Kisling, Nestico & Redick

Kisling, Nestico & Redick Employee Reviews

Great Place
Litigation Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 27, 2016
I have been a paralegal for this firm for many years. I enjoy helping people when they need us the most. Working their case through the process alongside the attorney is very gratifying. Knowing that I helped get the case to resolution and the clients are happy is a wonderful feeling.

The management team is caring and dedicated to the staff. You can go to them without hesitation. Not only do the firm and staff help the community with various different fundraisers, they do not blink an eye when one of their own needs the help.

Co-workers are always there to give a helping hand if needed in daily tasks. Everyone works as a team to get things done. And that does not go unnoticed by the management staff. They provide a catered lunch once a month to honor those months birthdays and various other giveaways to let you know they appreciate what you do for them.

It is an honor and a privilege to work for such a wonderful firm.

We are a TEAM at Kisling, Nestico and Redick
Pros
Team Oriented
Great Place to start out at
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 15, 2016
KNR is a great place to start out at, but the salary compensation is extremely low compared to the work load. It is very fast paced and high volume and they do not compensate you enough for all of the work that is required of you. The medical insurance is not good and the paid time off is okay.

Management at KNR tends to play favorites a lot which leaves bad moral amongst employees. They also have a ton of rules that you are expected to follow and documents that you are expected to sign or else you will threaten to be fired.
Pros
Monthly Birthday lunches
Cons
Low compensation, very stressful
Great place to work!
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  AkronDecember 21, 2016
I’ve worked at KNR as a paralegal since 2005. I’ve seen the firm grow from a small office with 3 paralegals and 3 lawyers to well over 100 staff members with multiple locations servicing clients throughout all of Northeast Ohio. Having 30 years’ experience in the legal field, and having worked in several other law firms throughout my career, I can honestly say that KNR is by far the best law firm in Ohio.

I've been a part of KNR’s growth and although it is a very fast-paced, high volume law firm, KNR employees are given every opportunity to succeed - including state of the art computer equipment, tech support and immediate support and assistance from management. KNR equips its employees with all the necessary tools to ensure efficiency while providing excellent customer service.

All companies experience growing pains, including KNR but they have worked hard to address these issues. As we’ve grown, I have witnessed KNR make numerous changes over the years to benefit its employees. Today, we have much better benefits; we have flex time (if we come in early/late, we can leave early/late); 401K programs; changes in our time off policy to allow PTO time (this allows us to use our days as we see fit).

I see some comments on here about poor management. I don’t understand this negativity. I love my job and can’t imagine myself working anywhere else. Our work place is professional and respectful. Yes, there is an employee handbook that we adhere to and a time keeping system (you cannot come-and-go as you please), but what company doesn’t have these things? Yes,
  more... occasionally extra hours are required and/or a weekend, but we are paid for all over-time worked. We are treated like people.

Working at KNR is very fulfilling and exciting. As with any job, you get out of it what you put into it. If you work hard, you are rewarded. If you are lazy and don’t put forth the effort, you aren’t rewarded. It is that simple. We have a kind and caring support staff, not only for each other, but for our clients as well. I have never worked for a more kind and caring group of individuals - from our data entry level positions all the way to the top of the ladder, Attorney Nestico himself. I know that in a time of need and/or crisis, I can count on any member of KNR for assistance and/or emotional support.

KNR is very involved in the community and gives back to our community throughout the year during numerous charity events and fundraisers. My favorite event each year is the Turkey Give-Away. We collect canned goods and/or coat donations for the Akron-Canton Food Bank/Salvation Army and in exchange pass out a turkey to each donator. I don’t believe there is any other law firm in this area that gets as involved and gives back to the community as much as KNR.

I love my job. I have met some amazing people and it is very rewarding to work with such caring and thoughtful individuals. I am very proud to be a member of Team KNR.
Pros
Great environment, caring co-workers and managers, and flex time.
Cons
I am genuinely happy. Fast paced, however I thrive in this type of environment.
Great company to work for!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 11, 2016
This is an amazing company and your efforts are always noticed. Management is great and they will always treat you well if you work hard. It's also such a fun environment.
Find another law firm
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 8, 2016
Management sucks! They never inform the office of what's happening in regards to employees quitting or being fired. You just show up one day and they're gone. EXTREMELY unprofessional. If you are looking for a place to grow or advance, look somewhere else.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
incompetent mgmt
Awful place to work
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHDecember 26, 2016
Management is horrible! Employees are rude. It's like being in high school again, the employees have their cliques. Not a welcoming environment at all. They fire and hire people all the time. The managers have their favorites and definitely show it. Try to fire you over anything. Don't recommend this place at all.
Pros
Birthday lunches every month
Cons
Short lunch, no breaks
Wonderful Work Place
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 28, 2016
I have been with KNR for almost 2 years and it has been the best. I have seen a lot of different aspects of the company and worked in multiple departments. I originally started working as a part-time time receptionist. I then moved to the intake department where I spent almost a year before moving back to reception full time. I have now been promoted to my current position of legal assistant. Each of those positions allowed me to work with different managers and to have different responsibilities and opportunities for growth.

KNR relies on teamwork. No one job is complete without all of the other people doing their part. That is one of the things I like most is the team aspect of helping each other help clients. Steve Jobs said that “The only way to do great work is to love what you do” and I think that is one big reason behind the success of this company. People love what they do. I love what I do.
Very Rewarding Work
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 3, 2017
KNR is a rewarding and fun place to work. As someone who enjoys helping others, I like being able to help people on a daily basis. It can be difficult to work on particularly devastating cases, but in the end, when we've reached a successful resolution, it's all worth it.

I have many years of experience and I can confidently say, I've never enjoyed working for another firm more than I enjoy working at KNR. The atmosphere is casual, yet professional. Fridays are jeans days and there are many other opportunities to dress down on other days too. A great group of co-workers truly make each day enjoyable.

Working for a company which makes giving back to the community a high priority is an added bonus.
Pros
Rewarding work, fun atmosphere, jeans casual, great co-workers
Cons
One week PTO first year, but increases after that
typical law office don't work here
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 6, 2016
Extremely high turnover. Constant new staff because they just hire warm bodies. Treat people like they are disposable. Ridiculous amount of rules. Typical attorney office work you to death and pay you nothing. Give you vacation but never allowed to take it or carry over or paid out when you leave. Hours are awful 8:30 to 5:15 with only a 45 minute lunch making it impossible to ever leave the building for lunch. Have to sign in and out and can't be a minute late or leave a second early or you get in trouble. Like to micromanage a lot. A lot of the older staff are very unfriendly and treat you like you don't exist. They also push you to buy all their clothing and go to the million events they sponsor such as concerts, parades, and marathons. Most of the clients are from the worst class of people and have various criminal records. Don't work here unless you can't find anything else.
Pros
Free lunch once a month bring food in a lot.
Cons
Lunch too short, hours bad, little pay for amount of work, bad clients
Always busy!
Data Entry Specialist, Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 7, 2016
Every day is different but productive. I have learned to be a better employee with excellent communication and organizational skills.
Pros
Free lunch once a month. And quarterly bonuses
Cons
Bad compensation for all the hours worked
Little room for advancement
worker (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 21, 2013
Desperate need of new management. This company would be a lot better if there was a lot less favoritism. Management also very hypocritical and will lie to your face. The only thing this place is good for is that you will collect a paycheck until you find a better job. The pay is ridiculously low and they offer a quarterly bonus but make you jump through hoops to get it and when you do you come to find out that it wasn't worth it. Plus you work on salary so it doesn't matter how much you work overtime pay is few and far between.
Pros
free lunch once a month, free dinner and drinks every quarter
Cons
terrible medical, management, demanding hours
Poor Management
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 16, 2013
Poor management, unclear goals, low compensation, and a bad work environment make this an employer to avoid.
Pros
Good group of co-workers, free lunch once a month
Cons
Below market compensation, no benefits package, mandatory unpaid overtime and mandatory attendance at community events
fun place to work
Personal Injury Pre Litigation Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 14, 2015
Very busy, very stressful, fun place work.
high turn over.
changes all the time.
Growing company, no room for advancement.
Pay structure not good
KNR is a great company to work for motivated, educated and driven individuals
Paralegal Manager (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 2, 2014
The work structure is by nature VERY intense. It is extremely time demanding and at points, high pressure. You are provided with thorough training and assigned a mentor to make sure you are given every opportunity to succeed. Hard work pays off. You are not only given a salary, but are eligible for bonus's, and rewarded with overnight spa trips, free event tickets, casual Fridays, staff lunches, etc.

Management- not only do they know everyone's name, but they also take an interest in everyone's personal life as well. They care about their employees. It is a very friendly atmosphere. Everyone knows who the boss is, yes. But they'll be the first ones to crack a joke or offer a hand. If you are struggling, say the word and they are there to assist and not only say they'll address the problem, but actually DO!

KNR cares about the community and is involved with many charitable organizations. They enjoy giving back to the community, as those are often the people we serve. Community events are not mandatory. They are a fun way to bring their employees together outside of work.

The environment at KNR is very relaxed, yet professional. Everyone gets along as can be expected with 50+ people in one space! We all enjoy participating in outside events together. Many friendships have formed at KNR and have lasted even beyond their employment.

I enjoy coming to work every day (well, most days anyway!) because I have formed my own friendships with all employees. I am respected and appreciated. I know I can count on them, as well as my managers to help me succeed.
  more... I was given an opportunity with no paralegal work experience and 3 years later, promoted to management because MY hard work paid off. I am happy to work for KNR. This job isn't for everyone, but if you are driven and self motivated you will succeed at KNR.  less
Pros
401K firm matching; paid sick days and vacation; Casual Fridays
Cons
Average Health Care benefits
KNR is a great place to work!
Litigation Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 3, 2014
I first came to work at KNR as a paralegal in the Litigation Department in 2012. After 30 years of experience in the legal field, I thought I had seen it all - I was wrong!

KNR offers their employees state of the art computers, computer monitors, scanners and copiers. We have tech support at our finger tips; we have support from management on an as-needed daily basis; we have a database program that is unparalleled, which allows us to instantly be up-to-date on any given file; we have access to WestLaw whenever needed. In all my years, I've never experienced this level of commitment to a firm's employees, and in turn, the ability to provide excellent service to the clients. It is an extremely fast paced environment, but you are given every opportunity to succeed.

Every day is different, exciting and presents new challenges. We have a kind and caring support staff, not only for each other, but for our client's as well. Many of our clients have been seriously injured, some completely disabled, others have family members who have been killed in a motor vehicle accident - which can take an emotional toll on staff when dealing with this day in/day out. However, the environment at KNR permits us to have a quick chat with a co-worker, or have a cup of coffee in the kitchen and just sit for a minute - just to deal with it and move on.

KNR is very involved in our community and gives back to our community. My favorite outreach was the turkey give away for canned good donations for the Food Bank. It was a rainy, miserable fall day - top management, several co-workers
  more... and I - were all outside in the cold collecting canned goods & giving away free turkeys. I promise you there is no other firm in this area where top management would have taken time from their day to physically (and financially) get involved. I was so proud & it was a blast!  less
Pros
Paid vacation & sick time, 401K Match, Monthly staff birthday lunch celebrations, bonus opportunity, casual Fridays
Cons
No separate paid bereavement leave (apart from personal/vacation time)
Great learning experience
Civil Litigation Intern (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 14, 2015
This company was excellent at teaching interns what being a paralegal truly entails.
I enjoy my job very much but it is only part-time
presently paralegal/courier part-time (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 15, 2013
The company is a very good company to work for.
but it is only part-time
Pros
I like being out and about
Cons
It is only part-time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kisling, Nestico & Redick. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9