Kinnser Software Employee Reviews

decent pay, but no one cares about you
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 10, 2017
Pay is decent but don't expect anyone above you to help you in any way as far as advancement or moving to another department or hiring additional team members to lighten the load. They will give you more work for no additional pay.
Terrible Managment - Don't waste your time
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 25, 2016
Kinnser used to be a great place to work but in the last six months or so, its taken a turn for the worse. New management has been brought in and the culture has completely shifted. The executives turned over the keys to the house to new management, and before these leaders took time to learn the business or get ramped up, have created an atmosphere of fear, intimidation and are habitually condescending to staff members. Now the executive team is trying to patch up the errors of their ways, but avoiding the real problem (the choices they made). With a record number of resignations and some layoffs, Kinnnser no longer has a core group that truly understands the product or industry. Forget about your professional development, Kinnser is now about pumping out as much code as it possibly can, its a high stress blame environment which is very unfortunate because it didn't use to be this way.
Pros
great people, fully stocked kitchens and catered food, nice office in south austin
Cons
executives and new management, lack of any goals other than to increase MRR, no professional development or growth opportunities
Great people - Terrible Leadership
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 15, 2016
The people you'll work with at Kinnser are great. You'll probably even like your boss. However, short of one C-level executive, the leadership is totally lacking. I had 5 direct bosses and 2 different VP's of sales in 2.5 years. The company really needs a 6, 12, 18 and 24 month plan to try and stabilize the ship. Also, hitting quota is the exception, not the rule.

Basically, it's a good/fun place to work. It's a small company with big-company problems. However, put in your 12-18 months and get out. You're wasting your career if you're there any longer than that.
Amazing Company Culture with FREE snacks!
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2016
Having really only worked for Corporate America, I came to Kinnser and instantly fell in love with the overall culture of the company and the people. You walk down the hall and everyone tells you hello. It's an open door policy.
I enjoy the work-life balance- Kinnser values this! They are generous with time-off even in your first year here.
The hardest part of the job is turning down all the FREE snacks and drinks in the kitchen.
Kinnser is a VERY diverse company- part of the reason why it's so friendly here.
One of Austin's Great Places to Work! Fun Job, Awesome People!
Director (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 8, 2016
Working at Kinnser is very rewarding! The people are friendly and work as a team, which makes coming to work easy. The atmosphere is laid back, but everyone works hard to get the job done and keep customers happy. Bonus: we are growing! Mainly because we have such great products, but also because leadership really gets the business, and knows how to drive success.
Pros
Free snacks, work/life balance, great benefits
Definitely love it here
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 7, 2016
I left Apple to join the employees of Kinnser and never looked back. I am regularly surprised by how much I genuinely like the people here and have made friendships with coworkers that I never expected. Employee growth is a big focus with Kinnser, with internal promotions and transfers happening regularly. Annual reviews are a must and they make sure to always stay competitive with regular market research on positions and local salaries. We have a really good time around the office and outside of it - with softball teams, ping pong tournaments, and happy hours. But unlike with so many startups, those are never mandatory. I never feel required to stay late at the office to have a beer with my boss if I want to go home and have dinner with my spouse.
Pros
Internal growth, competitive salaries, big focus on employee wellness
Cons
Need better ways for all departments to get access to all the perks equally
Kinnser--maybe the best kept secret in Austin
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 7, 2016
I've worked at Kinnser for more than five years, and I have professionally grown tremendously during my time here. Management has supported my growth through paying for classes, certifications, and conferences to improve my knowledge, and I've been able to take on challenging projects while receiving the support and guidance to succeed. The team here is comprised of genuinely nice people who seek to collaborate to ensure individuals' success and the company's success. I have confidence in the CEO (who also founded Kinnser and wrote the original software) and other leaders who guide this company's continued success. For me, working for a company whose goal is to ultimately allow nurses and caregivers to provide the best possible care for those in need by making the "paperwork" part of clinicians' and administrators' jobs simpler makes this job all the more rewarding. Kinnser has positively impacted the home health market across the U.S. for more than a decade and has more recently entered the hospice and private duty spaces. Kinnser is a company for which we are proud to work and one that is making a difference in the lives of our clients and their patients.
Pros
competent, accessible leaders, collaborative coworkers, pleasant work environment; just a good place to spend workdays
Cons
teams are spread across different floors of the building; Kinnser is not that well known in Austin
Kinnser is Definitely one of the top ten Mid-Size companies in Austin.
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 7, 2016
For my first full time job this company has definitely set a high standard for future opportunities. Both of the Managers I have been under have been fantastic. Most everyone is easy to talk to and get a long with. There is an open door policy so you can talk to anyone in upper management about the company and it's direction. There have been some rough patches but for the most part you can see that they are making changes to address them.
Pros
Support gets Free Breakfast every Friday, Free Snacks and coffee, Office Environment, PTO policy is he best around
Cons
I'm sure there are but I don't have any. Possibly upward mobility.
Best company I have worked for in over 20 years
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 7, 2016
Ping Pong table and tournaments, lots of lounging areas and Company functions, picnics, parties. Fantastic fun and smart group of people to work with. 3 miles from down town right by Zilker park. Food and snacks galore stocked in fridge and all kitchen cabinets. Great leaderships.
Lovin my new Kinnser Family!
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 7, 2016
The minute you walk into Kinnser you feel the vibe of a great company! I have worked for some of Austin's best of the best and culture is vital to whether or not I want to work there. I had zero hesitation!

The products we sell are actually making a difference...a positive impact to those using us. We are help shape healthcare and creating tools that impact the patients in a positive way. Not a lot of companies out there that can say that.

I love the people, the location and for once in a very long time I actually look forward to coming into the office.

Very blessed to be a Kinnserian!
Pros
Free snacks, matching 401k, Pto, Vto, benefits
Cons
not a lot of places to eat near by
Productive, fun place to work with ping pong table
Office Coordinator - Laid Off (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 19, 2013
They have a good location in south Austin, near Zilker park and downtown. I believe they are in the midst of relocating to the 5th floor of the building they are currently in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kinnser Software. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2