Kisco Senior Living, LLC Employee Reviews

Working for Kisco was a joy. My management team was the pits
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 19, 2018
I enjoyed working at Kisco especially with my co-workers and the residents. Management team was a disgrace. My immediate supervisor did not have a clue on how to mange a department. She as not knowledgeable of her job nor her position.

The company as a whole was great. I would work again for Kisco if given the opportunity.
A great place to work !
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 18, 2018
My time at Kisco has been an opportunity for me to become more and more independent in my work. I have been given lots of opportunities to expand on my knowledge and take the lead on projects. I feel like I own my work and get to enhance my surroundings daily.
Pros
People, Work, Benefits, Location
Cons
Some travel
Terrible terrible
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 4, 2018
The management is what makes this place terrible . They didn’t gain my respect and most of my coworkers .They let the lead severs do whatever they want . Too many people sleeping with each other in the same department and nothing but gossip every shift I worked . Overall just a dram filled and stressful work environment .
Pros
Free food
Cons
Pay, coworkers, management
Good for experience but management is horrible.
Memory care resident assist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CADecember 28, 2017
Management is terrible. They are constantly complaining about employees and never thanking them for all the work they do. A lot of drama between employees. The schedule is a mess (especially in memory care). They are always short staffed so if you request a day off you won’t get it approved. Resident assist manager is usually in a bad mood and very difficult to talk to.
Pros
Free lunch. Love the residents.
Cons
Management is horrible. Schedule is always a mess
Amazing culture
Training Module Designer (internship) (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 20, 2017
I loved working with the people at KSL. They are all very positive and upbeat. I worked there for my Internship as part of the Master's degree program at SDSU. It was a great learning experience, every day was a challenge. I would love to find a place to work at similar to my experience their. Also, most of the work was done remotely via Zoom. We met in person only about 5 or 6 times to interview the SME's and to visit and meet other employees at all levels.
They would be a great example to other companies. Employees all worked together for a common goal. Enriching.
Pros
Great learning experience and great people
Cons
They did not have any opening after my internship
The worst place to work. Management is horrible
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 15, 2017
If you don’t have an opinion, or backbone and you’re afraid to speak up for yourself go work there. The company is very unfair and biased. They’re almost racist
Pros
Benefits, free lunch
Cons
Bad management, Free lunch is horrible, wants staff opinion but then don’t listen
Management is a joke
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAOctober 31, 2017
Manager plays favorites and parties with staff. Unethical treatment of residents from assisted living director. Don’t work here!!!! Your voice will not be heard :-(
LTC upbeat people who care for families
Human Resources Generalist/Director (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAOctober 27, 2017
Busy, upbeat quality care facility.
Great community leadership and compassionate staff who made a difference everyday in the life of a family.
Heart of Marin, tenured staff, experienced and caring.
Pros
24/7 work environment
Cons
can be stressful when residents pass over
Associate Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 1, 2017
Kisco's culture (PVBs) are everything! They are the guiding light for the company. The upper management always has positive intent and has the best interests of it's associates in mind.
Great Place To Work!
Admin. Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 28, 2017
Kisco offers amazing benefits and is extremely professional. This company strives to honor it's Principle Value Beliefs and is a great place to work!
Horrible
RMA (Former Employee) –  VA Beach, VAAugust 27, 2017
Horrible management, excepted to come in for meetings once a week. Get calls and texts all throughout the day on days off. Management did not care about residents needs
ok
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 27, 2017
company does well for residents. at the time my direct supervisor was not good at all. lot of issues with direct supervision and lack of care in a few homes
Making a difference everyday
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 18, 2017
provides a good product to the seniors and the families of the seniors that each property cares for. Good to see that they are starting to provide more memory care.
Senior living is fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 11, 2017
I love working for Kisco I have been doing it for over year now. I love interacting with the residents and getting to know them. My co workers are hardworking and awesome people. They are always giving their 100 percent for our residents.
good place to work while going to school
MEDICATION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 17, 2017
You have a routine schedule, except when you have unexpected falls from residents
learned a lot about meds and how to receive new medication orders and make changed as specified by the doctor
management is fair
Very bad management
Server (Current Employee) –  Kapolei, HIJune 8, 2017
management is really bad talking about mocking you at work. especially BOH benefits are not that good. People are not trustworthy. Talking behind backs and not professionals. Not really recommend on people want to grow. Growth here is very hard, work schedule isn't great they want you to work and no life. Residents are awesome they're fun. When I used to work here I witnessed manager talking at skype with his partner during work. And kitchen director who's playing video card game while people are working hard.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lunch is what residents left over (sad)
Careless Management !!
Server (Former Employee) –  Cary ncMay 23, 2017
I worked here for over almost 2 years. Never once did i get a raise. I was one of the best severs . Busted over three 6 tops an one 4 top in one night, plus resetting an restocking. Bad management that hit an belittled you. I loved the resident's , miss them very much.
Pros
Free lunch good resident's
Cons
Horrible management.
productive
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 19, 2017
co workers are fun to work with, teamwork. The only thing its hard for me is the traffic, too far from our place I live at Orange and going to Beverly Hills California.
Pros
free lunch and benefits
Cons
short breaks, 2hours drive to and from home
Intern (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 18, 2017
Kisco Senior Living is a good company to work for. However they do have their short comings, they tend to pigeon hole people and do not promote from within. A typical day at work is one where you must be prepared for anything. In my department particularly they will appoint 2 people to fill in when it is everyone's job to go to other areas as needed. This is probably the hardest part of the job, Some departments do not allow for advancement and some employees who do not pull their weight or perform well in their jobs are allowed to continue and their responsibilities are then passed on to others. The most enjoyable part of the job is opportunity to interact with the residents.
Pros
free lunch, free gym, free use of pool, health benifits
Cons
no opportunities for advancement, favortism, no repremands for poor job performance
Nice place with benefits but horrible management
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMay 18, 2017
This is a beautiful place to work at. They always work short, management sucks and the scheduling is always a conflict. Not everybody is a team player.
Benefits
Cons
poor management, too much drama

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kisco Senior Living, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9