Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center Employee Reviews

Work
Internal Medicine/ Infectious Disease (Externship) (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 20, 2017
Making sure patient care is a priority. Complete board report and other reports requested by medical director office. Work side by side with doctors and nurse to meet patient care and satisfaction on a daily basis.
Pros
Great working environment, teamwork
Very Strict. Kept me focus
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 12, 2017
It was a good experience because I got to learn how to truly multitask. Met a lot of really nice people. Just didn't like doing 24/hr shifts on weekends. Overall it was a really strict place but it help keep me focus.
Pros
meeting really nice people, using a radio, be able to help my grandmother when she was there, free lunch because I had great co-workers
Cons
the boss, some co-workers.
Excellent place to work for!
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 21, 2017
It's a great establishment. However, I am looking to relocate in order to be closer to my family. My boss and coworkers are exceptional. We have a great work environment. I have the privilege of working with an excellent group of people and overall I would recommend someone to work here. If there wasn't a need to be near my family I would probably retire from there.
it was a learning experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 3, 2017
when i interned here, at first the staff didn't budge to help me learn, but then towards the end i learned a lot about how to code charts and i learned how to use the software call Eagle.
Pros
Cons
very unorganized environment
overworked&not that fun
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 2, 2017
working at this hospital is good but sometimes bad the nurses are jerks the good thing about working at this place is the nurses can take a joke
Pros
lunch vouchers for volunteer
Cons
no time to socalize
Executive Chef
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 8, 2017
Although the hospital is very reputable. They lack inner maintenance. the cafeteria is lame and the 1199 workers are lazy
Pros
Good pay, grerat benifits
Cons
They struggle finacially
Fast paced high stress
Graduate Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 4, 2017
The work day is fast pace and high stress. But that can be a good thing, keeps workers busy and focused. M supervisor was very passive aggressive
Pros
diversity
Cons
cover your own A%%
Work Hard
Foodservice Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 28, 2016
Kingsbrook was a good organization with good benefits. Management was good, and promoted professionalism with all depts

Employee parking was a pain.
You MUST work hard (this job is not for the slackers at heart)
You must be able to work with ALL different types of people
There is no "NO"
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Parking Tickets can be $$$$, Undeisrable Location
Respectful work environment
Psychology Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 1, 2016
In the short time that I have been there, I have seen a great amount of respect among staff and management. The overall work culture is motivating and supportive. Seems like a great place to be employed.The institution recognizes that it can not operate without it's staff and therefore held appreciation events throughout the summer months.
Pros
Culturally aware of the community it serves
Cons
Elevator wait time is to long
clean and a healthy environment
Orthopedic Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 1, 2016
High pressured and stressful but staff are kind and helpful (for NYC standards). OSHA rules are followed, caring nurses are plentiful and many departments for patients are available.
Pros
caring and competent staff
Cons
loud and stressful environment
Great place to work-good work-life balance.
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 8, 2016
During my tenure the hospital was undergoing reorganization so I got to participate in many projects including the installation of new equipment and implementation of new policies and procedures. My typical work day included morning meetings with staff, working on special projects in the office and committee meetings as required. Everyday was exciting and enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy customers.
Pros
Great place to work-good work-life balance
Cons
Dealing with unhappy customers was sometimes challenging
Learning experience
Dental Resident (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 1, 2015
Good learning experience with dentistry in the nursing home. Overall experience was decent, most patients could not afford anything beyond fillings and prophys.
GPR PGY-1 Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center
Dental Resident (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 14, 2015
Working at Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center was nice, there was a lot of flexibility in the schedule and for a residency it was very high paying. I learned a lot about dentistry being there.
Stressful and Poorly managed pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 28, 2015
The staff are amazing but the management is very poor. They do not know how much to push the staff and when to realize you are over-working them.
Pros
Staff
Nice working environment
Renal Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 1, 2015
A good place to work, keep busy with great patients. Lots of challenges and opportunities to practice and do well for patients. Doctors rely on services and provide excellent care.
Reasonably priced lunches in cafeteria
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 1, 2015
Allows for your knowledge to be expanded. You are not assigned to one particular area, your assignments varied from week to week. It was very gratifying to be instrumental in bringing a patient back from being in cardiac arrest, this was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Workloads tended to get very overwhelming on most days due to lack of staff in the department. As a team we could really depend on each other, but management was not always approachable.
Pros
Good selections of food for lunch
Cons
Short lunch breaks
good job
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 14, 2015
great job for people who have good computer skills and who is quick thinking on the go. I worked side by side by doctors so it gave me some great work experience
To do what you love to do and be compensated
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 14, 2015
A typical office job. There are days that is busy especially on the day of payroll submission. Accuracy is the name of the game because we are talking of employees salary here. Zero error must be in the spreadsheet otherwise stressful day is ahead of me.

Working in a hospital is a stable job. Career advancement is an easy ladder if you really put your best on your daily work. However, working in a big hospital is not easy knowing that competition is almost everywhere. Pulling down with each other is everywhere.

The hardest part of the job is when you have an angry employees demanding to get paid whenever there are discrepancies on their pay. However I enjoyed doing the job I love to do and the job I am comfortably doing for so many years. Sometimes, looking back and regretting to have leave this job for a dream to experience to work in the New York City.
Pros
to work in a big corporate workplace
Cons
crab mentality culture
A nice place to add some experience under your belt
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 7, 2015
Although this is a good location for entry-level and executive personelle, there is very little room for growth at this facility. Employees are always told that the hospital is struggling financially, are often underpaid and overworked. The hospital can do more to recognize its employees and the hard work they put in to encourage the success of the hospital. Nonetheless, it definitely is a place to start off your career on a temporary basis.
A ver fun place to work
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 12, 2015
Lots of gifts or recreational activivty.. Great companying soldiers. Very good company to training. People are really nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center Reviews by Location