Kingsley House Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work, but positions are generally terminal
Director (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 8, 2015
Wonderful staff, programming and, generally, program participants. Constant focus on improving how the organization operates, as well as how the improve conditions for staff. However, as with many non-profits - even one the size of Kingsley House - opportunities for advancement are fairly limited. Because most of the leadership is satisifed with their position, salary and benefits, it's not an ideal match for young, ambitious individuals hoping to "move up the ladder." Still, it's hard to argue with the quality of organization, even if one were to stay for only a few years.
Pros
Supportive atmosphere, relaxed working environment
Cons
Limited room for advancement into director positions
Excellent trainjing for counselors
Homeuilders Family Preservation Therapist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 30, 2014
Social Service Agency that provides an excellent counseling in training program.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
non caring environment/unstable
Community based non-profit organization
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 6, 2014
The agency is focused on community services: Adult day health care, family services, and preschool.
Non-Profit Agency
CSSP Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 11, 2013
Good Company Overall! You will learn a lot working with different needy idividuals and families. Excellent co-workers and lots of team work amongst us all.
Observing change in families who are in crisis.
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 26, 2013
A typical day at work would be to review referrals from local state and other agencies for working with family's who are at-risk of losing their children due to abuse and/or neglect or the children are coming back into the home (reunification) and we help the families to work on correcting the precipitating event that caused them to lose their children. Once I approve the referral, I assign said referral to a therapist to begin clinical and concrete services with the family. I enjoy working with families who are in crisis because it is rewarding to see intrinsic changes and a willingness on behalf of the parents/caregivers to change in order to keep their children.
Pros
mileage reimbursement.
Cons
long-distance traveling.
Great place to meet people and help in the community
Medical Tech (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJanuary 11, 2013
I would check in speak to my supervisor. Distribute any medication to the residents, Help the elders with showers and baths, maintain a clean living space. My co-workers were very helpful, the very hardest part of job was having to go home everyday and worrying about if a resident would pass away. The very worst part of the job was when my internship was over.
Pros
wonderful people
Cons
leaving
Nice place to work if you like helping people.
Admin Assist. / Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 17, 2012
I am a program assistant at Kingsley House and normaly my work load isnt too heavy. I get to talk and interact with our praticipants and social workers. If you want to get in a job that helps people and children Kingsley House is a good place to work. They could pay more since the price of living has gone up, but they make due with what they can since they are a non profit organization.
Pros
nice people to work with, a lot of staff recognition.
Cons
doesn't quite pay enough.
Great place to work with a friendly family atmosphere.
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans LaJuly 3, 2012
Working for Kingsley house was a complete joy! I loved the services that we provided and the fact that people were able to get the mental health services that they needed through the R and R program. By working there, I improved my skills in working with people of all ages. I also developed stronger self esteem building skills touse with working with youth. The management was very professional and my supervisor made me feel comfortable with asking questions and seeking help when needed. I was also priveleged to work with amazing coworkers who were always eager to assist and inform me about the techniques that they used in therapy in order to help their clients to reach a positive outcome. On another note, the hardest part about my position was the fact that although it provided flexible hours, sometimes, i would find myself getting off at late hours past 8pm due to the schedules of the families that I counseled. Even with this, the thing that I enjoyed most was seeing the self esteem rise of the clients served and see the smiles on their faces as they reported how therapy has made them stronger.
Pros
great colleagues and workplace environment with flexibe hours
Cons
at times, long work hours