Kingwood Medical Center Employee Reviews

Employee
Emergency Room Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXDecember 15, 2016
Negative Experience, Poor Management, Unsafe Nursing Culture.
Administration only care about the bottom dollar. Unsafe work
environment, unsafe environment for patients
poor working conditions
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2016
mostly understaffed and poor working conditions. management not very good. nurses satisfaction very low. environment sometimes dangerous for nurses to work.
Pros
availability of resources.
Cons
understaffed, poor management
Challenging
Registered Nurse, Telemetry Medical-Surgical Nurse (Former Employee) –  KINGWOOD, TXApril 8, 2015
Assigned 6 patients on a telemetry medical surgical unit. Distributed medications, charted: physical assessments, isolation precautions, foley assessments, and plan of care, updated physicians on patient changes (positive or negative),processed physician orders, updated white boards in patient rooms with patient information regarding plan of care goals, provided pain medications on a scheduled basis even though ordered prn, per the desire of the unit's director and management. Processed admit and discharge assessment and paperwork. Most enjoyable part of the position was working with an incredible team of rn's, tech's and physicians. My nursing skills improved over the year and I became a more competent nurse.
Pros
GREAT TEAM OF NURSES
Cons
PATIENT TO NURSE RATIO TOO HIGH
A typical day at work
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJanuary 4, 2013
A new assignment every day. I work 12hr shifts/primarily a weekender, therefore float where needed during the week. I work 36 hrs wk 1, then 44 hrs wk 2. On the weekend, there are 2 of us, covering the hospital, we are spread very thin, reviewing all cases from day prior. There is not much time to allow for discharge planning, which is stressful to staff as well as the case managers working. During the week, an assignment is given, and then pick up any undone work from the 8hr/day case managers, as time allows.
Pros
great coworkers!
Cons
management
Questionable work environment
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXAugust 20, 2013
Working in the laboratory was productive and at times very educating and fun. The lack of communication between co-workers made the job very difficult at times and the lack of support and communication among management turned out to be downright detrimental. The best part was learning and knowing that at the end of the day your job was helping people get better.
Pros
the feeling you get knowing your job is important
Cons
lack of communication and understanding with management
Great Enviroment
CNA/Critical Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rehab CenterJune 25, 2015
Love working here! Diverse and friendly people work here. Caring an professional mostly. Management was nice but reliable for any work situation. The best hospital I've worked in.
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse- Post Anesthesia Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJuly 22, 2013
I have thoroughly enjoyed working at Kingwood Medical Center for the past four years. I have grown tremendously as a nurse in this time span. I am now ready to embark on a new career as a nurse practitioner. I have formed lifelong relationships at my current job, and will be sad to leave my work family.
A good working enviroment
Pharmacy Technician changes here (Current Employee) –  Kingwood TXOctober 22, 2015
I have an awesome boss and great co-workers. My typical day at work is ensure the quality of the patients as well as the staff.
Productive place to work- very busy and often filled to the max.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMay 21, 2013
Very busy unit-- new management changes frequently and staff turn- over large during my 7 year tenure.I loved my co -workers and the twelve hrs shifts. Short work week and time for family.
Pros
12 HRS SHIFTS
Cons
TOO MUCH TURN- OVER .
Product, fast paced environment
Employee ER (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Great people, staff is wonderful. You will learn alot, gain new skills. No room for growth however. Long hours, most of it is spent on your feet. Parking is limited, very few breaks.
Pros
Great staff!
Cons
low pay
Great Company
Director of Human Resources, Mediator (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXFebruary 19, 2014
HCA - KWMC is a great company to work for, solid leadership, great benefits.
Better take your COW with you wherever you go.
RN (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXNovember 13, 2012
COWs, computer on wheels. Meds were scanned with computers, patient armbands scanned . Clinical Suites making charting assessments and ordering lab easy just took some getting used to. Very busy place to work with high acuity and some nights were spent just trying to keep one patient stable. ICU was available to transfer if stability not obtained. My unit constantly changing with several of the rooms IMU with eagle monitors. Learned alot about emergency drugs, alot of inservices on drugs and equipment.
Pros
always seeking to make improvements.
Cons
high acuity, high stress
Med North
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXSeptember 14, 2012
I love the people i work with they are very helpful. I start my day off by going room to room and getting vitals, fresh water, linens or what ever it is that the patient would like. After I am done with all that, I will assist those that still need assistance. Over the night i change sharp containers, answer call lights, and fill gloves. If any patient needs assistance i will answer their call light.
fun place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJuly 5, 2015
Part time weekends drawing blood from various different patients at various different times. entering all samples into the computer to be processed.
Pros
nice staff parties
Great place to build services
Cardiovascular Service Line (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXDecember 30, 2014
Outstanding leadership with CEO. Full support for new services-Impella with CV services growth, new business for Apheresis. Responsible for NP's. Loved rounding with patients, learned that much opportunity to grow business north of Kingwood is available.
Had fun doing my job!
Pros
Work with a great team!
Cons
long commute
Postive Work environment
IMU and Cath Lab Staff RN, Adults (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXSeptember 19, 2012
Wonderful people with great attitudes and love for patient care work for HCA, Kingwood Medical Center. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people and giving complete care to each of my patients equally. I love being able to recover patients after their procedures and sending them back home to their families.
Woundful place to work
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJanuary 23, 2014
A typical work day checking in the truck. For the day makindg sure that. Everthing that we order is their.Putting the ordewr in the rigth place in a timer mander. Helping place the oder for the next truck Labe dateing itme roatatein gitmes as well. then filling floor stcok oders arounf the hospial. Then clean up go hom,e for the day.
interesting
Unit Secretary/CNA (Former Employee) –  Kingwood,TXMay 5, 2015
with the cut backs is very hard to work here. The employees are over worked with very little paid!! which makes hard to take care of the patients correctly!!
Nurse Intern
RN Cardiac/Telemetry Floor (Former Employee) –  kingwood, TXDecember 22, 2014
I was interning here as my first nursing job, with another intern with had one nurse between the both of us, so it was interesting! I know that I learned a lot though.
Needs improvment
B/P, P, R, O2 and Temp (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXSeptember 3, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help the patients, the hardest part is how the unit doesn't work together.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kingwood Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9