Kisling, Nestico & Redick Employee Reviews

Face paced and a great working enviornment
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 10, 2017
I absolutely loved working at Kisling, Nestico & Redick. The attorneys are the best in the business. They work with their legal assistance and make them feel valued and appreciated. I have learned so much during my time there, and I am sad to leave.
Pros
active in the community, work perks, hotel discounts, cell phone discounts, birthday lunches once a month, pot lucks, etc.
Cons
high volume
Team knr
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 10, 2017
Working for a growing company is intimidating but rewarding. My position at KNR has a lot of responsibility but it keeps me on my toes. Providing customer service is important to KNR. My coworkers are also my friends, there's always someone to help me if I need it, management genuinely cares, lots of fun events too. I've never had a job where I feel comfortable and excited to come in everyday. I enjoy what I do and like the fact that KNR provides opportunities for growth.
Pros
Community events, free monthly lunches
Cons
Better health benefits
KNR is a great place to work.
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 27, 2017
I love working at KNR. From my first day on the job everyone has been so welcoming and helpful. I love that it is a fast pace environment. There is never a dull moment in my position and I get to experience many aspects of the firm. Everyone is there for you to answer any questions you have and always willing to help. I have learned so much in the time that I have worked at KNR. There are many perks for employees as well. We have casual Fridays and a free lunch every month to celebrate the birthdays. I love that KNR is a great company that gives back to the community. We have done many events to raise money for charities, donated items for hurricane Harvey and gave school supplies to children in need. Kisling, Nestico & Redick is an amazing place to work and an overall great company.
Pros
Casual Fridays and being able to do events that help the community.
No direct management on site, minimal training, high turn over of staff in two offices, lacking process management, promote those who cause issues.
Litigation Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 4, 2017
Current litigation paralegal - very high turn over if you can outlast the rumors, high volume of cases (100-150) and changing directives from day to day.
Pros
Dress down days, one free lunch per month, private office
Cons
Most staff stay to themselves, lack of true team mentality, no direct management on site.
Great environment to learn and grow
Social media Intern (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 6, 2017
My experience as an intern at Kisling, Nestico & Redick has been everything one could want from an internship. I was made to feel comfortable from my first day on the job, thanks in large part to friendly and supportive coworkers. The greatest aspect of my time at KNR is that I have been trusted with actual, real-world work and I've been given the freedom to do it as I see fit. This real-world experience has been immensely helpful in learning more about the industry and what it demands. I would absolutely recommend KNR to anyone in search of an internship.
Pros
Positive work environment, strong emphasis on community service, supportive coworkers
Good Experience
Social Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 6, 2017
A typical day at work for a social media/design intern would include working on projects for the firm at a reasonable rate and getting constant feedback along the way. I have learned so much about designing for a professional business and how to work and communicate with others to complete a project. The management was fantastic and super easy to get along and talk with. The hardest part of the job was designing for a law firm that sometimes restricts you to guidelines you have to follow. The most enjoyable parts of the job were seeing your work posted online, working at the blossom concerts, and interacting with management. I had a very rewarding experience here and would definitely recommend this job to others.
Pros
Experience, flexibility, and management
Love what you do!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 20, 2017
As a current employee, I can say that I absolutely love this job. They are very flexible when it comes to my ever changing schedule and are more than happy to accommodate changes. I enjoy working in a fast paced environment and that is exactly how I would describe this law firm! Everyone is very eager to answer questions, and the departments have to work hand in hand to ensure that everything is done. A typical day at work entails communicating with all employees and clients, keep everyday tasks moving smoothly, and make sure that all time sensitive tasks are done in a timely manner. I have learned through this job, that nothing lasts forever and there is always room for improvement! If you are looking for a fast paced work environment, and a place to learn every day, this work place will be a great fit for you!
Pros
Birthday lunches for free, flexible with schedules
Cons
high turn over
I love my job!
Pre-litigation Attorney (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 7, 2017
If you're looking for a fast-paced, rewarding legal position, KNR is the place for you. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of issues within the scope of personal injury and the mentoring is fantastic.

The firm has grown exponentially in past several years, and with that comes growing pains. However, management has done a great job of working though those issues and continues to do so. They do a wonderful job of finding creative ways to show appreciation for hard work and commitment.

Also, the office culture is fun, relaxed, and friendly. We have frequent potlucks and monthly lunches to celebrate birthdays.
Pros
Free lunches monthly and a friendly environment.
Very poor experience
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 8, 2017
Management has unrealistic expectations and they play favorites. I was one of the first people hired at Toledo and when they brought people from Akron to help train us the people were so rude. If you didn't understand everything right away they treat you like you're stupid. Extremely low compensation as well. I do not suggest this employer, especially the Toledo location.
Kisling, Nestico and Redick has been my favorite place of employment thus far.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 20, 2017
MY TYPICAL DAY AT WORK
A typical day of work in my shoes, i would say, is pretty eventful. There is never a dull moment. There are surprises around every corner. This could consist of anything from a surprise breakfast or lunch for the firm to having the privilege of leaving early on the Friday before a holiday.

MANAGEMENT
I enjoy the management team very much.I honestly feel that they do the best they can to accommodate every ones needs, and they do what the can to make everyone happy and comfortable in their work place. Their goal is to make this a second home for their employees, and that is exactly what it feels like to me.

THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB
I can honestly say i do not believe that their is a part of my job that i do not enjoy.

THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF MY JOB
The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be that i feel comfortable in my surroundings. I have never had a job that made feel like in the morning i want to wake up and come to work. But i love coming to work at KNR. I have made very close friends with so many fellow employees, they have become just like family. I have never worked somewhere that hosts a Christmas party, or gives lunch every month for employee birthdays, and i have never worked for a company that has given back to the community as much as KNR has. Rob holds so many fundraising events to help give back to the community, i have never worked for someone who cares so much about others and sincerely wants to help in any way they can, and for that i have so much respect and love for the Person and company i work for.
Pros
The employees are like family, free lunch on the fist Wednesday of every month, decent dress code to follow, management is very understanding and works with you in any time of need.
Cons
healthcare plan was just to much for myself and my daughter with me being a single mom, dental and vision plans are great!

Want to know more about Kisling, Nestico & Redick?

Ask a question
Have you ever seen the movie Mean Girls?
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 17, 2017
If so, it's like that... only much less entertaining. If you view life as a popularity contest, strive to be involved in cliques, identify as a bully, are impressed by suits/nice cars or enjoy kissing booty, this is the ideal place for you! If not, don't waste your time and energy.
Pros
Stable hours and income
Cons
Petty, sleazy, greasy, narcissistic, contant power-tripping snakes for management
Very fast paced, and Condescending
Receptionist / Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 11, 2017
I loved the environment. Too many people fired within so many weeks, management could use some improvement. Go in, find work that needs done, multi-tasking, have to have thick skin to deal with some people.
Rewarding if you like people
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 13, 2017
You come to work and actually help make a positive difference in the lives of people who have been injured in car accidents. Fun work environment, everyone helps one another. Management cares about the well being of employees which is visible in day to day interactions. They recently implemented flexible work hours which is great for my ever changing family schedule.
Pros
Good work environment, always improving
Great Place to Work
Litigation Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 13, 2017
KNR is a great place to work with great benefits and co-workers. All offices are fully equipped with state of the art equipment to make your job easier. The co-workers encourage each other and are quick to help. I have a great attorney and have enjoyed our working relationship 100%. Each team of paralegal and attorney is allowed the freedom to work with each other however makes them most productive. The better each team does, the better the department does. It is really like a family here.

The company recently offered a staggered work schedule which is great. It allows employees to schedule a work time that works with their own personal obligations/preferences.
Pros
Once a month birthday lunches, casual fridays, excellent work environment
Cons
No room for advancement, no bonuses
Very productive, yet a fun place to work.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHJanuary 31, 2017
We are a growing company. We all work as a team. My co- workers have become my extended family. It is a all around great place for a job that you turn into a career. They are very flexible with your schedule, PTO and paid holidays. I am very grateful for KNR and what they have done for me and my family.
Pros
PTO and paid holidays, very flexible when it comes to my 6 year old child.
Very Rewarding Work
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 3, 2017
KNR is a rewarding and fun place to work. As someone who enjoys helping others, I like being able to help people on a daily basis. It can be difficult to work on particularly devastating cases, but in the end, when we've reached a successful resolution, it's all worth it.

I have many years of experience and I can confidently say, I've never enjoyed working for another firm more than I enjoy working at KNR. The atmosphere is casual, yet professional. Fridays are jeans days and there are many other opportunities to dress down on other days too. A great group of co-workers truly make each day enjoyable.

Working for a company which makes giving back to the community a high priority is an added bonus.
Pros
Rewarding work, fun atmosphere, jeans casual, great co-workers
Cons
One week PTO first year, but increases after that
Wonderful Work Place
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 28, 2016
I have been with KNR for almost 2 years and it has been the best. I have seen a lot of different aspects of the company and worked in multiple departments. I originally started working as a part-time time receptionist. I then moved to the intake department where I spent almost a year before moving back to reception full time. I have now been promoted to my current position of legal assistant. Each of those positions allowed me to work with different managers and to have different responsibilities and opportunities for growth.

KNR relies on teamwork. No one job is complete without all of the other people doing their part. That is one of the things I like most is the team aspect of helping each other help clients. Steve Jobs said that “The only way to do great work is to love what you do” and I think that is one big reason behind the success of this company. People love what they do. I love what I do.
Great Place
Litigation Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 27, 2016
I have been a paralegal for this firm for many years. I enjoy helping people when they need us the most. Working their case through the process alongside the attorney is very gratifying. Knowing that I helped get the case to resolution and the clients are happy is a wonderful feeling.

The management team is caring and dedicated to the staff. You can go to them without hesitation. Not only do the firm and staff help the community with various different fundraisers, they do not blink an eye when one of their own needs the help.

Co-workers are always there to give a helping hand if needed in daily tasks. Everyone works as a team to get things done. And that does not go unnoticed by the management staff. They provide a catered lunch once a month to honor those months birthdays and various other giveaways to let you know they appreciate what you do for them.

It is an honor and a privilege to work for such a wonderful firm.

We are a TEAM at Kisling, Nestico and Redick
Pros
Team Oriented
Awful place to work
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHDecember 26, 2016
Management is horrible! Employees are rude. It's like being in high school again, the employees have their cliques. Not a welcoming environment at all. They fire and hire people all the time. The managers have their favorites and definitely show it. Try to fire you over anything. Don't recommend this place at all.
Pros
Birthday lunches every month
Cons
Short lunch, no breaks
Great place to work!
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  AkronDecember 21, 2016
I’ve worked at KNR as a paralegal since 2005. I’ve seen the firm grow from a small office with 3 paralegals and 3 lawyers to well over 100 staff members with multiple locations servicing clients throughout all of Northeast Ohio. Having 30 years’ experience in the legal field, and having worked in several other law firms throughout my career, I can honestly say that KNR is by far the best law firm in Ohio.

I've been a part of KNR’s growth and although it is a very fast-paced, high volume law firm, KNR employees are given every opportunity to succeed - including state of the art computer equipment, tech support and immediate support and assistance from management. KNR equips its employees with all the necessary tools to ensure efficiency while providing excellent customer service.

All companies experience growing pains, including KNR but they have worked hard to address these issues. As we’ve grown, I have witnessed KNR make numerous changes over the years to benefit its employees. Today, we have much better benefits; we have flex time (if we come in early/late, we can leave early/late); 401K programs; changes in our time off policy to allow PTO time (this allows us to use our days as we see fit).

I see some comments on here about poor management. I don’t understand this negativity. I love my job and can’t imagine myself working anywhere else. Our work place is professional and respectful. Yes, there is an employee handbook that we adhere to and a time keeping system (you cannot come-and-go as you please), but what company doesn’t have these things? Yes,
  more... occasionally extra hours are required and/or a weekend, but we are paid for all over-time worked. We are treated like people.

Working at KNR is very fulfilling and exciting. As with any job, you get out of it what you put into it. If you work hard, you are rewarded. If you are lazy and don’t put forth the effort, you aren’t rewarded. It is that simple. We have a kind and caring support staff, not only for each other, but for our clients as well. I have never worked for a more kind and caring group of individuals - from our data entry level positions all the way to the top of the ladder, Attorney Nestico himself. I know that in a time of need and/or crisis, I can count on any member of KNR for assistance and/or emotional support.

KNR is very involved in the community and gives back to our community throughout the year during numerous charity events and fundraisers. My favorite event each year is the Turkey Give-Away. We collect canned goods and/or coat donations for the Akron-Canton Food Bank/Salvation Army and in exchange pass out a turkey to each donator. I don’t believe there is any other law firm in this area that gets as involved and gives back to the community as much as KNR.

I love my job. I have met some amazing people and it is very rewarding to work with such caring and thoughtful individuals. I am very proud to be a member of Team KNR.
Pros
Great environment, caring co-workers and managers, and flex time.
Cons
I am genuinely happy. Fast paced, however I thrive in this type of environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kisling, Nestico & Redick. Our community is ready to answer.

Kisling, Nestico & Redick Reviews by Location