Kirkland's Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 15, 2017
It was so long ago that I worked for Kirklands. For me It was fun place to work. I excelled fairly quick i was hired as a team member but after 2 weeks of working I was offered a key holder position. The only reason I left was due to the late night hours of the key holder positon. For me at the time these hours did not coincide well with my family.
An Easy Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2017
I've worked for this company a total of 3years. It is a nice place to work. The employees are good, customers friendly and the hours are flexible. The down side is the pay isn't all that great, but it works since I am still in school.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAAugust 11, 2017
very fun fast paced work.
repetitive customers make work enjoyable
great place to work if its only a part time job you are looking for
holiday time (fall-winter) most busiest time
Pros
fun job
Cons
dont offer full time
Enjoyed floor sets, helping customers decorating their condos and homes
3rd Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALAugust 10, 2017
Floors sets, helping customers decorating their homes and condos! Getting new merchandise in the store and putting it out to sell was always exciting!
Great place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Silas, ALAugust 10, 2017
Great workplace and great people to work with and for. The environment was very clean . The hours are great. The security was very on point. Really really enjoyed it.
It was okay
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAAugust 10, 2017
Only care about company not the staff not happy associates management is okay but dm is a jerk not man enough to do his own job would rather hide from
Enjoyed working here
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALAugust 9, 2017
I only worked at kirklands for a month or two, however i got hired as an assistant manager and enjoyed my time there. Management above me was very nice and helpful, everyone did their job only thing that could have been better was the organization of things.
opinion about job
Shipment (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 4, 2017
i worked hard in this company but when i pulled my muscle they don t gave me anything so i accomplited my work with enthousiasm.i learn the work quickl and iwon the empolyee of the month
Fun and inviting place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 2, 2017
Kirkland's is a fun and fast-paced working environment. The relationships are well built. The organization is important and they are very flexible on scheduling. Kirkland's is a great place to work.
A good place to work
packer (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 1, 2017
A good place to work with nice people. a good chance to get over time. great atomsphere the jobs ther are not hard, I do wish the training was a little better.

Want to know more about Kirkland's?

Ask a question
Laid back.
Manager at the Arboretum (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 29, 2017
Casual work environment. It can get busy during seasonal times, but for the most part is is a calm work environment that isn't overly stressful. Promotions are easy to come by and the pay is fair.
Excellent opportunity to explore the business and venture out
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJuly 27, 2017
I love the environment and the people that I work with. They are all very helpful especially my first week when I start and with me being one to catch on quickly it was a great experience
Fun and productive environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJuly 25, 2017
Great place to work; your coworkers definitely become friends here. Flexible hours. Required to unload merchandise from trucks every week. Customer service is a must.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALJuly 25, 2017
Management could have been better. They were not encouraging to their employees nor did they train in how to properly sale a product to their customers. I believe that a part of a mangers job is to make sure an employee knows how to properly sale and to properly do their job. Their focus was primarily on the amount of sales that each employee was able to pull in, but never bothered to make sure each of them knew how to sale properly.
Pros
Good incintives
Cons
poor management, no learning experience
Sales Associate/Part-time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 24, 2017
Design floor plans
Print sales signs and hang
Move furniture
inventory
cashier
clean
count money down at the end of the night
Employee incentives
Kirklands
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 24, 2017
Products are highly priced, discounts really dont make that much of a difference when purchasing items, It was an ok place to work. Mgmt can not seem to be on the same page. Scheduling was ridiculous and didnt know whether you worked one day or the next without calling to see if the schedules were out yet. Very unorganized when it came to management and scheduling the help. I would not work there again, not worth the issues that it caused.
Pros
Cons
to many to list
Very fun place to work at
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 20, 2017
Fun place to work at it wuz the first time to working wit a lot of people and I lov d it I loved that place and it help me to be the man I am today and I just hate that my manger had to quit she understand stood me
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not enough hours
overall great place
Interim Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 19, 2017
Loved working here, fast paced, never bored, always something new to do. lots of new products daily- great discount, great coworkers- fun environment-
Productive place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 18, 2017
This place was a very delightful place to work. The job was pretty fun and I was given great training and also if I needed help most of the time managers or other associates would stop what they were doing to help me with what I needed.
Pros
Fun Place to be
Cons
Hardly any benefits
It was a fun place to work. because of the product and the generous discounts you received. Flexible work schedules.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2017
It was a lot of work and it was hard to keep staff. The pay was not enough for the truck crew. Kirkland's is a furniture store and it takes a lot to unload and put it together.
Pros
great merchandise and good discount
Cons
high turnover for truck crew because not enough pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kirkland's. Our community is ready to answer.