Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,260 reviews matching the search
productive fun work place
Food Services Aide / Cafeteria / Cook (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 17, 2016
schedule out on time with management a plus, all co-workers get along and good communication with everyone. learned the therapeutic diets. everything is easy about the job if you apply to it and set our mind to it.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
n/a
Wonderful Co-workers/team
PRN Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 17, 2016
A perfect place to gain valuable knowledge and experience as a Sonographer. These patients have special needs and complicated health issues. The staff works well together and helps new employees grow. I am very happy with Kindred hospital, however I have been hired as a PRN sonographer and need more hours/ full time employment.
Its good
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 16, 2016
Got report from the previous shift, did vitals/turns, charted, served 1st meal, coworkers are awesome, management is a work in progress, loved the patients
I wouldn't recommend this company
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Loudon, TNJune 16, 2016
There is no job security because anyone who has a dislike of you can call a hotline number and make up anything about you. Management has no clue about who carries the real load in keeping the faculty afloat, and caters to the employees that kiss up to them, regardless of how horribly there job is done. Trust me, do yourself a favor and skip this application.
Pros
Good pay for a small town
Cons
Management is laughable and inept
Furfilling and satisfying workplace with different activities for the enjoyment of the clients
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, OHJune 15, 2016
This was a good workplace with supportive management and pleasant employees. The families were caring and residents were involved for the most part. My day was always different and busy, but exciting. My co-workers were very nice.
awful location to work
Prn Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2016
Despised Atlanta location. Didn't receive an orientation. Patient to nurse ratios were crazy for the type of patients there. No phlebotomy. Unclean. Unorganized. Not enough pay for the abuse .Didn't work there long enough to really have an experience with the ceo.
Pros
theres always hours to pick up
Cons
poorly managed
very nice place to work for!
pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2016
volunteered unpaid externship, lots of fun, super nice managers, friendly co-workers, excellent place to learn at inpatient pharmacy.
Pros
good meals
Cons
no open position at the moment!
Very Productive and nice people to be around
RESPIRATORY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAJune 10, 2016
A typical day at work for me would be : I did one to one rounds as i took report to make sure every patient is alive, I went suction my patients gave them respiratory treatment as I started weaning patient who need to be off ventilator, it could be some off them placed on TM with oxygen, or some off the patients who were weaning over night needed to go back on mechanically ventilated machine to have airway protected . I drawn blood for arterial blood gas on patients and consult with the pulmonologist to be analysed . I performed chest physical therapy on patient that had hard time with respiratory muscle to expel mucous from their lungs. Team work is the key when working with my co workers, which has helped to make the job easy and enjoyable. I worked in critical setting for patients with asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and other lung related conditions. With the help of our medical professionals I can help out to make my patient comfortable to some degree in live but to a not definitely cure.
Pros
We worked as a team and kept patients satisfied
Cons
not answering the call light on time
ICU staff was great
EKG Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 7, 2016
The staff helped me to be very efficient and effective at my job. Charge Nurses were very knowledgeable and professional.
Great in house staff, bad cooperate management
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAJune 7, 2016
Nice facility to work in. Great team work and in house staff. Kindred Admissions cooperate Department likes to micro manage. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new residents.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
seems as if cooperate is only concerned about bottom line number and not patient appropriateness, high turnover rate with in house staff.
Not a good place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJune 7, 2016
Benefits on good. Over work staff and don't care about staff and patients. Pay not good. Staff does not work well together
It was a good place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Carmel, IndianaJune 6, 2016
I learned a lot while I was there. Overall it was ok and the staff was friendly and very helpful. I loved the residents, they were the reason I kept coming to work!
Lovable job and very learnable to life
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 5, 2016
Assisting clients with there daily living
I learned how to assist a client with dementia
Management was great
Co workers were great
Hardest part was the challenge
Patient care only
CNA (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 2, 2016
Didnt really fit in just felt like the care for the patients was not as important to the staff like it should have been seems like they didnt take there jobs as serious as they should have
Awsome Company & Great Boss!
District Admin Assistant to Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 31, 2016
I would do it all over again! During my experience with Kindred Healthcare, I was able to discover my ability to handle a huge level of responsibility on an executive level.
Conflict in management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INMay 29, 2016
There is no teamwork. Employees run the place with no real guidelines enforced by management. It's a very difficult place to work with no proper structure.
Pros
Come and go as you please.
Cons
They promise things and don't stand behind their word
Poor screening/assessment of patients, lack of communication
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CA 91706May 28, 2016
typical day at work would be non-stressful, i've learned a lot on my previous wok, management is undergoing restaffing. co-workers loves to eat. hardest part of the job is continuous of care for patients. enjoyable is at the end of the day, i established sense of accomplishment.
Good Learning Experience
Ct. Director of Staff Development/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 25, 2016
I worked as a Director of Staff Development in Oakland, California and was asked to transfer to Stamford, Connecticut to "clean house" because the Connecticut facility was in trouble with the State.

My Executive Director highly recommend me for the job and I did not mind relocating because my Facility was very stable and my staff members were very competent.

I decided to remain in Connecticut because my entire family lives out here.

I managed 97 employees at the Oakland facility and in Stamford 70.

Kindred was the kind of employer that gave you an opportunity to grow within the company. They offered a lot of support as far as education goes.
Pros
Opportunity to Grow in Company
Loved this job
RN Float Nurse in Med/ Surg & ICU (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40204May 25, 2016
I worked prn 8-10 days per month. It was great to have a flexible schedule. Patient load was heavy at times but we all pitched in and it got done. I floated to many areas which added a variety to the work.
Pros
Great people to work with. Flexible schedule.
Cons
Had to quit when pregnant and on bed rest r/t pre-eclampsia.
Typical work day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMay 24, 2016
I would work the register at times, clean my zone of the store that assigned to me at the beginning of my shift, help customers when needed, and stocked for a little bit.

2.9