KINGSTON HEALTHCARE

KINGSTON HEALTHCARE Employer Reviews

N/A
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Sylvania, OHSeptember 25, 2014
Working at Kingston Healthcare I received a lot of knowledge about providing care for residents. Working there also increased my desire to be a nurse.
Not what it seems
nursing department (Former Employee), Kingston of VermilionSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: some nice staff
Cons: not a supportive enviroment
Politics, politics, politics! Do not practice what they preach. Not much of a support system. Must be one of the "popular people" to make it.
Poor mngmt and communication
Lpn (Former Employee), VermilionAugust 27, 2014
Always short staffed, mngmt reluctant to help on floor, do not follow their culture they teach
Great environment and great management.
Cook (Current Employee), Perrysburg, OHJuly 17, 2014
Pros: great company, great benefits!
Cons: there are none really.
This is a great place to work because, we have great residents and management really cares about you and your opinion. They treat you with respect and you get incentives from them to show that they appreciate you. It's a wonderful place and I enjoy everyday of work.
Team oriented
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Toledo, OHApril 6, 2014
Great place to work, everyday you do rounds with the shift before you getting information on the patients. You start getting your patients up, the hardest part of the job is making sure you have all the patients up before therapy, and the enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the patients.
A great place to work.
dietary (Current Employee), Perrysburg, OhMarch 14, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: getting attached to residents, then when they pass it's hard
I love my job and the people I work with. Not only do we get paid to do our job they also give little incentitves. It's like a big family here everyone cares.
Massive turnover-Poor Management-Compromised "values". Profit Over People.
Finance Manager (Former Employee), AshlandOctober 29, 2013
Pros: they have good pay if you can stand the environment and double standards
Cons: management, environment, constant fear of blame, resident account management-preferential treatment
Involved in patient accounts. Received little training due to management too busy trying to advance their own job up to next level. Was asked to quietly give preferential treatment to "VIP" patient accounts and overlook company financial policies for those "special" people...i.e. those higher profile elite community members or the family members of – more... high profile community members in the Ashland facility. I was let go on a Monday after having a glowing review on the Friday prior because I refused to break company policy (as well as State Regulations) without having the names of those patients who they were asking to be treated differently and above their own policies in writing. (Never had a single write up or derogatory comment on my performance prior to that at this job or any other job.) I guess when I said "I treat ALL people the same, regardless of how much money/assets they have and what insurance plan the have or not" was unacceptable to the crooks running that facility.
When I was hired half the staff was new due to constant turnover. Nursing staff did all they could and were caring but seemed to struggle with being overworked and severely understaffed as well as unappreciated.
Many great employees, but there is an internal air of pass the buck and blame whoever you can to keep any heat from problems off of you. No accountability from management.
Doing extra and staying over gets you no where with this company.
Working hard and doing your job is not at all acknowledged or appreciated. Make them $ hand over fist or you will not fit in. Profit is definitely placed in priority over People. Residents and employees alike.
Must be willig to compromise your values and integrity to work here. – less
Run!!
Nurse (Current Employee), AshlandOctober 5, 2013
Pros: 12 hour shifts
Cons: short staffed, no help from management when needed
Caring for residents is high priority. It's too bad that management is so worried about their budget instead of the care that their residents receive. Facility should staff according to acuity instead of the number of heads in a bed because nurses aren't able to give the appropriate care necessary. It's a good thing that team work among nurses is there – more... since most clinical directors are "too busy" to help when needed. This used to be a decent place to work but has gone downhill considerably since corporate has sent in their cronies to "straighten things out". Has gotten far worse. If you don't desperately need a job, look elsewhere. – less
Great team work, always short staffed.
STNA (Former Employee), Perrysburg, OHSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: working with such great girls that stayed
Cons: bad turn over rate
It was like a family there. I loved working there, I was so close to all of my co workers and the residents. A typical day at work was full of team work and positivity. Unfortunately, management wasn't the best there. They had a lot of turn over and that caused for bad moral at times. The hardest part would definitely be the short staffing. The staff – more... did our best to work together and make each day enjoyable but some days, it got the best of all of us. The absolute most enjoyable part of my job at kingston was working in the alzheimers ward. – less
Fun workplace that provides lots of support
LPN (Current Employee), Sylvania, OhioMarch 8, 2013
I have worked at Kingston HealthCare for over 5 years. The company truly believes in its mission and approach that the employee is their most important asset.

I have the materials I need to get my job done and I enjoy the residents and their families.

If you want a career in healthcare - this is a great company.
Caring Staff
support staff (Current Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 19, 2013
I have worked for Kingston for just over 1 year and have found the staff to be very caring and respectful. The STNAs have a very challenging job to do every day and they all do it with such a great attitude. Providing quality care to our residents in a respectful manner is clearly the top priority at Kingston.
Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee), ToledoFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: wonderful staff, very caring.
I have worked for Kingston for many years. They believe that their employees are their most important asset and treat them that way. They have always supported me and helped me to meet the needs of my family's schedule. It is a wonderful, supportive group of people. The company believes in helping people to utilize their strengths everyday.
dayshift on the unit i trained on did not bathe or give pts a.m. care just woke pts up and dressed the pts.
stna (Former Employee), Sylvania, OhioOctober 14, 2012
Pros: pay was high for the geographic area
Cons: poor neglectful care poor staff attitudes
I was appalled at the unprofessional and poor neglectful care given at the Sylvania Ohio facilty. Thier were many staff members that should be fired and have their licenses revoked due to neglect as u can't just not bathe pts and give no hygenic am care I reported this to mgmt as I was a new employee and they did nothing I was fed up and quit after – more... only two weeks I couldn't be a part of a team that neglects their pts care needs I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy no human being should be cared for in the way the stna s I worked with at Kingston cared for their pts. – less
New Managment
STNA (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHAugust 27, 2012
I worked as an STNA here. Very busy and stressful but good quality care was provided. Used to be called, Crystal Manor, before Kingston took over.
A very nice place to work for,
RA (Former Employee), Sylvania, OHJanuary 27, 2012
Pros: wonderful people
Cons: odd shifts
The work is hard, but it is a great way to get started in the medical field.