Kirby Employee Reviews

Never payed, and the business is currupted
Salesman/telemarketing (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CADecember 28, 2016
The business is currpted. They nevered payed like they should, and they always had me do illegal stuff in a customers house.
Pros
Free travel
Cons
No breaks, currpted
The job was not bad but hard to work in school
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MONovember 23, 2016
They wanted me to work overtime a lot. Hard to work with my school hours. And when my son was born they wouldn't work with me on my hours. And cut my hours after my son was born
Pros
Frew lunches paid gas
Cons
Hard hours
Stay away customer and employee
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, AROctober 8, 2016
The independent distributors, B and B Marketing of Jonesboro, AR, in particular, are very scandalous, dishonest, and unethical. The cheat dealers out of large sums of money by lying to them about the product order being cancelled and such. They lie to the customer and mark the product up to a ridiculous amount, and defraud the elderly. Terrible!!!
Pros
Cons
Every aspect
Amazing company
Work hard and play hard (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 29, 2016
Amazing people, really good management, the environment is incredible i like to have fun doing my job,good opportunities, i get promoted really quick but you have to work hard for it, preferred to be tired than broke
Pros
Good money
Cons
No cons
daily work routine and management
Teacher Aid (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJSeptember 10, 2016
working at kirby was an amazing experience i learned how to change infant diapers and bottle feed children. At the end of the day i had to clean the room and get everything ready for the next.
Pros
seeing the joy on the children faces
Cons
when the children get hurt and when they are upset
work environment very motivated !
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 30, 2016
The Kirby Company is a success vacuum brand product. Working with my coworkers was great! An interview was placed, following a required 3 day training program. After orientation, the motivated typical day at work began 11am every morning. In the field your team is required to display the Kirby product of 10 demo's in a week. After completion of each day we review what we learned.
Pros
Bonus
Great place to work very positive environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Crawfordville, FLAugust 20, 2016
The job is great you get what you put into it put on the demos and the sales will take care of themselves!!! Great people to work with!! Best product ever made the only true vacuum on the market today nothing else compares!!! You can win trips prizes cars etc. Long hours but tons of money to make up for it!! More self made millionaires than any company I've ever worked for!! Give it 60 days and then you will know if it's for you!!
Pros
Money, trips, opportunity
Cons
Company moving in wrong direction
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 21, 2016
Management not moving forward. Employees not being replaced as people retire and/or leave...causing more stress on employees left. Healthcare and other amentities going up. Wage freezes. No raises.
Cons
healthcare, employees only numbers anymore
It was a lot of fun in the outrun, but I wasted a LOT of time
Retail Sales Consultant / Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJuly 17, 2016
I worked 6 days a week, 12 hours a day. I walked door to door setting up my own appointments to sell Kirby's. There was no set time to go home, and it was all commission.
Pros
I was able to meet all different kinds of people and gained a lot of sales experience
Cons
The hours were too dramatic for it not to be hourly
Hard working environment but rewarding.
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 12, 2016
Started at 10, door-to-door sales, learned many skills here and management as well, co-workers are fun depending on who you get, hardest part is handling rejection, most enjoyable is selling.
good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 6, 2016
It was a good job. I learned a lot at this job. I everything they showed me n hopes of taking it to then next job. I worked with a lot of great people who all showed me new things and helped me a long the way.
misleading
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 1, 2016
I applied for a customer service job, and was told I'd be working with computers and answering phones, got to orientation and was told that I would be selling door to door, even the instructor seemed shady,application was misleading. I stayed through orientation but never went back, the entire company gave me a weird feeling.
Pros
Cons
pushy and shady environment
Kirby Family: you are either in or out
Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2016
It's a very fraternal atmosphere, one in which you can care about the people around you and those you work with in different departments. This company culture adds cohesiveness and positivity to the workplace. Those who wish to just get the job done and go home are just as welcome as those who are recharged by the "family' atmosphere. However, it is still a business. Those who are well-bonded will suffer the most when the occasional layoff occurs. Those who are less-bonded may have it easier, but will not fully get the most out of working there. just a paycheck.
Pros
occasional boat ride around the ship channel. heavy use of "honor system" in many regards
good place to work
salesmen (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTJune 9, 2016
learned how to talk to people, and convince people to buy things, talking to people was most enjoyable, my coworkers were great, the hardest part was the long hours and traveling to new york
Fun place
Store Manager/Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Evans, GAJune 5, 2016
Exciting
How to talk to people
Awesome environment
Hardest part of the job is leaving work
Enjoyable is making money
Selling products that actually mean something, nothing feels better then having a awesome product.
ok
HR Director (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 27, 2016
Great opportunity but its all commission and there is no work life balance.It's very misleading. They try to work u to death.
Pros
money
Cons
no health care and commission
kirby life
sales associtate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 9, 2016
the kirby vacuum and kirby company itself are amazing . but it is only designed for one person to be able to live freely while others suffer.
Great Pay, Horrible Management
Door-to-Door Salesman (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTMay 3, 2016
This was a great place to work as far as pay goes but the managers never have time to you and they don't really let you know what you will be doing as far as your job until you get into the work environment. The Training was 3 days 8 hours a day, completely unpaid. I applied as a "customer service representative" and was told in the work environment what I'm actually doing is going door-to-door selling vacuums. Overall, a great product, a good job for some quick cash if you are single and have nothing better to do with 12-14 hours of your day, but management is awful and they will not be honest upfront.
Great way to make quick money as well as to devlop people skills.
Sales/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 19, 2016
I was a sales representative who worked closely with people, even entering their homes at time. This job was a very good way to develop people skills as well as my experience with customer service.
Pros
Paid alot as well as commission
Cons
If you didnt make any sales you didnt get paid
cleaning
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cordelia, CAApril 12, 2016
The first thing we would do at Kirby Corporation is to start the day off with a meeting and tell everyone what the expectations are then you are off with your team leader to go clean houses and try to make a sell. The hardest task to me was to try to convince the consumer that they should spend almost a $1,000 on a vacuum. The best part about the job was you see all types of people and see how they live and also clean there house so it brings them happiness and also me to know i am doing a good deed and being payed while doing so
Pros
free lunch
Cons
staying in one house for almost 2 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kirby. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9