KINGSTON HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews

The BEST work environment!
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHMarch 6, 2017
Kingston was recently voted as having the Best Work Environment in Northwest Ohio, but I believe this to be true for all of the locations in which Kingston operates. The pay, benefits and job-training are top notch. It's incredible how Kingston realizes that by taking care of their employees, we will be happier overall and take better care of our residents!
Pros
Flexibility, beautiful facilities, community involvement
Cons
Can't control patient census
A wonderful working environment.
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 2, 2017
Kingston HealthCare is different from other employers (from my experience). It's a place where your entire department says things like "tell me how I can support YOU", and a work environment that doesn't just say they'll have fun, they ACTUALLY have fun!

The most significant & important part of this culture is that Kingston has a mission statement and truly lives up to it. From the CEO to the receptionist at one of our facilities, everyone believes in our mission and lives it every day.

I have only been with Kingston for a few months and to this point I can honestly say it's the best career decision I've made in years.
Pros
Great culture, friendly people
A Great Team Spirit!
RN (Registered Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHFebruary 28, 2017
I have worked at Kingston of Miamisburg for just over three years now and the experience has been wonderful. Teamwork is contagious around here and it shows in the care that the residents receive every day. Opinions are respected and if there is a dilemma to be solved, everyone feels a part of the team and contributes to the solution. Everyone’s voice is heard at KOM. We are very much like a family here. Everyone in management works hard to make sure all shifts know they are equally important to making the facility a great place to come whether as an employee or a patient. They make us feel like we are all an important part of the team that is Kingston of Miamisburg.
Wonderful place to work!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHFebruary 28, 2017
Everyone has been very welcoming and supportive. The healthcare benefits are great. Lots of overall support from staff, everyone pitches in and helps when needed. Great place to work!
Pros
great insurance benefits
Cons
none so far
Best Workplace Environment in Toledo!
HR Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 27, 2017
Kingston was just voted "Best Workplace Environment" by the Toledo City Paper and it is absolutely true. I have worked for a couple of other big name players in the Toledo area and Kingston's environment is absolutely the best. I worked and helped many people at the corporate office as well as each of the facilities and each person treated you with respect, and made you feel valuable. I am coming up on my 1 year, but I have never dreaded or not wanted to come to work any day. Kingston really tries to strive to provide excellent customer service and have employee satisfaction.
Pros
Environment/Culture, Helping People
Cons
Absolutely None
Employee rating
RN- Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 18, 2017
Kingston is a great place to work. The employees treat the individuals they serve with respect and love. The facility is clean and everyone greets you with a smile.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
12 hour shifts
Great Place to work
STNA (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHDecember 13, 2016
I have been there for 2 years and it is the longest place I have ever worked at. Kingston is clean and diverse environment for patients and employees.
Great Place to work!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHDecember 7, 2016
Kingston is an awesome place to work. They make all their new employees feel so welcomed and provide excellent training. There is plenty of opportunity to grow and move up within the company. Kingston truly cares for their employees and makes such a fun/ inviting place to work. The best part about working at Kingston is the residents and their families. Great place to work!
Nurse RN (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 6, 2016
Wonderful place for your nursing and management career. Great opportunity to use a variety of nursing skills and build technology skills in healthcare
Training
Direct Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 30, 2016
I was training here for CNA and it overall was a good experience the people was polite and the training wasn't hard. What made my day is the elderly people.
Customer service oriented and dynamic
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vermilion, OHNovember 23, 2016
Company that is willing to invest in outstanding candidates to work in a roll where you provide excellent customer service to clientele and co-workers.
Pros
Flexible
Great place to work - Unique, caring culture for employees
Central Billing Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 16, 2016
Kingston's genuine care philosophy for both our residents and employees is practiced every day. Management asks and listens to suggestions, ideas and comments. Work/life balance is encouraged and although there is a lot to accomplish at any given time, co-workers are active team members who step up and pull their weight in projects, tasks, etc.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, team work
Cons
Nothing out of the ordinary
Rewarding
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHNovember 15, 2016
Great team work from the front line staff all the way through the management team! Every staff member is set up for success- and the amount of support provided is outstanding! I have never had a job that I look forward to going to everyday, especially one with such a great Mission statement. The only regret I have is that I didn't join this amazing team sooner!
Kingston Rocks!!!
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHNovember 11, 2016
I have worked for Kingston for 12 years. My employers there have provided me with the experience and resources to do what I love: taking wonderful care of people going through a difficult time in their lives. Kingston encourages its employees to always do the right thing and provides a safe, fun and inclusive workplace.
Pros
Focus on the Kingston mission and approach, making work fun!
Great Culture
Nursing Management (Current Employee) –  Vermilion, OHNovember 11, 2016
Working at Kingston is very rewarding. I enjoy being able to work with such a dynamic nursing team. Nursing can be stressful but our team works together to get through the toughest of times. Kingston gives me the ability to learn and grow within the company. From the top on down everyone cares about you personally and professionally. It is very refreshing to work in an environment like this.
Pros
Kingston Approach, Flexibility, teamwork
Home office (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 9, 2016
I worked for Kingston for just about 3 years. I loved working for this company. I felt like I was truly cared about & appreciated as an employee, and felt good knowing that I worked for a company that had great values. Kingston has a great mission statement that they live by as well. I met great friends and enjoyed coming to work every day. Finding a place like Kingston is hard to come by these days.

I had to leave because I needed tuition benefits to finish my degree otherwise I would have stayed there forever.
Pros
A company that truly makes patients & employees feel like family
Cons
No tuition benefits
Kingston is the place to be!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 9, 2016
Kingston lives and breathes a culture of support for its employees and passion for caring for our residents. It starts with the President and carries throughout the organization. Kingston makes me feel valued and that positively impacts how we care for our residents and patients.
My dream job
Administration (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 2, 2016
I have worked for Kingston for over 10 years. Working for this great company does not seem like work, even though we all work hard. My co-workers are caring people, committed to providing quality care, with integrity and respect. The mission and approach is lived out on a daily basis, and the leadership sets the example. At Kingston, I feel like I can truly make a difference to help others and feel proud of the company I work for.
Pros
Integrity, quality care, environment, teamwork
Mission driven employee centered work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 1, 2016
Kingston is a company with true commitment to its Mission and Approach. From day one you will experience their focus on employee safety, mission and approach as well as customer service. All locations are well cared for and employees have the materials, tools and equipment to meet the expectations of their role.

Feedback from employees is encouraged and process improvement plans are always in motion. If you want to make a difference in healthcare, this is the company that will support you in making a difference. The hardest part of the job is the pace as the buildings are very busy. The most enjoyable part of the job will be your co-workers and the residents you serve.
Pros
Great benefits and compensation
Cons
very busy buildings
Rewarding job and really nice people
Patient Service/ Care (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHOctober 31, 2016
The company talks a lot about genuine care- and they actually do it!
Patients come in because something bad has happened in their life- they don't want to be here. But by the time they are ready to leave--- they don't want to! That is why we work in this industry. I know my coworkers genuinely care about their patients- and each other.
Pros
Atmosphere, benefits, reputation
Cons
for me long commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KINGSTON HEALTHCARE. Our community is ready to answer.