KIPP Memphis Collegiate Schools Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Strong student and teacher focused team and family
Founding Assistant Principal (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 15, 2016
This is a strong place to work focusing on student achievement and professional development for teachers. This is a kindergarten- third grade school that is a community based and focuses on the holistic approach to education.
Team and Family
Science Teacher/Department Head (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 18, 2013
On a typical day. I was responsible for mentoring, teaching, and monitoring the students in the school. I developed rigorous lessons to prepare students for college. Students at KIPP Memphis Collegiate Schools work were hard on a daily basis. I enjoyed the team and family concept of the organization. It basically meant that "we're all in this together" and we helped each other when needed. The hardest part of the job was the long work hours and the extended school year. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the growth of your students throughout the school year and creating relationships with your students and their families.
Pros
The opportunity to educate students develop life-long relationships with students and parentns
Cons
Extended work day. Shortened summer months in comparison to traditional school districts.
KIPP is an aggressive Charter School on the move.
IT Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis TNFebruary 28, 2012
KIPP Memphis presence a great oppertunity for growth in the education field. The job is very demanding and challenges you to balance work and family.
Pros
pays a little more than public schools.
Cons
long hours...