KING KHALID UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Its fun
Food Server (Former Employee) –  SAUDI ARABIA RIYADHJune 24, 2016
Its fun to work in a hospital where in you can meet other people which is different from your races. And to work in a hospital is an honored to me.
Pros
FREE HOUSES
Cons
LONG HOURS
Productive and good working place
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  الرياضApril 25, 2016
A work place with updated equipments and machineries..With professional development seminars provided by the hospital, with free food in the female cafeteria when on duty of 9 hours, with free laundry and ironing of uniforms, with free accommodation, free groceries provided by the hospital equivalent to 1/4 of the salary, with free transportation going to and fro to the hospital especially on working days..With free gym for female nurses, free access of swimming pool inside the accommodation, free medical benefits, free air ticket to and fro during annual vacation..
productive and fun
Employee Health Clinic and Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Riyadh, S01January 15, 2016
Assisting Dr in assessing patients who comes for consultation and needed advised,taking vital signs before Dr.will attend to him,giving instructions to patient ensuring that he understand Dr's advised,etc.
I had good experience in this hospital 8 hours duty
Vascular Technician (Current Employee) –  Riyadh, S01September 28, 2015
I have learned so many skills in this hospital how to communicate other nationality co-workers perform various vascular studies ordered by physicians for upper and lower limbs physiological tests. accurate reports given this is a hardest part of the job but i have gain good experience.
Train the junior staff regarding maintenance and procedure related techniques in vascular ultrasound.
lots of benefits
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Riyadh, S01April 9, 2015
Most of my days were busy, monitoring patients condition, but I learned a lot in terms of managing different types of patients from young ones to the eldest having different types of cases. In the contrary the institutions management was quite poor, good thing my co-workers are filipino's, we were able to work harmoniously and execute high quality nursing care to our patients. The hardest part of my job is in terms of communicating with the patients, since they are talking in arabic language. We were able to attend a short term period of arabic class which the hospital provided, yet it is not enough to learn the language by heart. Yet the most enjoyable part would be seeing your patients smiling back at you, showing their appreciation on the care that you provided.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
12 hours shift
Easy to find a job
A/E Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Riyadh, SAUDI ARABIAMarch 5, 2014
The hardest part of the job is your first day of your work where you need to make familiarize with your co-workers, be aware of your job descriptions.
Pros
free meal at work
Cons
work overload
productive, the area is busy
Pediatric Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Riyadh, S01February 27, 2014
the area is very busy and very productive. i learned a lot in the institution ang my skills and abilities as a nurse was improved.
Pros
free accomodation, food and transportation
Cons
no overtime
A very challenging and mind stimulating work.
Registered nurse - Medical Ward Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaSeptember 7, 2013
It is 920 bed capacity tertiary hospital that is known to be a referral center in the whole Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The day usually starts with the bedside endorsement and the routine rounds of the Primary team. It is working hand in hand with a Multidisciplinary team with its main aim that is to give the best treatment possible for the patient. Meanwhile, KKUH is also a learning Hospital that is under the Ministry of Education. Continuous research and learning is expected here. Medical interns of all career specialty are coming here for learning and experience. The hardest part of the job is the pouring of admissions at the same time from A/E, MICU or Electively aside from the procedures scheduled to patients for the day although these challenges are always overpowered by the team members cooperation and help. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing one's patient getting well and having a good prognosis. The excellent team work and healthy environment is also one more thing i have to be proud of.
Pros
free meals at work and home and free transportation and housing accommodation.
Cons
long hours of work up to 13 hours a day.
Exposure on gcc
Medical Record Specialist (Current Employee) –  Riyadh, S01August 21, 2013
Learned scaning, emr, new technologies, new system medical records
Pros
compactablity
Cons
nice working hrs
KKUH is a well equipped multispeciality hospital which enabled me to improve my career
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Riyadh, S01May 14, 2013
KKUH is a 920 bed, JCIA and Canadian accredited multi-facility, multi-entity tertiary care hospital and one of the leading healthcare institutions in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Its Mission is to provide medical services of highly specialized nature and promote medical research and education programs, including postgraduate education training, as well as contribute to the prevention of disease.
Pros
free accomodation, transport and food
Cons
complete health care

Want to know more about KING KHALID UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL?

Ask a question
Good nursing experience I enjoyed giving compassionate care to allmy patients.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Riyadh, S01March 20, 2013
Works 12 hours a day or 17 to 18 days a month,free housing with swimming pool and gymnasium and recreation hall .Free meals,transportation,uniforms laundry,free check up .Medications and so much education and trainings.
Pros
all free
Cons
long hours of works but tolerable.
great job
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  riyadh saudi arabiaJanuary 27, 2013
having a job in king khalid is a great pleasure to have.Good staff and good experience i have gained.For me,no hardest part of my job because being a nurse is a big full responsible and i have to enjoy my work and at the same time i care for my patient.
Pros
free food, good benefits
Cons
healthcare
Its a good hospital and place of work
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Riyadh, S01October 25, 2012
Its a 12 hours shift starting at 7:30 am.During weekdaysthe ward is busy with admissions ,surgery of the inpatients ,procedures inside and outside the ward etc.As a team we work ,all the co-workers are very helpful and supportive.its very much enjoyable to work with them.The management is also good giving adequate benefits.
Pros
free food during duty hours, accommodation and travel allowances, free holiday tickets
Cons
less number of off duties, less salary, pregnancy policies
An independent nursing care and management towards our daily patient's allocation
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  London, ENGOctober 12, 2012
Admissions and discharge care is our main daily role..We have a good teamwork towards my collueges,,I can say that I am experienced handling pre and post op patients,,handling infusion pumps and monitoring patients..My hardest part of my job if I am dealing with uncooperative and old age patients the one with dementias and acute post op pain and mild confusions associated with restlessness..I enjoyed a lot to those patients with humors especially my collueges to pass over our duty hours withou any pressure
Pros
free meal 2times per duty
Cons
12 hours duty with small breaks in between
Fun everyday learning experience
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Riyadh, S01October 2, 2012
My typical day of work is dealing with different physicians and doctors-in-training or the interns. My daily routine would be taking their attendance everyday during the daily morning meeting, composing memorandum, attending meetings/seminars sponsored by our department, dealing with other hospitals concerning our in-training doctors, and to follow-up of things that needs to done for the day. I learned how to adjust my way of handling things since I also have to consider their culture and values. My co-workers are helped me a lot with my work, adjust in the new country and very friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people with different personalities and nationalities.
Pros
free transportation with meal allowances
Cons
our safety once outside the hospital
Fun
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Riyadh, S01September 28, 2012
King Khalid University Hospital is a tertiary hospital with 850 bed capacity and typically crowded and busy during day time. I learned the time management and being patient when someone complaint of prolong waiting. Fortunately, I always have good team who knows how to unite in times of peak hours. The hardest part of the job, I can't think of anything because I used to solve problems as much as possible and everything would be easy. The most enjoyable part of my job is when patient appreciate my kind and care communication with them. The only thing I regret about, there is no rotation of assignment, as Technologist, I'd always wanted to have experience in every area, the more you learn the more you are satisfied being a Radiologic Technologist.
Pros
housing, transportation allowance and 45 days vacation annually.
The King Khalid University Hospital is a modernized hospital conducive for working and continous learning.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaSeptember 9, 2012
Our ward is always a full-house ward where we start endorsements of patients at 07:30 hours in the morning after we did our respective ward assignments such as counting the narcotic medications, tidying of the store room, I.V. Fluid rooms, checking of crash carts, updating the medication room and medication trolley, auditing of equipments we are using in the ward.After 15 minutes of patients endorsements we will do the tidying of bedside tables and bedsheets of patients, then followed with checking of vital signs, administering of medication to different patients, performing bedside care, feeding the patient through nasogastric tube, gastrostomy tube and the like. When the doctors arrived we will do rounds of patients with the doctors, then after rounds we will carry out doctors orders and by then we will start the nurses documentation of what we did from the beginning of the shift.In between we will check the results of the blood tests of the patient in the computer and if there is available result we will print and show the laboratory results to the doctor for further treatment if there are deviations....In between the time we are turning the bedridden patients, we do perineal care, and if there are scheduled diagnostic procedure for the patient we personally bring the patient to the respective diagnostic area such as the endoscopy unit, ultrasound department, radiology daepartment, ct scan department with the help of the healthcare assisstant....I learned how to manage the ward and the staff if I am assigned as a charge nurse...I learned how to make shifting schedules of  more... the staff nurses.I do also learned how to perform in the code blue when a patient needs cardiac resuscitation...I learned well how to prioritized things when taking care of the patients..I learned how to communicate effectively with the medical team using the sbar technique..I learn how to cannulate the patient aseptically and draw blood from the patient's vein for laboratory works.... I learned to adapt to the culture of saudi nationals and quickly comprehend the language of arabic.....The management is very supportive with the nursing staff...There is equality of treatment..There is no discrimination between staff and superiors....There re seminars and nursing trining related to patient care available for the registered nurse to update their skills knowledge and attitudes...My co staff workers are of different nationalities ranging from indians, nigerians, pakistanis, malaysians, saudis and filipinos....The most enjoyable part of the job is we work as a team everyday helping each other with the carrying out of nuring care and we do easily finish the job..  less
Pros
there is free complte 3 meals for the nurses, free accommodation, free transportation, free laundry and ironing of uniforms, free groceries worth 450 riyals, free elctricity, free water supply
Cons
we work for 12 hours in a shift and a scheduled one moth day shifts and one month night shifts.
hospitality and Good Service to all the people
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaJuly 22, 2012
This is a Goverment Hospital in Riyadh Saudi Arabia, around 570 capacity Beds and more than 500 hundreds of workers inside the hospital and I'am inside the Laundry Section as a Office Staff.
Pros
lunch free
Cons
breaks in 15 minutes everyday
lots of work but happy with my colleagues
Staff Nurse/Clinical Coordinator/Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Riyadh, Saudi KSAJuly 2, 2012
In my everyday work in King Khalid University Hospital we are always busy because we handle more doctors and medical students but its okay,i'll learned a lot in my everyday work i know how to handle for job pressure. My colleagues we are closed, they help each other when it comes to work. The hardest part of my job when I' am alone because of my colleagues it's on vacation i'am the one to replace her and i work for two jobs thanks god no problem at all. The most enjoyable part of my job is we have monthly short party in our department we have free lunch and free gift from our chairman.
Pros
free grocery and free lunch
Cons
1 hr break for lunch
staffnurse in kkuh urology dep.
staffnurse (Former Employee) –  riyadhNovember 24, 2011
still i am working in riyadh with my family.
i am in kkuh urology ward. procedure room . i have exp. in this hospital mor than 6 years. i like to go an work in canada as caregiver ,nanny
Pros
foodfree
Cons
staffnurse

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KING KHALID UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2