time comes around the selection process can be biases. I stand to be grateful to Kindred, yet when supervised by certain management the playing field became unfair. Overall Kindred was a great starting ground. Thanks Kindred.
Pros
Good medical benifits
Cons
Company uncertainty
November 8, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. We value every piece of feedback we receive and we know it takes time out of your busy day to complete.

We would love for you to further share your experience. It will only take two minutes and the impact of sharing your success with potential team members is priceless! http://www.questionpro.com/t/ALUdMZaH9I

Good Company
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CANovember 6, 2017
So much things to learn, everyday is busy, everybody is helpful and working hard, some days are good and some are not but whatever it is I go home with contentment.
November 8, 2017

We are happy you shared your positive experience with us. Our employees are the center of our mission – we couldn’t do it without you!

Willing to offer opportunities
Market Benefits Analyst/ Insurance Verifier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 6, 2017
Kindred offered me an opportunity albeit being overqualified for the position. The culture was layed back, friendly and the encouraged engagement resulted in professional relationships. My day started and ended with engaging payers, clinical staff, admissions and case managers. Each day contained the analysis of benefits and associating the contractual reimbursements against the patients benefits and exemptions. The hardest part of the job was helping contracting physicians problem solve a denial. The enjoyable part of the job was working in a "family feeling" environment.
Pros
free lunches, uniforms, discounts, Pto, pay
Cons
Stressful at times when deadlines had to be met
November 8, 2017

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. Please consider sharing your experience with friends who are looking for a career in healthcare!

Its a great place to work if you want to learn how to deal with critical situations
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  4th Floor Critical Care/ ICUNovember 5, 2017
This is where my training in dealing with patients and their family members sharpened. Also working at Kindred provides a lot of room for growth and expansion in the Healthcare field
Pros
School training
Cons
Low patient ratio
November 7, 2017

We are happy you shared your experience with us. Our clinicians are the heart of our company.

Would you be willing to share more about your experience? It will only take two minutes and the impact of sharing your success with potential team members is priceless!

NIce
LPN (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHNovember 5, 2017
I was a nice place to work with the staff I had upper management was not always nice to deal with, poor communication between shifts, and not everyone worked together as a team
November 10, 2017

We’d love to learn more about your experience. We know your input is critical to any potential improvements we need to make. Please reach out to me at experience@kindred.com.

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Great place to work/poor management
RN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 5, 2017
Great place to work but management is poor and unknowledgeable. The education department is lacking and thinned out. Management needs to properly screen who they hire as nurses to take care of these extremely sick patients.
November 6, 2017

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience. It goes without saying, but our employees play a critical role in helping Kindred deliver quality care. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to discuss this further. Providing your contact information will help expedite our communication. If you prefer to remain anonymous and report your concerns, call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412.

Graphic designing Intern, great environment
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 4, 2017
I was the graphic design intern for just a few month during college and had a really nice experience. I was taught many skills and found the environment fun but professional.
November 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please like us on Facebook or follow us on Instagram.

Sometimes stressful
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 2, 2017
Always worked the Noc shift short. Little to no materials to do the effectively. Most of the time charge nurses wanted respect but wouldn't give the ssme respect back. They were very rude
Pros
Loved they offered plenty overtime
Cons
Always short staff
November 4, 2017

We do not wish for any employee experience to be a negative one. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to talk to you about your experience. Or you may call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns.

Large company, changing environment
Clinical Liaison- Kindred (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 31, 2017
Hours are not structured.could work weekend and late.Success is based on territory you get. Lots of facilities closing but seem they dont have plan. Other companies closing too.
November 2, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are honored by your service!

Good place to work and grow in skills
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76132October 31, 2017
Patient care is priority, rounding with docs. Families updated on patient care. I love working for kindred health. My day goes by really fast. Good place to work
November 2, 2017

We appreciate your thoughtful words. We know this special calling requires special people, and we’re glad you’re here.

Compassionate and Caring Company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INOctober 31, 2017
Kindred is a wonderful company to work for; good benefits, great pay, shift differential. Work as a team. Opportunity for advancement. My coworkers were all great to work with and very compassionate about their job.
Pros
Benefits, good pay
November 2, 2017

We’re glad you had a great experience working with us. We appreciate you sharing your positive feedback with us.

A Great place to grow professionally
Medical Records Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 30, 2017
I learn so much from Kindred. An employer who is fair and give opportunity to people who are eager to learn and improve. Surely the company focus on patient centered care.
October 31, 2017

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your sharing feedback with us.

Amazing workplace, great co-workers
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHOctober 28, 2017
Kindred is amazing at working with school schedules and individual schedules! Everyone there was family!! The Company as a whole was helpful, cooperative just amazing all around.
Pros
great flexible scheduling
Cons
work a little past my scheduled time to clock out sometimes.
October 30, 2017

We’re glad you had a great experience working with us. We appreciate your sharing your feedback with us.

Good Company good Job Good fit
HTA, PTC, MED.ASSIST Full Time (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2017
Good Job ..............good Company good fit good employees no problems,no more to say,good hospital ,liked working there,enjoyed being THERE!!!!!!!!
November 1, 2017

Would you be willing to share more about your experience? It will only take two minutes, but the impact of sharing your successes with future employees is priceless! http://www.questionpro.com/t/ALUdMZaH9I

Rewarding
Full Time Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 27, 2017
I overall enjoy Kindred and my Kindred family. Great coworkers and a great place to work. Pay is competitive but the benefits are very weak. I would recommend working here.
Pros
Good work culture
Benefits
October 30, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are honored by your service!

Please take this two-minute survey to share your experience and allow us to continue to properly serve you and future Kindred caregivers. http://www.questionpro.com/t/ALUdMZaH9I

Excellent work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 26, 2017
Being able to connect with the patients and co-workers. Knowing that I was able to help someone. Friendly environment all the way around. treated fairly at the job by all.
October 27, 2017

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your sharing feedback with us.

very favoritizm type job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 25, 2017
i love doing floor care i worked all the over time i needed but was passed up for a full time position for employees who had kidds and they needed benefits even if i been there longer worked when call and took overtimer
Pros
job is easy
Cons
favortism
October 27, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience as an employee of Kindred. We hope you will consider talking further with our team. We consider your concerns as crucial for our current and future employees. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you may remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412.

Stressful and fast paced
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 25, 2017
Stressful and fast-paced. There was little training and the schedule was third shift which left little work-life balance. There was not a lot of opportunity for advancement.
October 27, 2017

Thank you for sharing. To ensure your concerns are heard and to serve future employees better, it’s important for us to talk to you more about your experience. I am available at experience@kindred.com so we can talk in detail.

Fun but busy workplace.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCOctober 24, 2017
Nurses worked together well. Management was approachable 24/7. Staffing was short most of the time. Patient care was above average. There was room to grow.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
No lunch breaks.
October 26, 2017

productive
Front Desk Assistant / Wound Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 24, 2017
This was a very fast paced, under staffed job placement hospital. I currently still work for the company as well as have relatives employed with the company.
October 26, 2017

We’re glad you have had a great experience working at Kindred! Every single member of our team contributes to the successes of our patients and their families.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindred Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.