KINGSTON HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews in United States

busy work place ever changing
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, OHMay 5, 2016
I worked in housekeeping it was a busy job. It was ever changing when you came each day. You had to addoped to change quickly. you had to do more then you share of cleaing. The aid were lazy to clean up a spill a resident made example water spilled on the hall floor a few drops they only put a sign and look for us to do it.
Housekeeping was the ONLY!!! department not allowed to go over there schedule time. they weren't allowed over time if needed to get things done during your work shift. (the department was on a budget) I was the only housekeeper in the department during the time I was there hired in as every weekend but as soon as a new housekeeper was hired they got every other weekend while I was every weekend still. Seems as if the department I was in didn't like anyone new coming in cause they had there set ways and would find anything aginst you.

If you like to clean understress this job is for you at Kingston!
Pros
free food before its tossed
Cons
not feeling belonged
Healthcare is hard work.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHMarch 17, 2016
It is. And if you choose to work here, you can expect to multiply that by 10.
If there's one good thing I could say, it's that they have an incredibly caring staff of nurses, RAs, dietary aides, and housekeepers, who truly care about the well being of the people who've made Kingston their permanent home. It even comes down to remembering that a resident prefers their bed made a certain way, or the way they like their coffee prepared.
While I worked here, I can absolutely say that the nursing staff always provided excellent care to residents and tried their best to work as a team, but working with half of the amount of appropriate resident assistants, staying over to cover absences, for such little pay, gets pretty old. Especially when it's so obviously unappreciated by an upper management that doesn't even comprehend how back-breaking the work is during an 8-hour shift, let alone 12. Sometimes several RAs had to stay into the next shift, and the D.O.N. wouldn't even come out of their office to pass on a simple "thank you", or offer help for that matter. The residents were always extremely appreciative, but it only went so far when it becomes a constant, unending issue. I never saw a single person offered a merit-based raise, and some of the RAs and nurses spent more time at Kingston than at home with their own families.

Overall, I would not recommend working here. Working with the residents was extremely rewarding, and I will never forget what I learned while there or the wonderful co-workers that I formed bonds with. However, the overbearing stress of the job, deplorable
  more... work conditions, incredibly poor management, and physical sickness that overcame me during the drive to work every day was not worth $9/hr. That said, I would strongly recommend seeking employment elsewhere.  less
Pros
Great co-workers, wonderful residents
Cons
Poor management, long hours, inadequate staffing
A great place to work
nutrition (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHDecember 23, 2015
I worked for Kingston Residence of Perrysburg for several years. I enjoyed every aspect of my job. I only left because I moved to go back to school out of state. I really enjoyed working in dietary, it was fun interacting with the residents and other staff. My manager always worked around my school schedule and showed great compassion toward her job and the people there. I would absolutely work for Kingston again if I moved back in the area.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
the pay
Drama and very poor management
Resident Aide (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHDecember 15, 2015
Great job experience and some great co workers. Very poor management, act like they really care, but don't. Would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Pay rate, bad turn over rate, and drama filled
Active place to work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHNovember 11, 2015
Very hard work, physically, and a lot of customer service experience gained through a typical day at this job. The management team is improving its involvement in patient care and satisfaction which is good. Kingston also offers continuing education opportunities at no cost.
Pros
Pay rate, nice staff
Cons
Understaffed, very physical work, management offers little help
Lack of Management
CNA (Former Employee) –  Ashland,OHOctober 21, 2015
I loved the patients but there wasn't a lot of team work among staff to pull off the work load. No management was involved when necessary.No opportunities to advance either.
Pros
Patients
Cons
No breaks most time, No management
Poor Management and Bad Turn over rate
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHOctober 1, 2015
The management here is just awful. They do not care for you, they go out to lunch together for an hour almost everyday of the week, but you barely get a full break. This place is so short staffed, and when they do hire people, they leave right away because they realize how bad it is. If you're not an STNA, you're treated awful. You are required to do so much work in an 8 hour shift. My raise for the year was 12 cents and when I asked why it was so low, I was told it was based on my "performance", but new people were being hired in making more than the people with the higher seniority. My manager would not listen to anything I had to say, it was her way or it didn't matter. She says that she has an "open door policy" but then uses it against you later on. Never work here!
Pros
Gift cards
Cons
Short breaks, Poor management
Dysfunction at its best
RN (Current Employee) –  MiamisburgApril 30, 2015
The facility itself is wonderful. The staff was mostly great to work with with the exceptions of a few, but no place is perfect. HR was reasonable, the training was adequate, social services and the therapy dept did good work. The problem with this facility is really 2 or 3 folks who happen to be in areas of power. The director of nursing has never taken the time to learn what the nurses or aides do on a daily basis, is untrained on the computer system so unable to assist when needs would or could arise and rarely has been seen speaking to its residents. His 2nd in command on day shift is equally as ineffective. This person's sole job is to assist the nurses in day to day activities, however this person spends more time creating nonsensical tasks for many employees that there is ever opportunity to assist the nurses with true issues or emergencies. Both are nice people personally but inappropriate for the roles they were given. Communication from leaders to staff is poor at best and the reason many are leaving. A facility is only as good as its leaders and unfortunately at the hands of really 2 or 3 individuals this facility is not up to par. I am grateful for getting to work with wonderful nurses and other staff because they are all truly there for the right reasons, but couldn't work for such unorganized leaders, too dysfunctional for me.
Pros
hours and pay was decent
Cons
communication and lack of leadership
If you believe in right from wrong, do not work here.
Nursing Department (Former Employee) –  Kingston of MarionMarch 22, 2015
Poor management, but just in certain departments. I wholeheartedly agree with the reviewer who said they do not practice what they preach. You are told what to say and document in certain circumstances, regardless of it's accuracy. Image is more important than residents to some. People are in a management position that should not be. This review is not intended toward the whole facility. In fact, a wonderful new administrator was hired that seems to truly care. Unfortunately, I worked in a department that was in it's own little world.
N/a
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHSeptember 25, 2014
Working at Kingston Healthcare I received a lot of knowledge about providing care for residents. Working there also increased my desire to be a nurse.
Not what it seems
nursing department (Former Employee) –  Kingston of VermilionSeptember 15, 2014
Politics, politics, politics! Do not practice what they preach. Not much of a support system. Must be one of the "popular people" to make it.
Pros
some nice staff
Cons
not a supportive enviroment
Poor mngmt and communication
Lpn (Former Employee) –  VermilionAugust 27, 2014
Always short staffed, mngmt reluctant to help on floor, do not follow their culture they teach
Patient care neglect, poor staff and enviorment
RA (Former Employee) –  Sylvania ohioJuly 17, 2014
I was very excited to work as an RA, it quickly turned around. I received very inadequate training and was still required to know everything and was quickly blamed, not the trainer! The management was more interested in pretending that their staffing and policies were perfect. They fail to follow their mission statement even though they hold it in high regard. I was condemned for working hard and assisting a resident more than the assigned STNA had. When I went in to talk to the manager, she condemned me for being a "drama queen" and refused to listen to my side as a new employee. I had never asked for help unless needed and never spoke ill of any of the employees or the company. This was the first time I had ever dealt with this turmoil in being in the medical field for 8+ years. I was being bullied by the other girls and they refused to help me, actually pushing more of their responsibilities on to me, yet I never complained. The residents were constantly telling me how much they appreciated me actually caring for and helping them in their time of need and not waiting for 30+ minutes compared to much of the other staff. The other staff would congregate daily in a resident's rooms and gossip about other staff and residents while they ignored the residence needs and having them sitting on the toilet for 30+ minutes. Patient care and comfort should be number 1! Every resident should also be treated the same not valued more because the family is coming in every day to check up. There was only team work if the girls liked you and I believe this causes constant employee turnover.  more... I decided to resign a month into working there after I had received an excellent review and was given 3 "crowns" within just one week by residents and another employee. My heart goes out to the residents there. I was told by many other people not to work there from there previous experience, however, I was hoping to prove them wrong. This is a difficult job but I enjoyed ever part of helping the residents, but I would tell anyone not to apply as an STNA.  less
Pros
available hours of work, clean environment
Cons
poor patient care, management, and cliquey envoirment
Great environment and great management.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJuly 17, 2014
This is a great place to work because, we have great residents and management really cares about you and your opinion. They treat you with respect and you get incentives from them to show that they appreciate you. It's a wonderful place and I enjoy everyday of work.
Pros
great company, great benefits!
Cons
there are none really.
A great place to work.
dietary (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OhMarch 14, 2014
I love my job and the people I work with. Not only do we get paid to do our job they also give little incentitves. It's like a big family here everyone cares.
Pros
everything
Cons
getting attached to residents, then when they pass it's hard
Massive turnover-Poor Management-Compromised "values". Profit Over People.
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  AshlandOctober 29, 2013
Involved in patient accounts. Received little training due to management too busy trying to advance their own job up to next level. Was asked to quietly give preferential treatment to "VIP" patient accounts and overlook company financial policies for those "special" people...i.e. those higher profile elite community members or the family members of high profile community members in the Ashland facility. I was let go on a Monday after having a glowing review on the Friday prior because I refused to break company policy (as well as State Regulations) without having the names of those patients who they were asking to be treated differently and above their own policies in writing. (Never had a single write up or derogatory comment on my performance prior to that at this job or any other job.) I guess when I said "I treat ALL people the same, regardless of how much money/assets they have and what insurance plan the have or not" was unacceptable to the crooks running that facility.
When I was hired half the staff was new due to constant turnover. Nursing staff did all they could and were caring but seemed to struggle with being overworked and severely understaffed as well as unappreciated.
Many great employees, but there is an internal air of pass the buck and blame whoever you can to keep any heat from problems off of you. No accountability from management.
Doing extra and staying over gets you no where with this company.
Working hard and doing your job is not at all acknowledged or appreciated. Make them $ hand over fist or you will not fit in. Profit is definitely placed in priority
  more... over People. Residents and employees alike.
Must be willig to compromise your values and integrity to work here.
Pros
they have good pay if you can stand the environment and double standards
Cons
management, environment, constant fear of blame, resident account management-preferential treatment
Run!!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  AshlandOctober 5, 2013
Caring for residents is high priority. It's too bad that management is so worried about their budget instead of the care that their residents receive. Facility should staff according to acuity instead of the number of heads in a bed because nurses aren't able to give the appropriate care necessary. It's a good thing that team work among nurses is there since most clinical directors are "too busy" to help when needed. This used to be a decent place to work but has gone downhill considerably since corporate has sent in their cronies to "straighten things out". Has gotten far worse. If you don't desperately need a job, look elsewhere.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
short staffed, no help from management when needed
Great team work, always short staffed.
STNA (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHSeptember 9, 2013
It was like a family there. I loved working there, I was so close to all of my co workers and the residents. A typical day at work was full of team work and positivity. Unfortunately, management wasn't the best there. They had a lot of turn over and that caused for bad moral at times. The hardest part would definitely be the short staffing. The staff did our best to work together and make each day enjoyable but some days, it got the best of all of us. The absolute most enjoyable part of my job at kingston was working in the alzheimers ward.
Pros
working with such great girls that stayed
Cons
bad turn over rate
Fun workplace that provides lots of support
LPN (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OhioMarch 8, 2013
I have worked at Kingston HealthCare for over 5 years. The company truly believes in its mission and approach that the employee is their most important asset.

I have the materials I need to get my job done and I enjoy the residents and their families.

If you want a career in healthcare - this is a great company.
Caring Staff
support staff (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 19, 2013
I have worked for Kingston for just over 1 year and have found the staff to be very caring and respectful. The STNAs have a very challenging job to do every day and they all do it with such a great attitude. Providing quality care to our residents in a respectful manner is clearly the top priority at Kingston.