Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews

over load of pts to nursing department
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 6, 2017
not reliable , would not recommend to work there , pay wise is a fair place , poor management and favoritism, lac of professionalism from supervisor and nursing department
December 7, 2017

We do not wish for any employee experience to be a negative one. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to talk to you about your experience. Or you may call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns.

Pharmacy Technician
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 5, 2017
I worked PRN hours every other Weekend at Kindred via Pharmerica. Kindred paid me a very low wage. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and being useful in my community. Unfortunately, Kindred would not budge with the low pay and working 8 hours every other week was not enough money for a side job. I filled in and and helped out when I could when I wasn't on my full time job. When I resigned, I typed a letter and sent it to Pharmerica and Kindred. Apparently, it was not good enough for Kindred and they flagged me(bad reference). I wouldn't work for Kindred again. I like being a Pharmacy Technician and have enjoyed working in the field.
Pros
Coworkers, Patients
Cons
Low Wages
December 7, 2017

We value all feedback, good or bad, and strongly believe that our employees are the heart of our company. Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to talk through your concerns. Or you may choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412.

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Comment – December 8, 2017

Thank You Joy, I appreciate you commenting on my post. I will be emailing you.

Good work place
Marketing/Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 5, 2017
A good company to work for, pay and benefits were very good. Also a good sales and marketing training provided. Good team to work with. and they are an excellent hospital in patient vent weaning.
December 6, 2017

We’re glad you had a great experience working with us. We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

Please take this two-minute survey to share your experience and allow us to continue to provide the best support to our Kindred team members. http://www.questionpro.com/t/ALUdMZaH9I

Great People
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 5, 2017
The people at kindred were the best I ever worked with.they all became my friends and I loved it. Work seemed so easy when your with people who like you.Yes the place had a lot of negative things going on mostly due to the fact that management and corporation is under a lot of pressure to keep these poor patients alive and they get very little support from our goverment. I wish I could have kept my job there as I think god was helping me realize what really matters in life.Those patients suffer some much because of their injuries and sickness. I felt i was making a diffence and it felt good. Real good.
Pros
People at Kindred
Cons
Corporation compromised by reimbursement
December 6, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. We value every piece of feedback we receive and we know it takes time out of your busy day to complete.

closed
OR Circulating Nurse (Former Employee) –  KansasDecember 5, 2017
south Kansas city location has closed
what can I say, its for profit hospital, the people are great , the patients are great, management is ridiculous, its job, not the best, not the worst.
December 6, 2017

Would you be willing to share your experience in more detail? I can be reached at experience@kindred.com.

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Fun working place with various activities to entertain residents
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85012December 4, 2017
I ejoyed teamwork. I appreciated learning culture of the campany.I enjoyed transformational leadership.Enjoyed helping people in need. i created a strong network with people who heplped to achieve my career goals.
Pros
Teamwork, innovation
December 6, 2017

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you sharing feedback with us.

Would you be willing to share more about your experience? It will only take two minutes, but the impact of sharing your successes with future employees is priceless! http://www.questionpro.com/t/ALUdMZaH9I

For Profit Hospital
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 4, 2017
When working for a For profit Hospital you are run by census and number of patients. As a staffing coordinator I was required to staff according to the number of patients and intensity of their care. But when budget did not meet need patient safety and nurse care was compromised.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
budget dictated all work.
December 6, 2017

Thank you for sharing. To ensure your concerns are heard and to serve future employees better, it’s important for us to talk to you more about your experience. I am available at experience@kindred.com so we can talk in detail.

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

laid back job with good hours
Phlebotomist (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 4, 2017
typical day was doing morning draws for the providers. it was my intern for Medical assistant. I learned a lot about being in the medical field with this job. I was able to learn how to even draw blood, how to have a good bed side manner with patients, how to do certain lab tests in the lab area. the hardest part of the job was seeing the sickest patients being miserable. the most enjoyable was being able to connect with the patients in a good way.
Pros
hours of your shift, having cafetria in the hospital, parking on the campus, small hospital, nice nurses
Cons
short breaks
December 6, 2017

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. Please consider sharing your experience with friends who are looking for a career in healthcare!

There are many locations included in the corporation.
Contractor/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 3, 2017
Most important to understand the culture of the healthcare system varies considerable by location. I worked in IT at the corporate office. Was part of a dedicated, hard-working, caring team. The work was very challenging but the team spirit made all the difference.
December 4, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate your sharing feedback with us.

Kindred is a rewarding experience
medical staff (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHDecember 3, 2017
Taking care of individuals in a fast paced environment. It was a great learning employment opportunity. Great for individuals to gain experience with all medical issues
December 4, 2017

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you sharing feedback with us.

Don't apply there!!
RN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 2, 2017
RUN!!!!DON'T look back! Nurses are not very nice and click to their group with their Charge Nurses. Nurses bring food everyday for themselves and if you don't do what they do, you are outsider and they make you want to quit. The doctors don't respect nurses and the administration couldn't care.Compensation well below the other hospital with their so called ICU units. Other hospitals pay 52-58 dollars/hr but kindred only 41/hr. Very high turn over of NURSES!
Pros
good for nothing if you are in between jobs
Cons
low pay, Bosses don't care about your concern. If you quit, they put you on non-come back status.
December 4, 2017

We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of properly caring for our patients and residents. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience working with us. Would you be willing to reach out to me with more details? If so, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you prefer to remain anonymous.

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Not a place to work if you enjoy more and more responsibilities and huge patient loads for pay that actually decreases over time
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  KindredDecember 1, 2017
Worked for this organization for years. Started off great until our annual 2.5% max pay increase decreased to 1%. More and more responsibilities were added to the workloads decreasing patient bedside time without any compensation. It was impossible to finish your assignments and take your mandatory 30 min uninterrupted lunch and breaks with only one or two other busy coworkers covering up to 14+ patients each. No one will cover especially management.
My colleagues were the best part of the job because we had to work extra hard as a unit to get through the shift. Needless to say, we were always beat down by the stress and never recognized for our efforts. This place is all about saving money regardless if it would benefit patients. Injuries did occur due to the work and some of us lost our insurance/benefits because we were threatened to return to work against medical advice. I quit because of this exact reason and the mental stress/pressure was so intense where I would lose sleep and had to go on medications.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Always understaffed, employee turnover rate was horrible, Workload, lowball pay, no advancement, favoritism, stress, pressure, crowded patient rooms
December 3, 2017

Nice place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 26, 2017
Working with long term acute patients on ventilators or on dialysis or transplant recipients. Lots of lifting and turning. Lots of suctioning of trachs and trach care.
Pros
Different types of patients than working long term care facilities
Cons
staffing on holidays
November 28, 2017

Decent workplace
Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHNovember 25, 2017
Stressful, I learned an enormous amount about different ways to communicate with people and their family members. The management was decent, no real problems there.
November 27, 2017

We are happy you shared your experience with us. Our employees are the center of our mission – we couldn’t do it without you!

My work place is good and I loved working
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  1400 Imperial HighwayNovember 22, 2017
I love my job very much because I've been working here for 10 years and I get along with co-workers we're like family, I like my work hours because it's very flexible with my time they work with me very well
Pros
My commute is very reasonable
Cons
My hours have been cut short
November 24, 2017

We’re glad you have had a great experience with us. Our employees truly are at the center of our mission.

stressfull
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85012November 21, 2017
typical day is stressful. Good management that provided assistance when needed. Great place to learn. Good nursing team The hardest part of my job is working understaff. I enjoyed the work environment, advancement opportunity and the pay.
Pros
opportunity growth
Cons
high level of stress
November 22, 2017

Poor management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 20, 2017
Extremely poor management. Low moral, more worried about how much they profit than the care of their patients. CNO was biased and there was a lot of favoritism.
November 21, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience as an employee of Kindred. We hope you will consider talking further with our team. We consider your concerns as crucial for our current and future employees. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you may remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412.

Kindred
Director of Nursing Services (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 20, 2017
Excellent place to work. Very understanding positive reinforcements along the way. I joined Kindred and with the excellent support from my regional consultant, I was able to grow both professional and personally.
November 21, 2017

We are happy you shared your positive experience with us. Our employees are the center of our mission – we couldn’t do it without you!

Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 19, 2017
I am a returned employee at Kindred Kansas City south. Over all culture in Kindred is positive. My manager and my CCO nothing but great and outstanding human being, they supported me through difficult time, encouraged and guide me through. I enjoyed going to work knowing that I am working with individuals that know what doing and treat like family.
November 21, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are honored by your service!

Corporation lied to all employees
HUC (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 18, 2017
Staff was like family. Kindred bought our hospital and within 2 years created such s stressful environment it was hard to go to work. Then they left the area and left us without jobs after months of lieing to us about moving to s new site. An evil, money hungry company that gives the medical field a bad name.
Pros
Majority of regular staff were great
Cons
Corporate involvement
November 20, 2017

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindred Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.