Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

To do what you love to do and be compensated
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 14, 2015
A typical office job. There are days that is busy especially on the day of payroll submission. Accuracy is the name of the game because we are talking of employees salary here. Zero error must be in the spreadsheet otherwise stressful day is ahead of me.

Working in a hospital is a stable job. Career advancement is an easy ladder if you really put your best on your daily work. However, working in a big hospital is not easy knowing that competition is almost everywhere. Pulling down with each other is everywhere.

The hardest part of the job is when you have an angry employees demanding to get paid whenever there are discrepancies on their pay. However I enjoyed doing the job I love to do and the job I am comfortably doing for so many years. Sometimes, looking back and regretting to have leave this job for a dream to experience to work in the New York City.
Pros
to work in a big corporate workplace
Cons
crab mentality culture
A stressful, harzardous, and sometimes risky place to work, with not much fun to compensate.
Building Service Aide (Former Employee) –  585 Schenectady Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11203April 2, 2015
A typical day is some what stressful, and much was not taught to employees at my level except, what was directly related to the job. Management was chiefly concern with getting the job done and very little about improving employees' life in general or, work life for that matter. My co-workers were generally good people; helpful and cooperative, willing to go the extra mile, and supportive in times of off-the-job difficulties. The hardest part of the job for me was seeing the the suffering of sick and elderly people, and not being able to help them in a tangible way. My most enjoyable aspect of that job was, forming a meaningful relationship with patients or inmates that they appreciated.
Pros
Meet people of various race, etnicity, language, culture, and profession
Cons
Being exposed to hazardous cleaning chemicals, people with dangerous communicable deseases, and being supervised by people not qualified or trained for such position.
tough place with a great team
Dietetic Technician (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 19, 2012
Any health care facility will be a tough place to work in but it can be done successfully with a great team. My position as a Dietetic Technician requires communication not only with patients/residents but with my co-workers as well. I assist Registered Dietitians with food preferences, meal ticket adjustments, and follow up with nutritional/supplemental needs for the patients/residents on each unit. I also communicate and inform Dietary Supervisor and Dietary Aids with any changes or requests based upon an individuals diet. I try my best to work with everyone during meal service in order for the proper diet to be given in a timely matter. Management are very clear in explaining responsibilities and are also able to fulfill employees requests and needs. The hardest part of my job would be trying to convince a patient to changing their eating habits on a daily basis. The best part of my job would be that some patients will try to compromise and follow their modified diet plan.
Pros
free lunch, friendly co-workers, employee benefits, shift
Cons
transportation to work, slow office computer desktops
productive, mid size hopsital
Accounts Payable Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 20, 2013
Typical day is reviewing the credit hold list and critical care patient vendors before issuing payments. Cash management, cashflow is extremely tight creating large volume of vendor calls. Management is diligent and hard working, finding ways of keeping the hospital operating at peak. The hardest part is trying to keep all of the vendors happy while not having the cashflow to pay everyone.
Pros
benefits package, vacation and the people in the finance department
Cons
old building, bad neighborhood
Destructive Management
Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 16, 2014
The organization overall is in financial turmoil. Individuals who have prospects for a better future are finding better opportunities but their positions are not being replaced. There is a high turn over rate likely due to limited resources and inadequate training.

Organization has not given raises in years. Forces employees to take furlaugh days yet still expects them to work from home and get the job done.
A nice place to add some experience under your belt
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 7, 2015
Although this is a good location for entry-level and executive personelle, there is very little room for growth at this facility. Employees are always told that the hospital is struggling financially, are often underpaid and overworked. The hospital can do more to recognize its employees and the hard work they put in to encourage the success of the hospital. Nonetheless, it definitely is a place to start off your career on a temporary basis.
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 2, 2015
The organization offers fair benefits, it is a friendly environment, and you will receive a lot of exposure and experience working within the hospital.
Reasonably priced lunches in cafeteria
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 1, 2015
Allows for your knowledge to be expanded. You are not assigned to one particular area, your assignments varied from week to week. It was very gratifying to be instrumental in bringing a patient back from being in cardiac arrest, this was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Workloads tended to get very overwhelming on most days due to lack of staff in the department. As a team we could really depend on each other, but management was not always approachable.
Pros
Good selections of food for lunch
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Great place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 26, 2014
KJMC Is a wonderful place to work at. the co-workers are very friendly and wholesome always ready to give you a lending hand..
Pros
great benefits
Cons
some supervisors
GPR PGY-1 Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center
Dental Resident (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 14, 2015
Working at Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center was nice, there was a lot of flexibility in the schedule and for a residency it was very high paying. I learned a lot about dentistry being there.
Stressful and Poorly managed pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 28, 2015
The staff are amazing but the management is very poor. They do not know how much to push the staff and when to realize you are over-working them.
Pros
Staff
Love helping
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 1, 2012
Love helping people in everyway I can. Working with employees to help them clarify certain aspects of their benefits.
Pros
love the environment
Cons
short breaks
Typical Work Day
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 31, 2015
A very challenging, busy day. You can work on the floor covering 30 patients by yourself. I learned how to work by myself and how to grow as a stronger, determined Respiratory- Therapist. Management was no up to part. My co-workers were hard workers, very trustworthy and reliable. We were very team oriented and always got the job done. The hardest part of the job is always losing a patient. The most enjoyable part is being able to save and touch many lives.
Nice working environment
Renal Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 1, 2015
A good place to work, keep busy with great patients. Lots of challenges and opportunities to practice and do well for patients. Doctors rely on services and provide excellent care.
A working environment that promoted growth and development for staff members
Assistant Head Nurse in Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2012
A typical day at work meant working together as a team to care for our patients and we were a family that cared for each other. I learnt so many new things each and every day, management recognized our hard work and did not neglect to show their appreciation. Despite little conflicts, at the end of the day we all cared about each other and rallied together to accomplish the tasks at hand. The hardest part of the job was managing over crowding in the unit and managing angry patients and their family members. The most enjoyable part of the job was patients' satisfaction, to see very sick patients leave smiling and happy.
Pros
staff recognition
Excellent place to work.
Recreation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 2, 2013
I've worked for KJMC for over 15 years. I must say that management has been very supportive both at career growth and with my educational endeavors.

KJMC's culture is one of teamwork where everyone sees the big picture.
Professional and dedicated environment
Recreation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Motivated residents to attend activities daily .Escorted residents to and from activities of their choice.Conducted various activities throughout the day to meet their social needs.Completed assesments and recorded the residents progress.Met one to one with other residents that are room bound. Ensured that work area was maintained in a clean and sanitary manner
Pros
to be able to bring joy and happiness to the residents was fufilling.
Cons
wished that this company was also in florida
good job
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 14, 2015
great job for people who have good computer skills and who is quick thinking on the go. I worked side by side by doctors so it gave me some great work experience
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 19, 2014
A typical day involved me going to the rooms of various patients to hand out ice or water. I would also assist the nurses with what I was allowed to. Some days I would sit in the volunteer's office and complete office work. During my time as a volunteer, I've learned how to communicate with people and how to juggle a number of tasks at once. Most importantly, I've learned about the hectic and fast pace setting of hospitals. My co-volunteers were really nice and most of them were from my school. The hardest part was having to go there after an entire day at school, being that I was exhausted. The most enjoyable part was the freedom that I had. I was able to do whatever it was that I was allowed to do.
Pros
freedom, flexible schedule, rewarding
Cons
late hours
Great first job to have. Learned a lot.
Business Manager of the Department of Surgery (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 28, 2014
**I meant for this review to be for my position at FAMILY FOOT CARE GROUP**

Great place to learn patient care and medical assistant work, administrative surgery skills (such as scheduling, authorizations and chart maintainance), and fun place to work (at the main office).

Most difficult part of the job was the patient demographic.
Pros
family oriented business, great place to start off and learn.
Cons
no opportunity for growth or advancement in career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.