Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 1,399 reviews matching the search
I've worked at worse places.
PCP (Current Employee) –  AnonymousNovember 20, 2016
I appreciate my co-workers and work in general isn't so bad. Scheduling works well. They have been known to understaff leaving the patients to suffer for it as well as the staff. Management shows favoritism and doesn't hesitate to show it. Not much in pay increases. No holiday bonuses with the exception of turkeys on Christmas. Part-time employees don't get PTO or health insurance.
Pros
They provide lunches for us more than I've seen before night shift gets neglected at times as usual
Cons
Understaffing. Minimal pay increases. No bonuses.
Easy job but terrible team work in some departments
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2016
My job is pretty easy and basic with filing, assembling, analyzing, scanning and indexing, and creating reports. Calling physicians to complete their records can be challenging and sometimes not so great when they are rude and get angry.

When it comes to working as a team with other departments it can get stressful. You ask others for help on a certain task and they complain that it is not in their job description and see no reason to take part in.

Compensation is terrible. Medical benefits is expensive and part time employees do not receive many benefits, In fact, a lot of benefits were cut off for part time. No PTO and no medical benefits.
Good working enviroment
Business Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MTOctober 17, 2016
I opened office daily, making sure employees clock in on the time clock were all accurate and if not addressed those. i submit payroll information for pay checks. I prepared banking and did the invoice input of bills for the facility. I answer phones during the day and address issues at the front window, mail and deliveries and visitors.
I work directly under the Executive Director and 3 others in the office,We all work well together.
I also address residents issues.
The best part of my job for the last 36 yrs was taking care of the elderly and just being a friendly ear and giving hugs or a hand to hold.
Great People
Staffing Coordinator/Payroll Processor/HR Contact (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2016
A typical day at work was always eventful, some events better than others. I worked with great people. I feel the management could have been more supportive in certain areas. I learned to always trust but verify information. Follow-up is key in any situation. The hardest part of the job was juggling the employees needs and wants regarding scheduling and time off. The most enjoyable part of the job was when our goals were met after the teams hard work.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
inconsistencies in management
Good Rehab Team. Clean Hospital.
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 8, 2016
Great place to work with great people. Very challenging work. Newly acquired skills on a sub-acute setting. Enjoyed the luxury of working on a 12 hour shift 3 days a week. Very short commute from home to work. Very helpful staff and management regarding difficult matters pertaining to patient management.
Pros
12hr shift-3 days a week
Cons
poor career advancement
I work I a hospital setting which outsourced my therapy department. Not my choice.
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  LouisianaSeptember 18, 2016
My original department is mostly intact, and I like that. Little kindred has done is for the benefit of the employees nor the patients. Little understanding of regulations. Asking therapists to get as close to the edge, without going over.... Expectations of productivity require "creative" ways of seeing patients... Not sure that the directives are best nor benificial for the patient, but to maximize their revenue. Benefits are below industry standard, expensive with very high deductibles and co-pays.

In addition to the original staff, the new people hired, non therapy staff, have had no qualifications, and are receiving no training. Ask amazingly dumb questions that exemplify their lack of medical/rebabilition knowledge.
Pros
There are no pros, but I have my job
Cons
Everything else. Kindred is focus on productivity, maximizing profits, not employees nor providing healthcare
The worst place I've seen
STNA (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, OHDecember 27, 2016
Typical day would be scared to come to work. because you dont know if you will be working by yourself. They have the worst communication .When it comes to what should be done. payroll and scheduling never know nothing when it comes time to be paid. No one is held accountable for they say or do. My co-workers are ok and helpful when you can find somebody. The hardest part of my job is knowing that management don't care about the employees and that my check is never right. The most enjoyable thing would be going home.
Pros
Cons
everything you could think of
Risky place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  NursingNovember 20, 2016
This organization is all about money, money, money. Patient care is not a concern, it is about the bottom line. They were threatened in May 2016 by the Ohio Department of Health for dangerous patient care and the lack of training in the facility. They were fined thousands of dollars. This place is unsafe, and you will risk your license working here. Management is the worst, and only concerned with trying to get a bonus. Bonus based health care is DANGEROUS
Pros
Cons
Risky, management wants you to look the other way all in the name of profits
If you like a challenge
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNSeptember 3, 2016
Had high expectations but this place is horrible. Some very nice people who work there but also some who I wouldnt let empty my trash. Dirty, disorganized and mostly agency works here. Moral is bad, attitudes are bad and staff not very nice to new employees. Orientation program was few days in a room watching tv but no purpose. One nurse who is a male very rude to nurses and a ego maniac. All in all a horrible experience and made me question whether I wanted to remain a nurse or not. New pay rates and a few nice people but the bad out weighs the good.
Pros
Pay is good, benefits seem fair, all the overtime you could want
Cons
See above, mostly agency
Terrible place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNDecember 29, 2016
Beware!! Management doesn't have a clue about anything! They are good to the bad employees and vise versa. If they target you they will use unrealistic reasons to get you in trouble and they break policy and procedure but that's their complaint but they break it constantly. They are unethical, very unrealistic goals, terrible charting, pick on people and change the rules daily and depending on who you are the rules may or may not apply to you.
Pros
Most co-workers
Cons
Management should work the floor and see what it's like
CM (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 30, 2016
A typical work day at work, is productive and educational. Working with this company I value learning something new everyday, as no two working days will ever be the same. The management staff along with my co-workers are very knowledgeable and they are always willing to help. The hardest part of my job is losing someone . The most enjoyable part of my job is watching the recovery process of a patient and being a team player.
Working at Kindred
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2016
I enjoyed my years working at Kindred Hospital. The work/life balance is pretty good. I worked for Kindred in Tampa Fl and Atlanta GA. Management is very friendly and try to help as much as they can.
Pros
Transfer anywhere cross America.
Cons
They recently been bought out in Atlanta Ga.
Not a welcoming environment
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 24, 2016
I worked for the facility for a short period of time. In that time management hired multiple people for one position and within less than 45 days they decided they were not cutting it in the position. The worst part they hired people with no experience and they trained for several weeks so actually they were on there on for really 2 weeks, so how could they catch on when management really did give them the opportunity. So the options are positions that they did not want and all the employees were only there for less than 90 days. As a new employee I did not feel welcomed, I felt like I was intruding in there playground and felt like it each day. I felt uncomfortable and was constantly walking on eggshells because I was wondering if I was next. Be careful it's another person opinion if your not working and you could be demoted especially if they did not like your personality.
Pros
The staff and patients
Cons
Constantly wanting people off the clock, some parts of management and unfriendly environment
Poor place to be employed by.
R.N (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 20, 2016
I started out loving my job, coworkers, leadership. Over the years, the company was poorly managed. Company grew too big, and did not have any idea what was going on at all levels. Kindred was only about making money for the shareholders. All the hospitals were poorly staffed and maintained.
The worst reputation in the healthcare field. I would never, ever put one of my loved ones in ANY one of these so called "hospitals"!
They keep bad employees, and let good one's go!
Pros
Cons
poor management from the top
worst management ever
Unit Clerk/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 24, 2016
I knew there was a problem with management from the first moment I started working at CTRH. They never solved any issue. Whether it was poor patient care or coworkers who were constantly absent or lack of morale; management refused to try to fix any issues. I felt completely helpless. I +uit when my nursing manager said she just didn't care anymore. If management doesn't care why should anyone else?
Pros
it was a paycheck
Cons
cronism. poor management. no accountability
Best place to work if you want to be on disabilty
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kindred, RahwaySeptember 24, 2016
This is the worst healthcare company I have ever worked for. I send just 3 months there. The entire management staff is incompetent especially the CCO. There bed are very old they do not lock so if you want back problems Kindred Rahway is right for you. They also have the CNAs carrying garbage and soil linen around the they are house keeping. The scheduling coordinator who have no degree speaks to license personnel with no respect. at one point the entire nursing staff was sick kindred is dirty, because house keeping never do there job.
Pros
Glad i left
I wouldn't recommend this company
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Loudon, TNJune 16, 2016
There is no job security because anyone who has a dislike of you can call a hotline number and make up anything about you. Management has no clue about who carries the real load in keeping the faculty afloat, and caters to the employees that kiss up to them, regardless of how horribly there job is done. Trust me, do yourself a favor and skip this application.
Pros
Good pay for a small town
Cons
Management is laughable and inept
Busy and hectic place to work at dietary dept.
Cook Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2016
Dietary kitchen department poorly run by current supervisor I performed cooking am and pm cooking also did supervisory duties such as ordering, cafeteria menus, schedules, ordering food. Working with my staff to produce good food for patients and cafeteria.
Pros
Free lunches parking good location
Cons
Some Equipment in kitchen needs replacing, better management, better schedules, better communication with workers.
Active job and enjoyable work place
Laundry/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INAugust 3, 2016
A typical day at work starts with collecting dirty linens to be washed then brought back to the laundry room sorted out to be put in the washing machines. Then when done they are put in big dryers to be dried. When done they are to be folded and put on carts to be taken to the floors storage rooms. When that is all done the dining rooms are to be cleaned and trash taken out.

I learned a lot of different things that will help me in the future on other jobs.

The management was really nice and easy to get along with she helped me out on some of the work until I learned it on my own.

My co-workers was really nice too. The only hardest part of the job was picking up heavy wet linens. The rest of the job was easy.
Pros
15 minute breaks
Cons
working with the elderly
Great company to work for.
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2016
My typical day starts every morning with a 9 a.m. conference call, regarding pending patient admissions.I've learned how to manage my day by prioritizing my work load. The hardest part of the job is getting patients approved by the insurance companies and notifying the patients of the denials.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team with co-workers and management to achieve the necessary goals, in meeting the patients needs and being able to place them in the appropriate healthcare setting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindred Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9