Kingwood Medical Center

Kingwood Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

Product, fast paced environment
Employee ER (Current Employee), Kingwood, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great staff!
Cons: low pay
Great people, staff is wonderful. You will learn alot, gain new skills. No room for growth however. Long hours, most of it is spent on your feet. Parking is limited, very few breaks.
Great place to build services
Cardiovascular Service Line (Former Employee), Kingwood, TXDecember 30, 2014
Pros: work with a great team!
Cons: long commute
Outstanding leadership with CEO. Full support for new services-Impella with CV services growth, new business for Apheresis. Responsible for NP's. Loved rounding with patients, learned that much opportunity to grow business north of Kingwood is available.
Had fun doing my job!
Nurse Intern
RN Cardiac/Telemetry Floor (Former Employee), kingwood, TXDecember 22, 2014
I was interning here as my first nursing job, with another intern with had one nurse between the both of us, so it was interesting! I know that I learned a lot though.
Good co workers
ECHOCARDIOGRAM TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 10, 2014
I enjoy helping patients and to see a smile on their faces. Good co workers to work with
coworkers not friendly
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Kingwood, TXJuly 11, 2014
people I worked with in the night shift were not welcoming to talk.
career enhancement
Senior Phlebotomist (Former Employee), houston, txJuly 10, 2014
very good Innovative; initiate and implement singular solutions to successfully improve company
efficiency and patient satisfaction.
any to work for.
Great Company
Director of Human Resources, Mediator (Current Employee), Kingwood, TXFebruary 19, 2014
HCA - KWMC is a great company to work for, solid leadership, great benefits.
Woundful place to work
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee), Kingwood, TXJanuary 23, 2014
A typical work day checking in the truck. For the day makindg sure that. Everthing that we order is their.Putting the ordewr in the rigth place in a timer mander. Helping place the oder for the next truck Labe dateing itme roatatein gitmes as well. then filling floor stcok oders arounf the hospial. Then clean up go hom,e for the day.
Needs improvment
B/P, P, R, O2 and Temp (Current Employee), Kingwood, TXSeptember 3, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help the patients, the hardest part is how the unit doesn't work together.
good place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Kingwood, TXAugust 29, 2013
Pros: free turkeys
Cons: great team work
Hours were great but director over the lab was not fair and didn't have good communication skills
Questionable work environment
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Kingwood, TXAugust 20, 2013
Pros: the feeling you get knowing your job is important
Cons: lack of communication and understanding with management
Working in the laboratory was productive and at times very educating and fun. The lack of communication between co-workers made the job very difficult at times and the lack of support and communication among management turned out to be downright detrimental. The best part was learning and knowing that at the end of the day your job was helping people get better.
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse- Post Anesthesia Care Unit (Current Employee), Kingwood, TXJuly 22, 2013
I have thoroughly enjoyed working at Kingwood Medical Center for the past four years. I have grown tremendously as a nurse in this time span. I am now ready to embark on a new career as a nurse practitioner. I have formed lifelong relationships at my current job, and will be sad to leave my work family.
PRODUCTIVE PLACE TO WORK- VERY BUSY AND OFTEN FILLED TO THE MAX.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Kingwood, TXMay 21, 2013
Pros: 12 hrs shifts
Cons: too much turn- over .
VERY BUSY UNIT-- NEW MANAGEMENT CHANGES FREQUENTLY AND STAFF TURN- OVER LARGE DURING MY 7 YEAR TENURE.I LOVED MY CO -WORKERS AND THE TWELVE HRS SHIFTS. SHORT WORK WEEK AND TIME FOR FAMILY.
A typical day at work
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), Kingwood, TXJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: great coworkers!
Cons: management
A new assignment every day. I work 12hr shifts/primarily a weekender, therefore float where needed during the week. I work 36 hrs wk 1, then 44 hrs wk 2. On the weekend, there are 2 of us, covering the hospital, we are spread very thin, reviewing all cases from day prior. There is not much time to allow for discharge planning, which is stressful to staff as well as the case managers working. During the week, an assignment is given, and then pick up any undone work from the 8hr/day case managers, as time allows.
Better take your COW with you wherever you go.
RN (Former Employee), Kingwood, TXNovember 13, 2012
Pros: always seeking to make improvements.
Cons: high acuity, high stress
COWs, computer on wheels. Meds were scanned with computers, patient armbands scanned . Clinical Suites making charting assessments and ordering lab easy just took some getting used to. Very busy place to work with high acuity and some nights were spent just trying to keep one patient stable. ICU was available to transfer if stability not obtained. My unit constantly changing with several of the rooms IMU with eagle monitors. Learned alot about emergency drugs, alot of inservices on drugs and equipment.
Postive Work environment
IMU and Cath Lab Staff RN, Adults (Current Employee), Kingwood, TXSeptember 19, 2012
Wonderful people with great attitudes and love for patient care work for HCA, Kingwood Medical Center. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people and giving complete care to each of my patients equally. I love being able to recover patients after their procedures and sending them back home to their families.
Med North
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee), Kingwood, TXSeptember 14, 2012
I love the people i work with they are very helpful. I start my day off by going room to room and getting vitals, fresh water, linens or what ever it is that the patient would like. After I am done with all that, I will assist those that still need assistance. Over the night i change sharp containers, answer call lights, and fill gloves. If any patient needs assistance i will answer their call light.
Fun place to work
Phlebotomist/ Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Kingwood, TXMarch 9, 2012
I have worked here for 2 years and really enjoyed it. Positive place to work! I have learned a lot

About Kingwood Medical Center

JPMorgan Chase was born with a silver spoon in its mouth but that hasn'tĀ stopped it from wanting more. With more than $2 trillion – Read more