King Soopers Employee Reviews in United States

I miss it
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CO 80020August 17, 2016
Great place to work if you dont mind manual labor. Grocery and produce departments pay good, front end baggers very little pay.
Pros
Paid vacation, Benifits, 401k, Paid every week
Fun place to work with opportunity for growth
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COAugust 11, 2016
King Soopers is a great place to work with many different opportunities in multiple departments as well as management opportunities. Decent pay and benefits.
productive and busy place
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 2, 2016
King Soopers is in the top 5 of grocery and pharmacy stores in the state of Colorado. It is busy and productive. I started at a teen and grew with the company. I get along with all my co workers very well and we enjoy the day to the best of out ability when we can.
I learned a lot. This company does not supply the tools for your everyday job
Floral Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 31, 2016
They require job performance but do not provide the tools to get your everyday job done in a reasonable amount of time. I liked the people I worked with. I like customers. The hardest part of my job is not having the required tools to perform at the level i needed to.
King Soopers CC/ Checker
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 31, 2016
Good part time job with flexible hours with opportunity for advancement.
Good co-workers, convenient location, minimal experience required, takes time to move up.
Pros
Great co-workwers
Cons
Pay is average, part-time only
Falling from Grace
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 30, 2016
Will be the first to collapse for loosing good people. Company makes no attempt to develop middle managers. Continually promotes unqualified individuals. ZERO TRAINING at all levels of the organization offered.
Pros
big company
Cons
no training
Good Benifits
All Purpose Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 22, 2016
Great people with a chance to get good salary. Great co workers. Once you get to know the customers they become your family.
Pros
Good insurance. UFCW7 benefits, paid vacation, picnics and parties
Cons
Customers who are rude, high turn over, must be able to satisfy customers while meeting required checking speeds.
Fun Place
customer service/ deli cook (Former Employee) –  28th Quebec StreetJuly 19, 2016
I really enjoyed my self working there it was fun and I got to meet a lot of interesting people. My co-workers was a great team to work with.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
Great customers
Kings Soopers great place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 6, 2016
management is great, customers are always nice, they have great prices, learned how to operate different machinery such as slicers, fryers, ovens, hardest part was on special occasions having to keep up with everyday job duties, most enjoyable was the customers.
Pros
co-workers, management
Busy workplace
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 6, 2016
The typical workplace was friendly and enjoyable. I bagged groceries and assisted customers to their car and put the groceries in their car for them. The job was fast paced and the customers were also friendly and gave tips which was very great. The management was great and very friendly to work with. There wasn't really any type of difficulty of the job, it was fun and easy directions to follow. The co workers were friendly and very helpful.
Fun, collaborative work place
Deli Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 6, 2016
positive work environment. Talking to and getting to know customers. Great way to learn about Boars Head product.
Pros
free samples
Cons
late hours
Hedonistic and altogether poorly run company
Customer Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJune 30, 2016
King Soopers provides cheap food and other random grocery store amenities. Their inherent lack of care for their employees shows through every step they take and do not care for their customers or employees.
Pros
Cons
No room to advance unless you are liked by upper management, lack of pay, union, write-up happy
Great Experience
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 27, 2016
King Soopers is a great place to work, really is. The one at Arapahoe Crossings I can't say many negative things about.
Though, the scheduling is confusing. They contract out people who don't know English, don't understand a thing you are trying to say, and have no clue how to do their job.
Other than that, great place to work and start a career with.
Pros
Union
Cons
Contract out people who just don't care.
productive
Courtesy clerk (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COJune 26, 2016
It was good to work for this company. I learned to greet people, assisted people find items, bag for them and even sometimes assisted them to their cars.
Pros
productive
Cons
got paid every week
Managemet is very great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJune 26, 2016
A typical day at work would be just clocking in and getting on a register. What I learned was to scan produce really fast. Management was very nice if we were short handed they would jump in and pitch a hand. My co-workers were also very nice we all did the same job so no one ever sat around. The hardest part of the job was staying hunched over the check out stand. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and making friends at work.
ugh
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 25, 2016
if you live in Colorado there is no doubt you well at one point go through a dark time in your life where you work for king supers. its okay. it gets better. spread your wings and fly away from this horrible corporate nightmare.

in all seriousness it just has the same problems as every major retailer. its impossible to get noticed and move up the ladder without being some kind of superhero whiling to grind it our for years and years and years. and the schedul is unpredictable and can seriously damage your life. Also if you need/want a full time job. do NOT work for king soopers. they well NOT give you enough hours and well NOT work with you to set your hours if you are trying to get a second job.

basically if you are in desperate need of money (not much because they pay garbage) and only want to work part time i guess you can do this for a few months before you lose your mind

also i havent worked here in years so im not just salty this is my honest cool headed assessment
Pros
its not walmart
Cons
everything else
Okay
Curtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 25, 2016
Management had some good leaders co-workers good late hours long days you work hard and you get a 30 minute lunch if you work six plus hours
The more you know the more you are asked to do.
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COJune 24, 2016
Sink or swim training program.
Management throughout the company are ill equipped and have been promoted too hastily.
High turnover rate, no employee retention
Pros
MOney
Cons
incompetent managers
be ready for anything
Front End Supevisor for Cashier (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJune 23, 2016
being front end manager ,you are all over , never a dull moment ,there always something going on and i have to be ready to answer to all that calls for my help.
Pros
be ready for anything at all times.
Cons
poor benefits
Would be a great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 20, 2016
The seniority system needs to be worked on. Forced to take a position change out side my available hours of work because I was "the low man on the totem pole".
Pros
Compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at King Soopers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9