Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center

Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

A stressful, harzardous, and sometimes risky place to work, with not much fun to compensate.
Building Service Aide (Former Employee), 585 Schenectady Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11203April 2, 2015
Pros: Meet people of various race, etnicity, language, culture, and profession
Cons: Being exposed to hazardous cleaning chemicals, people with dangerous communicable deseases, and being supervised by people not qualified or trained for such position.
A typical day is some what stressful, and much was not taught to employees at my level except, what was directly related to the job. Management was chiefly concern with getting the job done and very little about improving employees' life in general or, work life for that matter. My co-workers were generally good people; helpful and cooperative, willing to go the extra mile, and supportive in times of off-the-job difficulties. The hardest part of the job for me was seeing the the suffering of sick and elderly people, and not being able to help them in a tangible way. My most enjoyable aspect of that job was, forming a meaningful relationship with patients or inmates that they appreciated.
Typical Work Day
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 31, 2015
A very challenging, busy day. You can work on the floor covering 30 patients by yourself. I learned how to work by myself and how to grow as a stronger, determined Respiratory- Therapist. Management was no up to part. My co-workers were hard workers, very trustworthy and reliable. We were very team oriented and always got the job done. The hardest part of the job is always losing a patient. The most enjoyable part is being able to save and touch many lives.
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 2, 2015
The organization offers fair benefits, it is a friendly environment, and you will receive a lot of exposure and experience working within the hospital.
Professional and dedicated environment
Recreation Therapist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: to be able to bring joy and happiness to the residents was fufilling.
Cons: wished that this company was also in florida
Motivated residents to attend activities daily .Escorted residents to and from activities of their choice.Conducted various activities throughout the day to meet their social needs.Completed assesments and recorded the residents progress.Met one to one with other residents that are room bound. Ensured that work area was maintained in a clean and sanitary manner
Volunteer for Nutrition Department
Clinical Nutrition Volunteer (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 29, 2014
Pros: providing nutrition education, shadowing dietitians and provide aid to dietitians in pressure ulcer assessment
I enjoyed volunteering in Kingsbrook Hospital. I have stayed there for nearly two years and learned a lot in the community, clinical and food service settings. The best part in the hospital was providing nutritional service for the patients and gaining experience as well. I never had any bad experience.
Great place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 26, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: some supervisors
KJMC Is a wonderful place to work at. the co-workers are very friendly and wholesome always ready to give you a lending hand..
promote healt and wellness for both patient, staff and the community
Emergency Department Staff Nurse (Current Employee), 585 Schenectady ave, Brooklyn, NY, 11203September 8, 2014
Pros: good work ethics, 12 hour shifts
Patient /nurse relation oriented, good management support, updated frequently with evidence based practice
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: freedom, flexible schedule, rewarding
Cons: late hours
A typical day involved me going to the rooms of various patients to hand out ice or water. I would also assist the nurses with what I was allowed to. Some days I would sit in the volunteer's office and complete office work. During my time as a volunteer, I've learned how to communicate with people and how to juggle a number of tasks at once. Most importantly, I've learned about the hectic and fast pace setting of hospitals. My co-volunteers were really nice and most of them were from my school. The hardest part was having to go there after an entire day at school, being that I was exhausted. The most enjoyable part was the freedom that I had. I was able to do whatever it was that I was allowed to do.
kingsbrook medical jewish center
Registered Nurse -Medical/Surgical/Telemetry unit (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 5, 2014
excellent hospital. work environment is superb. managers are very helpful and so is the entire nursing staff. i enjoying working here because it allows me to expand my knowledge learning new nursing techniques allows me to grow in my career.
It was a good place to work at a level entry position to get an idea of how dietetics work.
Dietetic Technician (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 17, 2014
I learned the basics of dietetics, I met coworkers that ended up being long lasting personal friends and professional colleagues.
Productive and positive atmosphere
Patient Accounts (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great social and working atmosphere.
Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center is unlike any hospital I've been to. Of course there's a lot of work to be done but, the atmosphere is very peaceful and the employees are guaranteed to greet you with a warm smile.
Destructive Management
Pharmacy (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 16, 2014
The organization overall is in financial turmoil. Individuals who have prospects for a better future are finding better opportunities but their positions are not being replaced. There is a high turn over rate likely due to limited resources and inadequate training.

Organization has not given raises in years. Forces employees to take furlaugh days yet still expects them to work from home and get the job done.
Great first job to have. Learned a lot.
Business Manager of the Department of Surgery (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 28, 2014
Pros: family oriented business, great place to start off and learn.
Cons: no opportunity for growth or advancement in career.
**I meant for this review to be for my position at FAMILY FOOT CARE GROUP**

Great place to learn patient care and medical assistant work, administrative surgery skills (such as scheduling, authorizations and chart maintainance), and fun place to work (at the main office).

Most difficult part of the job was the patient demographic.
Not what its all cracked up to be
Manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 18, 2014
This institution needs help with management and supporting their staff. Employees are constantly dissatisfied.
calm and fun workplace
intern (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches sometimes
Cons: intern without pay
feed patients, file, answer phone, I learned interesting things about patients past as a sat and feed them, management was very convenient and gave me free lunches sometimes, my co-workers were very helpful, well there wasn't really a hard part , some of the fun parts on the jobs was telling and hearing jokes from my coworkers and patients.
Major teaching hospital recognized to be among the highest performing hospital in the United States.
Administrative Assistant/Buyer (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 4, 2014
This hospital takes pride in helping people in the community and surrounding areas.
Ok Hospital to work not enough growth opportunities
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: nice hospital friendly staff
Cons: no growth and job advancement
Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center is an alright place to work for but there is no room for growth and I have been doing the same job since I started. I am looking to move on to another job once another opportunity comes along I am looking to leave this job
Internship
Vascular Technologist - Intern (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 2, 2014
Fast pace.
Hard working co-workers.
Learnt lot of scanning techniques.
Friendly & Fast pace
Medical Administrative Assistant Intern (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 26, 2013
A typical day greeting patients or visitors of patients, filing papers,
Excellent place to work.
Recreation Therapist (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 2, 2013
I've worked for KJMC for over 15 years. I must say that management has been very supportive both at career growth and with my educational endeavors.

KJMC's culture is one of teamwork where everyone sees the big picture.

1 2 3

About Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center

Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center (KJMC) cares for the health needs of the East Flatbush neighborhood in Brooklyn. Founded in 1925 – Read more

Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center Salaries