KINGWOOD PINES HOSPITAL

KINGWOOD PINES HOSPITAL United States Employee Reviews

Kingwood Hospital I enjoyed as well. We all came together and had different assignments. I loved it.
Insurane Medica lBiling and Coding (Former Employee), Kingwood, TXJuly 5, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: dealing with customers that were extemely rude
A typical day at Airport express was good. It wasn't to demanding at all. Paperwork, Customer Service and selling tickets. I enjoyed what I did for the company.
Worst job I have ever had
Nurse (Former Employee), Kingwood, TXJune 26, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: to many to list
The pay is the lowest I have every had, chronically understaffed and over worked. Someone files "safe harbor" at least once a week. They will make you do M.A.R. reconciliation on up to 38 patients in the evening, as well as give the patient's their medications, do q15 minute rounds and chart. Yes you can get overtime, but at what a price. If you value your hard earned license, it's not worth it.
The management is incompetent, all they care about is the bottom line - money, and they do anything to cut corners.
The place is filthy; they run around like crazy trying to clean up the mess prior to a JACHO inspection.
They have an orientation class monthly of about 30 new hires, but most candidates don't stay past their first or second shift.
I could write a novel, but it has all been put in other posts, which are true.
Bottom line - working here is a decision, you will regret.
Stay away if you want any kind of job security
nurse (Current Employee), kingwood, txFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: lots of hours if needed
Cons: low pay, high stress, bad management
This job is unsafe plain and simple!! UHS owns kingwood pines and have since cut so many corners to turn a profit it has made working conditions horrible. Way too many patients not enough staff.
- Eating a cafeteria meal without paying the three dollars gets you fired on the spot. ( they throw unused food away at the end of the day and certain people get meals given to them while others have to pay. seems legit)
- Turned off drink machines after dinner so night shift employees cannot drink or get caffeine. ( supposedly cut off for using too many cups)
- Required by the state to take mandatory 30 min break. ( often not allowed to take these breaks therefore you get written up)
- Every move you make in the hospital is scrutinized by the hundreds of cameras in the facility. ( quality is so bad on the cameras they will mistake you looking in your pocket as using your cell phone which will get you fired)
- Two shifts for nurses three for technicians they will call you constantly on your day off to come in because they cant get people to work. (gets annoying really quick getting a call at 6am to come because they desperately need you when you just got off at midnight every single day off)
- Normal day of work has one technician to watch 5-14 patients slip up trying to keep track of that many people and you will be fired. 14 patients and up should have more staff according to their regulations well good luck because most of the time they cant get anyone to come in so 1 tech to 14 or more patients is asking for trouble or being fired with the quickness.
- When the state comes in to – more... do inspections you better believe every unit has three or more staff members over the norm. ( hmmm doesnt seem shady at all)
- The state will come in and randomly select employees to question. you better believe management will be present during these questions ( say the wrong thing and you will be fired. Coersion? i think yes)
- Cameras in the facility only "work" when it benefits the company. get hurt or injured or something stolen from another employee the cameras werent working that day. miss a round or talk on your cell phone you will instantly be hit up by management as to why.
- Its a psych facility so you are dealing with mentally unstable patients. They will complain for no reason and you will be written up or fired for that reason.
- patients will hit you, bite you, touch you inappropriately. Place your hands on them in the wrong manner defending yourself you will be fired.
- LVN nurses often required to work two units at one time and on top of the that they are required to complete tech duties as well because the will flex staff members daily.

OVERALL: This is a stressful job as is, add on that the stress of always worrying if you will be fired for whatever rule they want to enforce that day or if you will flexed off because they wanna save some money. If you are a nurse you will have your license on the line every single day at a place that makes it very very easy to lose that license. If you are a technician you are expendable and easily replaceable.

Proceed with caution there is a reason why 8 nurses, 4 technicians, 2 therapist, and the director of therapy all quit within the last month – less
helpful to clients
Admissions Nurse (Former Employee), Kingwood, TXAugust 9, 2013
Pros: parking close to facility
Cons: often no time for complete lunch breaks & not enough staff
nice working atmosphere sometimes overwhelming with patient to staff ratio.
Can be dangerous environment with reduction in number of psych techs on duty.
Typical work day would be to walk in and start doing assessments on waiting patients &,telephone assessments .Once criteria was established, the admission process was started.
The hardest part of the job was maintaining a professional working relationship with the doctors who often were disrespectful to the nurses: especially if the nurses were following policies & procedures of the facility . The most enjoyable part was seeing the progress patients made at the end of a stay.
Runs a very high patient census, which allows employees to work as many hours as they would like.
Human Resources Director (Former Employee), Kingwood, TXJune 22, 2013
Pros: large corporation so there is room for advancement
Cons: staffing levels are unsafe
Work was very rewarding. I enjoyed working with the employees and assisting them in their every day challenges. I enjoyed rewarding excellence. The culture was changing with a new CEO. This was his first CEO position and there was a huge learning curve. The hardest part of the job was identifying problems and employee issues that were not addressed.
A wonderful place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Kingwood, TXFebruary 6, 2013
My experience working at Kingwood Pines Hospital was wonderful. I enjoyed the entire staff. Especially the Pharmacy staff that I worked under. They taught me a lot and for that I am thankful.
Fast-paced work environent with diversity of patient needs and treatment
Lead Child Therapist (Current Employee), Kingwood, TXJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: never a dull day
Cons: way too busy, not enough time to gt things done
I manage the children's unit. I perform all the intake assessments for incoming children, schedule and run all family therapies, group therapies, individual therapies and case management for the children.

I have learned a great deal about working alongside insurance companies and CPS in finding children foster homes/residential treatment centers and overall outpatient follow up care.

My coworkers include other therapists managing other units in the hospital, utilization review staff, RN/LVN, mental health technicians, and clinical/medical directors.
Good place to work.
Mental Health Tech (Current Employee), Kingwood, TXFebruary 29, 2012
Excellent place to work. Must stay current with best practices for mental health and substance abuse disorders.