KING KHALID UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL

KING KHALID UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

EASY TO FIND A JOB
A/E Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Riyadh, SAUDI ARABIAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: free meal at work
Cons: work overload
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS YOUR FIRST DAY OF YOUR WORK WHERE YOU NEED TO MAKE FAMILIARIZE WITH YOUR CO-WORKERS, BE AWARE OF YOUR JOB DESCRIPTIONS.
productive, the area is busy
Pediatric Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee), Riyadh, S01February 27, 2014
Pros: free accomodation, food and transportation
Cons: no overtime
the area is very busy and very productive. i learned a lot in the institution ang my skills and abilities as a nurse was improved.
A very challenging and mind stimulating work.
Registered nurse - Medical Ward Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: free meals at work and home and free transportation and housing accommodation.
Cons: long hours of work up to 13 hours a day.
It is 920 bed capacity tertiary hospital that is known to be a referral center in the whole Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The day usually starts with the bedside endorsement and the routine rounds of the Primary team. It is working hand in hand with a Multidisciplinary team with its main aim that is to give the best treatment possible for the patient. Meanwhile, KKUH is also a learning Hospital that is under the Ministry of Education. Continuous research and learning is expected here. Medical interns of all career specialty are coming here for learning and experience. The hardest part of the job is the pouring of admissions at the same time from A/E, MICU or Electively aside from the procedures scheduled to patients for the day although these challenges are always overpowered by the team members cooperation and help. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing one's patient getting well and having a good prognosis. The excellent team work and healthy environment is also one more thing i have to be proud of.
EXPOSURE ON GCC
Medical Record Specialist (Current Employee), Riyadh, S01August 21, 2013
Pros: compactablity
Cons: nice working hrs
LEARNED SCANING, EMR, NEW TECHNOLOGIES, NEW SYSTEM MEDICAL RECORDS
KKUH is a well equipped multispeciality hospital which enabled me to improve my career
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Riyadh, S01May 14, 2013
Pros: free accomodation, transport and food
Cons: complete health care
KKUH is a 920 bed, JCIA and Canadian accredited multi-facility, multi-entity tertiary care hospital and one of the leading healthcare institutions in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Its Mission is to provide medical services of highly specialized nature and promote medical research and education programs, including postgraduate education training, as well as contribute to the prevention of disease.
GOOD NURSING EXPERIENCE I ENJOYED GIVING COMPASSIONATE CARE TO ALLMY PATIENTS.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Riyadh, S01March 20, 2013
Pros: all free
Cons: long hours of works but tolerable.
WORKS 12 HOURS A DAY OR 17 TO 18 DAYS A MONTH,FREE HOUSING WITH SWIMMING POOL AND GYMNASIUM AND RECREATION HALL .FREE MEALS,TRANSPORTATION,UNIFORMS LAUNDRY,FREE CHECK UP .MEDICATIONS AND SO MUCH EDUCATION AND TRAININGS.
great job
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), riyadh saudi arabiaJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: free food, good benefits
Cons: healthcare
having a job in king khalid is a great pleasure to have.Good staff and good experience i have gained.For me,no hardest part of my job because being a nurse is a big full responsible and i have to enjoy my work and at the same time i care for my patient.
Its a good hospital and place of work
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Riyadh, S01October 25, 2012
Pros: free food during duty hours, accommodation and travel allowances, free holiday tickets
Cons: less number of off duties, less salary, pregnancy policies
Its a 12 hours shift starting at 7:30 am.During weekdaysthe ward is busy with admissions ,surgery of the inpatients ,procedures inside and outside the ward etc.As a team we work ,all the co-workers are very helpful and supportive.its very much enjoyable to work with them.The management is also good giving adequate benefits.
AN INDEPENDENT NURSING CARE AND MANAGEMENT TOWARDS OUR DAILY PATIENT'S ALLOCATION
Staff RN (Current Employee), London, ENGOctober 12, 2012
Pros: free meal 2times per duty
Cons: 12 hours duty with small breaks in between
ADMISSIONS AND DISCHARGE CARE IS OUR MAIN DAILY ROLE..WE HAVE A GOOD TEAMWORK TOWARDS MY COLLUEGES,,I CAN SAY THAT I AM EXPERIENCED HANDLING PRE AND POST OP PATIENTS,,HANDLING INFUSION PUMPS AND MONITORING PATIENTS..MY HARDEST PART OF MY JOB IF I AM DEALING WITH UNCOOPERATIVE AND OLD AGE PATIENTS THE ONE WITH DEMENTIAS AND ACUTE POST OP PAIN AND MILD CONFUSIONS ASSOCIATED WITH RESTLESSNESS..I ENJOYED A LOT TO THOSE PATIENTS WITH HUMORS ESPECIALLY MY COLLUEGES TO PASS OVER OUR DUTY HOURS WITHOU ANY PRESSURE
Fun everyday learning experience
Medical Secretary (Current Employee), Riyadh, S01October 2, 2012
Pros: free transportation with meal allowances
Cons: our safety once outside the hospital
My typical day of work is dealing with different physicians and doctors-in-training or the interns. My daily routine would be taking their attendance everyday during the daily morning meeting, composing memorandum, attending meetings/seminars sponsored by our department, dealing with other hospitals concerning our in-training doctors, and to follow-up of things that needs to done for the day. I learned how to adjust my way of handling things since I also have to consider their culture and values. My co-workers are helped me a lot with my work, adjust in the new country and very friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people with different personalities and nationalities.
Fun
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Riyadh, S01September 28, 2012
Pros: housing, transportation allowance and 45 days vacation annually.
King Khalid University Hospital is a tertiary hospital with 850 bed capacity and typically crowded and busy during day time. I learned the time management and being patient when someone complaint of prolong waiting. Fortunately, I always have good team who knows how to unite in times of peak hours. The hardest part of the job, I can't think of anything because I used to solve problems as much as possible and everything would be easy. The most enjoyable part of my job is when patient appreciate my kind and care communication with them. The only thing I regret about, there is no rotation of assignment, as Technologist, I'd always wanted to have experience in every area, the more you learn the more you are satisfied being a Radiologic Technologist.
The King Khalid University Hospital is a modernized hospital conducive for working and continous learning.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaSeptember 9, 2012
Pros: there is free complte 3 meals for the nurses, free accommodation, free transportation, free laundry and ironing of uniforms, free groceries worth 450 riyals, free elctricity, free water supply
Cons: we work for 12 hours in a shift and a scheduled one moth day shifts and one month night shifts.
OUR WARD IS ALWAYS A FULL-HOUSE WARD WHERE WE START ENDORSEMENTS OF PATIENTS AT 07:30 HOURS IN THE MORNING AFTER WE DID OUR RESPECTIVE WARD ASSIGNMENTS SUCH AS COUNTING THE NARCOTIC MEDICATIONS, TIDYING OF THE STORE ROOM, I.V. FLUID ROOMS, CHECKING OF CRASH CARTS, UPDATING THE MEDICATION ROOM AND MEDICATION TROLLEY, AUDITING OF EQUIPMENTS WE ARE USING IN THE WARD.AFTER 15 MINUTES OF PATIENTS ENDORSEMENTS WE WILL DO THE TIDYING OF BEDSIDE TABLES AND BEDSHEETS OF PATIENTS, THEN FOLLOWED WITH CHECKING OF VITAL SIGNS, ADMINISTERING OF MEDICATION TO DIFFERENT PATIENTS, PERFORMING BEDSIDE CARE, FEEDING THE PATIENT THROUGH NASOGASTRIC TUBE, GASTROSTOMY TUBE AND THE LIKE. WHEN THE DOCTORS ARRIVED WE WILL DO ROUNDS OF PATIENTS WITH THE DOCTORS, THEN AFTER ROUNDS WE WILL CARRY OUT DOCTORS ORDERS AND BY THEN WE WILL START THE NURSES DOCUMENTATION OF WHAT WE DID FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE SHIFT.IN BETWEEN WE WILL CHECK THE RESULTS OF THE BLOOD TESTS OF THE PATIENT IN THE COMPUTER AND IF THERE IS AVAILABLE RESULT WE WILL PRINT AND SHOW THE LABORATORY RESULTS TO THE DOCTOR FOR FURTHER TREATMENT IF THERE ARE DEVIATIONS....IN BETWEEN THE TIME WE ARE TURNING THE BEDRIDDEN PATIENTS, WE DO PERINEAL CARE, AND IF THERE ARE SCHEDULED DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURE FOR THE PATIENT WE PERSONALLY BRING THE PATIENT TO THE RESPECTIVE DIAGNOSTIC AREA SUCH AS THE ENDOSCOPY UNIT, ULTRASOUND DEPARTMENT, RADIOLOGY DAEPARTMENT, CT SCAN DEPARTMENT WITH THE HELP OF THE HEALTHCARE ASSISSTANT....I LEARNED HOW TO MANAGE THE WARD AND THE STAFF IF I AM ASSIGNED AS A CHARGE NURSE...I LEARNED HOW TO MAKE SHIFTING SCHEDULES OF – more... THE STAFF NURSES.I DO ALSO LEARNED HOW TO PERFORM IN THE CODE BLUE WHEN A PATIENT NEEDS CARDIAC RESUSCITATION...I LEARNED WELL HOW TO PRIORITIZED THINGS WHEN TAKING CARE OF THE PATIENTS..I LEARNED HOW TO COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY WITH THE MEDICAL TEAM USING THE SBAR TECHNIQUE..I LEARN HOW TO CANNULATE THE PATIENT ASEPTICALLY AND DRAW BLOOD FROM THE PATIENT'S VEIN FOR LABORATORY WORKS.... I LEARNED TO ADAPT TO THE CULTURE OF SAUDI NATIONALS AND QUICKLY COMPREHEND THE LANGUAGE OF ARABIC.....THE MANAGEMENT IS VERY SUPPORTIVE WITH THE NURSING STAFF...THERE IS EQUALITY OF TREATMENT..THERE IS NO DISCRIMINATION BETWEEN STAFF AND SUPERIORS....THERE RE SEMINARS AND NURSING TRINING RELATED TO PATIENT CARE AVAILABLE FOR THE REGISTERED NURSE TO UPDATE THEIR SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND ATTITUDES...MY CO STAFF WORKERS ARE OF DIFFERENT NATIONALITIES RANGING FROM INDIANS, NIGERIANS, PAKISTANIS, MALAYSIANS, SAUDIS AND FILIPINOS....THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB IS WE WORK AS A TEAM EVERYDAY HELPING EACH OTHER WITH THE CARRYING OUT OF NURING CARE AND WE DO EASILY FINISH THE JOB.. – less
hospitality and Good Service to all the people
Office Staff (Former Employee), Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaJuly 22, 2012
Pros: lunch free
Cons: breaks in 15 minutes everyday
This is a Goverment Hospital in Riyadh Saudi Arabia, around 570 capacity Beds and more than 500 hundreds of workers inside the hospital and I'am inside the Laundry Section as a Office Staff.
lots of work but happy with my colleagues
Staff Nurse/Clinical Coordinator/Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Riyadh, Saudi KSAJuly 2, 2012
Pros: free grocery and free lunch
Cons: 1 hr break for lunch
In my everyday work in King Khalid University Hospital we are always busy because we handle more doctors and medical students but its okay,i'll learned a lot in my everyday work i know how to handle for job pressure. My colleagues we are closed, they help each other when it comes to work. The hardest part of my job when I' am alone because of my colleagues it's on vacation i'am the one to replace her and i work for two jobs thanks god no problem at all. The most enjoyable part of my job is we have monthly short party in our department we have free lunch and free gift from our chairman.
staffnurse in kkuh urology dep.
staffnurse (Former Employee), riyadhNovember 24, 2011
Pros: foodfree
Cons: staffnurse
still i am working in riyadh with my family.
i am in kkuh urology ward. procedure room . i have exp. in this hospital mor than 6 years. i like to go an work in canada as caregiver ,nanny
My coworkers are multinational, we had good unity in our work place,it helps me to lean more about other cultures
RIYADH, KSA (Former Employee), RN-CCUNovember 9, 2011
KingKhali d University hospital is a 919 bed tertiary refferal center, and provides services for patients in Riyadh and from throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
I started my career in the Hospital on 2005 February I resigned from this hospital after one year due to some family matter I rejoined on october 2007 till april 2011.
I worked in this hospital as CCU staff nurse this unit currently operated as 10 beds.
Our work time was 36 hour per week & 12 hour shift.

KING KHALID UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL Photos