Kirby

Kirby Employer Reviews

TIme Consumption
Independent dealer (Current Employee), Milford CtDecember 20, 2014
Cons: all
Positive energy,But Very time consuming. door to door sales with no breaks but great prizes for those who actually sell the kirby.
Fun work place.
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Concord, NHDecember 8, 2014
Pros: free snacks everyday.
Cons: short breaks.
fun place to work in people are friendly everyday with a smile on there face i learned sales skills and how to talk to customers. the hardest part of the job was trying to sell a Kirby or convince a customer to look at one. the most enjoyable part was making your own hours everyday.
not a bad place to work
Dealer (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYDecember 4, 2014
Pros: self employed
Cons: you can go weeks without a paycheck
selling Kirby can be lots of fun and very profitable. there are good weeks and bad weeks. if you've gat money saved back and can ride it out and you have good sales experience you can make lots of money. you have to be able to make fast friends with complete strangers and get them to want to by a Kirby. by not only wanting it but needing it.
pricing merchandise
Short Order Cook (Former Employee), Tupelo ,MSNovember 25, 2014
worked in stock room
priced merchandise for co workers to put up
working in a stock room
Positve working enviornment
Telemarketing Specialist (Former Employee), Grand Blanc, MINovember 13, 2014
Pros: morning donuts and coffee
Cons: short lunch breaks
Fun and exciting days with typical challenges, but overall great days.
productive and fun place
Salesperson (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CANovember 12, 2014
Pros: good comisions
Cons: short breaks
i had a great time at ths jobsyes i was commited to work a lot and its a very good job u get towork with people and have great communication skills and be in apossitive mode
good
Sales/ Team Lead (Former Employee), beaumont, txNovember 12, 2014
Kirby being an in demand product makes it so easy to sale. There's no limit on how many you can sale and no limit on moving up in this company.
Great people and a super positive atmosphere
Salesperson (Former Employee), Conroe, TXNovember 6, 2014
I love the company and even the area, but being in college it was difficult to be a dedicated worker while working nights and trying to go to school.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVOctober 21, 2014
Kirby is great.
Alot of room for growth.
Fun to meet new people.
Kirby is great and competitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Central Valley, NYOctober 8, 2014
I like working in a competitive company like Kirby. The company also carries a great name attached to it. I like the fact that I was in control of how much money I was making based off of my efforts because I'm a hard worker and like to be compensated as such.
Productive workplace, fun environment.
Salesperson (Former Employee), Baldwin Park, CAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: high earning potential
Cons: long hours
The Kirby company is a great company to work for. 100 years in business. Number one product in its market. High earning potential. Great management and training. Great place to learn direct selling.
Productive but slow
Dealer (Former Employee), Layton, UTOctober 5, 2014
Pros: it was a very easy, laid back work environment.
Cons: it was very disorganized and sometimes unreliable for pay.
I would be there at nine in the morning, sing a positive Kirby song, and travel around Utah until around ten or eleven at night.

I learned hard work and devotion really paid off. Management skills were misplaced and handed to the wrong leaders. My co-workers were fun and hard-working and easy to work around.

The hardest part of the job would definitely – more... have to be the hours, it was twelve or thirteen hours a day depending on the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting paid every Wednesday. – less
Easy and Productive
salesman (Former Employee), Pueblo, COSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: bonus every time you sell a vacuum
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work consisted on trying to sell as many Kirby vacuums as possible. I learned to always be polite and respectful. If you want respect you have to give respect. The management at Kirby was great everybody was always so generous. My co-workers were also very polite and the also knew how to give out a great deal of respect. The hardest – more... part of the job was probably walking around the neighborhoods. The most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on the people's faces. – less
Hard sales but good money
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Franklinton, NCSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: met a lot of people
Cons: dry spells
Helped employees on sales calls. Enjoyed helping customers get what they wanted and helping them get the best finance options.
Mundane and uninteresting workplace
Sales Office Manager (Former Employee), oak brookAugust 12, 2014
Management was unprofessional and inefficient. My coworkers were unmotivated and lazy.
Sales hard core
Sales Manager (Former Employee), N Ridgeville, OHAugust 7, 2014
Door to door sales of vacs. what can you say, doesn't get any more challenging. Handle rejection over come objections, good training.
fun filled days
intergrated marketing rep (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 25, 2014
as a company kirby was so welcoming when i started. i have never experienced anything like it. the people that work here always have a welcoming smile. most on my time is spent answering the phones to assist customers. there are times when we have to call customers that have emailed or left a voicmail. my coworks are like family. we support each other. – more... i have never had a problem with any of my coworkers. management is always understand and willing to work with my schedual. the hardest thing is doing technical calls over phone. the best part about my job is my coworkers. – less
BEWARE!!!
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIJuly 13, 2014
Pros: if you are a young, male, movie star handsome and personable person, you might like this job
Cons: everything else!!!
Forewarned is forearmed...I have only been a Kirby rep three days and warning bells are shrieking. I had two half days of training on the Kirby and how to sell it. Then I was expected to go out on the van. I had watched carefully in training, but never even turned one on and didn't know how to shampoo. My demos would have been appointments...so I already – more... had a foot in the door. The last thing I'd do as a manager would be to send someone as uneducated about Kirby as me into appointments!! The machine sells itself, I'd buy one; but I can't sell what I know very little about. The least they could have done was let me demo then in office ONCE.
Also, rule #3...drugs. They practically encouraged them!...so long as you weren't flipping out while working. My manager had a Breathalyzer in his van from a recent DWI. He just started this business as a manager. Our office is a cheap rental and he doesn't run air conditioning. He was jazzed about me on day one and disappointed in me day two because I couldn't get 7 appointments set up after 4 hrs training. His assistant manager...there only 3 weeks, thought I didn't hear him tell the boss he didn't think I was going to buy their hype. The boss can make you feel special...or be downright rude. Needing to go into the E.R. for a torn Achilles tendon was just an EXCUSE to him, even though my ankle was the size of a big grapefruit. He's only interested in us making HIM money. And no one is naturally as hyper and unable to stand still for a second. I'd love to blood test him for drugs.
There is much more but most importantly is there is no work agreement. No one took my W2 information. I was lied to many times about the pay. The job was advertised Customer Service...some minor assembly. The truth is you sweat your butt off in executive clothing for over 12 hours a day. Everything I've read from other posts here only justify my concerns. Very few people can do this job and though I might be one of them, I think I will hit up MCDonald's tomorrow for a job rather than go back.... – less
Not for everyone
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: good pay when you make sales, no set schedule
Cons: long hours, knocking on doors
A typical work day was arriving at 8 am at the office, having a morning meeting, then drive out to a location to knock on doors all day. Its a sales job where you don't get paid unless you sell something. I usually didnt get home till after 11 pm.
Hard
Dealer (Current Employee), Plattsburgh, NYJune 27, 2014
Pros: free vacations that your boss pays for you if you sell 30 kirbies in one month
Cons: you cant always sell
well dealers are to be at the office for 8:45am
then there was a meeting at 9am till 10:30am
then you have a cigarette break
then at 10:40am you clean out the vans and stock them back up with kirbies
then at 11 am you go on the road (either in your own car for apiontments or on the van to door to door)
then get done work at 9pm and sometimes you don't – more... get home till midnight depending on where you are.. and you only get paid if you sell .. and you don't always sell..

oh and you work 6 days a week Monday- Saturday – less