King Soopers Employee Reviews

Overall a fun place to work, does need some changes though.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Littleton, COMay 20, 2015
Pros: Fun, fast paced, easy to learn
Cons: Pay, benefits, hours
A typical day at work would be hectic but not overwhelming. Working in the deli I had a lot of fun and was able to make new relationships with the people I worked with daily. I learned how to work stronger with a team rather than on my own. The management was not too bad, but I did have questions about my direct manager. Overall, the management of the company was very welcoming and understanding. My coworkers were a lot of fun to be around and they really helped push me to work my hardest. They answered any and all questions I might have had when first starting at King Soopers. The hardest part of the job was being in the back of the deli frying the chicken and making sure the hot sides were always fully stocked and taken out when they were supposed to be taken out. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and helping all the customers that would come in on a daily basis. I really enjoyed being able to meet and get to know all the regulars I would get and be able to make their experience at King Soopers something to look forward to.
Alright workplace.
Bakery Worker (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYMay 11, 2015
Pros: Good discounts on Kroger brand items and food.
Cons: Overbearing management.
A typical day at work involved coming in, and immediately wrapping and tagging bread.

Early in the afternoon I would take out frozen loaves for the 4, 5 and 6 PM fresh bread runs, and get them to thawing.
After all the bread was packaged, if there was time, cookies and pies were baked and also boxed and tagged.
Bread was stretched and scored in preparation for baking soon after, and put out to be 'proofed' before baking.
Proofing was 15 minutes, baking 25.
Throughout the day, it was my responsibility to write on cakes as asked if the bakery cake artist was away.
4, 5 and 6 PM bread deliveries are made, and an announcement made over the intercom.
Lunch would be around then.
After 6, it would be my responsibility to start cleaning for the evening.
Everything was to be cleaned thoroughly.
From 7-8 I would package and mark down donuts for the evening, and then wash all the donut trays.

Management was alright, although one manager was very overbearing, and very bad about micromanaging.
They alone made the job very difficult, as well as creating more work for me when I was working on my own.

My co-workers were rather nice to work with, when I saw them.
The hardest part of the job was closing alone, and the most enjoyable was making bread calls over the intercom.
Kroger's is a good company, enjoyed the many
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), Firestone, COMay 4, 2015
Pros: good study work had a lot of fun
Cons: I was left hung out to dry several times by department managers. very harmful to job
During my time with this company it was rewarding and full of challenges. I had a great deal to learn as a employee of King Soopers. I spent my prier retail experience as a meat cutter in the cutting room. For the most part a lot of the customer service was new to me but I learned quickly and became a top notch employee.
If not for some mistakes that were costly in a learning process when I first started. I enjoyed my job
Front End Manager (Former Employee), Evergreen, COMay 4, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: No employee dining area
I really enjoyed working at King Soopers because I got to learn all aspects of the store and I got to work in every department.
Community pharmacy setting inside of a grocery store.
Intern Pharmacist (Current Employee), Aurora, COApril 30, 2015
Pros: Work every 3 third weekend at most locations
Cons: Unionized
King Soopers is an average company to work for, in the last eight years I have seen a drastic change in how management treats their employees. It used to be more like a family company, with company functions and holiday parties and showing appreciation toward them. Now they do not do not have these functions that make you want to work for the company.
They do not provide enough help in the pharmacy most of the time, they stretch hours very thinly, which instills to much stress on the pharmacists. Medical errors happen due to fatigue and stress.
I do like building the repertoire with customers that come to the stores all the time. Building relationships is a strong point in the community setting.
Great Benefits and overall job security
Front End All Purpose Clerk (Current Employee), ColoradoApril 28, 2015
I am currently working as an all purpose clerk in the front end, being trained for potential management positions. I have experience checking and working the service desk. I will be trained for bookkeeping. Front end management is somewhat lacking in involvement. The initial training I had was very sloppy and could use some great improvement, but I do understand that the front end department is shorthanded. Overall, I enjoy the company's dedication to its employees, but the store I specifically work at could use some improvements in its upper management.
What a joke
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Longmont, COApril 27, 2015
Pros: employee discount, coworkers
Cons: unbredictable breaks and lunches, union, poor managment, a lack of concern for public health
The Deli has the highest turnover of the entire store. After being transferred to that department, I can tell why.The pay was bad, the union and management were jokes, they write up people for calling in sick with whopping cough, wont let their workers go home when they are visibly sick to the public while serving food. Oh, not to mention the weekly union dues that came out of our checks even though we couldn't receive benefits unless we've been with the company for over a year. It seems very high school there. The coworkers (mostly management) don't treat you with any respect unless you've been there over three years seems like. Oh and have a family? Forget about having any free time. You'll be lucky to get two weekends off in six months. There's no flexibility. There were countless times I had to cancel appointments as well, because my manager wouldn't work with me. I often would have to trade shifts with other coworkers, just to see my doctor. This put my health on the back burner as result on several occasions.
This wasn't true of all departments, but the deli had these ridiculous closing lists that looked sort of like a college thesis paper outline and it had EVERYTHING that had to be done in the deli before we went home at 11pm between 2-3 people and no management to speak of if we had questions or god forbid something broke. Every single person who worked as a closer at the deli spoke of walking out on the job. Pretty appalling for the largest King Soopers from here to the West Coast. The pay wasn't equal at all. There was seriously a kid who was 18 making more than I am with an associates degree, and we had the same exact job.
Fun and exciting work place
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 22, 2015
I learned so much in such a small period of time. The people I worked with will remind me of the good times I had and loved every minute of working for the company.
First Job
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Aurora, ColoradoApril 22, 2015
It was a great place to start working, I learned a lot. It wasn't a very friendly environment when it came to coworkers, but i loved the customers.
Great place to work with flexible availability.
Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COApril 17, 2015
King Soopers is a growing company with the utmost emphasis on customer satisfaction. There are many positions available both at store level and corporate office. Advancement is easy to achieve, if you're willing to work hard and efficient.
QA
Service Desk Clerk/Fuel Attendant (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 15, 2015
maintained a high quality of meats and a higher quailty of cleaniliness. it was a all around great job. i enjoyed the people and things around me.
Horrible Company to work for
Title, Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great pay once Journeymen or management
Cons: Bad management, poor company decisions, poor benefits.
King Soopers, which is owned by Kroger is horrible when it comes to working for them. They don't ever have enough employees in a store to help with the customers and demand. Position I had involved me doing the work equivalent of 10 people in an 8 hour shift. Not only was it stressful, it was miserable. I hated getting up to go to work and often times thought about walking out on the job.

Most of the co-workers I worked with were awesome, management, not so much.

In the end, I believe that if Kroger truly believed in their employees, they'd be able to hold on to them for much longer then a few months. Turnover rate is ridiculous for them. One month you see some new faces, the next, they've been replaced with more new people.
high paced
King Soopers General Merchandise Clerk (Current Employee), Westminster, COApril 13, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: salary
high paced job kept you on your toes, busy atmosphere were open 24 hours a day 7 days a week felt we worked hard and were not compensated
Worked Customer Service, Fuel Center (Current Employee), ColoradoApril 9, 2015
After a day at King Soopers you feel stressed!! I learned a lot from them, such as customer service, and Management but its not enough. Management there is different, they all have their favorites and play favorites when it comes to schedules or vacations. I feel every manager should treat everyone equally. My co-workers are the ones I well miss the most. I am a very friendly person who gets along with all of them. The hardest part of my job is having to deal with workers and managers that trash talk about each others, I hate that the most keep it to yourself. The most enjoyable part of my job are my customers, they are awesome and love seeing them.
Assistant Department Head (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 8, 2015
The hardest part of the job was having a personal life. They always expected you to show up even on a last minute basis (i.e. 15 mins). The most enjoyable part was money. That's all that mattered at a company like Kroger,
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Aurora, COApril 8, 2015
Pros: friends
Cons: Pay
a typical day at work for me was I never knew what each day had in store for me. What customers I would run in to or what daily activities I had a great management team starting out then as time went on my management dropped the ball as far as responsibility. I learned a lot in my time there, I was operating their cash register and learning to get more out of a work day. My co-workers were friendly and welcoming but there were a few that were less than adequate. The hardest part about my job was trying to go back to work after an injury and do everything as if nothing ever happened. The most enjoyable part was I never knew who I would meet and what walk of life they came from.
Great place to work! Probably the most enjoyable job I've ever had. I learned alot and the day went fast. If I'd stayed in Coloado I'd still be there
Deli (Former Employee), Castle Rock, COApril 8, 2015
Pros: Lunch wasn't free but was always good and breaks were fair.
Cons: None
A great General Manager, knowledgeable, pleasant and fun Department Manger and fellow working staff genuinely committed to serving the customer fast, accurate and friendly service in a professional manner.
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Austin Bluffs Colorado Springs,COApril 7, 2015
Pros: Discount on grocecies.
My duties at King Soopers as Night Stocker Break Down Grocery load off plated. Learned to preform multiply task under pressure.Worked with good people some of management needs to step up but other then that good management.Most enjoyable part of my job is helping out the customers.
It's an okay place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lakewood, COApril 7, 2015
Pros: Good coworkers, Paid vacation and holiday pay.
Cons: Bad management and head clerks only cared about themselves. And The union was a joke!
I found when I was working at King soopers management play favoritism. In short I think corporate should take a hard long look who they let manage stores.
Managers were too buddy-buddy with eachother.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYApril 3, 2015
Cons: Awful store management
The store managers harassed employees on a regular basis, only coming out of there office to whine and gripe about how the sales floor looked. Department managers were easy to get along with and often shared the harassment. The co-workers were always easy to talk to. I didn't learn much, other than King Soopers doesn't care about its employees, only sales.

1 2 3 4 5

About King Soopers

Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, Kroger (NYSE:KR) is one of the nation's largest grocery retailers, with fiscal 2010 sales of – Read more

King Soopers Salaries