KingsIsle Entertainment Employee Reviews

Great people, great culture, poor management
Systems Games Designer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Great work environment, incredibly talent peers. I made some great friends and had incredible mentors.

Unfortunately, upper management constantly altered and changed schedules and designs without heeding the input from employees. Company has great potential but upper management needs to allow employees to do their jobs.
Pros
great environment and people
Cons
upper management constantly meddling
like the work, management and culture - TERRIBLE
Senior Character Animator -Rigged (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 29, 2016
I enjoyed the work I did and the colleagues at KI very much. Unfortunately the lack of transparency, tyrrancial managment and ownership, PTO - that garnishes your wages if you go over, NO - HR department to advocate for you, and lastly paying for your own company's swag is basically what the experience at KI was.
Pros
Hardly any crunch
Cons
Your wages garnished due to tyrranical PTO system
Best group of people I've ever worked for
Front End Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 20, 2016
Great group of coworkers. They're very supportive and professional. Room to advance is a little difficult, due to company retention rates. Good business location.
Pros
Co-workers, Business Location
Cons
Management, Corporate Direction, Non-Agile
A lot of great talent all in one place.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 15, 2016
The professional day to day life at Kingsisle was somewhat interesting to me, having come from smaller teams who tended to be much more closely knit. I tended to spend much of my time left to my own devices.

This tended to have the advantages of letting me focus in on my work. But the disadvantage of leaving me with very little conversation to fall back on when my mind hit a brick wall. That being said, it wasn't like they didn't offer ways to socialize, but because of my nature to work and work without considering the time, I had a tendency to miss those opportunities.

I'm sure it would work for other people, but for me it turned into many missed opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KingsIsle Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6