KINGSTON HEALTHCARE

KINGSTON HEALTHCARE Employer Reviews

N/A
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Sylvania, OHSeptember 25, 2014
Working at Kingston Healthcare I received a lot of knowledge about providing care for residents. Working there also increased my desire to be a nurse.
Not what it seems
nursing department (Former Employee), Kingston of VermilionSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: some nice staff
Cons: not a supportive enviroment
Politics, politics, politics! Do not practice what they preach. Not much of a support system. Must be one of the "popular people" to make it.
Poor mngmt and communication
Lpn (Former Employee), VermilionAugust 27, 2014
Always short staffed, mngmt reluctant to help on floor, do not follow their culture they teach
Patient care neglect, poor staff and enviorment
RA (Former Employee), Sylvania ohioJuly 17, 2014
Pros: available hours of work, clean environment
Cons: poor patient care, management, and cliquey envoirment
I was very excited to work as an RA, it quickly turned around. I received very inadequate training and was still required to know everything and was quickly blamed, not the trainer! The management was more interested in pretending that their staffing and policies were perfect. They fail to follow their mission statement even though they hold it in high – more... regard. I was condemned for working hard and assisting a resident more than the assigned STNA had. When I went in to talk to the manager, she condemned me for being a "drama queen" and refused to listen to my side as a new employee. I had never asked for help unless needed and never spoke ill of any of the employees or the company. This was the first time I had ever dealt with this turmoil in being in the medical field for 8+ years. I was being bullied by the other girls and they refused to help me, actually pushing more of their responsibilities on to me, yet I never complained. The residents were constantly telling me how much they appreciated me actually caring for and helping them in their time of need and not waiting for 30+ minutes compared to much of the other staff. The other staff would congregate daily in a resident's rooms and gossip about other staff and residents while they ignored the residence needs and having them sitting on the toilet for 30+ minutes. Patient care and comfort should be number 1! Every resident should also be treated the same not valued more because the family is coming in every day to check up. There was only team work if the girls liked you and I believe this causes constant employee turnover. I decided to resign a month into working there after I had received an excellent review and was given 3 "crowns" within just one week by residents and another employee. My heart goes out to the residents there. I was told by many other people not to work there from there previous experience, however, I was hoping to prove them wrong. This is a difficult job but I enjoyed ever part of helping the residents, but I would tell anyone not to apply as an STNA. – less
Great environment and great management.
Cook (Current Employee), Perrysburg, OHJuly 17, 2014
Pros: great company, great benefits!
Cons: there are none really.
This is a great place to work because, we have great residents and management really cares about you and your opinion. They treat you with respect and you get incentives from them to show that they appreciate you. It's a wonderful place and I enjoy everyday of work.
Team oriented
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Toledo, OHApril 6, 2014
Great place to work, everyday you do rounds with the shift before you getting information on the patients. You start getting your patients up, the hardest part of the job is making sure you have all the patients up before therapy, and the enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the patients.
A great place to work.
dietary (Current Employee), Perrysburg, OhMarch 14, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: getting attached to residents, then when they pass it's hard
I love my job and the people I work with. Not only do we get paid to do our job they also give little incentitves. It's like a big family here everyone cares.
Run!!
Nurse (Current Employee), AshlandOctober 5, 2013
Pros: 12 hour shifts
Cons: short staffed, no help from management when needed
Caring for residents is high priority. It's too bad that management is so worried about their budget instead of the care that their residents receive. Facility should staff according to acuity instead of the number of heads in a bed because nurses aren't able to give the appropriate care necessary. It's a good thing that team work among nurses is there – more... since most clinical directors are "too busy" to help when needed. This used to be a decent place to work but has gone downhill considerably since corporate has sent in their cronies to "straighten things out". Has gotten far worse. If you don't desperately need a job, look elsewhere. – less
Great team work, always short staffed.
STNA (Former Employee), Perrysburg, OHSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: working with such great girls that stayed
Cons: bad turn over rate
It was like a family there. I loved working there, I was so close to all of my co workers and the residents. A typical day at work was full of team work and positivity. Unfortunately, management wasn't the best there. They had a lot of turn over and that caused for bad moral at times. The hardest part would definitely be the short staffing. The staff – more... did our best to work together and make each day enjoyable but some days, it got the best of all of us. The absolute most enjoyable part of my job at kingston was working in the alzheimers ward. – less
Fun workplace that provides lots of support
LPN (Current Employee), Sylvania, OhioMarch 8, 2013
I have worked at Kingston HealthCare for over 5 years. The company truly believes in its mission and approach that the employee is their most important asset.

I have the materials I need to get my job done and I enjoy the residents and their families.

If you want a career in healthcare - this is a great company.
Caring Staff
support staff (Current Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 19, 2013
I have worked for Kingston for just over 1 year and have found the staff to be very caring and respectful. The STNAs have a very challenging job to do every day and they all do it with such a great attitude. Providing quality care to our residents in a respectful manner is clearly the top priority at Kingston.
Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee), ToledoFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: wonderful staff, very caring.
I have worked for Kingston for many years. They believe that their employees are their most important asset and treat them that way. They have always supported me and helped me to meet the needs of my family's schedule. It is a wonderful, supportive group of people. The company believes in helping people to utilize their strengths everyday.
dayshift on the unit i trained on did not bathe or give pts a.m. care just woke pts up and dressed the pts.
stna (Former Employee), Sylvania, OhioOctober 14, 2012
Pros: pay was high for the geographic area
Cons: poor neglectful care poor staff attitudes
I was appalled at the unprofessional and poor neglectful care given at the Sylvania Ohio facilty. Thier were many staff members that should be fired and have their licenses revoked due to neglect as u can't just not bathe pts and give no hygenic am care I reported this to mgmt as I was a new employee and they did nothing I was fed up and quit after – more... only two weeks I couldn't be a part of a team that neglects their pts care needs I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy no human being should be cared for in the way the stna s I worked with at Kingston cared for their pts. – less
New Managment
STNA (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHAugust 27, 2012
I worked as an STNA here. Very busy and stressful but good quality care was provided. Used to be called, Crystal Manor, before Kingston took over.
A very nice place to work for,
RA (Former Employee), Sylvania, OHJanuary 27, 2012
Pros: wonderful people
Cons: odd shifts
The work is hard, but it is a great way to get started in the medical field.