Kings Express Employee Reviews

Agressive Management -poorly treated
Account Manager/Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 14, 2017
The management treats the employees very poorly. I would not recommend anyone working for the company. The pay is ok, but not worth how you are treated.
Pros
Satisfactory pay
Cons
Long hours. Very agressive manager who belittles employees.
Good Company
Facility/Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYAugust 22, 2017
Like many other companies there is the up and down of business. When it was busy the work was steady when it was slow hours had to be cut. over all a good experience.
A great place to start
Box Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYMay 7, 2017
This was my first job as a CDL truck driver. They taught me a lot about the trucking industry and I was able to get a lot of experience while working for them.
Nice
Driver (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILApril 5, 2017
I enjoyed working for kings in west chicago, I left because of a better job offer. Bad choice to do so, the only problem is the work hours are so inconsistent
Expect.... to have no life!
Operations (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMarch 27, 2017
The supervisor/terminal manager is not very pleasant to work with. You will hear racist remarks, they are disrespectful to the drivers who are trying to load or deliver, & they expect you to live there! 11+ hours & if you have a family problem or are sick, they aren't very understanding. Definitely not family friendly. The owner yells at everyone behind a phone speaker & never has anything nice to say. Expects you to use your personal phone for work & to work from home without compensation. So many people were fired in the short amount of time that I was there. Do NOT waste your time!!!
Pros
Office staff was great (ladies only)
Cons
Higher Management Long Hours Benefits Suck
Small but growing company
Dispatch Manager (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMarch 14, 2017
A typical day at Kings is never a typical day. Being that Kings Express is a small but growing company, you wear many hats. However you have to learn to adapt to changes at an instant.
Lots of structure still needs to be brought upon to this company. A lot of great things can come upon this company. The most difficult is having to deal with the lack of structure. Having to build everything from scratch. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that a lot of companies are recognizing the growth of Kings Express.
Pros
Growth
Cons
No structure
Unorganized management with personal agendas placed above overall success
Technician (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2017
Easiest way to put it is the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. Every person incharge of a department has there own money to make and could care less what it does to another department. You don't know what your doing until they tell you it was supposed to be done an hour ago. No honor or loyalty to employees more then willing to throw you under the bus to save there own job.
Pros
They had a family picnic
Cons
organization
can be fast paced job taking phone calls
Customer and Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14225December 20, 2016
learn as you go taking phone calls for deliveries and pickup orders. You would schedule times for pickup and deliveries.
Discontent
Office employee (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 22, 2016
Happy for many years. However, due to lack of integrity of fellow employees and owner, lost confidence in myself and company. Much nepotism and overall butt-kissing. Questionable management and accounting of payables. Believe mismanagement of funds by staff and owners.
Pros
Many good employees
Cons
Long hours, salaried so no OT
Kings/Infinity
Account manager (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2016
Severely mismanaged company. Low integrity level, corrupt employees, shady deals behind the scenes.

Mismanagement from the Top - Down

Basically, nothing more to say, except you better "BEWARE".
Pros
Cons
Everything about this company "Beware"
I really cant say
Operations Manager, dispatch (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILJuly 5, 2016
I work with 2 monitors, with 2 phones and a head set , started around 830am and stayed until the drivers were loaded.
Over viewed, the day and what's we need for freight the next day.
Pros
was my own boss, always was busy and the pay was good
Cons
no family time, didnt get a raise in over 6 years, Owner and I didnt get along after 19 tears
great opportunity
Human Resource & Safety Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 22, 2016
great opportunity in the transportation industry
business closed
STA clearance
wide range of employment opportunities
sales and service
Operations (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 28, 2015
poor financial condition. Lack of leadership. Horrible accounting practices. Not customer oriented. Lack of vision for future
Pros
good relationship with customers
Cons
poor financial condition
Great Place to work
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 20, 2015
Nice facility, relaxed atmosphere, willing to work with employees. Training program. Contact with inner staffing as well.
Nice mid size company.
Account Manager, Transportation Sales (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 18, 2015
Great place to learn the day to day operations of a trucking company. Probably the best transportation company I've worked for as far as customer service goes.
productive and Fast paced work place.
Night Operations Clerk/Admin (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYMarch 31, 2014
Working for this company gave me an opportunity to advance my work ethic skills and I am thankful that my co-workers were always willing to teach me new things. A typical day at work is very fast paced you must keep up with the contestant flow of paperwork from the truck drivers, keep up with multiple emails received a day, data entry, filing, faxing ect. The most enjoyable part of my job would be being able to build relationships with our customers and working as a team with my co-workers.
good place to work
Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  Elmira, NYApril 25, 2013
In charge of freight management and supervision of employees at the Elmira terminal. Handled package delivery and regularly conducted building maintenance.
Great place to work!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJanuary 16, 2013
Typically we were busy all the time, morning started w/ a coffee and instructions, then we were on the road on our routes, I learned how to manage my time, keep accurite records, and work hard.
Pros
enjoyed this very much!
Cons
i can't go back.
Poor excuse of employment
Local driver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 8, 2012
Dispatchers were unrealistic and unprofessional
the general attitude of the managment was that they did not need you and that regardless of your past years experience with much larger and successful employers that your opinion wasn't needed or considered
Pros
daily work
Cons
company lacks moral value
decent job
dock worker/delivory driver (Former Employee) –  elmira nyMarch 7, 2012
40hrs a week weekends off..good people too work with real layed back not bad fro omeone looking for a 9 to 5 mon -fri