Kings Food Markets Employee Reviews

Asst. Mgr
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  MultipleAugust 21, 2017
Walking the Floor all night and weekends. Never given the proper Training. High Employee/Mgmt. Turnover. Poor Culture. Working nights and weekends. Does not treat employees well.
Pros
Got Paid
Cons
Read Above
Great workplace, great coworkers.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Old Greenwich, CTMay 1, 2017
Every day at work was a great one. Everyone is very friendly and helpful if you need help. The management is one of a kind with many helpful lenient managers.
NO Respect for Management.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJApril 12, 2017
Management has a high turnover margin. Good luck growing at the River Street location.

Customers at the Shipyard Lane location are much much meaner though.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Limited discounts, shortening hours, constant management changes, lack of employee communication, no recognition for employee performance, poor inventory of grocery items.
rude boss, no energy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Verona, NJNovember 14, 2016
Having this job taught me people skills of people of all ages, the job itself was boring. A lot of time, there was no customers so we would just stand there and sometimes talk. The co-workers all depended on which ones, some of them were rude and socially awkward and some were very friendly. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with the older people on Tuesdays.
Cons
short breaks
Ok to work
Bookkeeper customer service cashier (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJJanuary 27, 2016
It's like any other supermarket job most management is ok but when you need something done they kind of nod and say yes and nothing gets done which is also the hardest part of the job.....
Organized, Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJOctober 20, 2015
- A typical day at work would be clocking in for work, going to the line chart to see what register i would be working at, then i go to the customer office to be given a register.
-After a register s given to me I make my surrounding are clear and clean and then I open up for the day. I then began to ring up items making sure i am doing my job to the best of my ability.
-There i learned how to greet customers and make sure they are comfortable. I then learned to count money accurately and stock shelves.
-My co-workers were very friendly and family orientated.
-Management was very organized.
-The hardest part was the long lines to my register due to loyal customer that would not take anyone else.
-The most enjoyable part was being able to help others make the company a better place for others to spend money and enjoy their selves while doing so.
Pros
Gift Cards Free lunch
Cons
No benefits
Great place to work at with great People.
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJOctober 1, 2015
Great work place with amazing management. You meet new people and learn new skills. Very great experience. I would recommend this job to other people.
Pros
Amazing hours and great pay
Cons
The scheduling times
Fun
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 21, 2015
Great experience learning the grocery industry. You are able to learn all the merchandising concepts and really get to know how to run a store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kings Food Markets. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8