Kings Dominion Employee Reviews

It was horrible 12 hour work days only one break and no overtime pay
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), VirginiaJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Free admission into the park
Cons: Everything else
A typical day at work would include me walking to my stand and selling food. It wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have to work 12 hour days with only one break. Kings Dominion does not pay your over time because they are seasonal and they do not have too. My favorite part about working there was my co-workers and free admission to the park.
I worked the food and beverage stand.
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee), Doswell, VAJune 10, 2015
I had a typical day providing great customer service. I learned to count the register and bring correct change. I worked with my supervisor at a understandable level. It was hot outside in the park. I like to go to work with people/
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee), Doswell, VAJune 9, 2015
Pros: cheap lunch
Cons: everything else
Their management crew in the department has no experience in the field they are in charge of.The vehicles you use are old and dangerous to operate,since do not leave the park,They have no state inspections
Theme Park
Volunteer Associate (Former Employee), Doswell, VAMay 25, 2015
Pros: Meeting people and learning new things
Cons: Extremely long hours
This was a job I had a volunteer, I was on an AAU basketball team and we volunteered for a fund raiser. The job was very enjoyable and educational for customer service experience in the future. The hardest part was the extremely long hours.
Daily Routines
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Doswell,VAMay 22, 2015
-Maintaining a safe environment all around the water park
-Performing safety measures when needed, such as CPR, Heimlich, or other life saving techniques
Good work place if you start out plus transportation
Food Host/Cashier (Former Employee), Doswell, VAMay 15, 2015
Pros: Transportation, Free Ticket etc
Working at Kings Dominion was a blast. I had two great supervisor who sole duty was to make sure you were doing a good job without the extreme strictness. Transportation was a blessing considering at the time I didn't have a car ride which I like. I also got six free ticket so my family got to go in for free which they like and enjoy.
Kings Dominion . . .
Ride Operator (Former Employee), Doswell, VAMay 8, 2015
I would say kings dominion is the job for you only if you're really desperate for a job. What I didn't like about was the hours. In my area there was more than 20 of us. Sometimes they had me working open to close for a whole week with two days off only because I had practice on those days. The only good thing was the fat checks I received every two weeks
Fun place to work for teenagers
Ride host/operator (Former Employee), Doswell, VaMay 6, 2015
Pros: Lots of hours, free admission to the park, bus to take you there, cheap food, and positive environment
Cons: Strict on policies
A typical day was face paced. It involved a lot of standing and hard work. I learned how to work with different types of people. Management was good. They were very helpful and friendly. Most of my co-workers were really fun. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the extreme temperatures while working. The most enjoyable part of the job was when everybody was on one accord. I met some of the nicest people there.
Excellent Employer
Games and Attractions Operations Manager (Current Employee), Doswell, VAMay 3, 2015
Pros: A lot of ouside the box thinking
Cons: Working Holidays
The typical day consisted of a 8-12 hour shift in which I managed 175 employees. I evaluated the different business trends and made adjustments as necessary. Negotiated pricing for the various products we offer in addition to creating my department's annual financial budget. I've learned a lot about the various spending trends and how to project our daily attendance along with being very handy with tools as necessary. My counterparts are very resourceful and handle any request in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job is adjusting to uncontrollable spending patterns of our guest especially our Season's Pass Holders. Trying to find the next trendy item that is considered a commodity for our guest. The most enjoyable part of my job is the relationships I've built with my staff co-workers and most importantly our guests.
it's a good job for your first time being in retail
Merchandising Clerk (Former Employee), Doswell, VAApril 16, 2015
Pros: free admission into the park, longer breaks
Cons: the weather changes
My review for this job isn't any different. All I did at Kingsdominion was engage with our customers, work the register, and make sure we stock our product and kept a clean and tidy environment.
Kings Dominion
Cashier / Hostess (Former Employee), Doswell, VaApril 10, 2015
Kings Dominion Is A Great Place To Work For Your First Job. You Get To See And Meet New People. This Job Gives You Confidence. It Also Teaches You To Have Great Communication Skills.
I love this job
Teller (Former Employee), Doswell,vaApril 2, 2015
I love being out side and running around working. I love helping customers and all the kids. i worked for kings dominion for two years. One year i worked in food and the second year i worked doing the kids face paints. Loved it
Fun with Friends
Planet Spooky Worker (Former Employee), Doswell, VAMarch 26, 2015
I liked working with the kids. I liked to costumes. I liked the break from Haunt. I didn't like the weather changing so drastically.
Productive and fun workplace
CASHIER/COOK (Former Employee), Doswell, VAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: cheap lunches
Cons: usually had to stay 3 hours after shift was over
A typical day at kings dominion I would come in get my apron on and go straight to the register. I learned that team work gets everything moving quicker. The management team help a lot and worked with us , my co-workers were very helpful and fun. The hardest part of the job was trying to get the long lines moving as they were growing, but the most enjoyable part of the job was just being around my co-workers.
Cashier/Cook
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Doswell, VAMarch 5, 2015
i Enjoyed working a kings dominion , management was always help-ful and my co-workers were great the hardest part was getting up there from richmond
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Doswell, VAFebruary 28, 2015
great lace to work, ok pay, but great benefit and learning experience.Training is very useful. They should work more on how they choose the supervisors.
The hardest part of the job
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee), Doswell, VAFebruary 27, 2015
Tried to keep a customer satisfied and happy, and Staying on task while there disruption in a working place, When the work place not doing so well, i will at least put a smile on my smile and show a positive attitude.
Fun
Character Escort (Former Employee), Doswell, VAFebruary 12, 2015
• Worked with children by entertaining them and posing for photographs.
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and work well without supervision.
• Able to relate to children both as a teacher/authority figure and as a friend.
• Provide park guest with top –notch customer service as a greeter and answering their questions and assisting with any problems using effective listening skills and empathy.
• Used a two way radio to communicate to head of Entertainment department.
• Made sure Character was conscious inside of the costume in high heat weather.
• Dressed the Character.
• Guided the Character through out the park in a fun and safe manner.
Fun place to work at
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Doswell, VAFebruary 10, 2015
Kings Dominion was a fun place to work at. Different cultures and people who loved working with attractions. The management was great! They were flexible and loved to have a good time. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people. Thousands of people would come to visit Kings Dominion every day to have a good time and I am glad we could provide that for them.
Sucks
Cashier & Vendor- Offer (Former Employee), Doswell, VAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: discounts and free admission
Cons: pay sucks
Working there was horrible. In the events of being employed there I had gotten injured on the job. I was a vendor while working there and so this caused me to stand and walk for very long periods of time. I was injured in the back of my knee. No one but guests saw the ingury happen. When I told my supervisor she insisted that I was lying!