Kingsborough Community College Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Student Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 21, 2016
very flexible with my school schedules and it made me figure out what I wanted to do with my career in life. you do your typical hours every week of the semester. My super visor is amazing
Pros
get to meet different cultures
Cons
its not a job everyone can do
A good athmospher, good material.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 30, 2016
In fact, Working as a tutoring in Kingsborough Community College is a fantastic job, one can learn many things such that dealing with student in order to make the material easy for them. The good things about teaching Math is to find a new one to explain something that looks harder for the student, when the student feel comfortable that will reflect on you and it will be a good reason for you to be happy because to reach your goal by explaining in easier way the material. However, the hardest things in process of teaching Math is to find the student's level so lower which means you have to stop where you are and turn to another way when you can make your student caught up with you again.
fun workplace
College Assistant - Tutor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 25, 2016
nice environment, learned a lot, specially how to work with groups, how to spread knowledge, smart people around makes you work harder and I enjoyed my job there.
productive , coworkers made job fun
Camp Counselor for "College for Kids" Program (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 16, 2016
came in for 8 a.m. , clocked in, took children to and from classes and to lunch, children ate first and then you, hard to manage so many children with different behaviors,
Pros
free lunches
Cons
trying to contain the children
Poor extremely political
Certifying Officer /Advocate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 29, 2016
Poor working environment extremely political low level of commitment to helping students with military and veteran background, low loyalty to helping veterans.
Cons
Caring people with a focus on student satisfaction
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 16, 2016
Great people to work with who really care about the subject matter being taught to students and how it relates to real life.
Pros
Hourly pay is good
Cons
Limited resources
Great position for entry level
Graphic Design Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 15, 2012
I greatly enjoy keeping everything in the department running smoothly, and helping to solve problems. My co-workers are great people to work with including the student population. Daily I maintain the computers and aid IT with network issues. I assist faculty, staff, and student population with training, supplies, and any other technological needs. Current project has been re imaging all Macintosh computers.

The bad part of the position is that I am at a glass ceiling in terms of salary and ability to be promoted. I have moved to Philly and am looking for a position in which I can carry on supporting others.
Pros
different tasks, teaching, creating, solving, healthcare, vacation
Cons
promotional opportunities, salary
Great Place
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 15, 2016
KCC is a great school, I loved going there as a student and I loved working there.. This is a top notch organization. KCC is a school that is #1 in every way.
Great employees
Assist students (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 9, 2015
Great people to work with and its a pleasure to help students in their college goals. Great environment for students to learn how to deal with people!!
Pros
Great school environment to work in.
Cons
Salary is not enough.
Very Productive and Fun
ASAP Student Leader/ Bookstore Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 8, 2016
I enjoyed working with students, cleaning if necessary and of course, working with the staff. But I am always open to try new things.
Learning environment
Customer Service Representative, (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 9, 2016
Great place to learn and attend school at the same time. Nursing department staff would help me with my Homework. Very nice felt like a family instead of work place.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
No health insurance
Productive and Fun
Campus Security Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 17, 2016
Great place to work and its safe place. Meet a lot of different people. You learn a lot about life. Easy access by public transportation.
Pros
Education
Cons
No place to eat
College Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 8, 2015
My typical day at work would consist of a morning meeting, followed by checking and reading emails, while I wait for time sheets to be signed so I can deliver them to HR. After that I would pick up mail from not only the mail room but the office where half of the department's mail gets delivered. After that I would distribute the mail to the staff and then go about my daily functions. That would be contacting professors for their food requisitions, correcting them and posting them up. Consolidating all the requisition for the following week so that the purchaser could create a food order. I would also be logging and submitting the invoices for payment.
From working at the college I learned to adapt to sudden changes that can happen over a course of time. The management over at the college is a major problem that is still being worked out. Co-workers are constantly changing, due to the issues created by the people in the management position. The hardest part is management and the commute to the college. It is a difficult place to get to if you do not have a divers license. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the earlier years when we did more on renting out the hall for events. Management was much better and teamwork was much better.
Pros
Lovely campus
Cons
Commute, pay, management
First Job as a chemist
Chemical Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 25, 2015
First, i was doing a research about Red Cabbage and then i get involved professional more with my professor and he teach me a lot of thing that in basic class of chemistry you just go over and dot really understand the meaning of the work.
He explain me how to do NMR's and how to read the result
Also, i learn a lot about the chemicals and how to used them, the precautions that i have to take when i am in the lab
Most of this stuff help me to like more my career and get more knowledge about it
laid back work environment
Radio Host (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 24, 2015
Nothing bad to say the rotation of students is up beat everybody there is always on the same page.

Nobody has ever brought in negativity
Pros
You can talk about what ever is on your mind
Cons
your show can only last and hr
It was ok
Mail Distribution (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 5, 2015
nothing exciting happened. Every day would be the same thing:
- Arrive
- Sit
- Wait to get the mail
- Get it
- See where it goes
- Wait for more mail
- Go around campus to find where the mail goes
- Give the mail to the appropriate department
- Go back to the Math Department
- Sit
- Wait for the mail
and repeat the rest of the list in chronological order.
Pros
Exercise
Cons
Caused Anxiety
Very diverse employment positions.
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 11, 2015
My favorite part of working here was learning to work at different stations. The Deli, Salad bar, Hot food section, Pizza station, Grill station, Cashier, learning to make coffee at mini starbucks, waiteressing & serving drinks at small occasions. It was gun working here, i learned alot from the staff and management was great.
It's Okay School
College Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 28, 2014
A typical day working at Kingsborough Community College is great on some days. In the office I work in is okay, sometimes. I work with mostly females.I love the school, for one I'm an alumni from Kingsborough Community College. The College its self is a beautiful school, and the most beautiful surroundings you ever seen, except the cold time its worst place to be cause we are mostly surround by water. The school is great cause its diverse with different cultures, and ethnicity.
You can learn a great deal. The hardest part about working in Kingsborough Community College is not growing. For me some people I know are not very good in taking exams. Even though being here for so long. Some people don't acknowledge your potential, and give you a chance. without being objectify to taking an exam that is the only way to be promoted. The most enjoyable part of my job is making students who comings in and out of the admissions office happy, and satisfy. Making the new perspective students content to be making the transition from high school to college, and welcoming them to Kingsborough Community College.
Pros
Better food, and better prices
Cons
better caferteria
Loved this job
Assistant to the Director (Former Employee) –  brooklyn, nyOctober 8, 2015
I worked as the Collage assistant in the Mental Health & Human Services office which is a pre social work program. I ran the office and cared for 500 students which were enrolled in our program. I also helped manage the Domestic Violence Counseling concentration.
Pros
worked closely with the students
Cons
full time positions were scarce
Enjoyed the student body
College Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 9, 2013
Being a working student, I knew the determination that I had to have a career. Working with these students and seeing that their determination in finding a job and building their future - made the job more uplifting. Understanding that they wanted to make a difference in their life, pushed me to go beyond work hours to help them when they needed me. Even doing work at home on top of my studies to help them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kingsborough Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4