- must have experience of working in an office environment*
Main Purpose of Job:
To manage the daily operations of the New York Office. To provide an efficient friendly support service to the firm and clients. To assist members and staff with client, marketing and administrative services.
Particular Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage the office in terms of equipment, supplies, IT services, furniture fitout, phones.
2. All aspects of support services for New York office staff.
3. Supplier account management - negotiate contracts/quotes/payment
4. Liaise with the landlord’s office, company lawyers and accountants on company and building matters as they arise.
5. Client reception/liaison
6. Maintain contacts database system and client pipeline database – for marketing purposes
7. Assists the office PA with overflow of secretarial and PA support to allocated members.
8. Organising lunches, booking meeting rooms and organising travel and accommodation if appropriate.
9. Prepare PowerPoint slides for seminars and presentations.
10. Assist with compilation of reports, accounts typing, photocopying and binding.
11. Assist with organisation of marketing and client events including seminars, workshops, etc
12. Organise corporate entertainment (dinners, golf days etc), from schedules to budgets and logistics etc.
13. Manage ad hoc projects such as mailshots, advertising and proposal production.
14. Co-ordinate HR matters for the New York Office with the People Team including recruitment, benefit admin, contracts, induction etc.
15. General office administration – mail/petty cash/banking/couriers/taxis/expenses etc
16. Filing client correspondence and general filing.
17. Organise staff social events.
Skills Required for the Role:
Ability to manage time and projects effectively.
High level of interpersonal skills.
Fast and accurate keyboard skills.
Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office
Organisational and administrative skills of a high level
Attention to detail.
Strong project management skills.
Clear communication skills, both written and oral.
Experience with event management
Ability to juggle conflicting priorities and cope with a very varied workload,
Discretion and diplomacy in dealing with staff and clients and potentially sensitive issues
Self motivated and able to work on own initiative
Professional and confident manner
Flexible and committed individual who will work in line with business needs to meet all reasonable deadlines
Enthusiasm to be involved in the establishment of a quality service to all those within the firm.