Kingston Technology Company Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Productive and Supportive Environment for Employees
Level II Telephone Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJuly 6, 2015
I provided customer support to people needing assistance with installation of memory modules, sd cards, usb sticks. I supported anyone from IT professionals to the average home user over the phone.

I gained a knowledge of memory modules and how they work. The people I worked with were great. The hardest part was the commute to work.
Pros
Excellent Salary and bonuses
Cons
A bit of a commute
Productive, worthy, with good potential promotion
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJune 25, 2013
A regular day start at 3:00 PM and end at 11:30

The first step before starting to work is to process the paper work to transfer from the previous shift including balances of the line, machine condition inspection and set up, as well as any precaution need the attention. Then I continue to run the line, feed the material, parts to the feeder.

Periodically inspect the memory modules( on line inspection) to minimize rejection and make sure the machines run smoothly or prevent any possible damage due to unexpected errors.
Modify the program if needed.

The hardest part is have to focus on the machine operation at all time while still need to collect sample data periodically.

The most enjoyable part is when I solve technical problem on line or during set up.
Pros
organized, systemized work environment, good benefit
Cons
busy with work load, easy to get stress
High turnover for the accounts receivable for Latin America
AR latin america (Former Employee) –  fountain valley, caMarch 26, 2013
I worked in the accounting department in accounts receivable for Latin America. They have a high turnover rate because they treat people as disposable individuals. They consider themselves above every one, and if you do not meet all "extremely" high expectations to their great team you are cut of the team.

on my first day on the job, the other employees told me about the race discrimination against everyone who is not asian. Please consider carefully if you really want to work in this department.
Pros
company as good reputation
Cons
high turnover and race discrimination
Owners are wonderful. Managers do not follow the example of the owners.
Former National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAOctober 14, 2013
Having been a long time employee of Kingston Technology I experienced some very good times, but also some not good times.
Pros
owners are wonderful.
Cons
privately owned, speaks for itself. don't expect hr to be on your side.