PSYCHAITRIC NURSE PRACTITIONER
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Conduct Psychiatric Diagnostic Assessments of children ,Adolescents,Adults and Seniors utilizaling Mutiaxil format
Exhibits proficiency in diagnosing and determining appropriate level of care based on client symptoms.
Provide medication management services to agency patients.
Ability to conduct risk assessments and take the appropriate actions.
Evaluate the effectiveness, use, side effects of prescribed medications
Address medication concerns and respond in a timely manner
Perform required vital sign/weight/height measurements, if needed
Process medication refill requests
Administer medication if needed
Work with a physician or alone in outpatient clinic setting
Provides accurate and complete documentation IN the EMR system.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION , CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Appropriate State Licensure in Texas. Licensure must be maintained
- Advanced practice degree (APRN, MSN-FNP, GNP, PMHNP, CNS, PCNS or similar degree)
- Be psychiatric certified by ANCC or ANA
- Have an unrestricted Texas license as a nurse practitioner or clinical nurse specialist
- Have prescriptive authority and DEA number
- Prior psychiatric experience is preferred