Kirby Vacuums Employee Reviews

Terrible place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 18, 2017
Would never work for this place again and I recommend that nobody else does either. I actually sold these things too. The hours are terrible though, the commission on them is awful, and the room for advancement is a joke.
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Everything you can imagine.
Not great
Distributor Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOAugust 5, 2017
Not successful. If you don't have work experience in job I don't recommend it to nobody. I worked for Kirby for four years and it wasn't a excellent work environment
Risky and expenssive
Door to Door Sales (Former Employee) –  Molalla, ORJuly 29, 2017
Pay for your own fuel and insurance plus buy the product to sell to customers. Promising customers on warranty that is not included and cheating on the payment plans made by management
job
Polishing Line (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TXJuly 14, 2017
it was work :) new people and great place to work, i couldnt ask for anything more, but it does wear on as the years go on and on, the management could use BETTER TRAINING on management
Pros
great pay
Cons
poor management
Not good
Yanda Distributing (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 8, 2017
I got into this field thinking that it would be easy money. The boss seemed to be too enthusiastic and really it just wasnt the right field for me. The benifits were ok but really didnt like the job
Never again!
Independent Dealer/Driver (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 12, 2017
I hated the distributor I worked for. Not all of them are as bad as him. He pulled a lot of sneaky and manipulative stuff & charged dealers for lost or stolen equipment.
Fun place
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 7, 2017
Learning new tricks with the vacuums but also taking down appointments for interviews kept me busy. I would have 3-4 phones that I would have to answer and it was non stop. I also made copies of the contracts and put them in the correct files and made new contracts as well. I also interviewed people to see if they were the right candidates to work for this place.
Fun job, harsh management
Kirby Salesman (Former Employee) –  Williamson, WVJune 4, 2017
Kirby Vacuums was an interesting and exciting work experience, but the fun of the job was quickly overshadowed by the fast paced and cut throat nature of the management team.
Pros
discounted vacuum accessories
Cons
No free time, no paid vacation, punishment received if sales quota wasn't met.
Positive and fun upbeat place to work.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMay 30, 2017
Working at Kirby was very challenging every day. I learned how to deal with a lot of rejection. The management were very positive and fun people whom taught me success through professional work practices. The hardest part was getting rejected and the most enjoyable part was making a sale.
Love the customers
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 16, 2017
Very good work environment! The management team was really great people and treated us all very respectfully. The only thing we had to do was call customers off the list we were given and read our 3 questions and that was it! Pretty simple! If someone was interested then we take their information down and pass the information to management!
Pros
My pay check wasn't commision only!
Cons
There weren't any!

Want to know more about Kirby Vacuums?

Ask a question
Sales Experience
INDEPENDENT SALES PERSON (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALMay 13, 2017
The hours are long. The employee has the option to take an hourly salary or take commission pay. The commission pay is worth the work and the company shows you exactly what to do to be successful. The workplace is very competitive. The hardest part about the long hours is doing them day after day Monday through Saturday. If you have small children then this job may not be for you.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Not Family friendly
selling vacuums
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OHMay 6, 2017
Was not always guaranteed you were going to make a sale and make money for working 12 hours a day. Your life revolved around working at Kirby while you were out working most of the day you didn't have enough time to sleep or even have time to yourself. Kirby wasn't for me ,introducing people to an vacuum in their house.
Buena
Dealer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 1, 2017
Se adquiere buena experiencia en ventas agresivas pero se trabajan muchas horas
Pros
Buen trabajo
Cons
Muchas horas
underpaid and underappreciated
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INApril 28, 2017
did almost all of the work aside from sales in the office along with being treated like a maid for a boys club for a year and a half as well as cleaning up other rental properties in the building for a measly 7.25$ an hour
Pros
Cons
bad boss, bad wages, bad job
If you have a knack for sales, this is for you
Door-to-door sales, commissioned based (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 30, 2017
Like the business model, but personally was not one for giving a sales pitch. commission based, did not work for me, and thus found it difficult to balance my living budget and work to solely base my income off of Kirby. If I feel more confident in sales I may give a shot at Kirby again..
Very strange
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMarch 21, 2017
I didn't work here very long but I had some interesting experiences at this job and don't regret my time there. Your payment is largely performance based
Very difficult sales atmosphere
Sales (Former Employee) –  Northern UtahFebruary 22, 2017
I needed a job and there was an ad on the internet offering some pretty substantial income at entry level. I was intrigued and went for an interview. I found out I would be selling Kirby vacuums which was not mentioned in the ad, but I needed a job, so I took it. Selling is not an issue for me, but my wife was pregnant and the sales took a long time and there were nights that I didn't get to see my family. It did teach me to grind it out to make a sale though.
Takes a lot of your time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 20, 2017
A great job if you are young and single and aren't' trying to live on your own and be completely self sufficient until you get good!
Manipulative, over bearing management.
Commission Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 12, 2017
The owner has no respect for employee's or personal life beyond the companies benefit. (Deceased family members was not a valid reason to miss work even.) The employee's are taught to "get the sale" and this means by any means necessary whether it be lying or failing to provide information.
Fun, productive workplace
Team leader/Hiring Manager (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYNovember 27, 2016
My time with Kirby was excellent. I had been a sales rep for a few months before I moved into a management position. The commission is great, and the earning potential is fantastic, although it is hard to get by if you don't take the opportunity seriously. For me, the reason I left the company is because of the work life balance, the hours are long, very long, and because it is commission based, there are times where it is better to stop working than to keep being pushed farther. Dealers are expected at the office at 9 and the day doesn't end until after 8pm, sometimes being as long as a 15 hour day 6, and sometimes 7 days a week.
Pros
lots of experience, lots of room for growth, lots of earning potential
Cons
long hours, no base pay