Kirby Employee Reviews

Very fun!
Hiring Manager (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILOctober 31, 2017
This is a great company to work for. I've learned so much from this company and I also have been promoted. As long as you are willing to work hard you will for sure benefit and be promoted based off of your work and accomplishments.
Pros
Good pay, fast promotions
Little stressful but fun
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Loveland, OHOctober 29, 2017
I loved a lot of the people who worked there and they made that part of the job fun. But, sometimes it would get really stressful because there would be so many people during the rush hours and the restaurant is very small, so it made it hard to find places for people to sit at times.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Stressful
horrible
Independent Salesmen (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 26, 2017
Extreme hours, the ads lied about the payment structure, and there are multiple aspects deciding whether you get paid or not, you can work your butt off and sell 5 decent dollar vaccums and get paid 150 dollars
We are positive
Team leader & recruiter (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 26, 2017
It was a great learning experience to understand people business and to become the best version of yourself by being yourself.. by strictly holding yourself accountable for the good days and bad days
Positive Environment but No Pay
Door to door sales (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTSeptember 23, 2017
Office had a fun and positive environment. Management promoted positve characteristics. Absolutely no to little compensation to any employees besides management. We're very helpful during door to door sales. Worked long hours.
Cons
It's a ok first job. You get paid for sales.
Saleman (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 21, 2017
Get good walking shoes. You will be walking your whole shift. People will not always answer the door and some might slam the door in your face. Goodluck!
sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 20, 2017
showing the product, its features, how its assembled, what the product does, how its good for carpet, how its the top of the line cleaner, etc. no paid gas, have to drive your own vehicle, drives can be anywhere for 10 mins to 2 hours.
A great sales opportunity with cool prizes
Dealer, team leader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 9, 2017
Kirby is a competitive work place everyone wants to be the best and sale the most after all whoever sales the most makes the most but we all are good friends even salesmen from other offices and we'll even share all of our tricks that we use but month in and month out we work very hard and long hours going door to door trying to be #1 4 times a year you have a chance to win a free vacation and more prizes every month over all this is a great opportunity and a great company the only thing you have to watch out for is a bad factory distributor because he will keep your commission
Pros
Money trips opportunity
Cons
Some poor management
Sucks
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 29, 2017
This is a terrible pla e to work if you are looking for staedy pay and no drama..... It takes too long to make sales the managers don't do as much work as you do in fact they get paid before.you do even though your the one doing the work
Pros
Non
Cons
Everyrhing is terrible
Fun workplace
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 21, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. We always got tickets to the games. They always showed appreciation to the employees. The job ended because of fundin
I enjoyed the employees
Kirby Salesman (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 21, 2017
The job was a job where you have to be a quick learner. I did gain some salesmen experience. Explaing what you have to do and also demoing what your saleing.
Pros
I got some experience
Cons
Didn't last long
Great work environment
Product Distributor/Sales manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 21, 2017
I work pretty much every state west of the Mississippi. I typically have 3 appointments a day showcasing my equipment and cleaning one room of my clients home. This is a buy today business so communicating well with others is very important. Overcoming objections and closing a sale is the hardest part of the day (or not overcoming objections and closing a sale).
Pros
autonomy
Cons
no salary, no benefits
starter job
Door to Door Salesman/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALAugust 18, 2017
Must be willing to work morning noon and night, in all types of weather. The best part of the job is meeting people in your own community and other zip codes.
fun workplace
Distributor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 13, 2017
Loved this job! If you worked hard, you were compensated well with vacations,incentives, and pay. Fast paced, lots of fun. Work hard , play hard! Products were incredible as well
Great setting
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 10, 2017
I loved working at kirby though it was a years ago the people you see usually become regulars where you'll gave good conversation with some. Fast paced sometimes. Sometimes you may get left in the house with a creep and it may be your first day out of training.
Pros
pay
Cons
door to door
Great
Sales (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 27, 2017
Great place to work managers and excited about making the best out of the day. and helping you go home as happy as possible. the commission and extra perks are amazing. just could not continue door to door.
interesting experience
Kirby Salesman (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 25, 2017
My time with this company was short lived. I was paid compensation which is fine when im selling thousands of dollars a week. But when im getting shorted on my checks when i put 12 hours a day in walking around im not going to be happy so needless to say i left
Pros
stay in shape
cons
Door to door
Sr. Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 22, 2017
This was a job based on commision, it was door to door knocking advertising a product not sold in stores an as a dealer my job was to display the product.
Pros
free trips
Cons
making no money
Great place to work, if you're willing to put in the work.
Team leader, Canvasser, Salesman (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 19, 2017
Kirby was an awesome place to get my foot into the sales world. I was looking for some hard work that would pay off in the end. The management wasn't very bad but it wasn't good in terms of building their workers, if you are a determined, hard worker, then this is the job for you.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJuly 14, 2017
Kirby will shine tonight
When the sun goes down and the moon comes up,
Kirby will shine.

Its been over 20 years since I sold Kirbys. I lasted a month.

Everything you've read is true. You will work long hours, you will drive all over. But you can definitely make money.