Kinecta Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

treated their employees with kindness and respect. Gave all employees plenty of training on all sorts of subjects.Kept their employees well informed.
Asst. Retail Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAJuly 19, 2017
I began my career when it was still Hughes FCU, we then changed our name to Kinecta. It was an amazing atmosphere to work in. Every employee was given training and the proper tools and support to do their job well. It was during a time where employees spoke about Kinecta with pride when asked, "who do you work for?" Kinecta allowed me to move around the company so I could grow as an employee and person. I worked frontline and back office. I worked hard and worked my way to Asst. Retail Branch Manager. Thanks to Kinecta and their support.
Pros
big believers in training employees, allow employees to move up, amazing atomsphere, they had structure.
Cons
no cons
Credit Union Life was very good to me
Sr. Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAJuly 12, 2017
Starting out as a PC Support Specialist in IT was an amazing experience. IT management was skilled, smart and fair and provided many opportunities for growth. At the time there were 4 of us that handled over 700 PCs, laptops, printers and various other technology for the entire company, Sr. Management, and the Board of Directors.

What made the job exciting was no two days were the same, we were always dealing with technology related problems and the associated challenges, which can be both character building and very satisfying and fun.
Pros
Challenging and exciting environment
Cons
Long Commute (yes, that was the worst part of it)
Kinecta
Consumer Lending Operations Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAJuly 7, 2017
Great company, love the core values. Can be over worked depending on position, a lot is based on sonority. Something's are cutting edge some things are a bit outdated.
Pros
Awesome culture
Cons
Distance
Great environment to work in
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 8, 2017
I enjoyed working here because the members that I served were awesome and I felt like they appreciated that I listen to them instead of rushing them off.
Pros
My co-workers they were the best people to work with.
Cons
Small lunch rooms
review summary
Personal Banker/ Loan officer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAApril 17, 2017
educate customers about new products and persuade them to buy those products.Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to management for approval.
Great Company
Mortgage Funder/ Doc Drawer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 25, 2017
Worked here as a temp employee. They do a lot for their members and associates. I loved the RE team. Lots of fun and amazing people there. In time that I was there I grew to really have respect for the management and CEO. They make it a great atmosphere to work in.
workplace
Teller (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 24, 2017
Typical day at work is helping customers, working on daily tasks and giving exceptional customer service.I learn everyday to provide the best customer service so that customers continue to come.Hardest part of the job is making sure to enter data and account numbers correctly.
Fun to interact with customers, the work environment was difficult at best.
Customer Service and Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 28, 2017
Kinecta was challenging at times which kept my interest. Contests and other incentives were used to help increase site and individual sales.

There was a lack of equal treatment among the staff at the site.
Pros
contests and incentives, time off and benefits
Cons
lack of equal treatment throughout the staff at the satellite site
Overall good place to work, very ethical and great culture
Mortgage LoancConsultant (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Kinecta Federal Credit Union is a great place to work and their goal is to take care of members. Members have always expressed how much they like our employees.
Pros
They take care of members and their people
Cons
Need more choices of healthcare insurance providers
Customer Service
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CADecember 15, 2016
Telling Customers about the new promotions and the benefits of having them. Learned how to manage larger amount of money especially during income tax checks.
Pros
Cashed Check for free
Cons
Lots of freedom and support
Retail Team Leader Sr. Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 8, 2016
Good overall experience large customer base to prospect good name recognition in Southern CA. Easy loan application process large portfolio of products to offer with many office locations.
Pros
Good technology competitive rates
Cons
Sloppy underwriting requiring a lot of back and fourth the customer
A fair company to be employed by
Customer service / Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 25, 2016
Good company to work for great people t ok work with they are innovative when it comes to financial loaning. The job advancement isn't to great neither are the raises
Pros
Great people
Cons
Pay and job advancement
Productive and fun work place
Member Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 7, 2016
Fun place to work if you enjoy talking to people and have great communication skills. Need to be self motivated to be able to achieve monthly goals.
Fast paced, very friendly
Call Center Representative 1 Lead (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAJuly 5, 2016
Was only a temporary employee on a 6 week contract, but enjoyed the fast paced high volume call center. Heavy pressure. High volume call center dealing with banking issues from credit cards to second mortgage loans. Prepaid cards, to auto loans. If its dealing with credit, you will have some involvement in it.
Pros
Fun environment, benefits, lots to learn
Cons
Temp employee, short contract
MCC Micro manages everything you do-STAY AWAY
Telephone Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAMay 28, 2016
MCC Management does not care about their employees nor the members. HIGH call volumes with no help from other depts., until members start to complain on social media. Then management has no idea of how to answer simple questions regarding account maintence, they go on daily lunches paid for by the credit union for hours, take smoke breaks during the day hourly, does like to interact with employees if they are not in "management roles". Very disappointing. Director has no credit union experience there fore has no idea about the service driven is for members not himself. VERY SAD! I will not even tell family members or friends to join Kinecta FCU, bc of the way they treat their members. MEMBERS COME FIRST!!! The sooner this credit realizes this the better their service and membership will become.
Nice place to work for
Sr. Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 24, 2016
good place to work, nice culture with good pay and benefits, not enough locations it's the only thing, it would be nice if the open another branch in San Fernando valley
Pays well, petty and simplistic culture
Solution Delivery Analyst II (Project Manager II) (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAApril 24, 2016
Everyone watches everyone else's work and time, complains about who is doing/,not doing what and management ultra-micromanages. Project Management-run organization
Produvtive and fun place to work
Br. Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 16, 2016
Working with Kinecta / Nix has been memorable. The company culture is great and provides employee's with a supportive environment.
Great company Culture
Financial Services Representative (II) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 1, 2016
Great place to work at, awesome mission and vision. Great marketing and awesome ideas for the future of Kinecta. CEO is an awesome person has great vision and direction for Kinecta, Con to all these great things is that my branch does not have full time hours.
Pros
great culture and benefits
Cons
scheduling and no full time
Long time employer
Education Chair (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Worked for Kinecta for 12 years and it was stable for the most part. Several changes in leadership has changed the direction of the credit union over 3 times during my tenure there. Due to most recent change in leadership, a complete overhaul of management occurred. Very sad.