Kirkwood Community College

Kirkwood Community College Employer Reviews

taught LPN labs, clinicals
Adjunt Instructor (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJune 5, 2014
Pros: short-term, adjunct
Cons: salary
Kirkwood was a wonderful environment. Labs were the same all through the semester. Clinicals were set up in the area where I live. This also assisted students who were living in the same area. (25 miles from campus) Students were great. I learned as much from them as I hope I taught them.
Tech (Former Employee), Cedar RapidsApril 28, 2014
What can I say this was a great place to work as a college student.
overall a good experience, an assortment of interesting people to work with.
Tutor (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 14, 2014
Typical day, after getting done with class I meet with the student and review materials that were covered in their class, as well as assist in their assignments.
The management was very friendly always cheerful, however there was not much interaction with them.
I never really had any co-workers, however the students that I helped had a variety of personalities, – more... and it was always something new.
The hardest part of my job was coordinating their schedules with mine. I would sometimes be left at the school for hours waiting for them, however it did give me time to do m homework.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the sense of accomplishment in knowing that I was helping people learn. – less
A Fantastic Place to Work for Entry Level Employees
Ballantyne Auditorium Coordinator (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 10, 2014
I felt that Kirkwood has offered me many great opportunities as entry level employment and offers good experience to add to a resume. The coworkers are generally wonderful people and the management and employee services are usually quite effective. There are also many opportunities for advancement as well.
A fun Business club where anyone can join.
College Club (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IADecember 22, 2013
Pros: we got a party at the end of every semester.
This was not a job but a professional club i entered when i went to college. We met only once a week to talk about certain business. we also got to compete in certain subjects a couple times a year. I got to meet a lot of people and made a lot of new friends. I made it to nationals where i got to go to Washington, DC, Anaheim, CA, and Dallas, TX.
Had fun working here....
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IANovember 12, 2013
I enjoyed the learning experience. It helped me with what I was actually going to school for. The Instructors were very kind and generous. The students were very nice. The hours depended on your availability and when your classes were.
Challenging and active
Computer Business Applications Tutor (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: part time employee and no healthcare benefits.
Even though I love the job I do over here, I am still working as a part-time employee without any benefits. I would love to continue working over here, but without a full time job and less hours it wouldn't give me any benefits.
During holidays, I don't get paid which is not what I want.
If I go on vacation, I have very limited hours to use.
New skills learning
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 11, 2013
You will learn alot from this job and increase your chances for advancement in your career.
work well
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 28, 2013
I worked for Kirkwood for about half a year on a part time basses to help pay for college. I was able to work with teachers on class room labs. job payed minimum wage.
A great place to work, helping others achieve thier goals
Senior Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 9, 2013
A typical day included speaking with internal clients for various needs, then working with coordinators and graphic designers to complete projects: Web, print, radio, newspaper ads, etc.
Wonderful environment
Communiqué Adviser (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMay 29, 2013
Pros: family-like atmosphere
Cons: unable to advance
The environment at Kirkwood is outstanding. My only reason for leaving is that I am seeking fulltime employment.
Deli Supervisor (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMay 28, 2013
Set hours with weekends off. That is unheard of in the restaurant field.
Simple place to work with amazing people
Lead Server, Bartender (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IowaMay 16, 2013
Pros: great people, very flexible, request days off when needed
Cons: bad pay, no discounts, told to do dumb thing just to take up time, very slow paced
Just your typical serving job, good people, easy management, and great atmosphere, i like working here a lot and have many friends from this place, the rules they go by are a little wacky and management is not the brightest but its a restaurant so what can you expect. If you dont work dinner shifts you wont make much money at all. Dinner i leave with – more... at least 100 a night and breakfast and lunch no more than 50 combined – less
great place to work
Instructor (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMay 2, 2013
I was Adjunct faculty in the EMS division. Teaching EMS classes at all levels.
Goodwill Industries
Job Trainer (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 23, 2013
Pros: liked the fast paced environment, working with the clients, and the responsibility
Cons: long hours and never felt like i could get everything done.
Fast paced environment where the clients pay was my responsibility. I had to keep track of each clients work schedule and keep them busy. I recorded how much they did and what they needed to keep busy. I was medication trained and gave clients their medication when needed, at the end of the day recorded each clients work history. I worked closely with – more... each clients counselor to make sure they were always on the right path. Very important job to be a great listener and always keeping an eye on each client. – less
workload of chaos
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), cedar rapids, iaSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: great boss, hours
Cons: no benefits
check in new inventory received
unpack and /or place new inventory in warehouse
enter invoices, purchase orders, and more into databases
copy software from disc to digital file
warehouse organization
overall i learned a lot about proper office working skills, data entry, and proper computer maintance.
Fun and dependable place to work
Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 4, 2012
Kirkwood is a great place to work for. They really take care of their employees and offer greast benefits.
Review
Microcomputer Specialist (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 9, 2012
Pay is not good. Not bad if you like working in a student enviroment.
You will not find a more enjoyable place to work!
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 4, 2012
I absolutely loved my job here. Kirkwood has this way of making you feel like you're actually a part of something, that you're helping, and that you matter. I am sure I will never find another job that I love as much as the one I've had at Kirkwood.
Custodian (Former Employee), Iowa City,IAMay 8, 2012
A typical day is cleaning rooms and helping other workers to achieve success and making the campus clean and a safe environment