Kishwaukee College Employee Reviews

Not Bad
Success Leader/ Front Office Representative (Former Employee) –  Malta, ILDecember 7, 2017
I enjoyed my time at KC. The staff and facility work together, so that's always a plus. I miss working there. I had a student worker position, but it was a great experience.
worked with great people and was able to work around my class schedule
Student Worker - Library Clerk (Former Employee) –  Malta, ILNovember 13, 2017
Worked as a student worker and the job worked around my class schedule. Fellow employees were good to work with and helped me out when I needed assistance.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
had to be busy even when there wasn't work to do
Low pay, isolated position
Adjunct math instructor (Former Employee) –  Malta, ILOctober 27, 2017
As an adjunct instructor at Kishwaukee College, in comparison to many community colleges in the area, the pay was low. Also, I knew very few of the other instructors in my department. The building is big and isolating and I rarely saw other instructors because of an evening schedule.
Looking for change
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Malta, ILSeptember 14, 2017
I am just looking for a change. I like the Instruction but this place has become unstable and management has started making irrational decisions about programs and their cost. Leaving out the benefits of the programs to the students interested and the community.
Productive and fun environment to work in
Student Worker/Library Assistant (Library) (Former Employee) –  Malta, ILMay 22, 2017
I loved my job at Kishwaukee College Library and the staff were really amazing people. Very friendly environment. Worked on my feet a lot. The management is great. The most enjoyable part of my job was my amazing employees.
Tutor
Math and Physics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Malta, ILApril 11, 2017
A relaxed position when tests aren't near, but when they are, be ready to tutor several people at once. You must be ready to handle people with a lot of anxiety.
Administrative Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Malta, ILMarch 28, 2017
Working at Kishwaukee College is great. The people are very nice and always accommodating for your needs. I am also a student at Kishwaukee, so they are always willing to work with your schedule.
Encouraging work environment, helpful coworkers
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Malta, ILFebruary 19, 2017
My coworkers have been nothing but welcoming and responsive to any questions I have. The college does a great job of allowing professors to be free in their lecture and is very supportive.
productive, laid back, and caring environment
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Malta, ILDecember 4, 2016
A typical day consisted of be given numerous tasks and choosing a few to do for that day, some had a higher priority so they would get finished first. each project was different and taught employees something new about technology. I learned how to install simple electrical devices up to complex assembly systems. Management was incredible, they really made employees feel cared for and safe even when dealing with potentially dangerous equipment. the hardest part of my job was getting more hours. the college had a set limit, however, because of a lack of funding I was lucky if I had 12 hours a week. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to take breaks whenever, having inspiring conversations with the manager, and learning about technology. Co-workers were easy to work with and students were enjoyable.
Pros
laid back, work at your own pace, lots to learn
Cons
Short hours
Solid place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Malta, ILJune 23, 2016
Enjoyed my time here..state budget an issue but the people are good people. Lots of room to grow, facilities are solid. Needs to work on growth issues as well as program development
Maintenance Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Malta, ILJune 6, 2016
A typical work day always has something different to do to keep the building running correctly. We perform pre-maintenance on al equipment each month.
Family Friendly, Low Pay, Fun
Prefer anonymous (Current Employee) –  Malta, ILMay 19, 2016
Depends on job but you get off at 4pm everyday and can get home to your family, rarely do you have to stay late. generous vacation time plus sick plus personal plus Christmas thru New Year's plus major holidays plus snow days, generous paid time off. Pay is low but insurance costs are also low relatively speaking. We work hard but have fun with our coworkers. Cafeteria on site and free work out facility for employees.
Pros
Family friendly
Cons
Low pay
Very busy
HR Associate (Current Employee) –  Malta, ILOctober 18, 2015
Fun work place and a supportive management team. Willing to help you grow and learn new and exciting challenges. Management is willing to take time out and show you new documents and how they need to be done.
love my students and coworkers
Being a Clinical Instructor at Kish College (Former Employee) –  Malta, ILApril 29, 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all my students graduate and become great techs. typical day was getting lecture plans ready and teaching the introductory class and going to clinical sites for the students.
Great group of people
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Malta, ILDecember 11, 2014
Great place to work to have the opportunity to assist students in learning what they need to do well in the workplace.
A recent addition was made and it has made the cafeteria, break room, bookstore, and foyer a much more welcoming place.
Look elsewhere.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Malta, ILNovember 19, 2013
KC offers a paycheck and little more. Morale is very low and leadership doesn't seem to care. For an educational institution, they have little interest in staff development. Environment is EXTRELY political.

I would NOT recommend them as employers.
Good starter place
Network and Telephone Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Malta, ILMay 13, 2013
This school offers a good education opportunity for employees.
Active learning environment
Adjunct Instructor, English (Current Employee) –  Malta, ILApril 21, 2013
Peer support outstanding. Very nice environment to work in. Discretion in scheduling.
I Teach 4-5 days a week, with 1-2 classes.
I teach developmental English currently and students can be challenging.
I have become more proficient in this area and have learned various ways to impart information and engage students.
Although challenging, rewards can be great.
Pros
peers, subject matters, scheduling
Cons
salary and benefits
Productive, goal oriented
Grounds Crew (Former Employee) –  Malta, ILJanuary 1, 2013
Typical day was cleaning equipment, mowing the lawns, moving objects, and fixing equipment that was non-functional.
I learned how to fix equipment and run new machinery, management was fair and great to work with. Co-workers where easy to wok with and get along with. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the climate changes. Most enjoyable part was working out doors almost every day.
Pros
breaks, good working hours, good co-workers
Cons
no healthcare
Ok Job
Financial Aid Specialist (Former Employee) –  Malta, ILNovember 1, 2012
Managements was not open to new ideas, and leadership was disconnected from staff.
Pros
solid job stability
Cons
poor communication, lack of appreciation in your work