Kirkland's Employee Reviews in United States

It was a wonderful place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 24, 2016
I loved working at Kirkland's. My coworkers were great and it kept my busy while still being a fun and healthy work environment
the boss is a bully
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMay 23, 2016
The boss is a bully boss who believes she is never wrong and will lie to you right to your face or call you a liar to your face. Nothing you do will ever be good enough for her she will always go behind you and change everything you do the raises are a joke.... about 6 cents a year if youre lucky
Pros
there are no pros
Productive and inviting work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILMay 21, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of aiding customers with whatever they needed to satisfy their shopping experience, while managing the checkout area. The management team and employees were wonderful to work with, very inviting and insightful. The hardest part about the job I would say was trying to get inventory down in the back stock room. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find exactly what they were shopping for and helping them coordinate their purchases.
great place
stock supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 20, 2016
great team...new management was poor ...hardest part of job was dealing with racism with new management ... i enjoyed the job in general
fun place to work at, very professional, and simple tasks
Team Member and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZMay 20, 2016
I enjoy every day of work, the only downside about this job is the amount of hours. I would sometimes work one day in a week. The environment is a fun and beautiful place.
Pros
the people, fun envirnoment, clean place
Cons
the amount of hours
Typical retail company
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAMay 19, 2016
I worked here for a little over a year. This was my first retail job. Management could be better, overall it was a cool place to work.
family
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMay 16, 2016
i loved working here everyone treated each other like family. all the managements were great if yyou needed help they wouldnt hesitate to help you out. i hate that it permanently closed down in brownsville
Pros
friendly
Cons
permanently closed
Amazing People within the Company
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 16, 2016
Everyone is hard working and respectful to each other. Overall one of the best jobs I've had. I loved working within this company!
Awesome people and great products/customers
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 14, 2016
kirklands was great to me, i loved the other employees and the work environment. there is a lot to love about this place. i would always consider going back.
Pros
great employees
Cons
i bought tons of stuff i didnt need
Fun, Part Time Job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMay 14, 2016
My typical day consists of helping customers and stocking. I am learning new things every day. My store manager is strict and keeps an eye on us. I love my co-workers, everyone is easy to work with.
Very busy place to work. Great customers poor management!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 11, 2016
Constant floor moves that are always scheduled on holidays itself so you never get to enjoy days with family! Kirklands does not compensate well at all for the amount of heavy lifting and work you have to continuously do. Always a new rule everyday no flexability for staff but wants you to be flexable to accommodate the many task at hand. No vacation for 3rd asst. Managers but you work just as hard and as much the store or senior manager. You are considered part time no matter how many hours you work therefore scheduling is fixed at 4 hours shifts that constantly fluctuate 5 days out of the week so you cant have a second job or breaks. Used to love working here until new management was hired without a clue on how to merchandise,train,or make a schedule or be flexable. Dm does not value staff under her store Manager or Senior.
Pros
20%discount
Cons
No breaks, under paid, and no flexabilty
laid back, quaint, quiet, firendly.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 9, 2016
Kirklands is a friendly place to work at. there are times of course like any other job that the customers can be difficult but we try to help everyone as much as we can. I would say that the hardest part of the job is sometimes carrying some of the huge furniture pieces for customers. but the because co-workers are so friendly they help you out.
Pros
the store smells good
Cons
small break area.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 6, 2016
The employees are excellent. management is not consistent. assisting customers with their home buying is the best part.
its a good job
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 25, 2016
it was a good job, i had a good time working with them they where a supper good company to work for and to be with.this is a really good company to work fo.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks
great place to learn and work at
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 24, 2016
a very good place to work at and learn and meet new people not a very hard job. the hardest part was the heat in the summer. the people is great training and productive management was kind of lazy but great benefits and other opportunity
Pros
had to bring your own lunch and they provide drink machines for you
Cons
we got 3 breaks like every 2 hours they wasn't short at all
It's ok for a temporary job
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXApril 19, 2016
Great atmosphere and heavy customer service.
They have a variety of home decors. Pleasant to work there.
Great atmosphere.
Pros
Not far from my home
Cons
Not enough hours
Amazing Place to work, Family oriented
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 12, 2016
I love my job. My Kirkland's family is AWESOME! We get along well and we have no problems.The customers are great as well.
Productive and fun workplace with a good attitude
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNApril 12, 2016
A typical day at work is very laid back and casual, clock in and greet all of the customers, check people out, help them with items they want, go around and make sure all of the displays are organized.
The management is very friendly and fun to work with, they will help keep you busy but they don't make you do everything on your own. The "work load" is not overwhelming and everyone is a team player.
The hardest part of the job is either not being able to lift things on your own, and not being able to sign people up for the K-cards - those are two things that are out of everyone's control though.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the environment, all of the managers and customers are very happy and light-hearted. I've never experienced a stressful day at Kirklands.
Pros
good discounts, free food on busiest days of the year
Poor Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TX 75904April 7, 2016
A typical day at Kirklands is stressful because the management was poor when I was hired. The hardest part of this job was trying figure out what management wanted from their employees because there was no communication. The most enjoyable part of this job was whenever customers were shopping in the store because I would be able to help them find what they needed.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNApril 4, 2016
This is a great place to work if you're looking for something to earn a little bit extra cash. However if you are wanting enough hours to pay bills this place does not give you that option. You will need to pick up another job on the side unless you are in management.
Pros
Great atmostpher
Cons
not enough hours