King County Employee Reviews

Hard working dedicated workers.
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 19, 2015
Working for the government possesses a challenge as it tends to cycle through the ups and downs of the economy and along with it the political nature of the environment tends towards the hiring of management that may lack the technical knowledge to manage the staff that reports to them. Political positioning tends to hamper employee engagement in creating efficiency and processes. Budget efficiency is at the expense of employee reclassification and layoffs. Morale is normally low but can get really low. King County is known for its hiring of temporary employees rather than hiring of Full Time employees. Lots of unofficial OJT opportunities are present but professional growth is not a priority. CoWorkers are hardworking and passionate about the service they support. Hardest Part of the job, is trying to complete a task correctly lacking resources to accomplish it. Most enjoyable part, my team/workgroup.Some of them are awesome people.
Pros
Great Retirement
Cons
Politically driven management rather than operational requirement
Good Experience
Social Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 14, 2015
I learned a lot about working for the state and gained great work experience through this internship. The skills I learned were great on the job training
Fun with an open door policy from supervisor
Administrative Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 8, 2015
Motivated and positive with many years of experience in customer service and administrative support. In addition to my enthusiasm and professionalism, I will bring to the position strong attention to detail, organization, dependability, flexibility, the ability to prioritize, multitask and more. Enjoy working as a team as well as independently and developing good working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, customers, and outside agencies.
people make the dreamwork
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 22, 2015
it is the people of king county that I loved working for, the project I worked on was great.

I really liked the people. they are all smart and always willing to go the extra miles. the work for government is really forward thinking. I enjoy it!
Overall one of best places I have worked
Business & Finance Officer III (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 15, 2015
In the area I work, Water and Land Division, employees are passionate about what they do and working to improve the environment. Great Benefits and co-workers.
Pros
Good health care and compensation
Great office and co-workers.
AmeriCorps Assistant (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAMay 26, 2015
I loved my time with King County. All my co-workers were fantastic and I really learned a lot during my time there. There was a lot of opportunity for professional development and advancement.
Great experience
BFO (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 20, 2015
Great place to work, excellent benefits. Willing to work with employees to make the job more satisfying. Overall a great place to gain experience.
Good
Community Involvement Coord/ Deputy Recorder, (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 2, 2015
I recently retired from 40 years in federal, state and local government service delivery. I am fortunate to have a good pension. My wife however will continue to work for some time until she can retire. I am therefore looking for something I would enjoy and be able to utilize the skills I have learned while at the same time make a valuable contribution to my employer and my community.
GIS/GPS Field Intern
GIS and GPS Field Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 15, 2015
Collection of field data and conversion of GPS data to useful GIS maps. Also, the conversion of ArcGIS data to a user-friendly Arc Online application for future company use. Developed critical project planning skills, database management/organization, and general processes of wastewater treatment.
Pros
great work environment, helpful mentors and management
Stay at home mother
Domestic Engineer (Former Employee) –  Renton WashingtonJanuary 13, 2015
caring for children has taught patience, teamwork, problem solving, management, cleaning, financial planning, time management, listening skills, and life experience in dealing with many different people. Hardest part of this job is that there is no time off. Best part is the Hugs and kisses and satisfaction in a job well done.
The Work Part was Good, Benefits.
Appraiser and have worked their (Former Employee) –  Black RiverDecember 2, 2014
I worked for King County in the assessor’s office. The work environment was cubicle oriented and there was quite a bit if talking as it’s not restricted. There were definitely clichés. I experienced harassment from coworkers and even from management. There were a lot of crazy-maker types. The pay and benefits are decent. But there is a lot of pressure and micro-managing. They’re definitely going to grind every penny of it out of you and then some. There was not much show of appreciation. I eventually left because I didn’t like the harassment stuff.
Pros
technology, steady salary and benefits, interesting work
Cons
micro-managing, management/administration, work environment
"Okay" as a first job. Learn what you can and move on
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 1, 2014
Don't expect to learn anything while working here. Never much training or team work here.
Pros
good benefits, good pay for work required
Cons
self-motivated work loads, no learning opportunities, poor teamwork mentality
Good place to work if you like slow-paced environment with great benefits and job security
Project Manager Graduate Intern (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 12, 2014
slow-paced
nice people. Most employee's if not all will be retiring in the next 5 years or so.
Best housing company to work for.
Supervisor Collections, A/R, and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 6, 2014
Del Webb allows any employee to advance in to any area they choose. Very diverse and open to all career opportunities.
Good work environment.
Assistant Bridge Inspector (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 23, 2014
As an intern the day was pretty slow, but the hours were flexible.
Good Pay.
Admin II (Former Employee) –  Seattle WashingtonSeptember 3, 2014
• General office functions, Office 2007 (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Open and distribute/file mail
• Payed bills, answered phones from customers
• Created labels for files, filing
• Distribute office documents among fiscal staff, coordinate payments, etc.
Pros
good pay
Cons
contract only
If you love books this is the job for you
Librarian's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carnation, WAAugust 20, 2014
Check books in or out, shelve books, help patrons, organize periodicals,etc
Pros
books! - great boss
Cons
not enough hours
Worked in Call Center in Telecommunications
Telecommunications / Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 20, 2014
Handled requests from all departments through out King County.
Pros
understanding how local government works
King County
Recreation Assistant II/ Temporary (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 6, 2014
No room for advancing. I want to be able to move or become permeant.
nice work environment
Administrative Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 17, 2014
casual environment, great people. worked with many people to get things accomplished which made it fun.

4.2