King County Housing Authority Employee Reviews

Fair work
Administrative Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAAugust 16, 2017
I loved working and helping those that are in need with KCHA. It was difficult at times because I kept asking for more work but the team didn't really know what to do with me since I was temporary. Finished given tasks fast. Ended up doing other people's jobs for them.
Typical day at work
Property Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 3, 2016
Answering phones, collecting and entering data in to company database program
entering work orders and closing them
income verifications and rent calculations
ordering office supplies
Having gone through several managers and then working the present one was very difficult since the current manager expected more than I could handle and wasn't someone that works well with employees.
I enjoyed my co-workers, other than the manager and I enjoyed working with the tenants and applicants.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
too demanding and not very good team players, especially the manager
Productive and fun workplace
Public Housing Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WASeptember 10, 2016
Fast paced work environment. Growth opportunity. Upper management really cares about employees. If your the cream you will rise to the top.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Lot of work for the pay, but the pay is not bad.
Great Mission Focused Culture
Administration (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJuly 25, 2016
The organization is full of people who really want to improve the lives of the people in our community. Many of the employees have been with KCHA for a very long time, but new people continue to come in and they are accepted as important members of the team.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that resources are limited and that it isn't possible (yet) to help all of those in need.

The best part of the job is knowing that over 50,000 people had homes to sleep in as a result of KCHA and seeing lives that are changed for the better as a result of the work we do.
Pros
Great Benefits and Mission Driven
Cons
Lots of work to do...
Project Manager
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJuly 16, 2016
8 hous
construction real estate project
good managemernt
diverse coworkers
try igure how to solve problems
diverse skills
AMAZING mission statement!
Property Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAOctober 25, 2012
Great diverse culture of co-workers. Not a lot of forward thinking when it comes to forms and procedures.
Pros
hands on work in the community. lots of diverse tenant interaction.
Cons
lots of remedial work and not a lot of opportunity for growth or cross training.
Loved The team enviroment
Property Management Specalist (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WASeptember 20, 2012
Loved working with the managment always willing to help and give praise for a job well done. I Interacted with the tenants on a daily basis and grew to care for thier concerns and needs.
Pros
over the top managers
Cons
only a temp employee