Kindred Healthcare

Kindred Healthcare Employer Reviews

What an experience!
Float-pool LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2014
Pros: experience, money
Cons: adjusting to different locations.
A typical day @ Kindred consisted of bedside patient care for acute patients, many of which were on ventilators. I provided primary care to about 4 patients. This was my first experience with a patient on a ventilator. The management staff and my co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part of this job was being at a different location each time I – more... worked and learning the lay-out of the unit. The most enjoyable part was the overall experience and the pay. – less
fair place to work, not much pressure
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 6, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: long drive to work
Good people to work with.Doctors were easy to talk to and get along with.Flexible schedule with coworker. Just a long drive to work daily.
Benefits were comparable to other facilities
LVN/Telemetry (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXAugust 6, 2014
Pros: kept current with skills
Cons: long hours constantly working occasionally working through breaks
Worked 7a-7p, usually over worked. Skilled nurse usually always had 8-10 patients on critical unit with IV therapy & Vents with multiple medications or tube feedings not allowing enough time for care needed for each patient. Management did not seem up on floor issues. Co-workers were helpful to each other. Trying to find enough time to help each patient. – more... Going home after a long day knowing you had done the best you could. – less
Fun place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Swansea, MAAugust 6, 2014
On a typical day at work I would get my assignment and go to wash my residents, and feed or help with their breakfast and lunch. During any down time I would spend time with the residents and get to know them bring them for walks outside or wheel them through the corridors.
I learned that being a CNA is a hard job but at the end of the day when you – more... see your residents clean and happy , it really fills your heart with joy.
Management was always available if needed.
My Co-workers were pleasant and helpful.
Hardest Part of the job is getting close with these residents and walking in one day to see they have passed.
Most enjoyable part of the job is learning residents past histories and learning about how things use to be back then. Also the joy you feel knowing that your their to help these people. – less
Interesting and enjoyable place to work due to team work.
Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee), Upper Darby, PAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: staff member had your back. doctors worked with the staff.
Cons: short staffed and functioning under unsafe situations. but we staff as i stated worked together.
Working with respirators taught by respiratory department.

The hardest part of the was loosing a patient.
Great Place to work
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee), Rome, GAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: great management, great benefits, they take care of their employees and show appreciation
Cons: when there isnt a full house then they have to cut hours and cancel people :/
Kindred is a great place to work! I learned alot during the time I was employed there.
good learning experience.
Staff RN (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 4, 2014
I have more experience I have worked non-stop since graduation in 1981.
great enviroment
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee), New Britain, CTAugust 2, 2014
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: to many pts per cna
loved my pts and co -workers and wish i didnt have to leave. the nurses ther tought me alot and made me a better cna and my daily rutine was busy but i like busy!at times we had way to many pts so that would be over wellming but we always all worked together and the job would get done!
Good Company
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 2, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: low census
Lack of census was the only bad thing about working with Rehab Care.
You can't fix stupid
RN (Former Employee), Peabody, nassAugust 1, 2014
Cons: too numerous to note if your an ethical competent nurse.
This place offers horrific care to patients with the lowest standards I've ever seen.
Basically they keep patients until their Medicare. Medicaid . Or private insurance runs out.
No matter how ill a patient becomes they will not send the patient to a hospital e.r. For evaluation. The patient will just decline and die.
Standard of care is poor. The nurses – more... don't know better . For many it's their first job. Or nurses are so stupid , and don't know better and likely fired from everywhere else.
If you have experience as a registered nurse in a real hospital you will be so disgusted and in disbelief . I quit midway through the orientation . I saw enough . No way. Not worth getting sued over or losing my license.
Might be okay if you're desperate and need a paycheck, or need a first job and can't get any thing else. But you'll want to quit pretty quickly.
I worked at the Peabody , massachusetts site aka kindred hospital/ Biston north. It used to be peabody hospital . It's not a hospital anymore . It's a horrible nursing home, so called ltach... Minimal care . Very minimal . Very few improve enough to leave. They just keep patients give lousy care and they end up dying there. They never let a pt get evaluated at a real hospital no matter how bad they get. That's just wrong . It's all greed.
Disgusting. – less
Nice place to be
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 29, 2014
Good to work here with the co workers. Day starts with the patient assignments and a whole team of three person and we are work together to give best care to our patient.
The benefits are terrible and the company does not match 401K
Central Business Office Collections Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 26, 2014
Good place to work but is very demanding and can be a little stressful.
Productive workplace
District Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Needham, MAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: great hours
Was a great match for a young family. Very flexible and fast paced work day never dragged!
Worked PRN 2-3 days per week
RN Float nurse, Med/Surg (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 25, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: had to leave because my child was ill.
Patients more critical than typical Med/Surg due to many ventilators and could be heavy work due to large patients with wounds. Good place to work because of very helpful staff and good compensation. Management was helpful.
Enjoyed learning in this setting, Skilled Nursing Facility
Social Services Assistant (Former Employee), Medford, ORJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great team environment
Cons: operating from a daily census
A typical day at work would begin in a morning meeting to staff the daily operations of the facility. I would assist the Social Services Director in anything that he needed. Attend care conferences, work with community partners in all aspects of discharge planning for the residents who were leaving the facility to go home. Management was excellent and – more... so were my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was documenting in the MDS system. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the patients and their families and working as team. – less
Friendly Work Environment w/ Knowledgeable Staff
Physical Therapy Aide/Rehab Tech (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: long lunches. pto
Cons: needs room for advancement
Working for over two years as a Therapy Aide/ Rehab Technician for Kindred Healthcare has taught me useful skills that will benefit me in future positions in the healthcare field. I am thankful for this opportunity and would recommend this position to anyone who is interested in the Rehab field.
It's a good hospital to work for, skills wise
Med Surge Nurse (Current Employee), Kindred Hospital in Fort Woth, Tx.July 24, 2014
Work at kindred is fine. You can gain a lot of skills there. Patients are sometimes difficult to please.
Productive and fun workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Oakland, CAJuly 23, 2014
Helping residents with there every need and activities of daily living.
Diverse and Friendly Workplace
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 23, 2014
Kindred has very friendly employees. The work load can get tough at times. The most enjoyable part is seeing patients that you have worked with get better and leave the hospital.
fun work place
Payroll Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee), Quincy, MAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: i worked by myself independently, own office, and yes free lunch
Cons: not consistent with hiring administrators
The facility I worked for which was Quincy Rehab is a great place, enjoyed my co-workers and the residents. Benefits were ok, nursing staff great!

About Kindred Healthcare

The word "kindred" has many meanings, including allied, similar and family. We believe the name reflects our business – Read more

Kindred Healthcare Photos