Kingwood Medical Center Employee Reviews

terrible place to work
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXDecember 12, 2017
would not go there if my life depended on it ever, terrible turn over with nursing staff. the business only exists to put money in share holders pockets.
fast paced er
Staff ED RN (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXNovember 13, 2017
not a bad palce to work , but they are short staffed. they try to hire but houston market is competitive. this is good for salary but it can be bad for peoiple leaving to go elsewhere
Great supportive coworkers
LVN Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXOctober 4, 2017
Good support system. Team leaders and coaches available for support and encouragement. Room for growth in leadership. Great employee tuition reimbursement and encouragement for advancement in career.
Worked for very short period of time
Surgical Assistant-Certified (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2017
I got chance to assist in surgeries. I really liked the hospital and every thing I experienced during that short period. I would definitely like to work again in future.
Pros
fast pase, lots of opportunity to learn
Cons
I spend very less time at Kingwood medical center
Only worked there for a short period of time
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXSeptember 3, 2017
A worked here for a short period of time while in nursing school. They hired me as a patient care technician based on my experience in my first semester of nursing school.
Career opportunities
Nursing Director (Current Employee) –  Medical TelemetryAugust 17, 2017
Excellent administration, I receive a lot of support from my supervisor. Opportunities for advancement. There are a lot of last minute requests but keeps you on your toes. Director team cooperates and works well together. Administration allow directors to take the lead on projects. Nursing staff on my unit is outstanding. They care about each other and their patients. Their dedication shows in their work. I am proud to say they allow me to be their leader. I could not ask for better staff. They keep me on my toes with their questions. They always want to do what is right and ethical. Great place to work.
Pros
My nursing staff
Cons
When my staff advance and leave to other units
Great Managment, Good Compensation Work Load balance
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJuly 30, 2017
Great place to work for stability, flexibility in schedules, compensated well for type of work required. Work environment very professional, you will on occasion have to deal with disgruntled patients.
Patient satisfaction
COTA/L PRN (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJuly 12, 2017
What i have learned the most is that team work and supports promotes optimal service/patient care. the most enjoyable part of the job is patient success.
Pros
free lunch, benefits
Cons
can be stressful at time/ the computer system
Fun and fast paced
Registered Nurse in the Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  PEDIATRIC EMERGENCY ROOMJuly 6, 2017
As an er nurse, I work in pediatric and adult er. I enjoy the fast pace and hours available to work. The adult side of the er is very chaotic and we do tend to hold patients more than we would like to due to either poor staffing on the units or no available rooms; however, I really enjoy my job.
Lack of organization
Med/Surg RN (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJune 14, 2017
typical day would include receiving assignments 5-6pts, we were usually short staffed without enough pca's for pt load. Management was poor and often not positve. Pt reviews were low due to lack of staff and needs being met in a timely manner. The staff was for the most part unfriendly and there was no teamwork.
Cons
no team work
A very, very busy place to work
staff tech (Current Employee) –  ctJune 8, 2017
This is a very busy place and not enough techs! You have to transport a lot of pts and you have transport but they can't get all your pts as it they are transported for 4 other depts!
Pros
The other employees are great!
Cons
You never get a break!
Great hospital
Assist dietician (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMay 14, 2017
Kingwood Medical Center is a fantastic place to work. The hospital is well managed, clean, and has only been growing in a conservative manner since I worked there. I would highly recommend anyone working there.
enjoyed working with this team
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXApril 26, 2017
the job is a very well staffed company the managers are always there when one is needed, the company have a lot of goodies and rewards for their employers they make u feel appreciated to be with the company.
Great place to be
Vice President of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXApril 23, 2017
Solid clinical and administrative management group. Many happy and satisfied patients and employees work together to make a difference in the quality of everyones lives.
It was a fun productive , busy place.
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXApril 22, 2017
I enjoyed working with the people at Kingwood Medical Center. The most enjoyable part of my day was making sure everyone work day went smooth. My typical work day. As soon as I step foot on that floor it was crazy busy. But I like it busy.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
You can't make it everyone happy.
High turnover
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXApril 19, 2017
Good staff is hard to keep. Overall the culture of the nurses is awesome. But lack management support, constantly work short and numbers are all that matter to management. Too many new nurses and not enough knowledgeable staff to aid and assist them.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, able to pick up OT easily, teamwork
Cons
Staffing shortage
LOVE my coworkers
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXApril 4, 2017
Working at Kingwood as open my eyes and help me sharpen my skills i just wish that their was more opportunities to advance and to gain more skills to move up.
Pros
easy conmute
Cons
hard to advance
Interesting place to work
Phlebotomist/Processing Tech (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMarch 7, 2017
They where not very organize far as the staffing. And the management was not very helpful at times. I never felt like it was any true job security there.
Very productive workplace
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMarch 6, 2017
Has a very high turn over rate. Which was not good considering it was a hospital. Managers had a hard time employing enough employees to get the job done efficiently. Got to experience all types of different areas. Including ICU, IMU, ER, PEDI, L&D.
Pros
Work Schedule was very flexible
Cons
High Turn over rate
Did Not like it
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 24, 2017
at first the job was fine but as time went on and i saw that i wouldnt be allowed to stay on even though the position i was on would become full time and i had put a years worth of work into it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kingwood Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Kingwood Medical Center Reviews by Location