Kinze Manufacturing Employee Reviews in United States

Could be great, but falls short with ownership
Senior Technical Writer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAAugust 10, 2015
I really wanted to love this company. They have beautiful facilities and decent pay for their location. However, being located in a relatively remote location, if you aren't a local it is difficult to assimilate in their culture. Living close to the plant is difficult and there is high risk if you don't adapt to their methods quickly, you can be unemployed in an area with little to no employment opportunities. Management leads with an iron fist and there is no room for difference of opinions. Vast amounts of cash have been spent to build a very impressive office, manufacturing, training, and visitor center which is becoming more of monument to the owner than to sustainable business in the future. When the founder and owner is no longer in control of the business, it could be entirely possible the Vice-President (and daughter) will be unable to maintain profitablity and Kinze will either fold, or more likely be purchased by CNH, Agco, or another competitor. Bottom line is this is a high-risk company to relocate for. There is short-term potential, but do your homework first!
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Hours, local mentality, management
Good employer, would return if possible
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAApril 23, 2016
Kinze has very good training opportunities, knowledgeable co-workers, and generous ownership. The pay is second to none. I did not get bored at work because the jobs were challenging and had a lot of variety.
Pros
two paid breaks, chaplains available for both shifts
Cons
healthcare costs, industry volitility, lack of diversity in product line
Safe working environment & knowledgeable workers
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAFebruary 9, 2016
Start the day with a departmental meeting. Go over job functions for the day. Work closely with co-workers for job completion.
It was very fast paced at times. But in the end, It was very satisfying knowing that you and your co-workers worked well together and finished all task with a great feeling of accomplishment.
Productive and fun work place
Repair Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IADecember 28, 2015
A good tight work group with few workers that had to be assisted. A agriculture based back ground with up to date procedures to make top of the line ag equipment. Most times family oriented but leaning away from it as they grow and expand.
Pros
Exerienced work culture
Cons
Hang on to under achievers and expect other workers to carry the extra work load
One of the best jobs I've ever had.
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAApril 26, 2015
Honestly I still work here and love it. I just want to find a company I can be more passionate about. Kinze is a company that builds equipment for the Agriculture community. Thats simply not me. I'd like to find a company that helps produce something that I'm passionate about and involved with. So for now I'm still employed there. You have to pass a NCRC test to be employed there so that weeds out a lot of potentially bad employees. Everyone is definitely there to work and put in a hard day, so its great that you're surrounded by motivated individuals. Management is involved on a day to day bases so they know everyones name, and no person is too small. Which is great! However, not a lot of opportunities to move around -let alone up. Pays the best around and I'd give it a 9/10 would definitely work here again.
assemble corn planters and wagons
mechanical and electrical assembler (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAOctober 6, 2015
Start work at 5:30 to 4:00 10 hour days four days a week.
Had to work at a steady pace. Lot of farmers work there it was an education in the farming world. I'm from the city.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long drive
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAJuly 23, 2015
Good job, great pay, fast pace and enjoy working with the people I work with. Management works hard to keep things moving and people happy.
Challenging, high work load, friendly team environment.
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  IowaDecember 31, 2012
Kinze provides job security! You will be very, very busy! Offers the challenge and opportunity to grow/develop the HR team.
Pros
full work load; challenging but rewarding.
Cons
work-life balance is a challenge.
Family owned and run company with high moral values
Corporate Controller (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAJune 6, 2015
A company dedicated to it's employees and the agricultural industry. A highly moral company with minimal stress and quick to make decisions.
Daily routine
Assembly/ EMT (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAJanuary 18, 2015
Working on assembly line or paint hanger depending on the day. Rotation of job every hour and half. Working on row units for planters, packaging goods for customers and paint parts for the planters or the grain carts. Working in a safe company that has core values with high quality products. I also ensure that everyone in the building is taken care of when hurt or has a medical condition that needs the help from me and other first responders within the company.
Pros
good pay
Cons
to far to drive
Internship
Learning and Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAJuly 25, 2014
I was working at Kinze as an intern. I enjoyed working there, and being part of the Kinze Family. There were 13 other interns and I enjoyed getting to know them. I worked closely with the HR team and liked the responsibilities of organizing and planning I was in charged of.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
it was only an internship
great pay and benefits
Tool and Die Machinist (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg IANovember 13, 2013
Great people to work with. If you like overtime you will like this job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kinze Manufacturing. Our community is ready to answer.

Kinze Manufacturing Reviews by Location