King & Spalding Employee Reviews

Classic Big Firm with Massive Ebbs and Flows
Senior Attorney (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 14, 2016
K&S is a great firm, well established and full of smart people. The Silicon Valley practice is subject to massive ebbs and flows in workload that can be atypical. The office is experiencing growth pangs.
A great place for advancement
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2016
A great place to work for advancement. Lots of work and a wonderful place to build connections and learn new skills. Full benefits and a large amount of PTO is offered.
K&s
N/A (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2016
K&S provides a busy and continuously changing environment, providing little-to-no work life balance.
A typical work day will include performing job tasks for the entirety of the day, with little to no interactions.The hardest part of working with K&S is the micro-management. However, the location of the company does allow opportunity to enjoy the finer aspects of atlanta.
benefits
Cons
work life balance
premier law firm
Legal Assistant - Litigation Department (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2016
I worked at K&S for a total of 15 years. I was privileged to work with many wonderful attorneys who appreciated my dedication and loyalty and took good care of me in return. What I learned was the value of good relationships, hard work, and reliability. The hardest part of my job was that I am meant to be a counselor, not a legal assistant, and because of that, didn't find a sense of meaning and purpose in my work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people with whom I worked.
Pros
excellent pay, benefits, and security
Cons
did not enjoy the work
Prestigious, fast paced, productive and demanding
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2015
The Firm is extremely fast paced and demands long hours. I have acquired many skills and among the most important are to perform under pressure and deliver quality work.
Pros
Great compensation, over time available
Cons
Excessive work load and extremely demanding
Only do doc review here as a last resort
Project Attorney (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2015
Working as a Project Attorney was here was awful. When I was hired, I wasn't told that I would be working mandatory 50 hour work weeks-- this included weekend work. Fifty hour work weeks and weekend work sprang up often without notice. Management was also pretty bad. Many of the staff and senior staff attorneys did not know how to speak to those working for them and were unnecessarily rude and condescending. Now add that on to long hours and you have a recipe for going insane. Don't make a single mistake either-- you'll be blacklisted and pushed out.

If you really, really need cash and decide to go here to do doc review, make sure you have a quick exit strategy.
Pros
The King & Spalding name, constant work for the most part
Cons
Horrible management, no room for advancement, minimal PTO, no consideration for personal/weekend plans
Great place to work, Received my best experience in Accounting here. Senior Management was Top Notch.
ACCOUNT PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Process A/P Invoices for Atlanta & 3 affiliate office, DC, NY, Texas. Month End close, Handled Partners Corporate accounts, Travel & Expense experience working with American Express Travel. Managed Dept for 6 mths in absence of Manager on sick leave
Pros
Great Community Activity, Family Friendly, Great Expereince, My favorite place I have worked in 30 years
Cons
Long Hrs
Leading Projects and IT Support
Lead Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 2, 2014
Project Work - Currently working on MDS/AirWatch, Hardware Refresh, RSA Security and upgrade confidential server.
IT Support - Setting up AV Video Conferences
Mobile Device Support
AirWatch Support
Applications Support
Network support and admin
Backup for printer support issues
BES 10 Support
Working with IT team on any office wide IT issues and/or Project Assignments.
Good Company
Senior Technical Communications Consultant (Former Employee) –  AtlantaJuly 7, 2014
Good place to work. Nice people and great office space but be prepared for a crazy commute into town.
Great place to work!
Command Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2014
It's been awesome. To work for this company. the people are great.
Pros
I recommend this place of employment!
Cons
You must keep a positive attitude.

Want to know more about King & Spalding?

Ask a question
was a great company to work for
NT Rollout Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  atlantaSeptember 4, 2013
was a great company to work for and I learned alot when i worked there
I worked there from 1985 to October 2002
Legal Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 28, 2012
I worked with the Partner In Charge for 16 of the 17 years I was there. I started when we were about 12 people on one floor. Today there are offices all of the world.
Great Place to work
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2012
Excellent opportunities provided for growth. Good people. lots of laughter.
Pros
good folk at the time i worked there
Cons
egos, as with every law firm and/or attorneys
Awesome place to work
Manager, Reception Department (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2012
An awesome place to work. I was eager to arrive early and stay late to get the job done. Upper management was responsive to the needs of mid management. I learned that King and Spalding has a strong comittment to volunteering in the community and that committment encouraged me to volunteer in my spare time. The hardest part of my job was leaving and the most enjoyable was the attitude of cooperativeness I received from many of the staff.
Pros
professional environment, welcoming office space and furniture.
Cons
some seasoned members of the team were not always cooperative
Productive and fun place to work
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 17, 2012
Enjoyed working with attorneys and staff. Worked closely with management in preparing tax documents for clients. I learned how to management my time to meet deadlines.
Pros
monthly celebrations of staff anniversaries, etc.
Cons
no breaks
productive, fun work place
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesApril 4, 2012
The Los Angeles office was opened in 2011. Staff having a difficult time being part of the San Francisco office. Management leaves you alone to do your job. Good, bright, young attorneys. Nice place to work. I would love to have stayed but I was only there covering a maternity leave.
Pros
muffins every friday
Cons
muffins every friday
Absolute wonderful place to work!
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta GADecember 15, 2011
It was a great place to work with some really great people. They were great about giving review and raises and were very flexible with my schedule. I worked for some really great attorneys. My hours were good. I was able to work on my own. They had great facilities. It is just a wonderful company to work for.
Pros
great benefits.