Kings Dominion Employee Reviews

Worse Job Of The Summer
Food & Drinks Associate (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAMay 23, 2017
Worked here about 4 years ago, wouldn't recommend this place to anyone mangers were so mean to me they stepped on my foot and yanked water cups out my hand I even had a few make fun of me. don't work here is all I have to say I could write a novel about how many terrible things went on here but I'll keep it short.
Pros
free meals
Cons
rude mangers
Fun work place, and love the guest
Park services (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAMay 23, 2017
Very fun, good benefits, pay was great, training was not hard and they explained everything to us at training.Not only did i have the choice to learn one section but i was able to learn different sections in the park and advance in them in different shifts.
Pros
Half off lunch, free admission in the park, discounts for family.
Great place to start off your career
Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAMay 18, 2017
Working at Kings Dominion is a great way to start of your career. Meeting new people and working with other people from different countries is the best part working there.
overall great
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAMay 17, 2017
Working at Kd was great I loved it was my first job and the overall atmosphere was just great I loved Kd not working so working there was just as great.
Pros
get in the park for free and you get free tickets
Cons
gets very hot
Very fun
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAMay 14, 2017
Its a fun environment to work in but if you work with family there thats not good to do because it hurts you in the long run. I got into stuff because of that.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Bad people
Fun and great people to work with.
Haunt Tech (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAMay 7, 2017
Coming in and getting set up to build the next project or continue the project form the day before. If you ignore the heat the place was nice to work at. I liked that I was able to work at my pace and given a good open space to work with my ideas.
Pros
Good hours/
Cons
Not full time.
Decent place to work for high school age
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAMay 2, 2017
Very slow and fun environment not to hard work, being honest it is not my type of work and I could not see a career out of it plus the drive for me was almost an hour for little pay
Meh
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAApril 30, 2017
Wasn't terrible. The pay was pretty bad, but there were good opportunities for advancement. It was pretty far out of the way, but it can be hard to get a summer job as a high schooler otherwise.
Pros
Advancement, People were pretty chill
Cons
Pay, 45 mins. to work
fun place to work
Food preparer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 26, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Kings Dominion. So much to see. I got to prepare the different meals for the day. We cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner depending on your shift.
Pros
free food and discounts
Cons
get to work if weather is really bad, had to go home, and the drive was a bit long
Why I Enjoyed This Position
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAApril 20, 2017
The best part of the job was seeing the smiles and hearing the laughs of the families that come. And its great to see guests that come weekly, bi-weekly, or even daily and have them remember their experience with you
Pros
cheap lunches at emplyee cafe, free food on grill days
Cons
Short breaks
High stress environment
Rides Manager (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAApril 10, 2017
My job was to train line level staff on the operations of the ride/s they would be operating, as well as maintain their work schedules and chart their work performances for a monthly review.
Pros
Free use of the park
Cons
Long hours in the heat, no overtime, rigid policies which led to poor guest relations.
fun place
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAMarch 27, 2017
worked in operating the rides, talking to guests, getting to know people, and guest relating. The overall park is very clean and very fun place to work at.
Pros
free admission into the park
Running with your hair on fire
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Doswell, VAMarch 25, 2017
Fast paced work that keeps you on your toes at all times. I've learned to reply on the team as that really is the only way that we can have success. Be ready for anything as each day is something new.
a day working at kings dominon
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAMarch 21, 2017
kings dominion is a good summer job. i would recommend working there just be sure to choose a position you want to stick with. its a fun job because you get to see people happy and free admission is also a plus
Fun workplace with amazing benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 13, 2017
I loved the atmosphere. It was inviting and an extremely fun workplace. I learned how to better communicate with customers and better my money handling skills. The hardest part about the job was the crowd and meeting each individual's needs. But as time past I became more comfortable and was able to manage it.
Pros
Free rides, great people
Cons
The overwhelming crowds
Dangerous Place
Actor (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAMarch 13, 2017
The management cared very little about the safety of the workers. Your safety and the safety of others mattered less to them than the guest satisfaction.
Cons
Unsafe Conditions, Harassment
Fun Workplace
Merchandising, Cashier, Store Manager Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAMarch 9, 2017
Managing three areas and keeping them stocked and maintained. Always meeting new people. Due to conditions of the job being outside not everyone can handle the hours.
Amazing
Performer (Current Employee) –  Doswell, VAFebruary 28, 2017
Woring for Kings Dominion was one of the best times of my life. Being a performer there was AMAZING! You are treated with value and respect.
Being fun-employe
Food service associate (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VirginiaFebruary 27, 2017
Its an awesome experience. I've got to meet/work with different type/kind of people from different countries. I'm always being praised at making proud to represent the filipino hospitality.
Pros
Free trips, like trip to New York and trip to Washington DC
Fun and Happy work zone
Games Associate (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAFebruary 25, 2017
Working in games is quite simple honestly. In the begging of every shift you have a pre shift meeting. Which you are assigned a game and given cash to make change. You then take prizes and stock them at your game. Once finished you start to draw people to your game by courting them in over the microphone. At the end of each shift you return your money and clean your game for the next day.
Pros
Fun Environment, Potential for Growth
Cons
Seasonal, Minimum Wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kings Dominion. Our community is ready to answer.