Pros: lots of hours if needed
Cons: low pay, high stress, bad management
This job is unsafe plain and simple!! UHS owns kingwood pines and have since cut so many corners to turn a profit it has made working conditions horrible. Way too many patients not enough staff.
- Eating a cafeteria meal without paying the three dollars gets you fired on the spot. ( they throw unused food away at the end of the day and certain people get meals given to them while others have to pay. seems legit)
- Turned off drink machines after dinner so night shift employees cannot drink or get caffeine. ( supposedly cut off for using too many cups)
- Required by the state to take mandatory 30 min break. ( often not allowed to take these breaks therefore you get written up)
- Every move you make in the hospital is scrutinized by the hundreds of cameras in the facility. ( quality is so bad on the cameras they will mistake you looking in your pocket as using your cell phone which will get you fired)
- Two shifts for nurses three for technicians they will call you constantly on your day off to come in because they cant get people to work. (gets annoying really quick getting a call at 6am to come because they desperately need you when you just got off at midnight every single day off)
- Normal day of work has one technician to watch 5-14 patients slip up trying to keep track of that many people and you will be fired. 14 patients and up should have more staff according to their regulations well good luck because most of the time they cant get anyone to come in so 1 tech to 14 or more patients is asking for trouble or being fired with the quickness.
- When the state comes in to – more... do inspections you better believe every unit has three or more staff members over the norm. ( hmmm doesnt seem shady at all)
- The state will come in and randomly select employees to question. you better believe management will be present during these questions ( say the wrong thing and you will be fired. Coersion? i think yes)
- Cameras in the facility only "work" when it benefits the company. get hurt or injured or something stolen from another employee the cameras werent working that day. miss a round or talk on your cell phone you will instantly be hit up by management as to why.
- Its a psych facility so you are dealing with mentally unstable patients. They will complain for no reason and you will be written up or fired for that reason.
- patients will hit you, bite you, touch you inappropriately. Place your hands on them in the wrong manner defending yourself you will be fired.
- LVN nurses often required to work two units at one time and on top of the that they are required to complete tech duties as well because the will flex staff members daily.
OVERALL: This is a stressful job as is, add on that the stress of always worrying if you will be fired for whatever rule they want to enforce that day or if you will flexed off because they wanna save some money. If you are a nurse you will have your license on the line every single day at a place that makes it very very easy to lose that license. If you are a technician you are expendable and easily replaceable.
Proceed with caution there is a reason why 8 nurses, 4 technicians, 2 therapist, and the director of therapy all quit within the last month – less