KINGSTON HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews in United States

busy work place ever changing
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, OHMay 5, 2016
I worked in housekeeping it was a busy job. It was ever changing when you came each day. You had to addoped to change quickly. you had to do more then you share of cleaing. The aid were lazy to clean up a spill a resident made example water spilled on the hall floor a few drops they only put a sign and look for us to do it.
Housekeeping was the ONLY!!! department not allowed to go over there schedule time. they weren't allowed over time if needed to get things done during your work shift. (the department was on a budget) I was the only housekeeper in the department during the time I was there hired in as every weekend but as soon as a new housekeeper was hired they got every other weekend while I was every weekend still. Seems as if the department I was in didn't like anyone new coming in cause they had there set ways and would find anything aginst you.

If you like to clean understress this job is for you at Kingston!
Pros
free food before its tossed
Cons
not feeling belonged
A great place to work
nutrition (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHDecember 23, 2015
I worked for Kingston Residence of Perrysburg for several years. I enjoyed every aspect of my job. I only left because I moved to go back to school out of state. I really enjoyed working in dietary, it was fun interacting with the residents and other staff. My manager always worked around my school schedule and showed great compassion toward her job and the people there. I would absolutely work for Kingston again if I moved back in the area.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
the pay
Active place to work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHNovember 11, 2015
Very hard work, physically, and a lot of customer service experience gained through a typical day at this job. The management team is improving its involvement in patient care and satisfaction which is good. Kingston also offers continuing education opportunities at no cost.
Pros
Pay rate, nice staff
Cons
Understaffed, very physical work, management offers little help
Poor Management and Bad Turn over rate
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHOctober 1, 2015
The management here is just awful. They do not care for you, they go out to lunch together for an hour almost everyday of the week, but you barely get a full break. This place is so short staffed, and when they do hire people, they leave right away because they realize how bad it is. If you're not an STNA, you're treated awful. You are required to do so much work in an 8 hour shift. My raise for the year was 12 cents and when I asked why it was so low, I was told it was based on my "performance", but new people were being hired in making more than the people with the higher seniority. My manager would not listen to anything I had to say, it was her way or it didn't matter. She says that she has an "open door policy" but then uses it against you later on. Never work here!
Pros
Gift cards
Cons
Short breaks, Poor management
Drama and very poor management
Resident Aide (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHDecember 15, 2015
Great job experience and some great co workers. Very poor management, act like they really care, but don't. Would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Pay rate, bad turn over rate, and drama filled
Lack of Management
CNA (Former Employee) –  Ashland,OHOctober 21, 2015
I loved the patients but there wasn't a lot of team work among staff to pull off the work load. No management was involved when necessary.No opportunities to advance either.
Pros
Patients
Cons
No breaks most time, No management
If you believe in right from wrong, do not work here.
Nursing Department (Former Employee) –  Kingston of MarionMarch 22, 2015
Poor management, but just in certain departments. I wholeheartedly agree with the reviewer who said they do not practice what they preach. You are told what to say and document in certain circumstances, regardless of it's accuracy. Image is more important than residents to some. People are in a management position that should not be. This review is not intended toward the whole facility. In fact, a wonderful new administrator was hired that seems to truly care. Unfortunately, I worked in a department that was in it's own little world.
Healthcare is hard work.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHMarch 17, 2016
It is. And if you choose to work here, you can expect to multiply that by 10.
If there's one good thing I could say, it's that they have an incredibly caring staff of nurses, RAs, dietary aides, and housekeepers, who truly care about the well being of the people who've made Kingston their permanent home. It even comes down to remembering that a resident prefers their bed made a certain way, or the way they like their coffee prepared.
While I worked here, I can absolutely say that the nursing staff always provided excellent care to residents and tried their best to work as a team, but working with half of the amount of appropriate resident assistants, staying over to cover absences, for such little pay, gets pretty old. Especially when it's so obviously unappreciated by an upper management that doesn't even comprehend how back-breaking the work is during an 8-hour shift, let alone 12. Sometimes several RAs had to stay into the next shift, and the D.O.N. wouldn't even come out of their office to pass on a simple "thank you", or offer help for that matter. The residents were always extremely appreciative, but it only went so far when it becomes a constant, unending issue. I never saw a single person offered a merit-based raise, and some of the RAs and nurses spent more time at Kingston than at home with their own families.

Overall, I would not recommend working here. Working with the residents was extremely rewarding, and I will never forget what I learned while there or the wonderful co-workers that I formed bonds with. However, the overbearing stress of the job, deplorable
  more... work conditions, incredibly poor management, and physical sickness that overcame me during the drive to work every day was not worth $9/hr. That said, I would strongly recommend seeking employment elsewhere.  less
Pros
Great co-workers, wonderful residents
Cons
Poor management, long hours, inadequate staffing
Run!!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  AshlandOctober 5, 2013
Caring for residents is high priority. It's too bad that management is so worried about their budget instead of the care that their residents receive. Facility should staff according to acuity instead of the number of heads in a bed because nurses aren't able to give the appropriate care necessary. It's a good thing that team work among nurses is there since most clinical directors are "too busy" to help when needed. This used to be a decent place to work but has gone downhill considerably since corporate has sent in their cronies to "straighten things out". Has gotten far worse. If you don't desperately need a job, look elsewhere.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
short staffed, no help from management when needed
Great team work, always short staffed.
STNA (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHSeptember 9, 2013
It was like a family there. I loved working there, I was so close to all of my co workers and the residents. A typical day at work was full of team work and positivity. Unfortunately, management wasn't the best there. They had a lot of turn over and that caused for bad moral at times. The hardest part would definitely be the short staffing. The staff did our best to work together and make each day enjoyable but some days, it got the best of all of us. The absolute most enjoyable part of my job at kingston was working in the alzheimers ward.
Pros
working with such great girls that stayed
Cons
bad turn over rate
dayshift on the unit i trained on did not bathe or give pts a.m. care just woke pts up and dressed the pts.
stna (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OhioOctober 14, 2012
I was appalled at the unprofessional and poor neglectful care given at the Sylvania Ohio facilty. Thier were many staff members that should be fired and have their licenses revoked due to neglect as u can't just not bathe pts and give no hygenic am care I reported this to mgmt as I was a new employee and they did nothing I was fed up and quit after only two weeks I couldn't be a part of a team that neglects their pts care needs I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy no human being should be cared for in the way the stna s I worked with at Kingston cared for their pts.
Pros
pay was high for the geographic area
Cons
poor neglectful care poor staff attitudes
Great environment and great management.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJuly 17, 2014
This is a great place to work because, we have great residents and management really cares about you and your opinion. They treat you with respect and you get incentives from them to show that they appreciate you. It's a wonderful place and I enjoy everyday of work.
Pros
great company, great benefits!
Cons
there are none really.
Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  ToledoFebruary 7, 2013
I have worked for Kingston for many years. They believe that their employees are their most important asset and treat them that way. They have always supported me and helped me to meet the needs of my family's schedule. It is a wonderful, supportive group of people. The company believes in helping people to utilize their strengths everyday.
Pros
wonderful staff, very caring.
Team oriented
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 6, 2014
Great place to work, everyday you do rounds with the shift before you getting information on the patients. You start getting your patients up, the hardest part of the job is making sure you have all the patients up before therapy, and the enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the patients.
Fun workplace that provides lots of support
LPN (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OhioMarch 8, 2013
I have worked at Kingston HealthCare for over 5 years. The company truly believes in its mission and approach that the employee is their most important asset.

I have the materials I need to get my job done and I enjoy the residents and their families.

If you want a career in healthcare - this is a great company.
Caring Staff
support staff (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 19, 2013
I have worked for Kingston for just over 1 year and have found the staff to be very caring and respectful. The STNAs have a very challenging job to do every day and they all do it with such a great attitude. Providing quality care to our residents in a respectful manner is clearly the top priority at Kingston.
Not what it seems
nursing department (Former Employee) –  Kingston of VermilionSeptember 15, 2014
Politics, politics, politics! Do not practice what they preach. Not much of a support system. Must be one of the "popular people" to make it.
Pros
some nice staff
Cons
not a supportive enviroment
A great place to work.
dietary (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OhMarch 14, 2014
I love my job and the people I work with. Not only do we get paid to do our job they also give little incentitves. It's like a big family here everyone cares.
Pros
everything
Cons
getting attached to residents, then when they pass it's hard
former employee - terrible place, care, staff!
Ashamed to state (Former Employee) –  sylvaniaNovember 4, 2012
I worked for Kingston in Sylvania, at first I thought it was going to be a great place to work. The management and corporate staff lie and stab people in the back! The business office over charges patients and families, also puts charges on bills for supplies not even used on the patient. So if the family does not ask questions on charges, they never know. The care for patients is sad!! The only thing Kingston cares about is their name and trying to make themselves look good by being involved in the community and having nice furniture. You have to wonder why a corporate office manager got demoted to the business office?! Its sad knowing all of the neglect the patients get and management does not care. Sad te management and corporate office lie and scam hundreds of families and patients for money! I pray on day they will crash and pay for all that they do!
Pros
there is no pro in scamming, & wrongful charging families, becouse they know families with money, put their loved one there.
Cons
the whole place, staff, management & corporate office
N/a
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHSeptember 25, 2014
Working at Kingston Healthcare I received a lot of knowledge about providing care for residents. Working there also increased my desire to be a nurse.

2.9