King's Fish House Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
My summary
Server (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 15, 2016
Great place to work and management team is very organized I enjoy working there. overall the environment is clean and the people I worked with are team players
Fun, Easy going, Non-corporate place to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMay 2, 2016
The best thing about this place is the management. They go above and beyond to make sure you're going to be successful. They will tell you everyday that you're doing a good job and if you need help with anything they are always more than ready to help. The second best thing about the job is food you can stand behind. Inventory is very fresh, healthy and delicious. The menu is always changing but it provides the guest with something new and exciting therefore creating a unique dinging experience. Coworkers are young, but fun, happy and hardworking people. They will always make you feel welcome and teamwork is huge here, so everyone is very helpful.
If you're hardworking and have a good attitude, there wont be any negatives to working here. You will love it just as much as I did.
Pros
Helpful staff
Cons
The coworkers were the best part
Hostess and Server (Former Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CAMay 2, 2016
My coworkers and (some) of the management would have to be the best part of the job. They got me through the rough patches, whether it be a difficult customer or a rough day in general. The majority of my coworkers were really helpful and seemed to be there around every corner, whether I needed them or not. Not only would they give me a second pair of hands, but they would also teach me things I did not know. This job really helped me open up and become less shy. It really helped me learn how to take charge of a group of people, juggle a lot at one time and handle difficult people/situations. The majority of the people who visited were fun to engage with. Being a server was a great way to interact with people and even get to know some regular visitors.
It was a fun place to work.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 19, 2016
Constantly changing environment. Suggesting and selling menu options. Relying on team members on a daily basis. Team work skills. Customer service.
struggling to be a progrerssive company, stuck in archaic managemt policies
Waiter/Bartender/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 23, 2015
Wonderful Food and Food Quality, however struggles over management techniques, and general direction of the company have made this a very difficult place to work which is very sad because so many people could excel if not poorly managed.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Management, Policies
productive fun workplace
Server/Barback (Current Employee) –  huntington beach,CASeptember 14, 2015
Serving tables includes taking orders and importing them correctly to the computer. Running Food, Drinks and Busing tables. Ive learned to communicate and get along with all different types of people from all over the world. Being a team player is a must in a restaurant setting. Working with management is great because they are always there to help and keep the flow of the restaurant going smoothly.
Pros
money always on hand
Cons
rude people
Great Job
Server (Former Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CAJanuary 29, 2015
I loved working here. It was professional and fun. We all worked together, we had a great team.
Pros
team players
Cons
work weekends and late shifts
typical day.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 16, 2014
very fast paced environment. great people to work with. Management does their job very well.
Professional staff
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  rancho cucamonga caSeptember 5, 2014
Prep, organize daily staff to make sure everyone 100% to work and all in for a productive experience with public beginning first and foremost. Keep open mind at all times dealing with different peoples needs. Hardest part of job is sometimes not feeling not everyone has same work ethic. Most enjoyable meeting interesting dinners.
Pros
Being able to bring family into dinner.
Cons
Late am work hours. Not leaving until 2 am when you have a young family.
I became a fish ambassador .Mmm mm mmm
Server (Former Employee) –  CORONA, CALIFORNIAMay 20, 2014
As a server I was responsible for coming to work looking sharp and being ready to serve with cash and change for guest check payments. The start of a shift included stocking all the areas such as where drinks are found and to-go items along with silverware and preparing my tables for service assuring the guest complete satisfaction. In this position I learned how to properly serve wine and champagne in addition to every ingredient in all the dishes and drinks served. The management was very professional and customer focused. The hardest aspect of this job was memorizing every ingredient in every dish. The best part was serving an amazing product and fulfilling guest expectations.
Pros
SERVING AN EXCELLENT PRODUCT TO GUESTS
Cons
THE DISTANCE FROM MY HOME
fun workplace with great seafood
Front Desk Operator (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 30, 2014
answered phones, set up for large party reservations, clerical duties, made schedule.
Pros
great seafood dishes
Cons
not enough hours/pay
Family dining
Trainer/Server (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 2, 2013
Ambassador of Seafood. Great management and training. Enjoy guests interaction.
A fun work place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 6, 2013
Managed the flow of the restaurant.
Seated guests.
Placed reservations for large parties and events.
Enjoyable interacted with guests and being around people.
Seafood restaurant and bar
Server (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 9, 2012
This is where I served in my hometown right before I moved out to LA. I loved working with seafood and always learning about new fish. Management always held a very high standard to make sure we executed the very best seafood and with that comes a lot of preparation!
Fast paced fish house
Head waiter/Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 21, 2012
A fast paced, full service fish house. The team worked well together and the mac and cheese was addicting.
Pros
teamwork.
Cons
discounted food.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at King's Fish House. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3