Kinecta Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Fast paced, very friendly
Call Center Representative 1 Lead (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAJuly 5, 2016
Was only a temporary employee on a 6 week contract, but enjoyed the fast paced high volume call center. Heavy pressure. High volume call center dealing with banking issues from credit cards to second mortgage loans. Prepaid cards, to auto loans. If its dealing with credit, you will have some involvement in it.
Pros
Fun environment, benefits, lots to learn
Cons
Temp employee, short contract
MCC Micro manages everything you do-STAY AWAY
Telephone Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAMay 28, 2016
MCC Management does not care about their employees nor the members. HIGH call volumes with no help from other depts., until members start to complain on social media. Then management has no idea of how to answer simple questions regarding account maintence, they go on daily lunches paid for by the credit union for hours, take smoke breaks during the day hourly, does like to interact with employees if they are not in "management roles". Very disappointing. Director has no credit union experience there fore has no idea about the service driven is for members not himself. VERY SAD! I will not even tell family members or friends to join Kinecta FCU, bc of the way they treat their members. MEMBERS COME FIRST!!! The sooner this credit realizes this the better their service and membership will become.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
EVERYTHING
Nice place to work for
Sr. Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 24, 2016
good place to work, nice culture with good pay and benefits, not enough locations it's the only thing, it would be nice if the open another branch in San Fernando valley
Pays well, petty and simplistic culture
Solution Delivery Analyst II (Project Manager II) (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAApril 24, 2016
Everyone watches everyone else's work and time, complains about who is doing/,not doing what and management ultra-micromanages. Project Management-run organization
Great company Culture
Financial Services Representative (II) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 1, 2016
Great place to work at, awesome mission and vision. Great marketing and awesome ideas for the future of Kinecta. CEO is an awesome person has great vision and direction for Kinecta, Con to all these great things is that my branch does not have full time hours.
Pros
great culture and benefits
Cons
scheduling and no full time
Long time employer
Education Chair (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Worked for Kinecta for 12 years and it was stable for the most part. Several changes in leadership has changed the direction of the credit union over 3 times during my tenure there. Due to most recent change in leadership, a complete overhaul of management occurred. Very sad.
Productive work place
Loan Adjuster (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 1, 2016
i enjoy working for Kinecta, I've made many friends as I have at other employers. I've learned new computer systems and now ready to move on for a new adventure,
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
N/A
Friendly staff in the HR department
Administrative Assistant (HR) (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAAugust 31, 2015
I was only working temp jobs here. I was not hired after my assignment.

The co-workers were great in the HR office. In the Finance department it was great once I started to help. The supervisor at that time acted real godly, but when I went to work for the HR department she made bad untrue statements about me because I did not go upstairs to say hello to her. She was working and so was I ... I was working two full time jobs .... that messed up my opportunity to work for Kinecta. I was informed.
Pros
The HR department staff was very friendly.
Cons
I was not hired after my temp assignment.
Poor Advancement for Nix Employees/ Nix is Just a DEAD end JOB!!!
Customer Service Rep II @ Nix (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 8, 2015
I've been employed at Nix as a teller more then 5 years, Nix is now owned by Kinecta Credit Union but everything is still the same. Pay is very low, even In n Out fast food employee gets paid more then me and I've been working at Nix for so long. Hours of operation sucks, Kinecta want us to feel like one big family then they should have our pay and hour of operation the same as theirs. You get a raise every two years and it'll only be .20cents and that's only if your manager give you a good review. There is a lack of communication with management, tellers opinion doesn't even matter.
**** ALL the good reviews on here are all employees that work for Kinecta Credit Union BUT if you ask Nix employees LIKE myself you would hear nothing but BAD reviews****
Pros
We're close on Sundays
Cons
Pay is low, hours of operation sucks, no room for growth
Kinecta Employees and the Members are great.
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAMay 7, 2015
Kinecta was very good to me. I stayed for 37 yrs! After some many years and 9 CEOs it got to be a bit much. Once again they are in turmoil (change!). I am ok with change but at some point stability is necessary. The last 10 years they have had 4 CEOs. I just wasn't up to the anxiety. Overall, Kinecta is a good organization due to the employees. It's only been recently where there's been some struggle.
Pros
I really liked the people I worked with AND our members.
Cons
There have been 9 CEOs at Kinecta during my time there. The Board of Directors needs to change.

Want to know more about Kinecta Federal Credit Union?

Ask a question
Mundane
Sr. Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 30, 2015
This company had very little room for growth. Worked hard for very little compensation and ever changing environment.
great people to work with
Appraisal Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CADecember 21, 2014
I worked there for the past 17 years off and on. Last job was changed to automated and I was let go. Great place to work.
Pros
great benefits great people
Productive and fun place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 12, 2014
Typical day was pretty straightforward, Depositing checks, opening accounts, and cross selling products to our members.
Pros
hour lunch, nice staff, room for advancement
Great enviornment
Member Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan BeachJuly 29, 2014
Awesome place to work. Will gain a lot knowledge in the financial field.
Short lived
Senior (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2014
Management is a little all over the place. Things change in the blink of an eye.
No Comment
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAJune 6, 2014
This was a temporary job that had a definite ending related to the end of Windows XP support.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 30, 2014
The company has grown to over 75,000 members making it a very reliable financial institution. Management was very easy going and didn't micromanage like some places do that have a small staff. I worked in a staff consisting of no more than 12-14 employees. Everyone looked out for each other, so the managers were not worried about ever being short staffed or conflicts. Everyone had been there for at least 5 years and the longest tenure was 15 years.
That being said, the company showed it cared about their employees and management first looked to promote from within!
I was only there a year because I relocated out of state
Pros
great working environment
Cons
compensation was not that great.
productive, fun, and professional
Teller (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 19, 2014
Really enjoyed working for Kinecta FCU. The branch feel like a family, everyone works as a team, helps each other out, reminds each other when needed. Fun place to work at but very professional as well.
Pros
customers start to you as family
fun place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAApril 30, 2014
Kinecta was an amazing company to work. The staff and members were always a pleasure.
Pros
wonderful managent, fun co workers
Cons
rude members at times
great atmosphere
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 30, 2014
Basically comparable to working at any bank or credit union, great company environment. Managers are a little lost on direction from upper management from time to time, co-workers are usually helpful and willing to work as a team. Hardest part of the job is balancing unclear goals set by upper management which can seem out of reach especially for smaller less populated branch's. Was very well trained by immediate supervisors and they really want to give you the tools to succeed.
Pros
good opportunity for advancement
Cons
short lunches, breaks, indecisive managment unclear about goals and company direction.