Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 1,469 reviews matching the search
the worst
STNA (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, OHFebruary 3, 2017
in worked at this place before kindred healthcare took over, back then it was great. when kindred came in it went totally down hill. fulltime used to get 80 hr biweekly now you only get 75hrs biweekly. the turnover rate is very high at this place when I was there we went through 3 directors, 3 asst directors, 4 Directors of nursing, a boat load of unit managers. we constantly work short staffed to were it was 16 patients to 1 stna. I worked at the place for 10 years and had to say enough was enough.
Pros
devolping family like relationships with the residents you take care of
Cons
high turnover rate, always working short staffed
Poor place to be employed by.
R.N (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 20, 2016
I started out loving my job, coworkers, leadership. Over the years, the company was poorly managed. Company grew too big, and did not have any idea what was going on at all levels. Kindred was only about making money for the shareholders. All the hospitals were poorly staffed and maintained.
The worst reputation in the healthcare field. I would never, ever put one of my loved ones in ANY one of these so called "hospitals"!
They keep bad employees, and let good one's go!
Pros
Cons
poor management from the top
Nursing Review
LVN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2016
This company is encompassed with highly skilled nursing staff. The staffing is not feasible but could be easily critiqued through a more open approach.
Pros
Impeccable Nurses
Cons
Low pay and benefits
pleasent co-workers good people in the field
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 1, 2017
good workers, wonderful hospice aides, some lack of communication which made field work difficult at times with some duties remaining undone or not done in a timely manner. Wonderful nurses to work with, sadly management not, very organized and sweet HR nurse and Social workers,
Pros
the patients and families
Cons
poor communication between office and field
Good Community Hospital
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Havertown, PADecember 26, 2016
The management worked to make the workplace as efficient as possible. This often resulted in staff being called off to maintain the minimum staff needed based upon patient population. As a result, the workday is busy and without much downtime.
Many of the nursing staff are new to the field.
Overall, a good place to learn acute care and vent and trach management as well as vent weaning.
Busy and hectic place to work at dietary dept.
Cook Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2016
Dietary kitchen department poorly run by current supervisor I performed cooking am and pm cooking also did supervisory duties such as ordering, cafeteria menus, schedules, ordering food. Working with my staff to produce good food for patients and cafeteria.
Pros
Free lunches parking good location
Cons
Some Equipment in kitchen needs replacing, better management, better schedules, better communication with workers.
Terrible Place to Work
Staff (Former Employee) –  RahwayMarch 14, 2016
Typical day consist of having 5 to 6 patients. Excessive amounts of redundant paper charting. Med pass. Constant badgering of family calling at all times demanding updates which interferes with your care because you're on the phone for a large amount of time. The way unit is designed, you're constantly moving beds to receive patients. We work 12 hours shifts but still not enough time to complete work. Reprimanded if you stay pass your time by management and staffing coordinator constantly questioning why we're late getting out. Short staffing. Lots of callouts.
Management never help out but are quick to blame staff. Constantly hiring new staff because no one stays for a period of time. Have gone through several Nurse Managers, Clinical Officers and CEOs. Staff nurses looking for better opportunities and leaving when they find one.
On top of it all the benefits are bad -insurance high deductible for single (1500) and family (3000) must be satisfied before they pay the 80%. Raises are a joke if you get one. Evaluations done and you don't get compensated for almost a year after.
Just not a good company to work for overall. They say they promote quality care and are concerned, but the bottom line is about the dollars.
Pros
Some of the staff
Cons
Benefits and staff appreciation
CM (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 30, 2016
A typical work day at work, is productive and educational. Working with this company I value learning something new everyday, as no two working days will ever be the same. The management staff along with my co-workers are very knowledgeable and they are always willing to help. The hardest part of my job is losing someone . The most enjoyable part of my job is watching the recovery process of a patient and being a team player.
Great People
Staffing Coordinator/Payroll Processor/HR Contact (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2016
A typical day at work was always eventful, some events better than others. I worked with great people. I feel the management could have been more supportive in certain areas. I learned to always trust but verify information. Follow-up is key in any situation. The hardest part of the job was juggling the employees needs and wants regarding scheduling and time off. The most enjoyable part of the job was when our goals were met after the teams hard work.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
inconsistencies in management
Great group of employees
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLJanuary 16, 2017
This too was a very busy place to work filling LTAC beds, I was getting info from 4 CL's and multiple hospitals. I had worked for the CEO before so it was an honor for him to ask me to work for him again. I had worked with some of the CL's in the past too so it was exciting to work with good employees.
Pros
a lot of outside activities
Cons
The CEO I like working for was let go
Always learning something new
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 25, 2016
Being a long term acute care hospital, I have seen a variety of patients from all walks of life requiring varying levels of care. I have learned how to provide and manage the care of patients with tracheotomies, on mechanical ventilation, high risk IV drug infusions, negative pressure wound therapy devices, central lines, and various stages of wounds. Most days are stressful, but I knew I could ask any one of my coworkers for assistance whenever it was needed. Personally, the hardest part of this job was dividing my time evenly among my patients. More complex patients require more time, and those who are more independent do not need my physical presence as often, however that does not mean they do not have similar psychosocial needs. I have enjoyed all of the patients and coworkers that have taught me so much - not just in the field of nursing but in life itself.
productive
Maintenance and Driver (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAFebruary 5, 2017
working with the staff is a good experience and support from the management is good , working for a part time is like working as a full time because they give loots of working hours
I loved my job.
Chief Clinical Officer of 70-bed facility (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLDecember 30, 2016
Great job with internal promotion strongly advocated for. Lots of growth for me personally. I was always busy doing purposeful things and impacting lives of others. Loved my coworkers and leadership team.
Pros
Frequent travel
Cons
Lot of responsibility
Poor
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 8, 2016
I am very thankful they gave me my nursing start. very poor job culture. no true leadership. no compensation. nursing is the lowest paid in Cleveland. the upside is you will see alot of different things will add to nursing expierence.
Horrible place to work.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 11, 2017
The worst part of this job is being belittled by supervising nurse staff. Management staff are rude and down right mean to floor staff. The shifts are poorly staffed leaving nursing and aides with too many patients to care for. Overall, great place to potentially lose your nursing license.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Overworked
Best place to work if you want to be on disabilty
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kindred, RahwaySeptember 24, 2016
This is the worst healthcare company I have ever worked for. I send just 3 months there. The entire management staff is incompetent especially the CCO. There bed are very old they do not lock so if you want back problems Kindred Rahway is right for you. They also have the CNAs carrying garbage and soil linen around the they are house keeping. The scheduling coordinator who have no degree speaks to license personnel with no respect. at one point the entire nursing staff was sick kindred is dirty, because house keeping never do there job.
Pros
Glad i left
Challenging Rewarding Work
Senior Instructional Designer/Video Training (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 26, 2016
A great work environment with coworkers willing to share their expertise in order to create the best possible training/eLearning.
Pros
Work life balance/ creative environment
Cons
Concern for the stability of the company
Nursing Home Care
Staff Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 4, 2017
A typical day included orienting new employees. Management and staff was a rotating door. Co-workers were afraid to report anything for fear of their job. The hardest part of the job was you could never tell the truth about the care. The residents are always the best part about a nursing home.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Poor managers
Keep on Looking
lpn (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INMarch 2, 2017
They only take the worst patients .. and staffing is terrible .. because they take only the worst patients. Company is for sale .. no room for advancement. Patients stay in bed if not enough staff .. Very sad
Pros
plenty of hours if you can handle it
Cons
Patient acuity and patient load, ... no help from anyone
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 15, 2017
This is a great company to work for, and especially if you are looking for room for advancement. The company has locations everywhere, so if you want to relocate you can.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindred Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9