Kings Employee Reviews

good company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Buhl, IDJune 16, 2017
The company has since closed its doors for good. It was good experience for me. I was in charge of atleast 5 other employees each day. Some days were more challenging than others. I acquired 12 years of customer experience and cash handling.
Pros
discounts
Cons
pay
Cashier
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 23, 2017
This was my first job as a teenager. I was trained on register. The typical day at work was mostly providing customer service by ringing up customer's foods and products. I also fronted shelves and put away returns when needed. Management/supervisors were very helpful when I needed help.
Pros
Breaks were every two hours.
Cons
I don't remember any cons.
Pays the bills
Roadside Assistance Technician (Former Employee) –  Central Falls, RINovember 9, 2016
It's a ok place to work. There's no benefits, nor is there any sick time.You get one week vacation after one year of employment.
customer service and satisfaction experience
BOOKKEEPER AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJAugust 31, 2016
Made sure all customers and employees were happy and that all of the front end employees were doing what had to be done appropriately by organizing tasks for them to complete before they left and assessing to make sure they were appropriately completed.
okay busy
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHApril 23, 2016
frying, cleaning, cashier and front line was all i had to do while working at kings island.i had to wash dishes collect food trays and prep and disturb food for consumers while keeping the work place fresh and clean
a typical day at work
RETAIL STORE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Upper Montclair, NJJanuary 18, 2016
I work in Dairy Department so my day would start with checking milk, juice, eggs and varies other dairy product. Make sure the dates on the product are good and not expired. Receive delivers from our trucks and check the load in count it. Stamp the dairy bill after everything is good and begin to pack out supplies.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Nothing ever goes as planned
Great People, Great Experience
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 13, 2015
One of the best company's that I have ever worked for. Co-workers made the job better everyday. I loved working there. The pay and benefits were very fair.
Good place to learn new things
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Lynnfield, MASeptember 22, 2015
Places has a good environment. The place could use better management for back of the house. It can be difficult if there isn't someone who knows what they are doing running a kitchen.
multi-tasking workplacwhere customer service comes first
MANAGER/DIRECTOR, Suspension (Former Employee) –  Trinidad and Tobago West IndiesAugust 9, 2015
A typical day at work included opening the garage and managing a team of 11 employees. Our jobs was to please the customer with fast and reliable service. I have learned that satisfying your customer is number one objective in a successful business. I was the lead manager in the workplace which helped me discover my inner core of helping and satisfying people. This along with my financial background made me an asset to the company. I enjoy helping and servicing people and got paid fairly well doing my job. My employment ended because I had to relocate back to Florida due to my eldest daughter whom will be attending college.
Pros
friendly workplace, teamwork, supportive management
Cons
job ended
a very different work atmosphere, each day had to learn to adapt to something new
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 21, 2015
Kings was not your typical work environment from the constant flow of celebrity traffic and a not so typical establishment. I did enjoy my time there and i was able to work on my networking skills while employed there.
fun first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDJune 23, 2015
gave me the basic tools necessary to grow in the retail business. Fun environment, Great co-workers, alright hours. Enjoyed my experience here.
Pros
fun
Cons
little pay
Enjoyable work place but not enough
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 8, 2015
I enjoyed working for kings because there was certainly a lot to do each day, they however didn't have the clientele base or promotional opportunities i desired so i am seeking employment elsewhere, bar tending is my passion and i want to be the best i possibly can in my field and im seeking a company that can help me with that
Pros
Corporate environment so very structured
Cons
Newer company so not very good money and not many promotional opportunity's
Fun work place, great co-workers
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCFebruary 10, 2015
I enjoyed working at kings, very friendly co-workers. I have learned to communicate with customers. Best part of the day is cleaning and leaving things ready for the next day of work.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
good enviroment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJJanuary 26, 2015
fun place to work
great co-workers
nice customers
had a good time working here
Typical Service Work enviroment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 22, 2014
Corporate run which comes with comes with some good and some bad they have common sense policies in house like the staff cannot drink their when there off work. The management does little to support there grunt employees...they are more focused on mostly meaningless pre-meal meetings that cooperate wants done This does not help the ones actually interacting with customers do their jobs effectively. I cant even get change if a guest ask me to break a 20 without getting a manager involved. Changing shifts between AM and PM staff is always a cluster as there is never an assigned manager to do it ( simply assigning a manager to make this happens would ensure less chaos in a busy restraint). In general their management team is very good at interacting with guest they really do have a lot of industry experience and knowledge that have made me a better bartender...just seems that the "corperate stuff" drags down the managers and the employees as a whole with time-wasting things instead of guest service.... Kings wants to suggestively sell...that really is a great theory....if I like it I will sell it no problem!! however when I actually don't like something I am not going to attempt to sell it to the guest...if they ask me if its good I/m going to answer them honestly...this goes a long way when people have the impression that you are honest with them..it will make a guest come back and become a regular.
Pros
providing Employee Meals
Cons
Management doesnt focus on employ relation systems to make job more effective
Super good and fun enviornment
ASSITANT MANGAGER (Former Employee) –  North Ogden, UTJuly 21, 2014
The people i met there and how i was so young and that they saw enough potential in me to make me an assistant manager was really awesome.
Fun atmosphere, great personnel, to work in and with
General Manager (Current Employee) –  OrlandoJune 22, 2014
Work at retaining existing accounts and developing new ones as a team.

Co-workers are great and very helpful Learned various personalities of ones worked with and their skills and talents.

Mid management is efficient

Obtaining support from upper management is the hardest part of the job.

Most enjoyable is working with personnel
Pros
Good comfortable working relationship with very talented personnel
Cons
Lack of support in a few cases from upper management
fun enviroment, laid back place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCApril 22, 2014
a typical work day would consist of putting food on plates for a lot of people, then cleaning the kitchen after.
Office Leader (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, PAMarch 6, 2014
Overall company was good to work for or I would not have been there for 32 years.
Benefits
Cons
a lot of weekends and holidays
i enjoyed running my own department and setting my own sales.
Cashier, Head of Toy dept. (Former Employee) –  Afton, WYJanuary 12, 2014
i would order toys, check in new freight, stock toy department, cashier for 2 hours everyday. I also called people when their layaways were due and helped set up new layaways.
Pros
I loved what I did.
Cons
The pay was terrible with no raises.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kings. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8