Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,228 reviews matching the search
Great place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAMarch 3, 2016
Great place to work, very understanding and will work with you when needed. Always able to speak with management about an issue and handle in a timely fashion.
Heay work loads
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 1, 2016
Having heavy work loads can sometimes means that you can or will be extremely busy all day. But I think that as long as you use your time management skills it will prevent me from being so busy and running all over the place and just work at a normal rate.
Pros
effective management skills and professionalism
Cons
your day may start that way but it will not end that way
Great work place
RN (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTFebruary 29, 2016
Great place to work, small facility and great team work. Pay is lower than other places but drama is less. Private rooms no double patient rooms.
Pros
less drama
Cons
pay scale
Resourceful with Executive Directors
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 29, 2016
The most enjoyable part of work in my past field was the ability to provide leadership to my Executive Directors. Meaning that if there was an areas of concerns that they were not able to find resourceful information. Questions ranging from HR concerns all the way to State and Federal guidelines. Being able to attend many resourceful meeting and attend a lot of leadership classes allowed me the ability to translation obtain information that is benefit to all especially to those who aren't aware. Not being able to help with answers or resources was one of the most challenging situations that I would have a difficult time managing.
Pros
All inclusive travel expense to leadership classes
Cons
Sometimes I would not be allowed to use my PTO time due to the lack of overage in my area.
Very professional and Caring Facility
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 23, 2016
Awesome work place, would return. Very professional and Caring Facility. Family Oriented and age appropriate based. Welcomes everyone.
A good place to work
PCA/Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Marlboro, MAFebruary 20, 2016
My work was in the patience's home. I would plan my working hours when I get there then I would start working. I usually start with the most important first. On the days that my patient had a doctor's appointment I would help him get ready as soon as I get there and leave shortly after.
Pros
I was able to provide one on one care to my patient
Cons
I drove at least half hour to work and longer during bad weathers
Employees constantly complaining, with all the time complaining they spent less time taking care of patients
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, PAFebruary 12, 2016
They hire full time employees and then they cut hours down to nothing, the nurses were jaded from the positions they held and left all the work to the nurse aides. When asked for help it was hard to find any help from a good portion of the employees.
Pros
Free parking and free soda
Cons
nurses did not care about patients, and many procedures not followed, always cut hours
Kindred
Admissions and Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INFebruary 8, 2016
Large Company with a lot of great employees. Learned a great deal about VA and MCD and how this may affect the patient outcome.
high turnover, dont trust anyone!
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  kindred centralFebruary 7, 2016
You will always be understaffed and continue to have a full patient load and they will continue to accept admissions. worked there for 18 months, sewage flooded first floor twice, sewage smell in icu. there were also three fires, two nurses fired for stealing drugs. no hospital security, so night shift your on your own. Reports of RN's sleeping on the job go unrectified, even though we have several pictures of them sleeping, they promoted one to nightshift charge nurse!!!
Pros
paychecks dont bounce
Cons
you could loose your license
I learned a lot working at Kindred
Certified Nurse Aid/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 7, 2016
You worked from 6am to 6pm.Same hours every shift so you knew your hours.Good insurance,There was room for advancement I went from just CNA work to doing also Phlebotomy.Id have to give it an excellent rating.
Pros
Used my Phlebotomy, good hours, Nurses were awsome
Cons
We were short handed so it was tough getting all the bed baths done.
Another major disappointment.
RN (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INFebruary 6, 2016
I have been a nurse close to 30 years and this company is another example of why retirement looks so good. I will agree with the many, many previous RN comments/statements. We go through multiple hoops, licensing, credentialling, and certifications along with a plethera of titles behind our names to practice even not so simple bed-side nursing. We work an average of 16 hour shifts with the least amount of resources for inflationary wages. All this to be cheated out of much needed energizing breaks and lunches which is usually 75-90% of the time on any nursing job.
Pros
Staff and patients
Cons
Incompetent administrations, limited orientation & training.
High turn over in staffing
Wound Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJFebruary 6, 2016
My experience, I was there for one year without a proper orientation, no support from management , short staffing, horrible working environment, everyone was stressed out, and over worked.
Pros
nursing co-workers were wonderful, hardworking
Cons
poor management
Worked with alzheimer and dementia patients.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAFebruary 5, 2016
Worked with alzheimer and dementia patients. I also worked in the kitchen as a dietary aide and helped provide food for the residents. I was an Activity Assistant as well, where I helped the residents enjoy their day.
Enjoyable
Student (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 5, 2016
Be there very early around 4am. Prepare your cart for your rounds. Obtain the patient list and the type of blood test needed to be drawn. Obtain the blood from patients. Label the blood specimen. Take the specimen to the lab in a timely manner. Centrifuge or Aliquot the specimen. Process the specimens into the computerized system. Loved the Laboratory Staff. They made me feel like family. Would definitely love doing this again.
Pros
Making money
Cons
having to get up very early to do this kind of job
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2016
This is a good place to work. Everyone for the most part gets a long great and works together. There is room for improvement however on all levels. Good place for medical heath.
Good company to work for.
Floor Nurse, LPN (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Good company to work for. Nice group of nurses. Good support staff. Good hours. Good benefits. This is a post acute setting that requires critical thinking skills.
Tough business
Program Manager IS PMO (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 31, 2016
The post acute care business is a very tough business. Most of the revenues come from Medicare and Medicaid which are highly regulated. It seems that every year brings new challenges due to reimbursement rate changes. Normal less than more.
Not a good place to work at all...
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  dillon.mtJanuary 30, 2016
always understaffed, under appreciated, give write ups like they go out of style. no structure in management, management will lie straight to your face, bottom line they will throw you under the bus, just to cover their butts, even if you didn't do anything wrong.
Pros
no pros
Cons
management, write you up for every little thing, really bad pay for the work you do, unapprieciated.
Kindred Healthcare
PAYROLL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 29, 2016
A typical day goes fast pace, my co-workers are wonderful. The hardest part about the job is delegating the work. I loved my job because I knew the payroll system like the back of my hand. I could not make the overall review higher because the site would not let me.
ok
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAJanuary 27, 2016
Great staff but no cohesiveness teamwork between nurses and unit managers. Good benefits. Way too much unnecessary paperwork/documentation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindred Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.