Kingston Healthcare Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Very management heavy during the day. No management presence at night.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ft. Wayne, INSeptember 13, 2017
Always short-staffed. There are tons of managers (during the day) but none willing to help on the floor. They will tell you how invaluable your skills are but really all you do is give pills (to the point of waking residents up in the middle of the night for scheduled meds). Would only recommend this for nurses ready to retire.
Pros
You do get breaks
Cons
There are too many "managers" with varying titles. Always short staffed.
Cna
Kingston DuPont road (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 4, 2017
Great place to work. Great coworkers. Everyone in all departments we're great to work with. Great patient care, they focus on hiring quality people with a lot of experience
Pros
Good magenent
Cons
Notbing
Not very diverse at all
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHAugust 25, 2017
A couple of the nurses are really great but a lot of them and two of the receptionist treat the housekeeping and laundry staff like we are nothing and talk down to us like they are better than us.

I had a receptionist verbally abuse me a couple of weeks ago and I reported it but I still have yet to get an apology from her or here anything back. I was told they did not tolerate that.

All of the upper Management are all of the same race there are no minorities there at all in this location working in upper Management positions at all.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Rude Disrespectful coworkers and no minorities in upper management positions
Fun place
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, OHAugust 24, 2017
Great job just not great money . Residents are amazing and managent is great butccompaby does not offer any money. That is why I unfortunately left the comp.
Excellent company with great employees
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHAugust 17, 2017
I have worked at a few other nursing facilities, and have visited many others. No facility compares to Kingston. The environment is second to none. They are always evolving. Changing updating and making the buildings the best. The employees in every department are some of the finest people I have ever met. I consider everyone my family. The sky is the limit with what you can do at Kingston.
Pros
Work with your schedule, great people, clean and safe environment.
Management is not people friendly
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHAugust 4, 2017
I worked here for 2 years and was fired on the spot when i had a crisis and couldn't find a ride to work. Then the manager who fired me told everyone there i had texted her and quit!
Pros
The residents.
Cons
Poor pay. Bad management
Great employees and great place for patients!
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHJuly 31, 2017
I loved working at Kingston Healthcare. If I didn't move to California, I would've stayed with the company. The managers are wonderful and understanding. I always suggest friends and family to work here.
Lpn
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHJuly 14, 2017
Love my patients and co-workers. Too much required from nurse trying to care for the number of skilled rehabilitation patients, but this is the nursing world these days unfortunately.
Great Management
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHJuly 9, 2017
Fun, fast paced work environment. Sometimes stressful when we are short staffed but that does not happen very often. Great managers who will help whenever you need.
Pros
Fun, Fast-Paced.
Cons
Sometimes Short Staffed
Friendly Place to work
current employee (Current Employee) –  Kingston, PA 18704June 29, 2017
Great staff and wonderful residents make it easy to go to work every day. Friendly environment and everyone gets along! Would recommend it to others!
Pros
Friendly Environment
Very rewarding end of day result
Housekeeper/Laundry (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHJune 13, 2017
Very busy and demanding days at times. Very good crew to work with because we always come together as a team. Our team works well together and we have a great end of day result.
Fun place to work I enjoyed working with residents
Laundry Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IN25June 8, 2017
I wash residents linens residents personal clothes. I helped take residents to dining room to eat their meals. Put linens in the linens closet and take personal clothes for residents to their room.
Pros
I enjoyed working with residents and the staffers ARE great TO.
Cons
Its not really a hard place but stressful
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHMay 26, 2017
There resident are really rude and impolite also kingston are very hard on there employees the are also shot staff alot but thats pretty good because you get good hours and theres always shifts to pick up
Pros
Dietary Employees Eat Free
Cons
Sometimes get a 10 minute break depending if everythings done and reseted
Beautiful place to work
Activities Director (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHMay 23, 2017
Not only do you have the opportunity each day to enrich the lives of your residents but their families as well. When you can keep them happy , busy and enjoying life each day you have happy family's. Being out in the community with the seniors and being involved in different activities shows that these senior still have a lot to offer. You can learn so much from them. Their life history is amazing.
nice people to work with and work for
houekeeping, activities dept. (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHMay 22, 2017
Kingston I s a good balanced place to work, with good management and caring people. The best thing about this job is that the fellow workers treat you like family. The worst part is everyday is different and can tend to be stressful at times.
Family atmosphere, very flexible with hours.
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 8, 2017
Worked here for 5 years and were a nice group of understanding individuals. CEO was very hands on which is nice, but only to a certain degree. Would recommend this workplace.
Not a good place
LPN (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 30, 2017
Loved my co workers but mgmt turnover was high and not there for staff. Pay is average benefits are not good and work place is very high tension. Always trouble brewing.
Productive and great workplace
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCApril 19, 2017
Enjoy working here! Great company and great benefits as well. Always have something fun going on to show us how much we mean to the company. I would definitely recommend working here.
Can't believe those positive reviews
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHApril 17, 2017
As a former employee there, I would not recommend Kingston. I have known other former employees who would agree. Kingston seems to be all talk and no real action showing care for the employees. They may pay pretty well, and start out looking impressive, but they do not follow through on employee policies and respectful treatment.
Pros
pay is pretty good
Cons
uncaring management
productive place to work
Stna/med tech (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHApril 13, 2017
for the most part there is team work. may have a little lack of communicaion which really needs worked on. but the most important part is taking care of the residents who reside there. i get along well with everyone and i make sure my residents are happy and well taken care of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kingston Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.