Kings Dominion Employee Reviews in United States

Great First Job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAJune 22, 2016
This is such a great place to work. The work was not hard. Most co-workers were great to be around and work with. Supervisors were more than willing to work with you. I was able to have a lot of influence in my work schedule. This is such a great place for a first job. Plus you get free entry to the park whenever you want as long as you are an employee
Productive, fun place with great cafeteria
Sales Assiciate (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAJune 18, 2016
Everyday you work your hardest due to the mass of people but management makes the best out of it due to arcade, grill, and movie nights along with the optional trips. Since the prices are high you get a useful 20% discount as well as cheaper foods.
just simply amazing
Supervisor for Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAJune 7, 2016
exceeding guest expectation is what this company is all about and i have grow and benefited just by making someone else happy on a day to day basis and i love that.
Pros
lunches are some expensive
Cons
break are not so long
A family-oriented and exciting exprience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 4, 2016
I really enjoyed the working environment. It was very family oriented and fast-paced. The crowds at the time were overwhelming but after a while it felt refreshing to see new eager patrons everyday.
Pros
Free rides, Fun-loving employees
enjoyable part of the day
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAMay 20, 2016
I loved working at kings dominion cause there was never a dull moment. I loved my coworkers and the guests were always friendly. I worked at a fun ride that most people liked.
Fun workplace
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Doswell, VAMay 19, 2016
Working at kings dominion it was a diverse environment. I've meet new people and learned new things. I love to make costumers happy and that's what i like about it most!
Cons
12 hour shifts and one 30 minute break
Fun workplace
Sales lead (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAMay 19, 2016
A typical day at Kings Dominion always included making others happy. The hardest part of the job is always being on your feet, but overall the workplace is a positive, fun environment.
Productive and Fun
Promotions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAMay 18, 2016
I worked here for two years as an intern and loved my job and manager. I got to gain a lot of experience as well as learn new things every day at my job. It was very hands on. Really wished there were more chances to move up in the company.
Pros
Fun working environment
Cons
low retention
Productive workplace
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAMay 10, 2016
When it rained everybody came into the restuarant and I made conversation. I learned to work with my coworkers and and work as a team. The manager's was very nice and they cooperated with everyone. My coworker's was very self asorbed and nice. The hardest part about my job was lifting ice and washing dishes. I enjoyed working with everyone and the food.
Pros
free drink
Cons
short breaks
You will work hard, yet have fun at the same time.
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAMay 9, 2016
Usually I would clock in around 8 or nine in the morning and work at the assigned ride for the day. I will say you will work extremely hard during the time you spend there.
fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAApril 26, 2016
Working for Kings Dominion was by far the best job I've had.I got along with all my co workers and it was never a dull day. I enjoyed waking up and going there to work because we all knew how to have fun while working hard at the same time. However management wasn't so good. The supervisor we had was somewhat lazy and didn't really help out much. It seemed as if she hated her job and it will sometimes bring down the mood in the restaurant.
love it
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 7, 2016
great place to work very fun great atmosphere different cultures hardest part is cleaning but other than that it has great environment
Fun place to work
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Doswell, VAMarch 31, 2016
Very fast paced job. Fun experience with people from all over the world. Co-workers and managers are great and are very cooperative. Great roller coasters, food, shows, etc.
Pros
free entry to park
Cons
very hot during summer
Productive and motivated
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAFebruary 25, 2016
The atmosphere at Kings Dominion fostered great communication and relation with guests. Additionally, the individuals I worked with were energetic and eclectic. The typical day varied on the grounds that my shift occasionally changed. However, the typical day began with arriving at 8:50 am to the assist the opening of the ride, White Water Canyon. While working there, I further developed my communication skills, being able to communicate with many diverse individuals. However, the hardest part of the day were the scattered fourteen hour days. Though, that was the hardest part, it was countered by the free compensation for entry into sister parks. Additionally, there was free entry into the park itself coupled with free parking.
Pros
Free tickets for other affiliated parks and free parking
Cons
Extensive periods of time in the sun
fun environment
Ride Operator and Attendant (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAFebruary 24, 2016
Worked here 12 plus years ago. Was a fun environment, great job for a teenager. Weren't the best with communication with their employees and area managers could have been more kind, but all in all, good starter job.
Okay place to work
Park Services (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAFebruary 16, 2016
It's a decent enough place to work for the summer and the people that I worked with were very nice. Supervisors do their best to accommodate requests from workers but I didn't feel like I was given enough training on what to do in the area I worked in. Also they'll often try to push you to work long hours. They do have special events for park workers during the year though so it's a place that tries to treat the people that work there well.
Pros
You can visit the park for free in your off time
Cons
Pay isn't particularly great, long hours and the work can be difficult depending on what dept you are in
Kings Dominion
Doswell Va - Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAFebruary 10, 2016
This was a fantastic job! I got to work with so many different cultures it was great! I made friends who live in Turkey and Asia that would try to teach me their language.
Awsome Workplace
Food/Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  16000 Theme Park Way, Doswell, VA 23047February 10, 2016
A typical day at work was always fun and busy. I learned a lot and especially how to move customers in and out quickly with great service. The management there was awesome and they always kept it fun and enjoyable. They kept you motivated, even at the toughest of times, to keep pushing and working hard until the end of your shift. My co-workers were always great to be around and team work was a big key between us to keep the place in top shape. The hardest part of the job was the occasional rude customers, no matter how nice your were, would still be rude. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing what I love and working in a fast pace environment.
Fun but overbearing
Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 27, 2016
This job was good for me when I was in highschool. Although it took up most of my time the pay was definitely good. Only downside is working outside with no A/C for the long hours.
A good job for a student
Haunt Actor (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAJanuary 14, 2016
A typical day at work involved clocking in, getting into costume and makeup, and walking around kings dominion scaring people. It was a very fun job and helped me find a side to my personality that I didn't know existed.
Pros
food, music, meet new friends
Cons
Working outside nin the cold and rain