This position coordinates the activities of the shipping and receiving workers, preparing the product for shipping via carrier service and receiving of products from vendors.
1. Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules and expedite workflow.
2. Issue written and oral work instructions.
3. Assign duties and examine work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures.
4. Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of workers.
5. Insure correct shipments are being made; monitor daily shipments.
6. Conduct annual performance reviews and provide continual feedback on both positive and negative performance. Document as required.
7. Identify employees’ skills and develop them by coaching and counseling on a regular basis.
8. Work with other departments to ensure coordination of production, inventory management and quality assurance.
9. All other duties as assigned.
This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, previous experience in Shipping/Receiving a plus, previous experience with TS16949 and ISO 14001 a plus. Must be able to read, analyze and interpret written instructions. Previous experience with EDI ordering process flow. Must be computer literate and familiar with Microsoft programs.