Kirklands

Kirklands Employee Reviews

Great second job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Crestview Hills, KYJune 24, 2015
Pros: Easy job
Great place to work for a second job or to earn some extra money for the holidays. Great people to work with and willing to work around your schedule.
push, push, and more push. not for the sale but to keep changing end caps and displays
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), The Villages, FLJune 20, 2015
Pros: great products
Cons: need robots to work there, not people
Liked products they have but the management in itself never cared for the employees, just moving stock and we have had a few accidents that we could not report.
Many other issues that I will not discuss.
Relaxing
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJune 6, 2015
Pros: breaks
A typical day at Kirkland's involve making sure customers are helped and store is stocked and cleaned. I enjoyed working with everyone and enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere. Management is top notch, and co-workers are helping and understanding. Working at Kirkland's you have to be willing to work as a team because that is what Kirkland's do; works as a team.
Key Responsibilites
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Aberdeen, NCMay 29, 2015
Key Responsibilities Include: Greeting customers and informing them of any sales or specials, Cash handling, Stocking merchandise, Unloading merchandise, and Ensuring that all of the customer’s needs are taken care of.
Fun environment, fast paced.
sales associate and worked my way (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 28, 2015
Pros: fun, always changing product
Cons: wil hire from outside the company for management positions
This hands on job, in a fun environment, always has something going on. Learn customer service skills, receiving, and management training gives well rounded job skills.
I love this store
Cashier (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 23, 2015
This is a very nice place to work. I love everything about this store and all the different smells and décor. Everyone is very nice.
Fun and productive workplace
Third Assistant Manager - Truck Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 29, 2015
Pros: Employee discounts
Cons: Benefits if not a management employee
Kirklands is very focused on customer interaction. We strive to make sure that every customer is finding what they are looking for, and we have gone out of our way to find it.

Mondays are "Truck Days" - when we get our shipment from the distribution center. That day is spent unloading and unpacking boxes.

Being part of the management team has given me the opportunity to see how the business is run, not just being given a task and not understanding the why's and how's behind it.
Productive Workplace
Team Member (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 23, 2015
Pros: discount on merchandise
Cons: no breaks, four to five hour shifts
A normal day of work at Kirkland's was coming in and clocking in and getting straight to work. You greet customer no matter what you are doing and where you are, ask customers if they need help finding any items, or grabbing merchandise from the back that was put on hold. Management was great to me and took your schedule seriously. The hardest part of the job was doing the truck with stock on it and unloading it. The most enjoyable part of this job was building the sale, offering customers things that might complement what they wanted to get.
Very nice place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), fresno CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: short breaks and low hours
I loved working with the customers and I enjoyed handling the register. I gained cashier experience and learned how to be a team player. I got along well with management.
Great Experience with Friendly Employees
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Trussville, ALMarch 2, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: lifting heavy objects without help
Management is poor and new employees aren't trained properly. Veteran employees are very friendly and seem to know how the store is supposed to run. The best part of the job is getting out new product and learning its features so we can inform customers about them.
Productive, very fun work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Corpus Christi TxFebruary 17, 2015
At Kirkland's I learned more about customer service and about hitting our number for the day for the store. My co-workers and management were amazing, very upbeat environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new customers every day and learning about the different styles and taste people have in homes.
Enjoyed the job and the associates I worked with.
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee), Sevierville TNFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: the co-workers and merchandise, and money
A day Kirklands consist of paperwork, receiving and processing shipment to the floor, coaching associates to set merchandise and to meet customer satisfaction. The hardest part of the job was balancing the hours demanded as a Merchandise Manager and my responsibilities in my personal life. The one thing I learned while working for this company is some people will do anything to get to the top, and if you are a threat, they will turn your dream job into a nightmare. But the most enjoyable part of the job was working with some of the greatest people and the merchandise is wonderful...after a floor set, the feeling of accomplishment was amazing...and still to this day Kirklands is one of my favorite places to shop.
Good place to work if intrested in art and decor
Seasonal Store Associate (Former Employee), San AngeloJanuary 25, 2015
Good place to work if you like art and décor and even just a little bit of everything
horrible clickish management, fake people
Sales Associate, Cashier, Stocking Duties (Current Employee), Brentwood, TNDecember 29, 2014
Very clickish management and very low pay and no benefits. Not happy so looking elsewhere for more solid employment.
love the customer interaction
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lufkin, TXDecember 20, 2014
helping customers, restocking merchandise, processing credit applications.
Productive workplace with nice surroundings.
2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Lady Lake, FLOctober 30, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: short breaks and lack of support
A typical day at work involves constant customer service and tasking throughout the day.
Keeping the store in tip top shape is a routine must.
I am a manager and I think that I make my staff enjoy coming to work.
It's hard to keep staff on board for long, perhaps because of the work load often given to them.
The hardest part of my job would have to be maintaining store appearance during peak shopping hours.
The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be the time before we open and after we close, to count registers, be completely involved with how the store looks and fix what needs to be fixed.
na
2nd Asst Manager (Former Employee), Hickory, NCOctober 27, 2014
good mgmt
nice people to work with
not much in advancement
pay could be better
Great environment with uplifting Co-workers
Team Member (Current Employee), Charleston, SCOctober 16, 2014
Pros: easy work low stress.
Cons: low pay, no room to grow.
Good environment with low stress and responsibility. Not a lot of room for growth.
Very upbeat place to work. Great environment and great people!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 8, 2014
Some days are better then others but we are consistently improving ourselves and store. We are all very task driven but never take away time from customers. We all get along great and we all work well as a team.
Fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Waco, TXOctober 6, 2014
I really enjoyed working here but really would like to pursue my career field of choice.

1 2 3 4 5

About Kirklands

Kirkland provides secure access to hundreds of specialized client extranets.

Kirklands Salaries