Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 1,603 reviews matching the search
great place to learn
LPN (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 29, 2017
you will learn a lot here. it is understaffed sometimes so i can be stressful. fast paced, great coworkers. management is great as well. I've had a very great experience here. would recommend to others.
June 1, 2017

We are happy you shared your positive experience with us. Our employees are at the core of our mission!

Productive workplace
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2017
I have worked at many different facilities within this particular healthcare system, and they all have the same mission; Quality Patient Care.

I enjoy working at Kindred Healthcare because everyone is a family; you become family with the patients and their family members.

Everyone has the same goal in mind, get the patients to their next step in post acute care. We care for our patients very much and that's why they return to us. That's apart of being a family.
Pros
Working together for a common good
Cons
30 mins for lunch while working 12 hr shifts, not enough PCA coverage
June 1, 2017

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you sharing your positive feedback with us.

I Loved working there
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 26, 2017
I loved working at Kindred, however it is hard work and low pay. I enjoyed working with the very sick patients, but nurse to patient ratio is very hig
May 28, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

not a heathy environment to work for
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAMay 26, 2017
Very high equity patient needs, for the patient ratio of 9-10, not have enough time to do job at a proper setting. Short on equipment at times, management sometimes are understanding though.
May 28, 2017

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience working with us. We value all employee feedback and utilize it to support our mission. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com. Providing your contact information will help expedite our communication. As an alternative, you may call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412, choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

Fast pace, high equity, poor staffing ratios.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sycamore, ILMay 26, 2017
Fast paced, high equity, poor staffing ratios. Orientation process was fair. Some nurses require longer orientations but are forced to take full patient assignments, not safe patient care.
May 28, 2017

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience working with us. We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of caring for our patients and residents. If you would like to share more about your experiences, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com. Providing your contact information will help expedite our communication. As an alternative, you may call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412, choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

Productive and energetic environment
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 26, 2017
Working at Kindred, is exciting there is always something new going on. We have the ability to learn and experience something new on a daily basis, there is new a dull moment. I've learned that team work plays a huge role with how things function.

Dark deep black hole
HOUSE SUPERVISOR AND UNIT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 25, 2017
Working as a staff nurse with 1 resident after 5 enabled me to become very efficient in running codes- most pts had no place to go so they were stuck on a vent for the rest of their lives, it was a sad place to work but we did the best we could to help these patients. When I started there it was a new hospital and we made it a great place to work, as time passed we were unable to staff the hospital. I reluctantly got into management and was unable to change the atmosphere so I went agency and started to work for Nortons Hospital.
Just really wasn't cut out for management.
Pros
good pay-benefits
Cons
staff- always working short handed.
May 28, 2017

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience. Our employees play an important role in helping Kindred deliver quality. If you would like to share more about your experiences, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com. Providing your contact information will help expedite our communication. As an alternative, you may call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412, choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

Lack of communication from management.
Nurse Technician/ Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 25, 2017
Bottom line is it's an every man for himself kind of job. Kindred has a hard time keep employees because management sucks. I've personally seen doctors get frustrated because multiple orders had been ignored.
Pros
Some nurses really took me under their wing and taught me alot about the hospital.
Cons
Management played the blame game alot.
May 26, 2017

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience working with us. We value all feedback and understand our employees are the heart of our company. Providing your contact information will help expedite our communication, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com As an alternative, you may call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412, if you choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns. Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Great staff and surroundings is clean with a small garden
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDMay 25, 2017
Staff took their time to take care of residents and very little stress when dealing with residents. Management was always busy but willing to have activities for residents and special events outside even for staff.
Pros
Friendly staff, great residents, management was fun
Cons
Workmen's comp, always short on hours
May 26, 2017

We are happy you shared your positive experience with us. We are honored by your service.

Great opportunity for collaboration with team
Occupational Therapist MSOTR/L (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAMay 24, 2017
Working in large buildings gave me more teammates to enjoy and learn from. The team was fun and supportive, always willing to guide and help the newer therapists.

Friendly atmosphere
SAP BW Consultant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 24, 2017
Company was OK, There are always some managers that are not at their best that require coaching. People are friendly but there is red tape around approaching the business.
June 1, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Great experience and amazing staff that works together
Registered Nurse (Med/Surge) (Current Employee) –  Havertown, PAMay 23, 2017
highly rewarding job with great people to work with and willing to help you out when you need it, scheduling is great, management is very willing to help out with your workload. Sometimes the nurse to patient ratio can get a little hectic but with a great team that is working with you, it makes the job possible and worthwhile.
Pros
free lunches, free coffee
Cons
nurse to patient ratio, no phlebotomy team, documentation system
May 26, 2017

We appreciate your thoughtful words. We know this special calling requires special people, and we’re glad you’re here.

Wonderful company to work for.
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 23, 2017
Kindred Healthcare takes care of their employees and is always looking for extra benefits to offer. Large company with opportunities in each business line.

The acquisition of Gentiva has been met with some bumps but is a solid company.
Pros
People
Cons
Lack of communication
May 26, 2017

Very good benefits and balanced work load
Director of Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 23, 2017
Enjoyed working at Kindred for almost 10 years. The culture of the organization was weak, not much emphasis put on this. Management was good and benefits were excellent.
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
Lacking a good culture
May 24, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Enjoyed working with the Patients and Nurses
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCMay 23, 2017
Enjoyed communication with patients and nurses and Doctors. Over all a good place to work and I got a lot of new experiences work for a Home Health and with the nursers on a day to day bases. I also got new experiences with doing payroll and uploading Doctors order in computer and doing followup on orders that had not been sent back. Did a lot of work on the Medicare and Medicaid web site. Working with the VA on orders.
Pros
Lunches from Doctors offices
Cons
No breaks
May 24, 2017

We appreciate you sharing your positive experience working on our team.

Great company to work for very fair to their employees.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Barrington, MAMay 22, 2017
Only worked with this company for a year. I really enjoyed feeling like I made a difference in people's life . Everyone was very helpful if u needed help doing your required job.
Pros
Very fulfilling job
Cons
Hard work
May 24, 2017

We appreciate you sharing your positive experience working on our team.

Horrible Experience, Terrible place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2017
My experience was terrible from day 1. Unfriendly Management & staff, unorganized, & unprofessional. Cancelled often, I do not recommend this company.
Pros
Pay, Free Meals
Cons
Management, Staff, Cancelled Often
May 24, 2017

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience working with us. We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of caring for our patients. Providing your contact information will help expedite our communication, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com As an alternative, you may call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412, if you choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns. Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

good place to gain experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 22, 2017
Great place to gain experience, and learn hands-on. Work with a large community of medically complex patients. Learn to multitask in a very busy environment. Management is great and supportive
May 24, 2017

Did not like working for this company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 22, 2017
This company is not the company I thought it was when I began to work there. I would work by myself or Just with 2 aides with 65 residents. the environment was hostile and management did not do there job.
Pros
money
Cons
healthcare, no breaks, always short
May 24, 2017

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience working with Kindred. We value all feedback and utilize it to support our mission. Providing your contact information will help expedite our communication, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com As an alternative, you may call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412, to remain anonymous and report your concerns. Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Stable job but no room to grow
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 21, 2017
Good work environment, and found a great team to work with. However, the company is obviously focused on budget goals and that is priority above patient care. First four years I didn't receive a raise and was below average market value but new management fixed the issue and made wages competitive.
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
Budget focused
May 24, 2017

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience while working with us. We embrace a diverse workforce and understand that our employees are critical to our success in upholding our mission. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to further discuss your concerns. Providing your contact information will help expedite our communication and help direct operational change. As an alternative, you may call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412, if you choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindred Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval