King's Daughters' Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Informatics Nurse (Former Employee) –  Yazoo City, MSMay 13, 2017
We were early adopters in EHR technology and Meaningful Use in 2010. I took the role of informatics nurse with no experience and learned (self-taught) everything possible about HL7 interfaces, EHR planning and implementation, etc. I looked forward to going to work everyday because I never know what challenges I would face and could not wait to conquer them.

The hardest part of my job was my immediate supervisor did not like the EHR and Meaningful Use requirements and wanted them to go away. She wanted me to meet all MU requirements without the nursing/physician staff and we were at odds on this issue for 4 1/2 years until I left.

I had no plans to ever leave King's Daughters' Hospital. Every job has colleagues; KDH staff was like a large extended family.
Poor Management and no room for advancement
Registrar II PRN (Former Employee) –  AdmittingSeptember 10, 2015
My managers were terrible, no room for advancement, the only thing I liked about my job was working with patients and my Co workers were fantastic.
Pros
Working with patients
Cons
1 30 min break per 12 hour shift, no overtime, poor managament, no room for advancement
Another great site for student nurse clinicals
Ivy Tech ASN RN Program Clinical Site (Former Employee) –  Madison, INJune 15, 2015
I found the atmosphere to be very comfortable and friendly. The staff had bettered my skills through therapeutic communication.
No overtime allowed
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Madison, INJuly 29, 2014
Horrible place to work. Adminsitration cares nothing for the patietns and the staff is treated terribly.
Pros
Working with the patients
Cons
Horrible Administration. privately owned hospital
CNA (Former Employee) –  Madison, InJuly 9, 2013
A typical day at work would be taking care of patients. I've learned that life is too short sometimes. Management and co-workers were wonderful to work for and with. The hardest part of this job was letting go of patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was being there for families when they need it.
benefits
Cons
seeing people at their worst
Poor management, tough place to advance
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Madison, INNovember 4, 2012
worked here 5 yrs, benefits not the greatest, and pay very poor!! Especially for what you are expected to do! Not enough people to do what needs to be done, always short handed, hard for them to keep anyone in housekeeping! Management is apparently not being watched over like they should be, because they do a terrible job!!
Hard place to work with no team atmosphere
SPECIMEN PROCESSOR GENERALIST (Former Employee) –  Madison, INAugust 3, 2012
I was responsible for processing all specimens received in the laboratory for testing including outside clinics. I entered and maintained the specimens into the computer system and designated their areas for testing including refererence laboratory send outs. I was also required to fill in areas in the laboratory that were short staffed that day and help with microbiology.
The hardest part of the job was working with people that are hard to interact with.
The best part of the job was the fast pace and learning new skills.
Pros
the work was close to home and 10 hour shifts.
Cons
there was no room for advancement and my talents were not fully utilized.