Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,179 reviews matching the search
Not a great place to work, but it's a job.
JLL Plant Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Clear Lake, TXJanuary 11, 2016
Daily duties are increased daily. Appreciation is minimum. Money is all that matters to them, not people. The CEO's are actually administrators that let the title cloud their grip on reality.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
bad treatment
At the Manor
Registered Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 7, 2016
Working at Kindred Rose Manor in Durham, NC has been a great experience with working with a diverse team. The team works together to ensure residents and staff are well taking care of. Hardest part of my job is dealing with residents with high demands and non-adherence to diet restrictions. The most enjoyable part of my job is creating dietary and staffing events which promotes a fun atmosphere. I have learned a lot from my employees and residents as a RD at Kindred Rose Manor that I can take anywhere!
Cons
Manager on Duty
Good facility to learn and provide quality care to patients.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 4, 2016
Working here has been rewarding in learning new skills and providing quality care to patients and families. The facility is very clean and I was provided with adequate supplies. Team nursing is implemented which includes 1 RN, 1 LPN, 1 CNA for max of 10 patients per team.
Pros
Great nurses
Cons
High acuity
Good environment
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 29, 2015
I liked working at Kindred Hospital in Hollywood. It was a very good experience working and interacting with different people.
great place to work.
Kindred Hospital of South Atlanta (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 27, 2015
love the hours, staff is very helpful, patients and family are very understanding, managers are always their when you need them.
Pros
great staff
Cons
long drive from home.
Horrible management
Director of Nursing Services (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 26, 2015
Want you to work for hours on end and blame it on a "salaried position". Compensation for salaried employee sounds fair until you work 80 hours a week for your salary. Corporate administration does NOTHING to help with poor culture in buildings although they are well aware of problems. Training is non-existent. Employees are not treated the same. Would never recommend this company you'd like to keep your license. Worked in fear of my job everyday.
Pros
Cons
Poor communication, high expectations
Awful
nurse (Former Employee) –  Rahway, NJDecember 25, 2015
Terrible place to work management is clueless. They really have no idea what goes on. To busy to even get a break. Benefits are terrible. Paper charting is ancient! It's just ghetto.
completed my internship here
Materials Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 23, 2015
I completed my internship here prior to my graduation.

I truly learned a lot about the healthcare industry. I know there is still SO much to learn, but Kindred was a good "foot in the door" opportunity for me to continue my education in health care.
Time management is definitely a factor
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 18, 2015
A typical day would consist of having 8-16 patients some having to be turned every two hours. Checking their vitals daily, bathing, and grooming. Some patients are continent of bowel and bladder, some require assistance walking to the bathroom. There was very little team work among my co-workers and management would do very little to resolve the staff from working short or making an individual accountable for not carrying their own weight. The hardest part of my job would be to loose a patient due to their illness overcoming them. The most enjoyable part of my job would be bring peace of mind to my patients and their family members. I learned that all patients want to be treated with respect, and dignity by all staff members..
Pros
At the end of the day I had self satisfaction with a job well done
Cons
Not all rules applied to everyone
Clinical Rotation
nursing student (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 17, 2015
With this being my very first rotation in nursing, I enjoyed the experience because of the cases that I received. The workload was not heavy and the environment was very friendly.
Friendly place to work.
Clinical Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 14, 2015
We have a great team at Kindred Chicago North. I believed in our mission to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve.
Sometimes we cook out during pharmacy week
Certified Pharmacy Technician/IV Certified (Former Employee) –  Sugarland, TexasDecember 10, 2015
Assist the pharmacist in the daily activities. Receive supplies from drug companies and arrange it accordingly. Maintain good drug inventory.Compound medications by using all the sterile methods.
nice co workers
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 9, 2015
I worked 3 days a week of 12 hour shifts. it is a very fast paced place to work and a lot of hands on. doctors can be moody at times but also very caring and friendly. a lot of patents so you didn't get a lot of help from co workers. sometimes getting days off was hard they always needed help on the floor.
Pros
time went fast
Cons
not much help on the floor.
Hospital 3rd floor
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 5, 2015
Kindred Hospital was the worst experience of my career. I worked on the third floor and the DON was awful. The patients are too sick to be there and should be in an actual hospital. The respiratory staff had some that were there for way too long and didn't care about the patients anymore. I felt like my license was constantly on the line every day that I accepted an assignment.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Terrible working environment, DON and too many chiefs.
Fast paced environment, self motivated sales and customer service
Clinical Liaison (Current Employee) –  NorthwestDecember 3, 2015
Facilitate referrals through customer contacts and professional presentation of facility compentencies. Manage relationship with all customers and provide excellent service and management.
A terrific job, with a lot of customer contact and professional pride in management of customer expectations. My partner in this role provided all support and coordination of our services - we covered each other on a regular basis and shared our bonus equally. The most difficult part of this job has been the management, the most enjoyable has been the customers.
Pros
client contact, relationship building, independant work, flexible schedule
Cons
managment, promises made and broken, lack of appreciation for employees
you can learn alot ,but very challenging.
Externship (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 3, 2015
i never worked there as an employee but i heard its a great place to work. i know you can learn a lot from kindred hospital and when leave you can use those experience in your future career.
Pros
you have to bring your own lunch.
Cons
i do not know about their breaks because i only did externship there.
Staff Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHNovember 30, 2015
I have been there 6 years with no plans to leave. Love the residents and my co-workers. Plenty of opportunity to grow within the company since they are located in 42 states and are the largest provider of home health services.
Pros
Grill available for lunch
Cons
Health Insurance could be better
Great learning experience
Unit Secretary/ CNA (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXNovember 27, 2015
I learned how to do data entry among other things. I was able to advance with this company very quickly and I loved it. I worked with great co-worker's and had a blast.
Workplace that is very productive and fun to be part of the company
Nurse's Aide/Clerical/Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 23, 2015
Work place that is very fun to work for with supportive management. It is not about numbers of people on the job but quality of work and excellent interpersonal skills
Pros
Free turkeys during thanksgiving season
Cons
healthcare that most hospitals do not support
fast pace job with team work and focus
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CANovember 23, 2015
Every day I come into work at the nursing station with a check list full of my daily assignments. I constantly answer phones and assist family members or patients. Doctors order labs, x-rays, and ultrasounds; I call them in order it. I gather vital signs and prepare them for the doctors. I also have daily audits and data entry for each patient. Most enjoyable part of my job is to work as a team with the nurses and being a part of something important. I have gained lots of experience here and still learning so much.
Pros
Being a part of Medicla Records, having my own desk
Cons
Not being able to work more hours