Kishwaukee Hospital Employee Reviews

very nice hospital
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILJune 20, 2017
The hospital was very clean, friendly people. The people work with was nice but they also had group I didn't interact like that because I wasn't there to get label I came to do my job which was housekeeping so I stayed focus but recommend this hospital to anybody.
Pros
very understanding
Cons
dont pay what the job worth
volunteer
Physical Therapy Volunteer (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILMarch 19, 2017
being a volunteer gives you the chance to learn about the basics of how different areas of the hospital works. you are given the chance to work with many different people with different backgrounds.
Enjoy my job
Secretary (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILJuly 15, 2016
I work 4 hours a day , learning new tasks when I can.
Would like to be able to do more in the scheduling of patients
Some days are slower than others, so I work on excel to be more proficient in doing reports.
Pros
Hours
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILApril 27, 2016
Great staff to volunteer with. I was able to be put to use, and learn so much about working within a hospital environment.
Very toxic environment to work in
lab tech (Current Employee) –  LabJanuary 16, 2016
I was very unsatisfied with my employment here. The lab is always understaffed and the turnover is the highest in the hospital. The management lies about everything and covers up mistakes to allow themselves job security. The employees in the lab are some of the nicest, hardest working people you will meet, minus a few control hungry trolls that just need to be put out to pasture. Phlebotomists work ridiculously long hours and are not compensated AT ALL. Lead phlebotomist and section leads are amazing, but don't get any credit for their hardwork and are often reprimanded or punished for very small things. Managers turn a blind eye to problems that could easily be fixed if they chose to follow hospital protocol. Hopefully one day, they will get it figured out.
Pros
Nice lab workers
Cons
Managers that lie, department that is always understaffed
Great place to work with fantastic people
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILDecember 15, 2015
In my opinion the employees and the atmosphere is what make this hospital great. My patients and co-workers are the highlight of my day and make coming to work enjoyable. I constantly get compliments on the friendliness of everyone involved in the patient care.
Very involved MSW internship
Internship (Current Employee) –  DeKalb ILFebruary 8, 2015
My day at Kishwaukee Hospital consist of discharge planning, assessments, and working as a community liaison. Working collaboratively as a member of the health care team and with the patient/family/significant other to develop a plan of continuing care compatible with patient needs, goals, and financial resources while giving consideration to the normal characteristics of growth and development throughout the life span. Documenting plan appropriately in Meditech and Midas.
Great Learning Environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILJanuary 13, 2014
The Most enjoyable part was the diverse patient population
RN Internship (Former Employee) –  Sycamore, ILJuly 6, 2012
Even though it was an internship, in one short month I was able to get to know the staff pretty well. They were great to work with and willing to help out a future RN. I thought it was a great experience and would love to continue to work there.
Pros
great staff and management, they look out for all patients