Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 1,547 reviews matching the search
A different experience
Administration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2017
I enjoyed working in a hospital . I strongly believe in great service to patients and their families. I loved building relationships with other employees.
Pros
Some great staff members
Cons
Life
Overall Great Workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 23, 2017
A typical day at work take patients vitals and blood sugars make sure everyone felt comfortable, routine baths mornings had evens and nights had odds. stock patients rooms with necessities and stock PPE. Weights on Tuesdays.
Pros
This compnay gave me a chance in hospital experience when no one else did, great company, awesome staff and teamwork
Cons
No free food.
Professional Nursing
Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INMarch 21, 2017
Decent place to work, average with work/life balance. Corporate management does not seem to know what front line management does. They certainly do not have a culture of positivity in the work place. No raises for many years in a row.
Pros
Decent with work/life balance
Cons
Micromanaging, no room for advancement, benefits are expensive and lack coverage.
Down Home Culture not ideal for profitability
Corporate Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 21, 2017
Headwinds in the industry have been hard for all players in the industry. The company at large has a decent culture though. Sometimes I wish there was a little more going on or that I was given more responsibility at times.
Liars, unwilling to help there employees
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 20, 2017
They started a new payroll policy and didn't let there employees know. So they will mail your check without verfitying the address or with your consent. Then when you still have yet to receive your check they will procrastinate and give NO Concern about your finances in the process. Horrible place to EVER work. No one deserves to work and not get paid!
Great Job
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAMarch 19, 2017
It was always busy and always on your feet. Took care of patients and get morning reports from the nurse. The work culture was very team work ethic. Co workers were amazing and I learned a lot.
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHMarch 17, 2017
A nice organization to work for. Good people, and provide a great service to patients. Organized very well, and a lot of friendly co-workers. I worked at the Mansfield Ohio location, and it was a very safe, secure place to work.
Pros
Good staff, great benefits
okay
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAMarch 17, 2017
Management are not being fair to their employee. Management need to listen to their employee. Good benefits for the employee. Salary is fair. Workload is hard.
Besr Ever
program director, and Tri-State Champion (Former Employee) –  New England Valley, PAMarch 17, 2017
I absolutely loved working with the Kindred Facilities. I managed 14 facilities in 4 different states and enjoyed the consistency and cleanliness across the board. The programs for the elderly were wonderful, the buildings were clean and well maintained and the nutritional needs were beyond great.
Pros
Consistency
Cons
Corporate changes
Work was enjoyable management was not
Repair Technician-apple devices (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 16, 2017
I did not enjoy working for this company, as a contractor they offered no room for advancement and did not work with employees with any concerns, including that of pay or benefits
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No advancement, non competitive pay
Summary
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Sellersburg, INMarch 16, 2017
It had its days. sometimes the management was rough. the main boss did not listen to anyones needs. patients were treated with disrespet. emlyees were very lazy
Great Place To Work
SR. LEAD TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 15, 2017
As the Sr. Lead Trainer on the EHR rollout for the nursing center division, I was directly involved with working with senior clinical leadership on developing training plans, agendas, material, and Train The Trainer events.

Oversaw team SharePoint Administrative duties.

Fun, energetic training team who development more into family culture than co-workers who when separate way. The most enjoyable part of the job.

The hardest part of the job was communication between business analyst department and the clinical and training teams.
Better work envirowment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Terre haute indianaMarch 15, 2017
This place is the worest place i have ever worked at. The work environment is ridiculous. The CNA staff are good, is the management that is trash. They work there staff to the ground. Than when you can't do your job they want to fire you.
Pros
Better staff
Cons
Needs more staff
Very poor management!!!!
Nursing Home Billing Specialist/Revenue Collector (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 14, 2017
Managers micromanage their employees. The training is not very good at all and once your out of a week of training they expect you to know everything. Major lack of communication between management and the employees.
Pros
Vacation and insurance
Cons
Raises are low, micromanage employees, poor communication
Very gun and encouraging to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILMarch 13, 2017
Working for Kindred hospice has been a priviledge to work for. We are a family who not only attend to our patient, but we also attend to each other. The staff is sooo wonderful. Loved working with them and looking forward to work with them again.
Contracted company in many hospital environments
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 10, 2017
Company has a fluctuating upper management with unrealistic goals for employees. Learning curve is often vicious and support from upper management if they are around long enough is basically nil. Requirements and job descriptions always remain fluid, so hope for advancement or reasonable pay increase is non existent. Open door policy is preached but employees often feel unheard and under appreciated.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits.
Cons
Upper management is often unstable and constently changing
Walking on eggshells in a hostile work environment
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 10, 2017
Its bad enough to have a stressful job but when your manager is verbally abusive, throws you under the bus and micromanages everything down to where, when and how you chart the job bcomes a nightmare, The workload was crazy, most people who were ordered treatments did not need them and weaning fragile patients was not in their best interests, but in the interest of making the manager look good. Every day, when the manager hits the floor the RT's trembled because she would harrass us and then treat the other disciplines well. If she was angry with you, she would not schedule shifts or you would be cancelled. I do not recommend anyone working in this facility, its a lawsuit waiting to happen. YOur mental health and wellbeing are jeopardized the minute you walk in the door.
Pros
Punching out at the end of the day
Cons
Horrible managemet, hostile working environment
great place to work plus I` love to clean
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Wharton, TXMarch 9, 2017
light cleaning, washing clothes, washing dishes, making beds, changing linen, light cooking something a walk around the track, picking up medicine from pharmacy, and combing and brushing hair.
Provided my professional expertise to a group of districts with 8-10 facitlites a piece.
Regional Director of Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 8, 2017
My job was to evaluate the performance of facilities in my districts requiring me to fly to various locations each week. I was also required to meet with my team, who consisted of 4 other professionals with different geographical responsibilities. We were encouraged to brain storm, evaluate current programs and procedures, develop programs and share the best of practices between the districts and facilities.
Pros
Working with all levels of management and helping those in the facilities
Cons
The workplace culture was sometimes very punitive.
Director of Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMarch 6, 2017
This is a long term acute care company. They take care of very sick patients. Most of whom are on ventilators and have severe wounds that need a variety of treatment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindred Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.