Kings Island Employee Reviews

Productive and fun environment
Actress (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 15, 2018
I really enjoyed working here! Every person I met was very wonderful. All people were nice and very accepting. There were so many personalities to get along with.
Great work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHDecember 27, 2017
I worked here as a teen and i loved it they paid well more so for a 15 year old it was awesome. if it wasnt so for i would have continue working there
Pros
the pay/ hours
Cons
Fun place, but I wouldn’t recommend
Sweeper (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHDecember 20, 2017
I was working at Kings Island as a seasonal job (I was 15), and I was always really sad to only get barely $100 for two weeks while others were making over $300. (But it kind of makes sense because I was 15, but it was hard to work 24 hours and that’s what you get paid).

The job it’s self is ok. The workers are nice, but sometimes it seemed like it was impossible to eat any days off. They are constantly in need of people, mostly sweeps (my work position).
Pros
Discounts, Nice staff
Cons
Very fast pace, Work outside through all weather conditions
Busy
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kings Mills, OHDecember 18, 2017
On average it was very busy. I think the work is very unfair. Since it was a seasonal job I didn't get paid over time, even though I worked 60 hours a week.
Hard Work
Halloween Haunt Q- Team supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHDecember 7, 2017
A job here is definitely not for everyone. It's a great summer job to earn a lot of cash. For the most part, you will work all day every day except for your day or two off a week. They're great at allowing you to take off whenever you would like to request as long as you give them a reason. Your work ID will allow you free parking and free entry into the park as well as any cedar fair park. If you work a little more than 200 hours over the summer than you will receive about 4 free entry passes to any cedar fair park for anyone you'd like to use them for.
Overall a Good Experience
Professional Musician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 1, 2017
The job consisted of performing dance band type music for their production of "Off The Charts," in which a live band would perform with singers and dancers on a main stage. The job was not the most challenging or career-advancing position, but for a full time student, it was a nice summer job to have and provided myself with more experience as a performing professional musician.
Easy-going and fun work place
Décor Associate (Current Employee) –  Mason, OH 45040November 27, 2017
I enjoy working at Kings Island for my fellow employees are enjoyable and the work is easily accomplished and fun to do. I assist in the decoration of the park of Winterfest.
Fun summer job
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mason, OH 45040November 20, 2017
It was a very fun summer job. Did not have paid vacations or health insurance when I was there, not sure now. You can work as many hours as you want, but if you have seasonal status you don't receive OT.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Seasonal, no benefits
Good
Rides Operator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 11, 2017
This was my first job and I absolutely loved it. As a teenager this was the place to go and get a job. I have so many friends that I still keep in contact with to this day. Without this job I wouldn't have turned into the person I am today. I loved working the rides from day one and working 8 summers there as a rides manager.
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 10, 2017
I learned a lot there and it helped me grow, and learn how to adapt. Met a lot of people I am now friends with. The supervisors are some of my good friends as well.
Pros
Free lunches and treats; fun times, and you get to meet a lot of different people
Cons
Immature establishment, but If you have good supervisors you’ll be just fine
Unfair workplace for those looking to develop themselves, fine for first job.
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 3, 2017
A typical workday will span from 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM during the summer. Do not expect to get sufficient breaks. You are not allowed to have your cell phone within the confines of the park, otherwise you will be reprimanded. You are expected to be positive and peppy at all times. Management relies on favoritism and relationship to determine who is promoted to supervisor of the ride areas.
Pros
Easy to get job, especially if this is your first.
Cons
No benefits other than entrance to the park.
Amazing
Scare actor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHOctober 25, 2017
E toiuy0ire690etui90I5690euy0u5eiuy90triu90opiui09uth09utyyuty0896u8906u0809890u8y8y89y80y809okoiu908uuuyiuhyiy8iy great it was an all around amazing job
loved everything about working Here....except the fall
Beer Pourer /Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHOctober 5, 2017
It was a great experience overall. However i didn't like the fall season as I encountered some of the worst kind of people imaginable. I worked during the 2016 hurricane that hit Florida. They were our biggest customers and they flooded the entire kings island park. That was the time I had learned the magnitude of human evil. Dealing with drunk, intolerably rude, and blatantly racist customers was the worst experience, but I doubt this will happen to anyone else anytime soon. Just a bad year.
Pros
Cons
the 2016 fall season
great starter job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kings Mills, OHOctober 4, 2017
its a great starter job for any teen during the summer. the heat was kinda bad when u had to stand in it for hours. managers could have been a little better about some things. over all loved the job and had a fun time.
Pros
great food
Cons
little breaks
Ok summer job
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHOctober 3, 2017
I worked at Kings Island for three summers. It was an ok place to work and the people are pretty nice. As a teen it's fun because you get to "hang out" with other teens. The biggest downsides are minimum wage and how hot it gets in the park.
Pros
Fun People, Free Park Pass
Cons
Low Pay, No AC
Fun Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHSeptember 26, 2017
I really liked working there, Ive met alot of friends and we had tons of fun together my managers was fun too and its a great place for family time. And it was great meeting new people and having them come back to see you.
KI is the Best day ever
Games Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 26, 2017
Amusement park fun and fun work place, but of course it hard its a job. Heat, sun, rain or shine... no matter what you work. But so many friends, events and place you can go.
Pros
Cheap food, discounts, free tickets
Cons
Working outside, long hrs
Seasonal
Scare-Actor (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHSeptember 22, 2017
This was a seasonal job and one of the first few instances that forced me to interact with groups of people. I was hired on as a scare actor and did my best to fulfill that duty. It's a fun event to do if you have spare time, and enjoy entertaining the Halloween scene.
Pros
Absolutely crazy lunch disccounts
Cons
Cold weather
Great place to work, but pay is not fantastic.
Ride Operator - Diamondback (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHSeptember 20, 2017
Kings Island is an amazing place to work, with lots of great opportunities to work all around the park, all season long, meet lots of new people and make great friends. The only bad thing I would have to say about it is that, for the workload, the pay isn't great. I started as a Ride Operator at $8.25/hour, and baking in the heat for hours a day is not exactly what I would call worth that. Although, I have been hearing that pay increases are happening across the park, so this could be dated information. I say give it a shot if you're looking for an awesome summer job.
Pros
Great people, discounted food/drink, tons of variety on the job
Cons
Semi-poor pay
excelente empresa
Food and Beverage associate (Former Employee) –  cincinnati, OHIOSeptember 18, 2017
Es un lugar agradable para trabajar que permite desarrollar y practicar nuevas habilidades con el idioma ingles.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kings Island. Our community is ready to answer.