KINGSTON HEALTHCARE

KINGSTON HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews

Home office (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 9, 2016
I worked for Kingston for just about 3 years. I loved working for this company. I felt like I was truly cared about & appreciated as an employee, and felt good knowing that I worked for a company that had great values. Kingston has a great mission statement that they live by as well. I met great friends and enjoyed coming to work every day. Finding a place like Kingston is hard to come by these days.

I had to leave because I needed tuition benefits to finish my degree otherwise I would have stayed there forever.
Pros
A company that truly makes patients & employees feel like family
Cons
No tuition benefits
My dream job
Administration (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 2, 2016
I have worked for Kingston for over 10 years. Working for this great company does not seem like work, even though we all work hard. My co-workers are caring people, committed to providing quality care, with integrity and respect. The mission and approach is lived out on a daily basis, and the leadership sets the example. At Kingston, I feel like I can truly make a difference to help others and feel proud of the company I work for.
Pros
Integrity, quality care, environment, teamwork
Great place to work - Unique, caring culture for employees
Central Billing Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 16, 2016
Kingston's genuine care philosophy for both our residents and employees is practiced every day. Management asks and listens to suggestions, ideas and comments. Work/life balance is encouraged and although there is a lot to accomplish at any given time, co-workers are active team members who step up and pull their weight in projects, tasks, etc.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, team work
Cons
Nothing out of the ordinary
Great Culture
Nursing Management (Current Employee) –  Vermilion, OHNovember 11, 2016
Working at Kingston is very rewarding. I enjoy being able to work with such a dynamic nursing team. Nursing can be stressful but our team works together to get through the toughest of times. Kingston gives me the ability to learn and grow within the company. From the top on down everyone cares about you personally and professionally. It is very refreshing to work in an environment like this.
Pros
Kingston Approach, Flexibility, teamwork
The Employer of Choice
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vermilion, OHOctober 20, 2016
I have been with Kingston now for a little over 5 years. I started out as a part time employee and quickly moved up to full time. I have worked in varies departments and have grown so much with all my acquired knowledge in our industry. I enjoy my team and our culture. I believe we have a wonderful staff full of fun people! I am very proud to tell everyone where I work and what I do! Kingston has so many incentives for employees that I just didn't get working anywhere else. I love working for Kingston Healthcare Company!
Pros
Tons of Kingston swag, great coworkers, meaningful careers, competitive wages
Mission driven employee centered work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 1, 2016
Kingston is a company with true commitment to its Mission and Approach. From day one you will experience their focus on employee safety, mission and approach as well as customer service. All locations are well cared for and employees have the materials, tools and equipment to meet the expectations of their role.

Feedback from employees is encouraged and process improvement plans are always in motion. If you want to make a difference in healthcare, this is the company that will support you in making a difference. The hardest part of the job is the pace as the buildings are very busy. The most enjoyable part of the job will be your co-workers and the residents you serve.
Pros
Great benefits and compensation
Cons
very busy buildings
Rewarding job and really nice people
Patient Service/ Care (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHOctober 31, 2016
The company talks a lot about genuine care- and they actually do it!
Patients come in because something bad has happened in their life- they don't want to be here. But by the time they are ready to leave--- they don't want to! That is why we work in this industry. I know my coworkers genuinely care about their patients- and each other.
Pros
Atmosphere, benefits, reputation
Cons
for me long commute
Great Place to Work!!
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHSeptember 8, 2016
I love working at Kingston. So much effort goes into making sure the residents, families and staff are happy. It is such a great place to work that I have encouraged many family members to work for Kingston too!!
It is also a priority for Kingston to give back to the community. We donate financially as well as with our time to help our community be a better place and give back to our neighbors.
Pros
great environment, training and staff. They do a lot for the staff and show appreciation
Kingston Rocks!!!
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHNovember 11, 2016
I have worked for Kingston for 12 years. My employers there have provided me with the experience and resources to do what I love: taking wonderful care of people going through a difficult time in their lives. Kingston encourages its employees to always do the right thing and provides a safe, fun and inclusive workplace.
Pros
Focus on the Kingston mission and approach, making work fun!
Strong Integrity and Great Leadership
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHOctober 13, 2016
I have been a Kingston employee for over two years. My time with Kingston has been rewarding and fulfilling. Kingston is a company that truly cares about employees well-being, input and overall work balance life. I feel truly supported and love that I get to work with such a phenomenal group of people. Best of all...we have fun!
Pros
Management, strong ethics
Great environment, truly care about their workers.
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHAugust 29, 2016
This is a great place to work. Kingston is one of the most highly recommended long term care facilities in Ohio. Management is great, they truly value the work and input of all employees. Communication is great, which is one thing that is hard to find in healthcare and one that I take very seriously. The culture is funneled down from upper management and all employees buy into the approach; which makes for an all around great work environment. You truly get to see residents and employees grow together, which is the most enjoyable part of the job for me.
Pros
Fun, earn gift cards for attendance!
Cons
Busy
I love what I do
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHAugust 29, 2016
I have worked for Kingston for over 13 years and love what I do. I enjoy what I am able to do every day and appreciate the team of dedicated professionals that I work with. Our residents become like family members to us and we really do care about them. It's a wonderful place to work, especially if you like to make a difference in someone else's life every day.
Pros
Working with a dedicated staff and wonderful residents
Cons
It's very difficult when a resident passes away. It's often like you lost a family member.
Great Place to Work
Current Team Member (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 19, 2016
Kingston Fort Wayne cares about it's employees. Every facility is challenged to provide adequate staffing levels; however, Kingston Fort Wayne is doing everything and anything they can to support their employees. They have started a new Student C.N.A. program to make the C.N.A.'s to support us since they are not out there. They are offering different incentives, reward programs, and actually say Thank You! You will often see the Team Leaders, ADON, and DON out there working on the floor to support us so we can have a break. What an amazing team!
Pros
Team work, experienced staff, management supports, recognition, free lunch on occasion, offer conitnued education to develop us, wages are fantastic, benefits good, staffing ratio adequate
Cons
People call in which creates challenging environment
Fun environment with great teamwork and growth oppotunities!
Charge Nurse LPN (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHAugust 29, 2016
I have worked as a nurse with Kingston for 9 years. I started as an STNA and after graduating from nursing school, I took on my new role as an LPN. Kingston provides career advancement, great wage scale and is a great local company to work for. Kingston Residence of Perrysburg is a REALLY nice Assisted Living--it is just the right size, so you feel like you are part of a family. I love it here.
Rewarding
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHNovember 15, 2016
Great team work from the front line staff all the way through the management team! Every staff member is set up for success- and the amount of support provided is outstanding! I have never had a job that I look forward to going to everyday, especially one with such a great Mission statement. The only regret I have is that I didn't join this amazing team sooner!
Great place to work, good benefits, nice people
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 30, 2016
I have worked in the maintenance department at Kingston for over one year and find it to be a very rewarding job. The people I work with genuinely care for the residents and dietary and environmental services does a wonderful job with the food and cleanliness.
Pros
Paid time off, competitive wages
Cons
Testy residents at times
great place to work
staff (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 28, 2016
Kingston is a top notch company to work for. High ethical mission and they live by it. Support from all levels of management and never feel you are being put down or unheard. Great staff to work with and they truly care about the residents and provide great care. Always have the stuff we need to take care of our patients too.
Pros
very caring and supportive
Awesome place to work!
Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHAugust 29, 2016
Kingston Residence of Perrysburg is a GREAT place to work! Management always is trying their best to make it a great place to work and keep the atmosphere positive. It's just like any other company out there where every hired individual is responsible for the attitude and outlook on the day. If they come to work with a poor attitude, call off all the time etc then of course it will bring the rest down and make it now what you to come to work. However, at this location we have a strong core of awesome employees and management that take care of the negativity so we can focus on the most important job which is to take care of our wonderful residents!! If you want to work for a company that works with you on your schedule and help you jump start a career in healthcare then please apply because we want you!
Pros
Great Teamwork!, A set monthly schedule, Great Benifits!!
Kingston is the place to be!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 9, 2016
Kingston lives and breathes a culture of support for its employees and passion for caring for our residents. It starts with the President and carries throughout the organization. Kingston makes me feel valued and that positively impacts how we care for our residents and patients.
It's my home away from home
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHAugust 30, 2016
This is a wonderful facility to work for. In my past experience, I would walk past upper management and they would walk on by. At Kingston, the management is helpful and it is such a friendly atmosphere.
The best part is the employees, managers and all of the fun stories from the patients.
Pros
We celebrate everything