PRIMARY PURPOSE: Develops menus, recipes, and preparation methods for all restaurant and quick service locations in conjunction with Food Management. Assists in the development and training of both full-time and seasonal support staff to ensure they are certified to perform their respective duties to meet divisional standards. This position reports to the Director/VP of Food & Beverage.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures all food preparation personnel are properly trained and certified to perform their respective duties to meet divisional standards in conjunction with department managers. Assists with coordination of the Food R&D program for the division.
- Ensures all food quality standards are consistently maintained throughout the Division. Ensures compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations for food service operations ensuring these regulations, as well as company and divisional policies, are effectively being carried out in all kitchen facilities in conjunction with department managers.
- Performs regularly scheduled product testing of food items to ensure consistency of ingredient profiles, product specification, and quality are present.
- Maintains effective communication with all employees and staff members, informing the Vice President of all developments arising within the division on a daily basis.
- Motivates supervision and associates to seek improvement in individual performances.
- Adheres to and enforces all Cedar Fair and specific Park policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrates commitment to customer service in all aspects of employment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality/Culinary or a related field, or equivalent of combined education and experience.
- Minimum of 2-4 years related experience in food and beverage operations/chef.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an independent environment with minimum supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate with various parties in daily operations.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Proficient in basic business software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and comfortable with learning new software applications.
Indeed - 19 months ago